AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39 79 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Aiden Hayes
    Role: Vagrant
    Items: N/A

Aiden smiled up at her, "Thank you for the offer, miss. But my whole family's gone, so it's kinda impossible for them to get upset over muddy clothes."

He debated with himself whether to add exactly how they had 'gone', but decided against it.

"Come to think of it, I don't have the house keys! Aw man, I'm locked out!"

He slumped over, but when Philo playfully licked the blood off his cheek, his groan turned into a chuckle.

"You're right, boy! We'll come up with something. We've done it countless times before anyway, right?"

Aiden stood up and stretched, as if he had just woken up to a bright and sunny morning and a sleepless night is past behind him. Still, there was work to be done.

"Miss, I kinda have to go. Gotta take care of some people. We'll definitely see each other again soon. Please take care, and tell Mr. DeFoe I said 'Thank you for everything!' Bye!"

Aiden Hayes turned and ran off east, Philo barking happily by his side. A closer inspection would reveal that his light hair had turned a shade darker, and his brown eyes were now almost black. However, for the sake of our peace of mind, we must dismiss that as a shabby trick of our imagination.

(Aiden is ready for the Epilogues! Whoo!)

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

(OOC- We're so close. My heart is breaking a little bit. </3 ;u; Also, I don't remember who all ended up being beat up on the beach and also want to leave breathing room for others who want to jump in last minute for the epilogue.)

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy stood and smiled (despite her slight shock) as the small boy ran down the beach. She didn't know how, but she could feel the truth in his words. Then she turned back to the more pressing situation at hand. The beach was littered with the unmoving frames of several Guardians, most of them probably very injured. She gave a great sigh before running back to where she had stashed Piers. She gave him a big smile as she kneeled next to him. "Well, it's finally over, I guess. Time to get going!" she says, probably a bit too cheery but she can't help pushing herself to make up for all the terrible things that have been happening. She makes a move to scoop him up, but then remembers all the others scattered in the sand. After a second of thought, she made a sort of air blanket and helped him up into it. Theoretically, it would make getting everyone to the hospital a lot easier.

She made her way as quickly around the beach as she could. Some of the people seemed to be just barely hanging in there, and she was knew she was pressed for time. After she had gotten everyone securely settled in, she sort of... jetted herself as fast as she could to the hospital with a gust of wind. It was still in disarray after the explosion, but she found a doctor (who apparently knew about the Guardians) and started helping tending to people. She was in her element again, helping others, and she could feel the wild thing inside of her slowly being pushed back into it's dark corner. After checking over the others and making sure they were okay, she wandered over to where Piers was being treated. He was pretty heavily sedated by this point as the doctor worked at the stitches in his chest, but she took his hand anyway. "Looks like we made it," she whispered. They had made it, after all. They had made it.

(OOC- WOW lame ending. And sorry for taking so long with this.)
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

OOC: Sorry for the long break but I'm here to finish it

Everything happened so fast that Rod didn't have time to react to it all. He was forced to power down or he would've died from the strain.
    " I'm glad everything is over but I wish I could've done more to help." Rod said cursing himself, " I'm not strong enough to protect the ones who need it."

"It's ok, Rod, We did all we could and that's all that matters." Zen said appearing before Rod, " Let me heal your wounds for you."
    Zen quickly used his power to heal most of Rod's wounds and he quickly faded away back into Rod's mind.
    "I used all the power I had left to heal your wounds so I think I deserve a rest."

"Alright then, go ahead." Rod said walking towards the others, "Is everyone alright?"

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

OOC: And this arc has been snugly secured thanks to you diligent participants. Excellent job, all; your dedication is beyond noteworthy. We do have some in the other arc at Guardian HQ who are away, and I think at least one who is about 3 weeks from coming back, so I think we should see what happens with that arc relatively soon. Depending on how you want your characters’ epilogue to go, you may want to wait to see how that all pans out. If there are still any questions just voice them in the OOC thread and we’ll address them promptly. You guys are awesome, and this has been an amazing experience. Like Red said, it is indeed bittersweet.

Piers
    Role: Guardian
    Items: Torn jacket and radio (off) placed in the cabinet near the hospital bed

"Looks like we made it," she whispered.

Still not sure if he was dreaming or not, Piers opened his eyes and studied the face before him. Was it Landy? It certainly seemed to be, but his vision was hazy and his eyes were having a difficult time focusing. Slowly, ever so slowly, he began to recall some of the events on the beach. The wounded Guardians, the Retriever’s host, Goldmine’s death, Landy saving him and protecting him. All of it seemed to be ebbing in and out of his consciousness like the tide on Conifer Beach.

“Landy?” Piers whispered back. “Thank God. Oh, thank God.” Piers closed his eyes and seemed to be doing just that—thanking the Almighty. Opening his eyes slowly he looked around the room. Only Landy was present.

“Landy, you saved me…I can’t thank you enough. My life would have been forfeit without you…” Piers tried to smile, and sincerely hoped that it was obvious that he was doing so.

Throwing so many questions at Landy was a poor way to repay her for her astounding feats of bravery on Conifer Beach, but Piers feared the worst for the rest of those on the beach that fateful day. “Landy, you would probably know above anyone else, but what happened to Cerise? To Karn? Ace? The other boy…Rod, I think, was his name?”

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- St. Birch Hospital
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy gave a small smile as Piers seemed to wake up enough to talk to her. She gave his hand a small squeeze as he asked the one question she had been dreading. She had gotten them all here, after all, but she couldn't garuntee they would make it. There was a little pang in her heart as she thought of those who might have possibly lost their lives because of her. She felt guilt course through her veins as she tried to avoid his gaze. "I got everyone who looked banged up and brought them here. I'm not sure who all is here or what condition they're in, but I did what I could..." she trailed off, keeping her eyes downcast. She just prayed he was still too sedated to notice.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Rod stopped walking and looked out towards the ocean with mixed emotions about what had transpired in the past few days. He felt like he could've done more than he did but he would be satisfied with the outcome.
    "Are you alright Ace?" Rod said walking over to him, "How is Cerise doing?"

"I don't know." Ace said, "She looks fine but she hasn't woken up since this happened."

"She hasn't even moved at all during the entire time?" Rod said surprised at Ace's response, " Let's see if Piers knows something."

"Aye, let him take a look at one of my trusted crew mates." Ace said walking over to the others.

"Wait up!!!" Rod said running after him, "Piers, we have a problem!!"

Rod caught up with Ace and they met up with Piers and Landy at the same time.

"It's about Cerise, She hasn't woken up at all during the battle."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @The Rogue Devil : I’m going to assume that your characters are at St. Birch for the sake of brevity (discussing leaving the battlefield) as Piers is already there with Landy and the others, unless you want this to be a retro post, which is fine with me. Let me know what you think.

Piers

His vision was still hazy, but Piers could almost swear that Landy was upset. “Landy, you did exactly what we needed you to do, and more. I’m here, safe, because of you.” Piers wanted to sit up a bit, but was sure that the pain in his chest would not be worth it. “Don’t worry, okay?” Piers wanted to follow his own advice, but he remembered that both Cerise and Karn had been unconscious for much of the fight. Were they going to be okay?

He must have fallen asleep soon afterwards as the next thing he realized was that Rod and Ace were both in the room with them. “You’re both okay! Alright, two down…” Piers said, trying to sound as lighthearted as possible. “But what about Karn and Cerise?” Rod’s next words made it impossible for him to maintain any true degree of calmness, however.

"It's about Cerise, She hasn't woken up at all during the battle."

Piers closed his eyes. She had to pull out of this. She simply had to. He kept his eyes closed as he spoke, his voice wavering. “Can one of you get me her doctor?”

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- St. Birch
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy didn't want to part from Piers, but the two men had just shown up. There wasn't any way they would know who was looking after Cerise. Her heart sank. She should have been paying more attention to the woman who had helped save her life. She gave Piers' hand another squeeze as she mumbled a quick "be right back" before letting his hand go and sprinting from the room. She ran straight to where Cerise was being treated and ground to a halt when she saw the woman laying completely still on the white sheets, various machines hooked up to her. Landy's heart sank into the pit of her stomach and all she could do was stand and stare at the woman she didn't even know who had risked everything to save her life. She heard foot steps behind her and had to quickly wipe them away as she turned to see the doctor standing in the doorway, looking over a chart. With a quick explanation, she dragged him back to Piers' room. She didn't let herself think about that woman she was walking away from.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dr. Watson
    Role: NPC
    Items: Beeper. Other things doctors would have. (I dunno – Pills?)

A pretty young girl tugged on his arm and explained that a worried friend of his patient, who also happened to be a patient himself, wanted to see him about Miss Reid. He had rounds to run, but what the hell, it’ll just take a minute and it will help set their apprehensions to rest. He caught a glimpse of the door tag: Piers DeFoe, attended by Dr. Freeman. Oh, it's that one.

“Er… Hello. I'm Dr. Watson. You’re… Mr. Piers DeFoe, a friend of Miss Reid’s. Dr. Freeman was amazed that you survived, with that huge puncture wound in your abdomen. Quite frankly, me too. But here you are, talking to me. Actually, you and your friends have already become something like a living legend throughout St. Birch.”

Two more men were in the room: one who looked like a pirate and another young person with light hair and dark clothes. Odd bunch. Did an accident happen in some cosplaying event?

“This young lady said you all wanted to know how Miss Reid is doing? Er… she’s fine, really. More than fine. Nothing’s physically wrong with her. I was told she just fainted, so we have her up on an IV. That should help. Just waiting for her to wake up, which could be at any moment. Say, uh… are you all cosplayers? You all look rather… impressive.” His pager beeped. “Hold on-”

Dr. Watson's eyes widened in alarm, “Excuse me.”

He turned and rushed out of the room.

Cerise
    Role: Blank

(Eyes snap open)

BRIGHT LIGHT-

SCREAM!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA –

PAIN.SHARP.SHRILL.SCREECH.SHRIEK.

("Stop her! Shoot her!")

THRASH.THROW.TWIST.

(White body flies in air)

-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH –

WRITHE.WRENCH.WREST.

(Tear off IV)

FLAIL.FLING.

(Gash in flesh)

BLEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!

-HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

(Fall out of bed onto floor.)

RISE. RUN. RUN!

(Stagger into hallway.)

BOLT. FLEE. GALLOP. CHARGE. FLY.

Fly?

Winds. Winds! Where? WHERE?!

(gone. Gone? lost. no where. no more. dead. dead? DEAD?!)

CRY!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 06-01-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

Piers closed his eyes again as Landy left to get the doctor. Right now, without Landy, Piers would have nothing but confusion to guide his thoughts. It seemed that the Almighty always left a remnant of hope in even the darkest spots of life, and Piers was thankful.

He was a bit less than thankful for the doctor’s diagnosis of Cerise’s ailment, however. Of course it only looked like she had fainted—it had appeared that way to everyone on the battlefield. But would she snap out of it?

The doctor’s question went unanswered as Piers bit his lip and wondered how Cerise might be doing. He was relieved that there was no obvious trauma in her brain or vital organs, but he wasn’t satisfied by hearing that she just appeared to have fainted. A scream soon broke his thoughts, and he was sure from the very onset that it was Cerise.

“That’s Cerise! She’s screaming—where is she?!” Piers did sit up this time, only to be greeted with a blast of pain. Still, it seemed he might be able to move if he tried hard enough. “Cerise!” he cried out, not able to see her from his room and not sure if she could even hear him.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(@Cross Avantgarde : Btw, on which floor is Piers' room?)

Cerise
    Role: Blank

WHERE? Where's the wind? THE WIND?!

RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN-("HEY!WAIT!STOP!")PUSH("UGH!OW!")

Don't leave me don't leave me please don't leave me

“Cerise!”

There right there the wind is there!

FLING (door opens)

NO NOT HERE NOTHING but I heard it I HEARD THE WIND the wind the window window(?)

WINDOW!

GRAB. FLING. CRASH. SMASH.

(window shatters)

JUMP-

(flying?)

no,

f (the
    wi
    nd
    wi
    ll
    sa
    ve
    me)
    all
    i
    n
    g

(darkness)
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 06-10-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Solsaiden Hel : If I had my way, it’d be on the first so that Cerise couldn’t be harmed! But again, I am ever inclined to ask you to make that call as it will have a lot to do with Cerise’s fate. Here’s hoping for a very short and incident-free fall.

Piers

A crash—a loud crash. Piers was certain that it was a broken window, though he could only hope the window did not lead to the outside. His first reaction was to jet out of his bed, and he started to do just that before another wave of pain stalled him and gave him enough pause to realize that he had IVs in both arms.

He felt himself going frantic as he realized that Cerise might be hurt, or worse. Looking around at the others in the room he pleaded with his eyes for someone to go to Cerise before he was finally able to stammer out, “Someone—p, please, is she okay? I heard a crash, a crash out there…!”

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Aiden

A small circle of onlookers curiously watched the paramedics take Miss Cerise Reid away on a stretcher. Hopefully she was alive, if not barely.

Aiden fell back to lose himself amongst the crowd. He had hoped to come here without drawing attention. Yet it was so like Miss Cerise Reid to fly out the window unannounced. He had jumped out of the way just in time.

Aiden found the hospital doors. He slid past them, blending in the multitude. He had been here many times before.

"Hello, Miss Jean." He greeted one of the receptionists, "I'm looking for..."

He closed his eyes and a picture flashed across his vision.

"...Amber? I guess that's too common a name with no surname.

Arrow, Augustine? No?

DeFoe, Piers? Room which one again? I see, thank you! I have a few more names.

Duo? Haha, I guess not.

Hanayume, Rio?

Harue?

Ichinose, Kotomi?

Ikazuchi? No, I'm not a fan of Japan.

Karn? Oh! Where? Great, thanks! He hasn't regained consciousness? I can't visit him then.

How about Kuriko, Kazi?

Reid, Cer- oh, sorry, not that one.

Rose, Allen?

Ryozen, Kai? Nuh-uh?

Salucci, Seda?

Whitefang, Ace? He's with Mr. DeFoe? So that means he was on the beach. Huh? Oh, nothing, just talking aloud to myself.

Finally, Zahn, Yorick? No? Alright, miss. Thank you!"

He hadn't imagined it. Something had happened at the moment she almost hit the ground, as if a puff of air softened her collision.

Question is, does she still have her Nightmare, or did he have it?

Aiden reached the room. He took a deep breath.

Guardians were awesome, fearsome, and terrifying. Yet, they were kind, protective, and many of them have a great desire to serve. And they existed behind this very door.

He lifted a hand before him, sore and scarred from his encounter with Loki, and rapped on the wood.

"Hello?"

It swung open slightly its own, as if someone had broken it off its hinges somewhat. Aiden had a feeling who it was. Despite that, he dared not enter and intrude on their privacy.

"Um... hi Guardians!"

What was he to do? Smile? Grin? He fidgeted. He didn't want to look nervous before them.

"I'm a Vagrant. Could you, uh... help me become a Guardian?"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 06-16-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Landy had stood there, too shocked to move, until Piers' pleading eyes met her, begging her to go check on Cerise. Her heart hammered in her chest as she turned and ran out of the room, tripping and stumbling as she madly tried to remember the route to the other woman's room. She burst inside with just enough time to see her falling from the hole in the window where she had busted through it. She leapt to the window, looking out to see Cerise falling to the ground several stories below. Without even thinking, she flung her hand out as if to catch her, despite the fact that she was already well out of arms reach.

Her eyes seemed to glow as a mysterious puff of wind formed under the woman, cushioning her fall to the ground just enough for her land softly cement below. She heaved a huge sigh of relief, sagging against the window pane before quickly retreating into the recesses of the room before people began to look up. She slid down the wall next to the window, her knees shaking too much to hold her up. What was going on? Why had Miss Cerise jumped out of a window? She stood up slowly, making sure to stay out of the sight line through the window, and made her way back to Piers' room as fast as she would. "Piers, Miss Cerise jumped out of a window!" she said loudly as she burst through the door, almost tripping over a little boy standing right inside the room. As she looked down at him, she recognized him as the little boy from the beach. "Oh hey. It's you," she said softly as she stared down into his face.

(OOC- I sure hope I didn't mess anything up. ^^")

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

"Piers, Miss Cerise jumped out of a window!" she said loudly as she burst through the door, almost tripping over a little boy standing right inside the room. As she looked down at him, she recognized him as the little boy from the beach. "Oh hey. It's you," she said softly as she stared down into his face.

About to react in a mixture of panic and shock, Piers looked down to where Landy’s attention was drawn. It was the boy from the beach who had seemingly come out of nowhere and tamed the Retriever.

"Um... hi Guardians!"

What was he to do? Smile? Grin? He fidgeted. He didn't want to look nervous before them.

"I'm a Vagrant. Could you, uh... help me become a Guardian?"

Confusion added itself to the mixture of emotions Piers was feeling. There was an equal amount of confusion in the halls of the hospital where talk of the woman who had jumped out of the window was buzzing. From what he heard, Cerise was currently being tended to, though Piers was unsure where this was occurring. The important part is that he did not hear a word about the fall being fatal. He closed his eyes, prayed, and then remembered that losing it in front of the boy and the people in the room probably wouldn’t be the best idea at the moment. He tried to place it in the back of his mind and though the method was largely unsuccessful, he still managed to talk to Aiden.

“Well, this…is a bit of a non-textbook case of a Vagrant coming to us, and…tell me, where did you learn that word?” It seemed a good place to start, if there was one, for a boy who knew much more than he should of the Guardians.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(@Red&Stiletto : I'm playing this extemporaneously. So if you tickle or kick or defenestrate or pat Aiden or Cerise on the head it will not ruin any plans I actually do not have whatsoever. )

Aiden

"Oh hey. It's you,"

Aiden blushed. Miss Landy had lovely eyes. He thought he would cower before the Vortex, but that anxiety had fizzed away and been replaced by a certain shyness.

He thrust out his hand to shake hers, a little more stiffly than he had intended.

"Hi!" His voice almost squeaked. Almost. "I'm Aiden Hayes. N-nice to meet you, miss!"

"Well, this... is a bit of a non-textbook case of a Vagrant coming to us, and... tell me, where did you learn that word?"

"It's... hard to explain," he smiled sheepishly, "You could say I heard it from a Nightmare, who learned it from..."

How does one describe Loki? Psycho? Evil? Genius? Evil psycho stinking rich genius Nightmare villain with a determination to live forever?

"... another Nightmare. I've only been a Vagrant for a few hours so all of this is extremely new to me. But I know it's difficult to trust someone who just came out of the blue, so I'll be open and honest with anything you ask me! I'll answer as best as I can! Er... honestly, I don't understand much of it myself so... forgive me if my answers come up short. Ehehe..."

Way to go and ruin your first impression Aiden Hayes. He glared at his toes.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 06-22-2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Something bothered me

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC- Okay. That makes me feel better. :3)

Location- St. Birch
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy couldn't hide her surprised confusion as she leaned down, took the boys hand and gave it a gentle shake. "Hello, Aiden. I'm Landy," she said. The blush that lit across his cheeks was just too adorable and her worries about Miss Cerise were pushed out of the forfront of her mind as she studied his young face. She straightened up as he began explain himself. She didn't quite know what to say. It was like he knew more about all the Nightmare business than she did. The seriousness that tinged his face was so heavy as he spoke, though, and she could barely keep herself from sweeping him up in a big hug. As he finished speaking, she let her eyes fall to Piers and silently asked him which situation they should deal with first. She couldn't be sure (as she was still panicing) which one was more important at the moment.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: Wow, very late here...I beg your forgiveness, all. I’m back and ready, I assure you.

Piers

Learned it from a nightmare? The kid had subdued the Retriever on the beach, so Piers should have hardly been surprised at any additional exceptionalities from the boy. Still, what exactly did he mean?

Sensing from Landy’s look that she was probably wondering what to do next—just as he himself was—he came to a sudden decision. If Cerise wasn’t okay—a thought he hardly wanted to entertain—Landy would handle it better than himself. That uneasy thought prompted his next words.

“Landy, can you find out what’s going with Cerise?” Saying it that way, in the vaguest way possible, took the sting out of his suspicion that she might be badly hurt. “I’ll see what information I can get from our intelligent new arrival here.”

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- St Birch
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Piers didn't even skip a beat. He knew immediately what she was thinking. The corner of her mouth twitched up for just a second before she quickly ruffled Aiden's hair, turned, and ran back the way she had come. Only one of the elevators was working in the hospital, so she bypassed it completely, skipping down the stairs two at a time as her heavy platform boots smacked the tile and cement patchwork that was the stairwell. It wasn't even a minute until she was trotting outside to where some orderlies were carefully loading Cerise unto a stretcher. She wasn't sure what had happened since she saw the woman throw herself out of the window but she seemed fairly calm now, if possibly not by her own volition. She stayed back a few feet, unsure how to react to the situation. She didn't want to be questioned as to her relation to Cerise, because she really didn't know what she would say. She watched as they began carting her back to the hospital. She followed along behind, tracking them through the hospitals as she tried to catch a glimpse of the possibly unconcious woman to see if she was all right.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Forgive the length. It's been Day for far too long, don't you think? If you'd rather keep it Day, just tell me and I can edit it.
    @Red&Stiletto , you could assume you've checked on Cerise and found that she was fine.)

Charlie Reid
    Role: NPC (Feral Watcher)

Contorted faces and flailing arms flashed before his sight. A dozen ambulances wailed outside the hospital, screaming for paramedics and patients. Chairs and tables fell with resounding clangs as people pushed and shoved their way to the exit. The crying of the names of lost loved ones made him want to stop his ears with his palms. The scent of flowers mingled with distasteful medicine, but Charlie Reid had already forgotten he was holding a bouquet of wild geraniums in one hand.

A roar like a wrathful tornado sent a shiver up his spine. Charlie swung around sharply towards the sound. It sounded like Cirocco. Swallowing bitter bile, he broke into a sprint. Petals broke off the bouquet one by one, leaving a red trail behind him.

Charlie gasped for air. The closer he got, the more furious the winds and ashes howled. A bottle of an unknown chemical exploded a meter away from him. He shielded his face from flying debris, slowing down as if he was waist-deep in mud.

Then he saw her, a skeleton in a tattered hospital gown, riding a bone horse like a Horseman of the Apocalypse. He had seen his sister sync fully only once before, one evening on a blood-drenched battlefield that cost dozens of lives. Grey ashes tangled in her fluttering white hair. Her teeth never seemed to stop grinning at some macabre joke. Despite her empty eye sockets, he could feel she was looking at him. Her ride impatiently pawed the marble floor of the Intensive Care surgery room. Its eyes blazed like windows to the soul of an inferno. Heat burst out of its mouth like a hellish beast. The skeleton horse stumbled against rolling tables and stretchers because the room was too small. A hole broke in the ceiling when it threw its skull back. Its bones only seemed to grow larger even if it was continuously shedding ashes.

"Cerise! Cerise, it's me, Charlie!"

The skeleton woman's shriek and the horse’s roar cried as one, piercing in his ears. Cirocco reared on its hind legs, front hooves high above him. Frozen in place, Charlie yelped in surprise and instinctively threw his arms over his head.

"Move! You'll get hurt!"

Someone threw Charlie aside. He yelped in pain as his back crashed with the wall.

A boy stood before him, a shield between Charlie and the hellish beast. Ashes and debris shaded his disheveled hair into a dark gray. Dried blood stained the front and the back of his shirt as if he had just come fresh from another fight. Snarling next to him was a canine beast as tall as Cirocco and as black as Hades' Cerberus. The very ground vibrated with its deep unearthly growls.

Cerise's bouquet lay squashed in the middle of a crater in the marble floor, where Charlie had been only moments before.

The boy pointed at his sister, "Philo, kill her!"

The world stopped. Kill-?

The dog’s powerful hind legs pushed off the ground. It leapt as light as a feather on the reception table. In a sudden flash like black lightning, the demon dog tackled the rider to the marble floor. The skeleton woman screeched. Cirocco dissipated in a burst of ashes.

"NO!" Charlie scrambled to his feet and grabbed at the dog's midsection. He pulled until his whole body strained. "NO! NO! That's my sister! Don't hurt her! Let her go!"

The boy commanded calmly, "Philo, shift target and subdue."

It all happened too quickly. The dog slowly turned its beastly eyes towards Charlie. The next thing he knew, its heavy weight pinned him down and he could feel the beast's growls reverberating in its belly. He fought to push it off until he yelled with the effort, but the beast only bared its sharp teeth in warning.

Charlie had the misfortune of choosing to turn his head towards his sister, just in time to see the boy plunge something sharp at the back of her skull.

Her brother screamed. NO! No, it can't be real! This can't be happening!

Suddenly a gun materialized in his hands. Without thinking of how he had gotten it, Charlie fired a shot into the demon dog’s stomach. The dog yelped and tumbled off of him. It disappeared in a short burst of dust. Cerise’ murderer too gave a cry of surprise. He grabbed for his abdomen as if he was shot too, but no blood came out.

Dazed and gasping for breathe, Charlie aimed at the dog's Host. The gun was so old-fashioned that it could have belonged to their grandfather.

"Who are you?!" Cerise’s brother demanded, his voice oddly high-pitched in his ears, "Why'd you kill her?! WHO ARE YOU?!"

The boy blinked, as if trying hard to focus on Charlie.

"I'm... a Guardian in training..." He breathed, "I protect... and defend... the innocent"

"SHUT UP, LIAR!" Tears streamed down his cheeks, "Cerise was a Guardian! The best Guardian there ever was!"

"I know." Her murderer replied bitterly.

"So why?! Why'd you kill her?!"

"Because... it would... have hurt people..."

"She would never do that!"

"It would have killed you."

"No! No, it- she would never! Don't call her 'it'! She's my sister!"

"Look at it." The boy pointed, "Really, really, look at it. If that is still your sister, then tell me why would someone who loves you try to kill you?"

Charlie slowly raised his eyes at the inhuman being. It was a corpse in every sense of the word. But she was Cerise. Even though she synced beyond human recognition, to the point she turned into a monster worthy of nightmares, her brother would know her anywhere. So why did Cirocco try to kill him?

Suddenly, her murderer began stepping towards him.

"Don't! Get away from me!"

The boy continued, slowly closing the distance between them. Not once did he break contact with Charlie. Her brother’s hands held the life of her murderer as he gripped the gun and pointed it straight at him. By all means, she deserved this. But his aim trembled and Charlie could not tear himself from the boy’s gaze.

The boy stopped when the barrel touched his chest right above his heart. He spoke softly.

"My name is Aiden Hayes. If you believe I have not done my duty, shoot me."

Charlie looked into Aiden's eyes, straight into his soul, and he could not bring himself to pull the trigger. Charlie's mind went blank. His heart raced. His fingers trembled. His legs wanted to give way.

He croaked in a voice as broken as he felt inside.

"Why...?"

The boy was silent for a while, yet his eyes told a thousand sad words.

"... I had to." The boy averted his gaze, "I'm so sorry."

But Cerise’s killer does not deserve to be forgiven. Charlie gave a cry that took Aiden aback. His gun blast rang like thunderous death toll through the hospital halls. Aiden did not even try defend himself and he fell on the ground with a thud. Bleeding, he chose not to get up, to remain where he was.

Charlie dropped the gun. It dissipated into thin air just as Cirocco and the dog had done. Cerise’s brother ran to her side. Charlie pulled her body close to his and cried. Soft flesh returned to her bones. Her white hair began to turn auburn, back to the color of the apples they shared together. The skeleton woman was Cerise again. Beautiful, lovely Cerise, coming back to life. And for an insane moment, Charlie would have believed it. Until he cradled her head and her blood smeared all over his left hand. He took her pulse - elevated. Her chest took small and quick gasps, in the way the body of the dying would fight to the last. Her skin still felt warm, but her green eyes saw beyond him, into eternity.

"You can't leave me, Cerise." Teardrops fell onto her cheeks, as if she too was crying. "You just can't. You can’t leave me. I need you. I love you. What will I do without you? Please, please don't go. Don't go... don't go..."

His frantic words died into sobs. His tears came freely. The world ended. Tomorrows are nothing without Cerise. How could the world keep going? It couldn't. It just couldn't. Don't go. Please stay with me. He will not - could not - let go. Or she would be... she would be lost... No. No, please don't go.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 08-05-2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: I decided to kill them both. Sorry, hope it doesn't throw anyone off.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: If there’s some other way for Cerise to make it, let it be. Nevertheless, this is Sols’s character, not mine, so may Sols’s will be done. (I’m going to assume this took place in a room in the hospital, with the exploding bottle as a note—if I’m wrong, I’ll gladly correct it).

Piers

Commotion. The sound of people running and screaming. A man’s desperate voice. The boy’s defiant and committed voice.

He had to get a look.

Fortunately he hadn’t heard Landy scream, so he believed she was ok. His wound was on his chest, and though every movement made the pain flair up he could still walk. It was getting out of the bed that was the hardest part of all. When he had finally made it to his feet, he carefully took his IV bag with him, rolling it along on its stand. He would be more free and mobile without it, but couldn’t waste the time removing the needles from his veins.

Slowly, painfully, he walked to the source of the commotion which had now died down to a lone sound of distress and sorrow from one male voice. Looking around, it seemed most of the people had run out of the area. Piers wondered why he hadn’t seen Landy yet, but perhaps she was at the scene as well. That worried him, but since he hadn’t heard her voice in any kind of distress it seemed that she was fine. It took more than a little time to get there, but Piers was just outside the room when he saw enough of what he needed to see.

Charlie, he didn’t know. But the one he wept over he knew all too well, and could recognize her even amongst the clear differences in her appearance.

“Wha—what? What is…”

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Edited my previous post, sorry for any confusion caused.)

Aiden Hayes

Aiden shivered.

And that was when Aiden realized he was no longer home, and he would never be.

For as long as he could, he tried to keep his consciousness on the boy holding his sister in his arms. Someone... someone should be able to help them... His blood felt warm in his hands, but it was her blood, and that of so many others, that burned his palms.

Aiden was in that moment of unconsciousness between sleeping and closing his eyes. He remembered the people Theo met and feared, and the people he, Aiden, met: from Miss Viera, to lady Landy, to the Guardians he thought for a happy moment he could have been comrades with. Just a few days ago he was waking up on the warm beach, blissfully ignorant of all the Nightmares. Now, he lay dying on the cold hospital floor, knowing everything, and in the end, gained nothing.

That's not true. He defeated his Nightmare, and he became his strength and shield. He gained a brother, a friend.

As his vision darkened and his strength weakened, he found it odd, so odd, that when he expected he would be terrified at this point, he felt such strange peace and happiness he did not know was within him. He looked down on the valley of shadows before him, one he would never get out of, and Aiden knew he could walk through it with will, without fear. Deep within him, something, the memory of loving and being loved perhaps, allowed him to know he can stop trying and fighting so hard, and that things do not have to get better. He could let things just be, and move on.

Aiden thought he knew the final beating of his heart, or of wings, then he let go and knew no more.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 08-05-2012 at 05:41 AM. Reason: I put a message in the OOC, check it out if you wish.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: I AM SO INCREDIBLY SORRY. School started and I got a job. This is the first time I've really been able to get on the internet in forever. Are we still going??)

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: Don’t sweat it Red, just glad you’re here now. We’re still going as an RPG, though our own arc is closing and we can figure out the epilogues for our characters. The one loose arc is the one with Jace, Shobu’s characters, Yorick, and Chinatsu at Guardian HQ. When that is finished, nothing will be left to do but everyone’s epilogues for their respective characters.

For the intents of this post I’m going to assume that Landy’s not in the room with the now deceased Aiden and Cerise. If you want to change that, Red, I can go back and edit this post, no problem. Still hoping that Sols will chide me for misreading the post and that Cerise and Aiden are still alive.

Piers
    Items: Torn jacket and radio (off)

He couldn’t remember if he had screamed when he saw Aiden fall or not. There was much he couldn’t remember. But slowly he was starting to realize that the unknown man, Charlie, was someone who cared for Cerise. And another realization was occurring as well: they were both gone. Aiden and Cerise.

Gone.

He would have made sure that the man wasn’t capable of hurting anyone else, but it was clear that he had no intention to as he mourned over Cerise. Who was he? That question was not entertained for too much time in Piers’s mind. It was instead pushed aside by the pain that was beginning to take over his being.

The police would be here soon, no doubt. Nothing could be done. A woman he loved and an innocent child were dead, and he was powerless to do anything about it. He would have held Cerise if Charlie hadn’t been doing so instead. He would have held Aiden if he wouldn’t have left the scene so quickly, dazed by what he’d seen. He merely walked back to his room, saw Landy standing just outside the room, and shook his head.

“Don’t go over there, Landy. It’s worse than any nightmare.” And then the weeping began.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: Landy was wondering around looking for Cerise in the last post, so I'll just time skip that she wandered back to Piers' room)

Role: Vortex

Landy had been fruitless in her search and had wandered back to Piers' room. When she saw he wasn't there, her heart dropped in her chest. Immediately worried, she turned to go hunt him down, only to see him turn to corner back towards his room. And then he was crying. Unsure of what had happened or what was okay for her to do in this situation, she awkwardly moved forward and wrapped an arm around his shoulders and leading him back into his room. As quickly and gently as she could, she slid him back into his bed and covered him with she sheets before hopping up on his bed herself and wrapping her arms around him again.

"Piers, what happened? Why are you crying?" she asked softly, stroking his hair. She had never seen him cry before, and it worried her a bit. What could have moved him to tears like this? The shock and sadness on his face only made her heart sink a little more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information