AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Monkey Island news

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Monkey Island news

A new Monkey Island game is soon to be released. I'm not sure what to think though.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Better yet, they're making a remake of the first game. And it's looking pretty damn true to the original!

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by Eris; 06-13-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

I'm going to have to see a little more of the new game to make a decision. I've already decided that the remake looks great so far.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

I'm glad Gilbert's back onbord he not been since Le chuck's revenge ( the best one of them I say)

I dont know why lucas arts stopped making these cool point and click games for the last 5 years all we have had from them is star wars after star wars game, what the hell happend? plus the move to 3d made it lose some of its cartoonish charm.

I'm off to fire up the S.C.U.M.M.V.M.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO ^_^ View Post
    I dont know why lucas arts stopped making these cool point and click games for the last 5 years all we have had from them is star wars after star wars game, what the hell happend?
    People lost interest in point and click adventures.

That, and a load of point and click adventures suffered from the problem where the solutions to puzzles only make sense in the developers mind.
    Last edited by Storm Strife; 06-13-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'd love to see them remake the legend of kyrandia games they was almost as funny as monkey island

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Strife View Post
    People lost interest in point and click adventures
    People kept their interest, it was largely the introduction of a new demographic of gamers that killed adventure gaming. Adventure games require great patience and a long attention span. People with those features to their personality were attracted to early computers for different reasons, so they were a pretty large demographic in the 1990s (enough to be profitable to make games for.) The more popular personal computers got, the smaller the chunk that appreciated adventure games got, until it eventually wasn't worth it anymore.

There's a pronounced paradigm shift in the late 1990s where games went from selling on game play to selling on dazzling graphics, where everything was made in 3D, whether it made sense or not. The hype has sort of faded the last couple of years, but the golden age of real PC gaming has unfortunately gone the way of the dodo.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
    People kept their interest, it was largely the introduction of a new demographic of gamers that killed adventure gaming. Adventure games require great patience and a long attention span. People with those features to their personality were attracted to early computers for different reasons, so they were a pretty large demographic in the 1990s (enough to be profitable to make games for.) The more popular personal computers got, the smaller the chunk that appreciated adventure games got, until it eventually wasn't worth it anymore.

There's a pronounced paradigm shift in the late 1990s where games went from selling on game play to selling on dazzling graphics, where everything was made in 3D, whether it made sense or not. The hype has sort of faded the last couple of years, but the golden age of real PC gaming has unfortunately gone the way of the dodo.

I said it many times before a good game stands the test of time, I mean all these new games I keep seeing all look good but good the same.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

I can't wait for it actually. Even if I'm not crazy about Guybrush's chin pubes. The Adventure genre has always been one of my favorites.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

I never played it before but it looks like a funny game im going to have to download it on my 360.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    I never played it before but it looks like a funny game im going to have to download it on my 360.
    The first two are great...I'd recommend hunting them down along with ScummVM so you can play them on a modern PC.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    The first two are great...I'd recommend hunting them down along with ScummVM so you can play them on a modern PC.
    Or DOSBox, they work fine on that too.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Strife View Post
    Or DOSBox, they work fine on that too.
    ScummVM is better, if you ask me. It makes better use of the modern features of the computer, to enhance the experience.

Closed Thread

Thread Information