AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 76 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy cocked her head to the side and looked down at the wolf creature. Her face remained placid as she stared straight into it's eyes. "I don't see why I should help you after you severly injured the lady that was so kind to save me. Maybe I should just return your actions to you ten fold," she said. Her voice was calm and almost aloof as she stared down the dog. She gave a glance over to Cerise, who was writhing in the sand just a few feet away. Her expression didn't change, but her eyes seemed to linger a bit. She would have to figure out how to help her in a moment. First she needed to deal with the cause of her pain.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

@Cross Avantgarde : Nice one! Just like Cloud in Advent Children.
    (OOC: Please forgive the length. Also, if something did not make sense, feel free to send me a PM and I'll gladly explain.)

Cerise/ Cirocco
    Role: Guardian
    Items: N/A

Theo
    Role: Feral

Cerise, get up! Get up!

Looks like the adrenalin wore out. Cirocco lent her all the strength he had, and their synching healed her broken arm somewhat. She tried to stand, but the pain and exhaustion of her few days' stay in this accursed, god-forsaken, Nightmare-infested town had worn out both of them to their bones. She faltered and fell.

Cerise, he's getting to the girl! Stop him!

When Theo saw the opportunity to rid the world of just one more Guardian, he felt a thrill in his stomach. He quickly calculated the chances of success and found the odds to his favor.

"Of course this Guardian rat would save you." He gave her an empty smile, "To them, you are a valuable weapon, Lady Vortex. Think of all the Nightmares you could destroy for them. Then what? They'll study you for the rest of your life to make more copies of you. Allow me to be of service."

Theo's face had the hungry and insane grin of a Cheshire cat. He did not notice that Jitters had come too close to Aiden, and that he should be fighting to protect his Human now. His body once again turned into half shadow, and in the blink of an eye his right arm dove for the Guardian.

Cerise cried out in pain. The Nightmare had amazing strength - it felt like a building had fallen on top of her. Sprawled on the ground and gasping for breath, she glared at the Nightmare in the way a rebellious prisoner looks up at his executioner. Never would she let anyone defeat her spirit.

Cirocco materialized. The ashes his cracked and brittle bones exuded had grown in volume. The agony returned to Cerise's arm and her limbs felt like heavy logs she could not lift. She screamed for him to return.

NO DON'T!

Cirocco stood on his hind legs and pawed at the air, like a charging knight's horse. He gathered some winds, since he could no longer control all of them, and his front legs lunged towards Theo.

Get away you freak mutt!

Theo met the attack using one leg, the shadows helped deliver enough strength to match Cirocco's. With a blast, both winds and shadows canceled each other out and dissipated. It blew both Nightmares backwards.

But Theo used the momentum of his kick and the explosion to pivot around his foot. Knowing he could succeed, he mustered a rather immense amount of strength - enough to crush a war tank. A swift fist covered in shadows like a dark and dusty comet landed at Cirocco's exposed belly of bones. Theo howled in glee when the attack sent the skeleton horse flying across the sand.

In mid-air, Cirocco burst into ashes.

Something in Cerise's mind snapped.

Her expression turned blank. Her eyes gazed far away towards nothing. As the leftover ashes of Cerise's Nightmare fell and danced around her, a whisper that sounded like a whinny in the distance echoed in her head.

Forgive me, Cerise. Please forgive and forget me.

Her vision darkened and her head fell softly onto the sand. The ashes enveloped her for a longer while, as if to safeguard her one last time, before disintegrating up into the air over the ocean.

(OOC: Yes. Cirocco died.)

Aiden/ Theo

Explosions, shouts, and screams erupted all around them. But all Aiden saw were the eyes of the man who was not a man - who bore deep down into his gaze and seemed to look deep within him.

What was he afraid of?

Things that bark and things that go woof. Things with sharp teeth and claws, and things that could pounce on top of you. Things that could tear you apart with their powerful jaws. Rabid, vicious, ravenous things.

Then he saw Theodore, not Theo, smiling warmly and extending his arms for him. His teeth seemed canine, and his black hooded jacket seemed more like a thin blanket of fur. Black Labradors with soulless red eyes surrounded them, all watching him. His brother regarded Aiden hungrily, like a starved wolf eyeing a lamb.

Aiden, I’ve miss you. Where have you been? I’ve waited for you for so long.

His brother enveloped him in a tight hug, whispering.

I love you. I want you. I’m so hungry for you.

Theodore dug his claws into Aiden. His jaws clamped into Aiden’s shoulder. The boy screamed. He heard Theodore's giggle as he found Aiden’s blood sweet. His brother spoke lovingly into his ear as he tore apart his clothes, his chest, his arms, and his legs.

Be with me forever. Give me everything that you are.

He unraveled his body. He dug deep to eat his insides. He entered into him, destroying him from within, dismantling everything that he was to be whole with him.

In the dark room of his memories, a teenager who was the splitting image of Theodore emerged from Aiden’s body, howling angrily as the large knife that was his arm pierced his brother’s heart.

Aiden screamed once more as the memories flooded back.

“I know you!” He suddenly shouted at Theo across the sands, “You killed Theodore!”

At that moment, Theo realized he had lost. He whirled around and bounded on all fours towards Jitters. With a roar, his leg was like a dark and dusty comet as he sent it crashing towards Piers' Nightmare.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-11-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: You know you're just offline, then you remember "oh I should have written this and that for the post!" Then you're here again

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

OOc: Long post but I had to catch up. If there is anything wrong pm me

Role: Vagrant

Things had gotten from bad to extremely horrid in a matter of seconds. First a random boy appears and say the nightmare is his brother, then the nightmare takes a girl hostage and now Cerise's nightmare had been destroyed. His carelessness had caused pain for him and made him remember being alone.

" I'm sorry things had to come to this." Rod said to himself as his anger began to grow, " I said I'll be your opponent and I meant it!"

Rod's dark energy began to spread around him and caused his body to turn jet black with blood thirst poisoning the air. his anger towards what the nightmare had caused him to use his fears to the limit. His body was jet black with pulsating green swirls covering his entire body.

" Jigoku no Pasu(Path of Hell), released." Rod said as he he quickly moved to attack the Retriever, " I'll pay you back ten fold for what you've done!"

Ace began to realize the situation was dire but with him using most of his power to heal Karn and Piers, there wasn't much he could do.

" Aye, Roddy has finally become a man worthy of my crew." Ace said as he formed to water bullets with his fingertips, " I don' need ya dead mate, so this one is on the house."

Ace fired the two bullets in the hopes of distracting the nightmare so Rod could finish it.

" Zen, I need you to check on Cerise's condition."

Zen hurriedly moved to Cerise's aid and saw she was out cold and her condition seemed to worsen due to the loss of her nightmare. Zen channeled his energy and attempted to heal most of her injuries as he could with his recently acquired power.

" Tengoku no Pasu(Path of Heaven), heal!" Zen said as his body began to give off the same warmth as before. His fur became a light color with pulsating silver swirls covering his body. He began to heal her wounds but to no avail he could only heal certain injuries.

" Ace, I need you to heal her completely if you can."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

OOC: Oh thank goodness this is still going! I thought I would miss out on the ending. ^_^ Hello everyone, I'm back! Hope this post will suffice. I'll post for Mama later. I wanna make her a bit more useful, plus I like Belone.

Alanna
    Items: Backpack with inhaler and money

Alanna looked up soon enough to see the one called Thanatos leave the girl he was speaking to by rooftop-bounding. Still clutching her chest, she stumbled to the fence to her backyard. There was no way she was letting that bastard get away with Jace again. Despite having met Mama and the kids, with her parents dead, she would stop at nothing to get Jace back. She may be risking her life, but that was the last concern on her mind. If she were to die in the process, then so be it. But she would rather die than live knowing that she stood on the sidelines as the one she loved was being corrupted and possibly killed.

Alanna paused for a moment as she mounted her bike, her attack having finally died down. Love? She thought. Did she love Jace? She wouldn't know. The only people she's ever loved were her parents, but she knew that was a different case all together. Then as quickly as it came, her moment of hesitation passed. She didn't have time to ponder such things. If she loved Jace, she'd find out for sure once she saw him again. If she saw him again, that is. No, she had to see him again. But how could she, a girl with asthma and a horrible nurse inside of her, possibly stop something as horrible as Thanatos if even Jace couldn't? Regardless, she had to do something.

"Alanna..." Yuuko's voice echoed in her mind, but she ignored it, took a long drag of her inhaler and peddled even harder. She saw a figure hopping rooftops, but she wasn't sure if it was the girl or Thanatos. "Come now Alanna, you finally know of me and you won't let me out to help?" her voice almost sounded truly disappointed.

"Yeah, why don't I let my parents' murderer out of my head to help someone else that I care about? Gee, why didn't I think about that?" Alanna replied, acid dripping from every word she spoke. Her patience was wearing thin with this creature. She could feel its dark desires trying to overcome her. It was a sickening feeling--all these horrible temptations that were flowing in and out of her. She has never felt blood-lust and hunger for... She didn't want to think about it. Her stomach was already churning.

"Alanna," she began to whisper, "I can help you. I'll help you kill he who took Jace from you, take vengeance."

"Shut up." Alanna hissed. She felt the nightmare retreat from her conscience. Then it dawned on her: she could control this thing. It all depended on her will. Before, she wanted to destroy it, but if she could use it to her advantage, she could keep it from harming anyone else and maybe it really could assist her in rescuing Jace. But how?

Finally, Alanna spotted Thanatos again after quite a ride. He disappeared into the building that she and Mama were taken to earlier. Alanna suddenly panicked. Mama was in that place! Who knows what he could do to her! Alanna nearly leaped off her bike and ran to follow him inside. She barged in through the doors only have a strange flurry of butterflies rush at her. She threw up her arms to shield her face.

She didn't feel anything after that. She blinked in confusion and brought her arms down to find that she was in some sort of strange hallway. A roar of cheers erupted from the other side of the wall. Where in the world was she?

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

OOC: @~Shobu~ : The timing couldn’t have been better; glad to have you back!

Piers

As he stirred out of unconsciousness, Piers began to open his eyes. It felt as if he were surrounded by something as fluent as water but nevertheless firm. As he began to move, he felt as if the pain from his previous wounds was almost nonexistent. What had happened?

Squirming as hard as he could, he finally felt sand under him. Breaching the surface of whatever had been holding him with his head, he reached forward with his arms to further free himself. His legs came next, albeit slowly. Kneeling in absolute confusion on the beach, he looked around at a sight that simultaneously confused and frightened him. In fact, the only thing he had time to realize was that he had just been within Titan, Ace’s nightmare.

“What...I...?” was all he managed to say at first.

Jitters

Further down the beach, Jitters noticed movement. Piers, his host, was again conscious, and this was the first time Jitters had seen Piers awake since manifesting himself. For the first time, Jitters felt dual thoughts strongly arising within himself as the minds of Jigsaw and Skitters both recognized Piers. The feelings were ambivalent, but enough to stall Jitters from his interaction with Aiden.

Yorick
    Location: Guardian HQ (affected by Thanatos’s illusion, currently in the form of an arena).

Chinatsu! I’ve got to find Chinatsu!

Anxiety and confusion swept through Yorick as he ran closer to the middle of what appeared to be an arena. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a distant figure that looked vaguely familiar entering the arena as well. He could tell it was a woman, and she had a familiar face, but nothing else was recognizable at the moment.

None of this is right...none of this is...real?
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 02-17-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Welcome back, Shobu! Where exactly IS Alanna?
    Rogue, your post is fine. I had a spontaneous whim to turn 'Six Paths of Hell' into red font, to emphasize the amount of pain it delivers, lol. Hope you don't mind.)

Theo / Aiden

The attack Rod sent to him blocked the kick Theo had meant for Jitters.

For a brief moment, he felt the torment of
    Six Paths of Hell torturing his body, but Theo immediately diverted the damage to Aiden. Without the hindrance of pain, he had the freedom to move quickly. Theo landed on all fours like a cat, then he took off from the ground towards Rod. His left forearm turned into a long knife, the kind that Assassins use. When he was close enough, he swung his knife-arm at Rod's neck.

The burst of pain jolted him out of the reverie. Aiden yelled and hugged his body. It did seem like
    Six Paths of Hell burned inside of him, yet nothing had come into contact with him. He knelt on the sand, catching his breath. Where was all this torment coming from? He felt close to passing out.

Now out of the hypnosis-like spell of the man who was not a man, he - or it - was interested somewhere else. Aiden followed its line of sight and saw an aquatic hydra with multiple heads straight out of a Grecian myth. It seemed poised and ready to devour an unconscious man lying on the sand.

Nothing made sense anymore. Even established laws of physics (i.e. gravity) had already been defied before his eyes when his brother jumped high over him. All that remained were the things he learned from Cub Scouts - help people in need, especially those about to be gobbled up alive by archaic monsters.

The boy forced himself to get up and hobbled across the sand towards the man. He grabbed and shook at his mucus-covered jacket and tried to pull him away from the hydra, all the while shouting, "Get up! GET UP! Don't get eaten!"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-17-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

OOC: @Cross Avantgarde @~Shobu~
    I think we have temp lost @Luka Megurine
    Will make this bit difficult but we can work it.

Thanatos
    Sync: N/A

A number of more interesting people had found their way into his world. Thanatos was almost grinning with joy at the prospect of cleaning up so many messes while gaining what he needed. all his loose ends where here. Well not Piers. But he could be solves later. And that other one. He would kill them all, claim the watcher and then enact his plan. Nothing could truely stop this. He glance to the side and saw the stage Butterfly flittering by him. As the possible places spun through it's wings Thanatos grabbed it. The world warped again.

The world stopped, as sudden as a roller coaster. The colours leaked into place. Candles ignited. The open space of arena was replace with the glamour of a ballroom. Bright lights. Bright colours. The smell of food drifted in the air. Figures dance around. Well posed men, and beautiful moving women. The same featureless faces as the arena. But these made no noise. No sound of their feet, no music, no laughter. It was a perfect silence. Thanatos was now standing at the top of a set of stairs. His blackened skin almost seemed to be burning. Blood leaked from joints and his devilish smile was splitting his cheeks. Horns has emerged from four seperate places on his head. He pushed his body further to power his illusion to even this point.

A blade slid out of both his hands.
    "Watcher. The count down starts now." He spoke, his voice rasped with pain. "Join my side and I spare all those lost in this world. Hide more and I will kill each one and take you." Thanatos laughed as he walked down the stairs. He was lying. He would kill them all anyways. But she didn't know that.

????

He felt something.
    A bond growing stronger.
    He panicked as he watched the girl chase her love.
    Love eh?

Finally, Alanna spotted Thanatos again after quite a ride. He disappeared into the building that she and Mama were taken to earlier. Alanna suddenly panicked. Mama was in that place! Who knows what he could do to her! Alanna nearly leaped off her bike and ran to follow him inside. She barged in through the doors only have a strange flurry of butterflies rush at her. She threw up her arms to shield her face.

She didn't feel anything after that. She blinked in confusion and brought her arms down to find that she was in some sort of strange hallway. A roar of cheers erupted from the other side of the wall. Where in the world was she?

He took a sharp breath.
    There he was.
    Blood everywhere.
    Tears formed in his eyes.
    He reached into the fragile bond the girl held with her Nightmare.
    He wormed into the nightmares voice.
    Took it and made it his for a moment.
    "Girl."
    "Thank you."
    "Help me."
    "Tell him."
    "Tell him... I've returned."
    He took a deep breath.
    "Tell my Brother I am back."
    "Tell Thanatos I am back to stop him."
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

"Get up! GET UP! Don't get eaten!"

Either Piers had been too groggy to notice his approach or else a young boy had appeared out of thin air. He was tugging away at him, trying to get him to stand. Half of Piers wanted to acknowledge his help, but the other half of him was pondering where the boy had come from. He could barely remember the events that had occurred just before he lost consciousness. Things were starting to make sense. Titan had healed him, which meant that Ace was most likely okay. But as for the others...

This isn’t safe...I’ve got to get the boy out of here...

Getting up was a laborious task, but as he finally made it to his feet he looked at the boy and almost managed a smile. “Thanks for the help, and don't worry about Titan, here...he's one of the good guys. I hate to cut this short, but you’ve got to get out of here as quickly as you can, alright? You’ve—”

And that’s when he saw the dark figure down the beach. Staring at Jitters from his place near Titan, Piers wasn’t quite sure what to make of the amalgam that used to be his nightmare.

“Skitters?”

Yorick
    Location: Guardian HQ (affected by Thanatos’s illusion, currently in the form of a ballroom).

Just as quickly as the arena had appeared out of nowhere, the world quickly changed again. Yorick’s senses were bombarded with the smell of food, and it appeared as if he were at an elegant ball. Everything was eerily silent, and as he took one step he heard the sound echo for what seemed like minutes. Yet it was only one step that he took, for he suddenly stopped when he saw something horrid at the top of the grand staircase in the ballroom. Far away as the figure was, Yorick couldn’t quite make out all of the features. Nevertheless Yorick could make out enough to see that the figure looked like a hellish demon.

Watching in a mixture of confusion and horror, Yorick’s mouth fell open.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Cross Avantgarde Excellent! It was part of my plan all along of course... ha. Glad to be back! ^_^
    @Valkarma Let's hope @Luka Megurine comes back soon! She's essential!
    @Solsaiden Hel Haha, sorry she was moving so I left her location blank to save the trouble of typing it out! (in other words, I was too lazy to type it.)

Alanna
    Items: backpack with inhaler and money

Alanna spotted an arched entrance-way and ran to it, only to find herself in what seemed like some sort of arena. "What the f-" she said, but stopped mid-sentence when she saw a lone figure in the middle of the arena. She squinted her eyes to see if she could make out who it was. She couldn't make out hardly any features, though he was not the thing that took over Jace's body that was for sure. Maybe this person knew where he was. "Excuse me!" She shouted as she ran towards him.

A number of more interesting people had found their way into his world. Thanatos was almost grinning with joy at the prospect of cleaning up so many messes while gaining what he needed. all his loose ends where here. Well not Piers. But he could be solves later. And that other one. He would kill them all, claim the watcher and then enact his plan. Nothing could truly stop this. He glance to the side and saw the stage Butterfly flittering by him. As the possible places spun through it's wings Thanatos grabbed it. The world warped again.

Halfway to the person, she realized she had met this man before. But before she could recall who he was, the scenery began to change drastically as if someone had splashed water on it to wash it away. Delectable smells of food filled Alanna's senses, reminding her that she hadn't eaten since she left Teaberry quite some time ago. Following the smells of food, several dancers began to appear, as if they had just silently waltzed in from another world. They were faceless, which disturbed her but they didn't seem to even notice she was there so she deemed them harmless for now.

The silence unnerved her, then she heard the loud hallow echo of a footstep. It was the man who she had seen earlier. She then realized upon seeing his face more close up that it was Yorrick, the man she had met at the bus stop. His face was contorted with horror though.

A blade slid out of both his hands.
    "Watcher. The count down starts now." He spoke, his voice rasped with pain. "Join my side and I spare all those lost in this world. Hide more and I will kill each one and take you." Thanatos laughed as he walked down the stairs. He was lying. He would kill them all anyways. But she didn't know that.

That voice. She could never forget such a dreadful thing. Reluctantly, she followed his gaze to see a hideous form descending the stairs. Despite the additions to his being, she knew exactly who it was. But it was too horrifying to call out to him. Tears brimmed her eyes and blurred her vision. What have you done to him, you monster?

He took a sharp breath.
    There he was.
    Blood everywhere.
    Tears formed in his eyes.
    He reached into the fragile bond the girl held with her Nightmare.
    He wormed into the nightmares voice.
    Took it and made it his for a moment.
    "Girl."
    "Thank you."
    "Help me."
    "Tell him."
    "Tell him... I've returned."
    He took a deep breath.
    "Tell my Brother I am back."
    "Tell Thanatos I am back to stop him."

Alanna brought a hand to the side of her head as if she could physically touch the voice that rang throughout her mind. It sounded like the nurse's, but it was completely different. The heavy Asian accent was gone; it sounded almost sincere somehow. Alanna didn't know what was going on in her own head, like most days, but she knew that standing here gawking in horror was not going to get Jace back. Hopefully the voice in her head knew what it was doing. Thanatos huh?

Alanna took a breath, steadied herself, clenched her hands into fists, and tried to calm her racing heart. "THANATOS!" She bellowed, proud that her voice did not crack or quaver. Her voice echoed so loud, it hurt her ears, but did nothing to cease the dancing mannequins. She waited for his attention to be on her and spoke quickly before he could dismiss her as nothing. "I have a message from your brother. He says he's back to kick your creepy arse!" The last part came out with the boldness that built up with every word she spoke. All she had to do was think of Jace to keep her going.

Mama
    Role: Ex-guardian
    Items: hand gun (hidden)

It must be the work of a Nightmare. Renee looked about her as the arena sunk away to be replaced by a silent ballroom. She observed the scene about her to find two figures in the distance.

Alanna. Belone said.

Renee gasped. She nearly said the girl's name before she saw the third figure--a horrid, bleeding mass that was falling apart by the joints. The nun's motherly instincts kicked in and she started for Alanna, but a force inside her own being held her back.

Belone! What are yo-

Do not take action yet. Belone replied, as monotone as ever. Sync and watch.

Why would I sync with you now?! Alanna's in danger and you expe-

Renee. It has been several year since Belone has spoken her name. Sync. Now. I will protect her.

Renee was confused. She never thought to trust Belone with anything. It was a Nightmare. Be it a gut feeling or pure stupidity, she synced with Belone, still leaving herself some amount of control.

Belone
    Sync: 78%

It stood from afar and watched as the three interacted. It would approach at the precise time. Yes... no need to rush. Rushing in meant dying, and it could not live without a host. So for now, it waits.

OOC: Sorry if Mama/Belone's post seem rushed. I am falling asleep and typing random stuff. Blegrdkfndsfknk. Good night everyone.
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 02-23-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC-So, I really don't want to seem like I'm cheating but I had 'accumulated' some powers way back when the Vortex first came into plot plans. I have wind powers as well as higher strength and speed to go along with my fire. I promise I'm not cheating! ^^")

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy twitched as she watched a weak Nightmare get killed in front of her eyes. She hadn't seen that coming. Now, though, she could feel the rage bubbling up inside of her veins. After the dispicable creature went after it's own host, she couldn't take it any more. She let out a feral screech and charged the damned thing, a long whip of fire forming in her hands. She had crossed the distance in less than a blink of an eye and she swung her fire whip toward the malicious mutt with all of her strength as the wind started to pick up around them. She was going to rip this Nightmare right out of it's host and teach him what it was like to be helpless. He was going to pay.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Wow! Check out the awesome influx of posts in just a few hours! What happened? Did school end or something at that side of the world?)

Theo / Aiden

In addition to a
    Six Paths of Hell, a Fire Whip surrounded his body. He howled in pain for a brief moment, but like before, diverted the damage to his Host. His jacket turned into a dark and dusty substance where the fire touched him, but the Nightmare felt nothing.

The intense burn made Aiden shriek. He dropped on his knees and fell forward, hugging his body. His face hit the ground and a mouthful of sand muffled his cries. Something like an invisible flaming snake tightened around his arms, his chest, and his back. He could not think. He gritted his teeth and shut his eyes. Then he'd open his eyes wide and he would scream. He gasped for air. He scratched and pulled at his shirt but he could not grasp at the cause of the pain.

"Oh God! Ah, stop it! Please... please stop it! It hurts!"

Tears blurred his vision. Aiden rolled on his back, his body convulsing and bending as if trying to shake off an imagined torturous fire. His skin turned horrible raw shades of white, yellow, and red. It felt like a ravenous animal was eating its way into his flesh. Blood dripped from the corners of his mouth because he had bitten his tongue.

Theo flinched when Aiden cried out with all his might, and he felt compelled to help his Host. But the Fire Whip thankfully halted his movements. The boy's skin was already peeling off. He knew that the heat would soon scorch off even Aiden's nerve cells and he would feel nothing at all. At least when he passes out from the pain the boy will take the damages more quietly.

If Aiden reached a comatose state, only able to dream for the rest of his life, Theo would be free to move around as long and as far as he wished. That would be something like the freedom he needed, right? More or less. He shrugged internally. She may actually set him free.

"Come." His smirk widened as Aiden's scream shattered the rising air. "Do your worst, Lady Vortex."
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-18-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: (>0_0)>

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy pulled back her whip as fast as she could when she realized the Nightmare was deflecting his pain to his host. He was just a little boy. How could his Nightmare hate him so much? She felt her heart break a little bit but quickly shoved it to the back of her mind and put her cold barrier back into place. Instantly she had a plan in her head. It pained her to even think about what had to be done but she knew she needed to do it. "I'm sorry about this," she cried to the small boy writhing in the sand as she blew up a huge wave of sand and peppered it with fire. With the thick cover, she charged at him, tackling him to the ground. All she had to do was suck him up since he had already ventured apart from his host. The only problem would be the pain the boy would undoubtedly feel.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OOC: @Red : I can't remember if we met earlier in the rp but I think so. If its wrong just let me know and also I can't tell if its Landy or Sigataph in control.

Rod's attacks seemed to have an affect on the nightmare as it retaliated quickly after the blows. He dodged the attack and was surprised to see a woman wielding a fire whip and it startled him to find out who it was.

" Landy?" Rod said dumbfounded, " I never knew she could do that."
    Realizing what was going on, Rod quickly moved to finish off the nightmare that was causing all of this.

Ace was relieved to see Piers doing just fine after forcefully removing himself from Titan. Piers looked a little confused but was completely healed.

" My First Mate! How are ya?" Ace said slapping Piers on the back as a friendly gesture, " We've got problems and its hard to believe what's going on here."

Ace quickly grabbed Cerise with one of Titan's heads and swallowed her as it did with Piers. He hoped he could heal her but with the death of her nightmare he couldn't know for sure.

" That nightmare you're looking at isn't Skitters, its known as Jitters and its been fighting with the other nightmare for some time along with my brother Rod and his nightmare Zen." Ace said as he readied his pistols for action, " Stay here and rest while go bring up the rear."

Ace ran toward the battlefield and fired off a few shots at the Retriever....

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: I don't intend to post for Cerise until the Epilogues. ^^")

Theo / Aiden

With Ace's precise aim, the bullets hit Theo's chest straight into where his heart should be. But, composed of mere thought and imagination, the Nightmare literally and perhaps figuratively had no heart.

Theo knew he could not transfer the damage to Aiden. It would kill them both. His right hand dug inside his chest. Dark dust emanated from the hole as he wrenched out the bullets and let them silently fall onto the sand. The hole closed without a fuss.

Aiden knew someone had approached and said something kindly yet unintelligible to him, but now sand and fire was everywhere. Each miniscule granule on his raw and red burns introduced a whole hell of anguish. They scratched inside his hoarse and dry throat but he continued screaming nonetheless. They blinded his eyes and roared inside his ears. He was too weak to get up and run, but blessed unconsciousness would not yet come.

By the way she had wrapped a
    Fire Whip around him, Theo could tell the Lady Vortex must completely and utterly detest him. For what? For destroying the Nightmare of the Guardian who doused her with water? That was rather ungrateful. He had practically saved her. Nevertheless, Lady Vortex meant no good to his Host inside the wall of sand and fire, and he had to act fast.

Help... Theo...

Theo, not Theodore. His Host's weak call was like the whisper of a ghost, but it had all the boy's might. Theo twitched. He always defied the boy, but this time Theo obeyed.

He shielded his face and plunged through the wall of sand and fire. His jacket emanated large amounts of dark dust when he came out the other side, and about a half of his face had been burned off.

Snarling at Lady Vortex, he gathered his Aiden in his arms and jumped out of the wall as quickly as he had entered. The Nightmare shielded his Host from the sand and fire, so when they came out of the other side about three-quarters of his body emanated dark dust.

Theo... it hurts...make... it stop... please...

Weaker-willed Nightmares would find it more difficult to resist the call of their Hosts. Theo knew the boy was close to unconsciousness, but far from death. The two people the Nightmare ate gave him enough strength to transfer to Aiden and keep him alive, even if he kept diverting physical pain to him. It was a matter of balance.

Shut up and go to sleep! Or I'll be the one to knock you out cold.

Please... Aiden called again, but then he felt the boy's body relax in his arms and Theo heard nothing further from him.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-24-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: <(O_O<)

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

????

...He was tired.
    The girl could only give so much.

Alanna took a breath, steadied herself, clenched her hands into fists, and tried to calm her racing heart. "THANATOS!" She bellowed, proud that her voice did not crack or quaver. Her voice echoed so loud, it hurt her ears, but did nothing to cease the dancing mannequins. She waited for his attention to be on her and spoke quickly before he could dismiss her as nothing. "I have a message from your brother. He says he's back to kick your creepy arse!" The last part came out with the boldness that built up with every word she spoke. All she had to do was think of Jace to keep her going.

He reached back into her mind.
    "Girl?"
    "That was very kind of you."
    He drifted as the energy he had collected faded.
    "But."
    "I can't fight anything right now."
    "I have no host."
    Then he felt the words he dreaded.
    Suddenly his spirit seemed to shake.
    Slowly he expanded the last of his energy.
    He drew his sight back to the real world.
    What he saw terrified him.
    "Girl. We need a guardian."
    "We need help."
    "Move! Now!"

Thanatos
    Sync: N/A

He froze.
    His illusion froze.
    And for all the air, noise and moments. It all froze.

Slowly they vanished. Each dancer. Without disturbing the silence they just vanished.
    Soon all that was left were those who were real. A couple of guardians. Some innocent HQ workers. The watcher. And her.
    Thanatos was just frozen in place. The words spoken echoed through his mind. Slowly he turned, the silence unbroken. He faced towards the girl. The insect that had once blocked his path before. His eyes stared at her unblinking. Slowly he whispered something. Any other time the words would not be heard. But here they travelled far.
    "Hypnos?"
    Something shook. It resonated with the words spoken and told him all he needed.

The area around Thanatos exploded.

Sync: 110%. 120% 150% 200% and rising.

Thanatos felt his back rip and the muscles snap before repairing. He heard Jace scream in pain, locked inside his own mind as his body began to fall apart. He felt the fold of his wings emerge. Grand butterfly wings. The design and pattern mind destorying. Images of things that shouldn't be, of colours that stole hope, of patterns that warped the mind spun across them. Blood openly leaked out of his pores. He pushed the body beyond what any was meant for. He forced his energy, the raw energy that made all nightmares, into the human realm. Into Jace's body. And then he screamed his lungs out.

"HYPNOS!"

He lunged for the girl. His wings opened to increase his speed. He aimed for her throat, blade in hand. Murder, anger and hatred burned in his eyes.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Green Ribbon
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2015 01:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Danger Duchess

(@Valkarma @~Shobu~ @Cross Avantgarde : So sorry for the delay. I had surgery a few weeks ago and I've been trying my hardest to keep up with school.)

Role: Watcher
    Items: Pill Bottle(empty), Cell Phone

Chinatsu listened carefully to Thanatos's offer. She cringed a bit every time Yorick called for her and reluctantly began walking through the illusions. The choice was major but she'd do anything to feel useful. A question rose to mind but the Nightmare was getting impatient and she decided to keep it quiet. She firmly placed her feet in the middle of the ballroom and watched as a girl yelled at the Nightmare. Turning her head towards the girl, she had a déjà-vu feeling about her presence. "I've seen you before," She said to herself. "But where?" Thinking back to when she had her last few visions, she remembered a particular one involving Yorick around her infamously remembered hospital. "Alanna!" She remarked, a little too loud than she hoped.

Suddenly, the dancers stopped and Thanatos had began to morph his body into something new. When he screamed out, Chinatsu began running towards the stairs and kicked the wooden handrail with all her might. A wooden column broke off with an end sharp enough to pierce through skin and muscle. Pointing the sharp end over her heart, she planted her feet again and took a weak, yet deep breath in.

"THANATOS, STOP!"She yelled, her voice filled with a sudden confidence and boldness.

She started breathing heavy and looked at Thanatos with a glare. "I will pierce my heart with this stake unless you take me out of here without harming a single hair on either that girl or anyone else's hair. I am certainly not afraid of you and I will not let you hurt my friends or anyone else anymore!" She screamed, using the last of her reserved breath. Chinatsu caught her breath and looked at him with determination in her eyes. Sure, death wasn't her best option but it was the only way she thought she could help and the only way she knew could help.
    Last edited by Luka Megurine; 03-01-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

" My First Mate! How are ya?" Ace said slapping Piers on the back as a friendly gesture, " We've got problems and its hard to believe what's going on here."

Ace was right—things were unbelievable, but fortunately for Piers it was always a comfort to have Ace at one’s side during battle. He had a way of making the direst situations a bit more bearable, and Piers certainly needed that. Seeing the Retriever holding the young boy who was in such agony distressed Piers enough, but when he saw how badly Cerise was doing, he was having trouble controlling his emotions. What had happened? And as for Landy, did she have control of her powers or was Sigataph on the verge of taking over? So far, Landy seemed to be in control, but Piers was unsure of what had transpired since he’d been incapacitated. And as for the bizarre nightmare staring at him from across the beach…

" That nightmare you're looking at isn't Skitters, its known as Jitters and its been fighting with the other nightmare for some time along with my brother Rod and his nightmare Zen." Ace said as he readied his pistols for action, " Stay here and rest while go bring up the rear."

Ace ran toward the battlefield and fired off a few shots at the Retriever....

Something had to be done. There was something sinister in the way that the Retriever was appearing so calm in the midst of all his opponents.

Cerise…Landy…and the boy…this has to end. Why is the boy being harmed? What is causing—

Before he could finish his thought, Jitters was standing right in front of him. He had dashed in front of Piers with the same speed that Skitters once possessed, and it startled Piers enough to almost fall to the ground.

“I know what you’ll want to do,” is all that Jitters simply said. “I’m no longer the nightmare you once knew. But I bear his thoughts, and I know from your eyes what you mean to do. I also have something to do, for a little girl that met that nightmare. We’ve no time to talk further. But I need to get close to the boy. And to do that, we may be able to aid each other…”

Piers shook his head. Was Skitters truly gone? How badly was Cerise wounded? His emotions were playing up at the thought of Cerise and the sight of the wounded boy, and he said the words that the nightmare was about to speak for himself.

“Sync. Now.”

Knowing how little time they had to waste, Jitters did just that. Jitters dashed one step forward to Piers, and his form quickly covered Piers’s body.

Sync: Approximately 95%

The form that resulted looked anthropomorphic, but seemed to lack certain definitions around what would be considered to be the face. The form appeared to be a slender, human-like shadow that stood nevertheless in direct sunlight upon the beach.

He turned to Landy—Landy, who had done so much for him over and over again. Then he looked at Rod and Ace. “Comrades, I need your help. I have to get close to him. I’ll be vulnerable as I do so, so I ask that you attempt to restrain him. All of this has to be done without hurting the boy or the nightmare. I realize that what I ask is next to impossible, but I wouldn’t ask this from you if I thought you all were incapable.” With that, he turned his head to the Retriever and stared for a brief second before speaking.

“Retriever,” Piers said. His voice was not melded with Jitters as Jitters’s own voice could be heard alongside his own. It was as if every word were spoken in tandem, two voices speaking with the same tone and with the same cadence, yet nevertheless two distinct voices in unison. “I made a few promises when I became a Guardian. Today, I plan to keep all of them at once.”

Yorick
    Location: Guardian HQ (affected by Thanatos's illusion, currently in the form of a ballroom)

"Hypnos?"

Yorick was dazed, and saw that the monstrous figure was looking straight at a woman that he was sure he knew. Then, the nightmare spoke the name again, though he screamed it so loudly that Yorick flinched. Suddenly the nightmare charged straight at the girl.

“No!” Yorick managed to scream. He began to dash toward her, but he was much too far away to make it in time. He didn’t think to sync with Chain, though he would still be incapable of getting to the girl in time. He ran despite his distance from her, going as quickly as he could toward an enemy that horrified him. Another scream caused him to stop dead in his tracks.

She started breathing heavy and looked at Thanatos with a glare. "I will pierce my heart with this stake unless you take me out of here without harming a single hair on either that girl or anyone else's hair. I am certainly not afraid of you and I will not let you hurt my friends or anyone else anymore!" She screamed, using the last of her reserved breath.

Yorick swirled around when he heard her voice. “Chinatsu?” he said, looking over at her. His mind was frightened at the prospect of seeing the nightmare slay the girl that he had been running towards, and now he saw Chinatsu acting as if she were about to take her own life. Unable to understand what to do, he simply stared in horror at the scene before him.

Chain…I know I’m asking a lot from you, but I can’t let this happen…be ready…
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 03-05-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Oversight

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rod was shocked to see Piers awake and syncing with Jitters even though Jitters was something else entirely and anyone could tell that much. Even after syncing with Jitters, Piers had a plan and Rod had no choice but to acknowledge it.

"Alright, I'll go along with your plan but we have to stop both the Retriever and Landy in order for this to be a complete victory since we don't know what she might do in this state." Rod said as his body began to feel twisted, "Stay close to me and I'll get you there in no time at all."

Rod suddenly fell to his knees and started coughing up blood at an alarming rate while his vision got blurry.

"Rod are you alright?" Zen said appearing beside him, " We have to sync in order to stop this from progressing."

"You realize we can't sync in our current forms and it will only clash if we do so." Rod said staggering to get up, "We can't afford to do it at this time but with you using the heaven path, we can make this work."

Rod wiped the remains of the blood from his mouth and readied himself for what was to come. The green swirls began to cover his body as he chanted.

"The fist will never betray the user unless the spirit is weak, formless like water and solid like steel, the spirit will never falter if its strong. Bathed in moonlight and tempered with unwavering devotion to the art of combat. Final Stance of the Moon Kingdom: Dance of the Fallen Moon King!"

His body was swallowed by the green negative energy of his heart and he used this wild energy to create tendrils of green that emerged from his back.

" Piers, this technique is the final weapon my master gave but at a price. It can kill me after prolonged use so let's move out." Rod said as he saw Ace fighting the Retriever, " Zen, go look after the boy who got into this."

Rod looked at Piers and quickly dashed to Ace's side while a clone of Rod stayed with him.

"Rod you'll die if you use this, don't throw your life away." Ace said with a concerned look on his face, " I know the situation is dire but undo this transformation."

"This path is the path of attack and his defense is zero because of it." the clone said as he began to move, " If this plan of yours doesn't work then I'll gladly put my life on the line to end it all here and now."

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Theo

Theo knelt on the ground, carrying Aiden with arms of dark dust.

Adam Cross... and Jigsaw. The lighter half of his face leered, the other darker half dissipated continuously into the air. If Thomasai learned the mansion intruder was a Guardian, he would laugh and say he wasn't surprised.

Then Theo held out Aiden to the nightmarish monster so similar to himself.

You want it that much? Here, dum-dum. Have this.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 03-02-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: ~(0w0)~

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OOC: This is a combo post. So obviously the different colour represent who is doing what. Hope the rainbow effect doesn't blind anyone
    Oh and Cross. The illusion is still on. Just now it is only the ballroom.

????

Thanatos
    Sync: 250% and rising

Hypnos had seen that look before.
    That same look that cut him deep.
    How could his own brother hate him so much?

There was a flicker of movement to his side. A voice entered his deaf ears. His hatred propelled him forwards. But he gave only a glanced to the one speaking.

"THANATOS, STOP!"

That fool.
    Hypnos reached out quickly.
    His presence found a connection within the girl.
    Split between the two girls he could talk to them both now.
    First though.

Thanatos glanced back to his target without a second thought. Hate. Pure Hate bruned inside him. His normal self was consumed. Anything but this he could handle. Anything but him. Anything.

"Forgive me watcher." Hypnos whispered into Chinatsu mind.
    He drew on her energy.
    With it he dived into where Alanna nightmare was.
    The creature rejected Hynos but not before he forced Alanna down to her knees.
    He would not be able to do that again.
    The energy he gathered left quickly.

Thanatos's blow missed the girl as she ducked. His momentum kept him going. With a beat of his wings he spun mid air. He crashed into a table next to the wall. He then pushed of from it. Towards the watcher. He could sense his presence in her. He must die. He. Must. Die. His blade gleamed with blood. His mind didn't think as he lunged to kill the girl who was threatening herself.

"Forgive me watcher."
    "Now I have connected to you he will try to kill you in order to kill me."
    Hypnos spoke to both girls.
    "I wish to help."
    "But I need a better connection."
    "You both reject your nightmares. So energy does not flow through you well."
    His voice was alive with panic.
    "I need support from a guardian. One who can sync high."
    He noticed Thanatos began to turn. He knew already.
    "Quickly. I must let you know."
    "The moment I connect with them he will sense me in them."
    "Then he will try to kill them in an attempt to get me."
    "This is why you must forgive me watcher."
    "But I had to save that girl and you had the energy to let me."
    "If I can get enough energy from the guardian then I will be able to do something."
    "You must help."
    "I have to save Jace."
    "Please help"

Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alanna
    Items: backpack with inhaler and money

"Hypnos?"

Alanna's heart nearly skipped a beat when she saw Thanatos charge at her. She knew she couldn't dodge it. She knew she couldn't call upon that bloody nurse to her, and she didn't even know what was in her head right now other than the fact that it, well "he", said he was Thanatos' brother. All of this ran through her head in a millisecond as she thew her arms up in self-defense; it was about the only thing she could do. Suddenly, she felt herself drop to her knees. It was harder than she would have brought herself down, but it worked. Thanatos flew over her head and into a table. Her heart we beating a mile a minute as she forced herself off her knees. She could feel Yuuko's fury in her chest, but she couldn't come out. Alanna's hold over her was too strong.

"I wish to help."
    "But I need a better connection."
    "You both reject your nightmares. So energy does not flow through you well."
    His voice was alive with panic.
    "I need support from a guardian. One who can sync high."
    He noticed Thanatos began to turn. He knew already.
    "Quickly. I must let you know."
    "The moment I connect with them he will sense me in them."
    "Then he will try to kill them in an attempt to get me."
    "This is why you must forgive me watcher."
    "But I had to save that girl and you had the energy to let me."
    "If I can get enough energy from the guardian then I will be able to do something."
    "You must help."
    "I have to save Jace."
    "Please help"

This was all a mess. Alanna felt completely useless. She wanted to help Jace but she didn't even know where to begin. She rushed in here like a blind fool and now she was just in the way and seemed like she was just trying to get herself killed. And what the heck is a Guardian?!

Belone
    Sync: 84%

"Belone!" Renee shouted from within the Nightmare when they saw Thanatos recover quickly. It knew he who he would go for next. It would not allow him to harm her. Renee would be displeased with it if it did.

Just as the hideous winged Nightmare flew at the Watcher, Belone took immediate action. It sprinted as hard and fast as its leg would carry it, which was no less than a barreling train at full speed and right before he could reach his target. It tackle him with brute force to the ground. It had to act quick. It may not be able to kill such a powerful Nightmare i a short amount of time, but it could subdue him for what it was worth. As they they landed, Belone extracted a syringe from the dome of others in its head and stabbed it into his right leg while still on top of him.

Alanna

Frustrated with herself and the situation at hand and feeling panicked, she spoke within her mind to communicate with this brother of Thanatos, Hypnos. But he said you 'both'. Could he be talking about that other girl who just stepped in? And when he said 'Nightmare', could he be referring to the nurse? She'll think as she goes along. "Alright I don't know who you are or how you got in my head, but I'll do whatever I can to help you save Jace. Just tell me who is a 'Guardian'." She glanced at the other girl. How did she play into this?Was she this Watcher Thanatos kept shouting to?Had to be since she ran in and so bodly yelled at him and threatened to injure herself. She must have play some role to display such confidence in him not harming her.

All of the sudden, the pieces were coming together.
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 03-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: Got the message, Valk; excuse the oversight in the previous post. It should be corrected by the time you read this. Thanks again!

Piers

Sync: 97%

"Alright, I'll go along with your plan but we have to stop both the Retriever and Landy in order for this to be a complete victory since we don't know what she might do in this state." Rod said as his body began to feel twisted, "Stay close to me and I'll get you there in no time at all."

The boy was young, but ever so dedicated. Should Piers put so much trust in a non-Guardian? Considering that he had put much trust in Landy’s capable hands in the past and things had turned out for the better, Piers decided that he was going to have to trust his new comrade as well. Besides, Ace trusted him—and Piers had learned long ago that he could trust Ace’s judgment. As for Landy, Piers thought that she looked almost normal, though it was obvious that she had tapped into a vast amount of nightmarish ability. Was she in control?
    Rod suddenly fell to his knees and started coughing up blood at an alarming rate while his vision got blurry.
    Rod wiped the remains of the blood from his mouth and readied himself for what was to come. The green swirls began to cover his body as he chanted.

"The fist will never betray the user unless the spirit is weak, formless like water and solid like steel, the spirit will never falter if its strong. Bathed in moonlight and tempered with unwavering devotion to the art of combat. Final Stance of the Moon Kingdom: Dance of the Fallen Moon King!"

His body was swallowed by the green negative energy of his heart and he used this wild energy to create tendrils of green that emerged from his back.

" Piers, this technique is the final weapon my master gave but at a price. It can kill me after prolonged use so let's move out." Rod said as he saw Ace fighting the Retriever, " Zen, go look after the boy who got into this."

Rod looked at Piers and quickly dashed to Ace's side while a clone of Rod stayed with him.

"This path is the path of attack and his defense is zero because of it." the clone said as he began to move, " If this plan of yours doesn't work then I'll gladly put my life on the line to end it all here and now."

Piers’s form visibly began to crouch a bit in expectation of their dash towards the Retriever. “Friend, I owe you much; and I cannot possibly ask you to give your life. But I do ask this favor: if I fail, protect the others and make sure they get out of here. I’m sure if they regroup then they can think of something. But I do feel that if I fail…this boy’s life is forfeit. And that is inexcusable. So, I thank you for giving your all beside me.” Piers inhaled and exhaled audibly, his somewhat amorphous form showing visible anxiety.

Here goes everything.”

Theo knelt on the ground, carrying Aiden with arms of dark dust.

Adam Cross... and Jigsaw. The lighter half of his face leered, the other darker half dissipated continuously into the air. If Thomasai learned the mansion intruder was a Guardian, he would laugh and say he wasn't surprised.

Then Theo held out Aiden to the nightmarish monster so similar to himself.

You want it that much? Here, dum-dum. Have this.

Was this a joke? Was it a bluff?

Piers looked at Rod’s clone. “Don’t trust him. If he’s sincere, then I’m sure he’s got something up his sleeve. But at all costs, I’ve got to get the boy.” Piers knew that it wasn’t that simple. The boy needed to be conscious and able to subdue his nightmare. And if he wasn’t strong enough to do that, then Piers would have to use Jitters’s power to find out what the nightmare’s greatest fear was. Something he had learned since the sync was the extent of Jitters’s abilities, and that helped his confidence a bit. If the nightmare’s fear could be deduced, then the key to neutralizing him could be at hand. If not…

You look fast. Good. We’ll need speed. Ready?” Piers looked at his comrade one more time, then dashed with every ounce of speed he could muster towards the Retriever, carefully trying to stay as close as possible to the clone. He had no idea if his opponent truly meant to hand the boy over or not, but he did know that he wasn’t going to risk it; he would do his best to retrieve the boy whether the nightmare was willing or not. As he neared the nightmare he lunged, hoping the clone would protect him long enough as he reached out to Aiden.

Yorick
    (affected by Thanatos’s illusion, currently in the form of a ballroom).

The most horrid creature Yorick had ever seen was wreaking havoc in the ballroom, and Yorick felt as useless as a spectator. The creature seemed to first target the familiar-looking girl, and then seemed to turn its attention to Chinatsu, though Yorick had no idea as to why. Out of sheer devotion Yorick ran towards Chinatsu, having no idea as to what he should do.

Fortunately, a nightmare quickly intercepted the gruesome opponent, causing Yorick to once again stop in his tracks. How much of what he was witnessing was real?

“Chinatsu!” Yorick yelled. “Get away from him while you have a chance! You too, lady!” Yorick yelled as he once again ran closer to the unknown opponent. Not sure if the new nightmare could be trusted, he kept his distance but stared over at Chinatsu and Alanna at the same time, motioning with his hands frantically for them to get away from the rampaging nightmare.

“Are there any Guardians here?! Help!” Yorick screamed. Everything looked like the inside of an elegant ballroom, but surely there were some available Guardians around since the transformation, Yorick thought. He was unsure if he would receive an answer or not, but he felt sure that whatever help he received might not be enough given the current threat.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 03-05-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Coloring mishap...

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: Sorry! College is really beating me up right now. >.<")

Locations- Conifer beach

Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy was lost. She had grabbed the boy, expecting instinct to take over but his Nightmare just snatched him away again. She let her fire and wind walls disentergrate as she fell to her knees, lost on what to do. As she was kneeling, she looked over and saw Piers was up and syncing with a Nightmare that was not his own. He was with a guy that she couldn't put a name to. The men moved across the sand toward the evil Nightmare of that poor boy as she watched on helplessly. From where she was, she couldn't really tell what was going on but when the two began their rapid dash towards the boy and his Nightmare, she couldn't stop herself from springing to her feet with a gasp. Winds began to pick up a little and the fire whip formed again without her even commanding it. Her legs unconciously prepared to rush forward if anything went askew.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Sab gave me control of one of my most favorite characters, Hyrez Goldmine. So heads up to those at the beach! I don't think I can make him as awesome as Cross did in Post #1604, though. But I'll try my best. ^^" For your convenience, here is his profile.)

Theo

Here, catch!

At the moment Jitters touched Aiden, Theo casually tossed his Host in the arms of the Guardian-Nightmare. Within that same second, he closed his eyes and disappeared.

Still in mid-air, Aiden's left arm transformed into a long knife. Theo picked up the familiar scent of Adam Cross, the scent he had long hunted for. Without even opening the boy's eyes, he plunged his blade towards the Guardian-Nightmare.

Hyrez "Goldmine" Thomasai / Naomi
    Items: (NPC Francis and Marianna)

Some Hosts are more monstrous, more evil, than their Nightmares.

Francis parked the BMW on the street beside the beach. Marianne followed, driving a large truck that carried water and the Rostov mansion's supply of dead bodies.

Francis could not help but observe that Hyrez Thomasai moved with elegant fluidity, as if one movement easily flowed into another. He softly stepped out of the vehicle, paused, and lit a cigar. It was rich and sweet, like coffee in the form of air, but with just the right blend of death. He leaned over the railing separating asphalt from sand, and studied the characters playing on the battlefield. Thomasai smirked and then laughed when he saw the Retriever helplessly surrounded by a hodgepodge of Nightmares and their Hosts.

The small and delicate Naomi peered over the railing beside Thomasai on tip-toes. She shared the same cerise eyes as her Host and his dead daughter. The ocean wind played with her long snow-white hair. She had appeared so subtly that Francis wondered if she had been with there all the time.

She - It was a Nightmare. A figment of imagination. A thing of dreams. A monster.

The monster tugged at the devil's sleeve.

"Sweetheart," he smiled gently, placing a hand on her cheek. "Don't touch daddy's clothes with your dirty hands. Now, tell me, do you remember what I said back in the mansion? Why I brought us here?"

"Yes, daddy." One small hand clutched at his and she pointed at the mortal souls on the battlefield, "Isn't that woman the Vortex? Are those other people Guardians? And that is Theo? What do you want me to do to them for you, daddy?"

Her excited questioning made her seem alive. He knelt on the ground like a father would, and lightly caressed her hair, "Do you recognize the Vortex girl that I showed you, sweetie? Is she out there on the beach?"

"Yes, I can see her. She has something red and burning in her hands."

"I want you to do your best to capture the Vortex woman for daddy. Is that alright?"

She tilted her head up at him. "Yes, daddy."

"Good girl," Thomasai would never call her Naomi. He smirked, "I want you to do it exactly in the way I tell you to, alright? I want you to do it neat and clean. Do you know what that means?"

Naomi nodded, "It means that not a trace will be left. Like they were never here. Spotless like a knife. No bodies. Not even a drop of blood."

"Clever girl!" He patted her on the head, and Naomi giggled. "Now, do you remember our friend, Theo?"

She nodded.

"I want you to keep him alive as much as possible. But if he gets in the way, squish him. Can you do that? Can you squish him like an ant?"

"Uh-huh! Yes, I can!"

"Once again, what are the three things you must do?"

In unison, they held up one finger, "One, capture the Vortex lady."

Then two, "Two, leave everything neat and clean."

Finally, "Three, keep Theo alive."

"Unless?"

"Unless he gets in the way. Then we squish him like a bug!"

He beamed, as if with joy, "You make me happier than anything else in the world, sweetie."

Thomasai stood up and pocketed the hand that touched Naomi, wiping it on his handkerchief.

"Now, my darling," He smirked, "make me proud."

She raised her arms, like a conductor readying the orchestra for a symphony. Twenty lifeless bodies, whose names were once John, Elisa, Zack, Marc, Fiona, James, Benny, Isa, Peter, Roni, Jenica, Paul, Adela, Roxanne, Adrienne, Roman, Alen, Martin, Luke, and Timothy, rose from the truck and levitated high in the air. Each died in different experiments, and many used to be Vagrants, Ferals, or even Guardians. Their bloated faces and bodies were beyond recognition. Droplets of water dripped from the dead, so Francis opened a large umbrella to keep the living dry.

Naomi squealed in delight like a child riding her bicycle, "Watch me, daddy! Here I go!"

It was a puppet theater, and the puppet master is a little monster. The bodies darted towards the beach. They circled the battlefield like vultures searching for prey, and then lunged for Landy all at once.

The devil watched the show, smiling in amusement.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 03-07-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: A truck following a BMW can't really be ordinary vehicles hiding in plain sight, right?

25. Likes Cross Avantgarde liked this post
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

(OOC: @Solsaiden Hel : That was spectacular! You got me. The same goes for your great handling of Goldmine. @All: Just as a reference, Piers’s familiarity with Jigsaw’s power is explained in Post #228).

Piers
    Sync: 97%

It seemed that as soon as Piers had extended his reach that he felt the boy in his arms. Theo had seemingly disappeared, and Piers pulled Aiden into his grasp so that Piers would land on his back and keep the boy from harm. The impact did not hurt too much, but it nearly knocked his breath out. Sliding on the sand for about 3 or 4 meters, he finally came to a halt. Piers turned to crouch over Aiden on the sand.

Done. Now I’ve just got to—

There was no time to finish the thought or even to react as the blade pierced the upper-left portion of his chest. As quick as he was, he was simply unprepared for the Retreiver’s trick, and it had cost him dearly.

Syncing usually reduces the pain one experiences as the nightmare shares in the punishment inflicted upon the body. Yet some individuals who stay separate while they sync experience the same pain that their respective nightmares feel, even becoming wounded themselves in the process. Yet it felt as if the pain was not reduced in the least as the blade stuck into Piers’s chest, and his grasp almost released entirely as he screamed in pain.

Piers had always tried to outwit his opponents instead of using brute force. Yet this time he had been thoroughly outwitted himself, and had received a grievous wound as a result. As he bent over in pain, he saw Titan out of the corner of his eye, and saw Cerise in the nightmare’s healing grasp. What had happened? And where was Glaiza? If he failed…

No…it ends here and now…

Sync: 100%

Piers grabbed what appeared to be Aiden’s shoulder as it was not in the form of a blade as his arm was. Instead of pushing the blade out, however, he held him there firmly on the sand, attempting to keep him from escaping. The force with which he held him there drove the blade into his chest deeper, and he felt that he couldn’t keep the boy pinned for long. His left arm was applying almost no pressure at all as the pain was too intense, so he relied on the strength from his right.

“Aiden!” he shouted. “Aiden, can you hear me?! Try to move! Try to control your own body, Aiden! Subdue that force that you feel controlling you!”

His strategy was twofold. Piers suspected that Theo’s disappearance was merely a quick sync with his host. If this was a mistaken notion, then the first part of his plan, which involved Aiden mastering his nightmare, would fail. And that is why there was a second facet to his plan.

Piers could feel the new power no doubt acquired from Jigsaw working already. He felt the nightmare part of his being examining the mind of the Retriever to find his deepest fears.

You put me in check with that move, Retriever, and I’ll give you credit for that. You’re a rare nightmare, but everyone is vulnerable at some point…

Piers was concentrating so hard that he barely noticed the many shadows that were dancing on the sandy beach. Had he noticed what was happening to Landy, he would have quickly abandoned his position to come to the aid of his devoted friend.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information