AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Nana (manga/anime)

Anti-Dentite Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus. has a reputation beyond repute Cyrus.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 08:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Nana (manga/anime)

For those of you who have never seen or read Nana it's a must watch/read, trust me. For me I was like kind of semi on the fence of watching it because I enjoy watching fighting. Things like Naruto and Soul Eater etc etc and Nana is nothing like that. To me Nana is like Seinfeld meaning it's a show about nothing and random everyday things happen on the manga except it's not really a comedy well it is but it's more of a romance/drama anime/manga

Summary (disclaimer: wikipedia):
    Nana Osaki is a punk singer who wants to debut with her band Black Stones (BLAST for short). Nana was the lead vocalist in their old band with her boyfriend, Ren, and they lived together as lovers since she was 16. When Ren was offered a chance to debut in Tokyo as a replacement member of the popular band Trapnest (Taranesu in Japanese), Nana chose to cultivate her own band after Ren left her and Black Stones for Trapnest. Having too much pride to simply follow Ren to Tokyo and happily be a rockstar's girlfriend, she stayed behind. She leaves for Tokyo at the age of twenty, and to start her musical career. Hachiko the other Nana, is called with the nickname Hachi (after Hachiko) as she has weak mental characteristics that resemble a puppy. With a habit of falling in love at first sight all the time, Hachi has always depended on other people to help her. When her friends and then boyfriend leave for Tokyo, she decides to join them a year later after having saved enough money at the age of twenty.
    Nana and Hachi meet in a train by chance, both on their way to Tokyo. After a string of coincidences, they come to live together in an apartment numbered 707. Despite having contrasting characters and ideals, the Nanas like and respect each other.
    While the Black Stones begin to gain popularity at live gigs, other issues need resolving, especially in the areas of romance. The story of Nana revolves heavily on the romance and relationships of the two characters as one seeks fame and recognition while the other seeks love and happiness.

I am currently hooked on this manga, I read it every time it is updated. But it's not updated regularly like Naruto is; which is about every week. Nana is updated once every month. If you never read Nana go to onemanga it's there.

So what are your thoughts about Nana and the characters?
    Who do you like?
    Who don't you like?
    8.27.08 <----

Sig made by Novak~

"You know, I don't get it. Since when are you not allowed to ask a Chinese man where a Chinese restaurant is? I mean, aren't we getting a little too sensitive here? If someone asks me, "which direction is Israel," I don't go flying off the handle."
    - Jerry Seinfeld

Member araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219 has a reputation beyond repute araym219's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2009 11:12 AM
    Threads

do you have any idea as to when the second season of the anime will start? i've been looking on the internet, but couldn't really find it...
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    Do you think about me now and then?

I'm No Angel! Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 07:59 AM
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States, 109436565740998, Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Threads

There is no second season. It ended with 47 episodes & 3 specials.

Member oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2012 12:42 PM
    Threads

I love Nana! It's one of my favorites. The stuff going on in both of the Nana's lives is interesting and I love punk music...

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

Great series. Live action is also good.

Senior Member Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 06:15 AM
    Threads

that serie is awesome. never readed the manga but watched the anime two times in a row. i loved it
    Created to Overrule Everything

Senior Member mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2009 04:00 PM
    Threads

i liked the anime and manga they were both very good after watching the anime i started to dislike hachi because she too needy for men, and i hated the way she did nobu he didnt deserve it he was too much of a nice guy for that. shin was a sweety and super cute i was so happy when he and reira got together they deserve each other. shin had a rough life so it was nice to see him happy and loved. nana and rean belong together cant wait to see them married and i hope they have kids. i did think thay nana and hachis relationship was a little strange but you kind of get if you compare it to a long lasting relationship with a best friend. i hated the fact hachi had takumis baby even though the little girl came out pretty cute and i guess they made a cute couple at nobus expense. yasu's love for nana was kind of sad but he loved ren as a brother more than he loved her as a woman so that turned out ok. to me the whole anime was like a whole bunch of love triangles with alot of sadness and some happiness here and there almost like a soap opera but it was very addictive. the music was good i liked all the openings and endings. i havent finished reading the whole manga yet so im not sure how far it goes into the story. i could keep on talking about it but i want to finish the manga first.

Closed Thread

Thread Information