AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sound Horizon - ERU no Tenbin

Hybrid View

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Sound Horizon - ERU no Tenbin

―――悪魔に魂を売り渡すかのように 金になる事なら何でもやった
    問うべきは手段では無い その男にとって目的こそが全て
    切実な現実 彼には金が必要だった...

-- akuma ni tamashii o uriwatasu ka no you ni kane ni naru koto nara nan demo yatta
    toubeki wa shudan wa nai sono otoko ni totte mokuteki koso ga subete
    setsujitsu na genjitsu kare ni wa kane ga hitsuyou datta...

-- As if selling his soul to the devil, he would do anything for money
    His method was not to ask questions; to that man, his goal was everything
    It was a pressing reality: he needed money...

傾き続けてゆく天秤 その左皿が沈み切る前に
    力づくでも浮き上がらせるだけの金が 右皿には必要だった...
    そして...その夜も天秤は仮面を躍らせる……

katamukitsudzukete yuku tenbin sono hidarizara ga shizumikiru mae ni
    chikaradzuku demo ukiagaraseru dake no kane ga migizara ni wa hitsuyou datta...
    soshite... sono yoru mo tenbin wa kamen o odoraseru...

The scales continued to list to one side; before the left plate could sink
    Though he was encouraged, money that would only make it rise was needed on the right side...
    And so... that night, the scales made the mask leap...

闇を纏うように 夜の静寂を探り 瞳と瞳を見つめ合って
    夢想的な月灯りに そっと唇重ね 息を潜めた...

yami o matou you ni yoru no shijima o saguri me to me o mitsumeatte
    musouteki [ROMANTIKKU] na tsukiakari ni sotto kuchibiru kasane iki o hisometa

As if cloaked in the darkness, they probed the stillness of the night; their eyes gazed at one another
    In the romantic moonlight, their lips softly met as they held their breath

慌しく通り過ぎる 追っ手達を遣り過ごし 手と手を取り合って
    戯曲的な逃避行に 酔った二つの人生 愛に捧げた...

awatadashiku toorisugiru otte-tachi o yarisugoshi te to te toriatte
    gikyokuteki [DORAMATIKKU] na touhikou ni yotta futatsu no jinsei [inochi] ai ni sasageta

Letting their hurried pursuers pass them by, they took one another's hands
    Drunk on their dramatic elopement, the two offered their lives up to love

身分違いの恋 許されないと知っても ♂と♀は惹かれ合った
    嗜虐的な貴族主義を蹴って檻を抜け出す 嗚呼それは悲劇...

mibun chigai no koi yurusarenai to shitte mo ♂ to ♀ [o to me] wa hikareatta
    shigyakuteki [SADISUTIKKU] na kizoku shugi o kette ori o nukedasu aa sore wa higeki...

Though they knew that love between those of different classes was forbidden, the man and woman were attracted to each other
    Rejecting the cruel aristocratic and fleeing their cage -- ah, that was a tragedy...

運命の遊戯盤の上で 支配力を求めて 生と死は奪い合った
    徹底的な追悼劇を 笑う事こそ人生 嗚呼むしろ喜劇...

unmei no yuugiban [BOODO] no ue de shihairyoku o motomete sei to shi wa ubaiatta
    tetteiteki [DORASTIKKU] na tsuitougeki o warau koto koso jinsei aa mushiro kigeki...

Seeking the power to control the game board of fate, they wrested from one another even lives and deaths
    They live to laugh at a drastic mourning play -- ah, rather, a comedy...

楽園への旅路 自由への船出 逃走の果てに辿りついた岸辺
    船頭に扮した男が指を鳴らすと 黒衣の影が舟を取り囲んだ……

rakuen e no tabiji jiyuu e no funade tousou no hate ni tadoritsuita kishibe
    sendou ni funshita otoko ga yubi o narasu to kokui no kage ga fune o torikakonda...

The journey to Paradise, setting sail for freedom -- at the end of their flight, they at last came to a riverbank
    When the man who'd been disguised as a boatman snapped his fingers, black-clad shadows surrounded the boat...

「お帰りの船賃でしたらご心配なく 既に充分すぎるほど戴いておりますので けれども彼は ここでさよなら 」
    「残念だったね」

"okaeri no funachin deshitara go-shinpai naku sude ni juubun sugiru hodo itadaite orimasu no de keredo mo kare wa koko de sayonara"
    "zannen datta ne"

"Don't worry about the return fare -- I've already been given more than enough. But you'll be saying goodbye to him here."
    "It's a shame, isn't it?"

「娘さえ無事に戻るならそれで良い 使用人の方など殺しても構わんわ」
    一度も眼を合わせずに伯爵はそう言った... 金貨の詰まった袋が机叩いた...

"musume sae buji ni modoru nara sore de yoi shiyounin [otoko] no hou nado koroshite [barashite] mo kamawan wa"
    ichido mo me o awasezu ni hakushaku wa sou itta... kinka [coin] no tsumatta fukuro ga tsukue [TEEBURU] tataita

"Only my daughter needs to be returned safely -- it doesn't matter if you kill the servant [man]"
    The count spoke without meeting his eyes even once... the bag full of gold coins hit the table

いつも人間は何も知らない方が幸福だろうに
    けれど他人を求める限り全てを知りたがる
    ―――何故破滅へと歩みだす?

itsumo ningen [hito] wa nani mo shiranai hou ga koufuku [shiawase] darou ni
    keredo tanin [hito] o motomeru kagiri subete o shiritagaru
    -- naze hametsu e to ayumidasu?

People are always happier knowing nothing
    But as long as they desire another person, they seek to know everything
    -- Why do we walk towards our own destruction?

華やかな婚礼 幸せな花嫁 運命の女神はどんな脚本を好むのか...
    虚飾の婚礼 消えた花嫁 破滅の女神はどんな綻びも見逃さない...

hanayaka na konrei shiawase na hanayome unmei no megami wa donna kyakuhon [SHINARIO] o konomu no ka...
    kyoshoku no konrei kieta hanayome hametsu no megami wa donna hokorobi mo minogasanai...

A brilliant wedding, a happy bride -- which scenario does the goddess of Fate prefer?
    An ostentatious wedding, a vanished bride -- the goddess of Destruction won't overlook any tear

嗚呼...燃えるように背中が熱い その男が伸ばした手の先には何かが刺さっていた
    嗚呼...緋く染まった手を見つめながら 仮面の男は緩やかに崩れ落ちてゆく...

aa... moeru you ni senaka ga atsui sono otoko ga nobashita te no saki ni wa nanika ga sasatte ita
    aa... akaku somatta te o mitsumenagara kamen no otoko wa yuruyaka ni kuzureochite yuku...

Ah... his back was hot as if it were burning; something was stuck into the place to which that man reached out his hand
    Ah... while looking at his red-stained hands, the man with the mask slowly crumbles...

嗚呼...その背後には娘が立っていた 凄まじい形相で地に臥せた男を凝視していた
    嗚呼...一歩後ずさり何か叫びながら 深まりゆく闇の彼方へ走り去ってゆく...

aa... sono haigo ni wa musume ga tatte ita susamajii gyousou de chi ni fuseta otoko o gyoushi shite ita
    aa... ippo atozusari nanika sakebinagara fukamariyuku yami no kanata e hashirisatte yuku

Ah... behind him, the girl was standing, staring at the man as he lay on the ground with a terrible expression
    Ah... taking a step back, she shouted something, and ran away into the deepening darkness

―――徐々に薄れゆく意識の水底で 錆び付いた鍵を掴もうと足掻き続ける
    扉は目の前にある 急がなければ もうすぐ もうすぐ約束した娘の―――

-- jojo ni usureyuku ishiki no minasoko de sabitsuita kagi o tsukamou to agakitsudzukeru
    tobira wa me no mae ni aru kyuuganakereba mou sugu mou sugu yakusoku shita musume no--

In the depths of the ocean of his fading consciousness, he kept struggling to grasp the rusted key
    The door was before his eyes; if he didn't hurry, soon, soon, the daughter he had promised --

* The stuff in red wasn't in the lyrics booklet, but I found someone's ear-transcription online. Considering I can't be 100% sure it's a correct transcription, I don't know if I should include it or not.
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 07-03-2009 at 10:05 AM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2009 07:57 PM
    Threads

Some hastily written comments:

> nani demo yatta
    nan demo yatta

>[otome]
    Possibly "o to me" > "男と女"

E.g. in オス猫・メス猫

> kizoku shugi
    > noble rule

Noble here could be misread to mean "good, just."
    How about aristocrat / aristocratic instead?

Perhaps rule could be "dogma" as well.

> unmei no yuugiban [BOODO] no ue de shihairyoku o motomete sei to shi wa ubaiatta

"Seeking the power to dominate on the game board of fate, they wrested from one another even lives and deaths."

> Life is laughing at a drastic mourning play -- ah, rather, a comedy...

I get the sense that the meaning here is that the nobles find life worth living only because they are able to control and warp the fates of other people. So to them, life is worth living because they are able to "laugh at a drastic mourning play -- ah, rather, a comedy"

> Without meeting his eyes even once, the Count said that... the bag full of gold coins hit the table

Just an English nitpick here, perhaps "The Count spoke without meeting his eyes even once." would flow better.

> いつも人間は何も知らない方が幸福

Perhaps "People are always happier knowing nothing"

Finally, I think the text in red should be kept, since it forms an integral part of the story.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

>Possibly "o to me" > "男と女"

Oh! Yeah, that probably is it. I can't believe it didn't occur to me -- well, I can, really, but it seems so obvious now.

And the rest of the suggestions are helpful as well; thank you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information