AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 75 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

OOC: I hope Jitters’s actions here are justified by what his psyche is going through. Since he doesn’t really know himself well, I’m hoping that will make his actions more plausible. Allow me to take this moment to remind those who may not have submitted their ideas to me to send a quick note if possible via PM. The end is near (I mean that in the best possible way) for the RPG, and I want all of you to be there. Sols will likely be unable to respond for a week or two, so you’ve got time. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Jitters

" I can't let you harm any innocent people." Ace said firing off a few warning shots at Jitters, " Even though you came from my First Mate I can't let you pass."

Jitters had succeeded in discovering the link between Aiden and the Retriever, but he was now being barred by both Titan and the rapidly approaching Cirocco. To make matters worse, the Retriever was also bounding towards him.

A trace of him, probably residual feelings from Piers still trapped in Skitters’s psyche, wanted to quickly deduce the right action. But Piers was an indecisive fool, Jitters reckoned, and he would not allow thinking on his feet to equate to inaction.

Knowing Titan and Cirocco through Piers’s residual memories, and knowing that their owners would react rationally, Jitters had a sudden idea. Before he could put it into action, however, he had to dodge the quickly attacking Cirocco, but stayed in close quarters just a bit to the nightmare’s left after darting out of the way.

“Titan, Cirocco, the Retriever is the real threat here!” His lofty, arrogant tone was lowered at the moment, likely because he was starting to remember things that had made him despise the Retriever.

“The boy here is key. I won’t hurt him. But I need to know what the Retriever fears the most, and the boy is our answer. Hold him off. I need time.”

The Retriever was almost there, and time was fading fast. Perhaps Skitters had been influenced by his work for the Guardians. The case wasn’t clear, but something in the amalgam that was once Skitters and Jigsaw was leading Jitters to the clear conclusion that there was one nightmare among them all that threatened everything around them.

It was a calculating nightmare, one that had its own plans, one that pulled the strings in places that were already rife with power. And if this nightmare was granted access to the power that Sigataph had displayed, the results would be beneficial to no one. Thus it was this selfish bit of almost altruistic sentiment that led Jitters to plead for the tenuous alliance that he was attempting to form. That, and the fact that something deep inside despised the Retriever, and wanted vengeance—however hollow—for what a little girl had been through.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

OOC: Sorry for the long break but I'm back

Role: Vagrant
    Items: N/A

The nightmare quickly ran past Rod in an attempt to go after a civilian but Rod was hot on his trail.
    " I won't let you get away from me." Rod said as he started speeding up, " Get back here!!!"
    Rod was slowly catching up to him while Ace dealt with Jitters.

Ace started to wonder about the connection between The Retriever and Jitters but he had to handle the business at hand.
    " Aye, but how do I know ye won't try to mutiny if I let ye' pass?" Ace said as he had one of his pistols a few inches from Jitters' face, " If you try anything I'll end you on sight."
    Ace had let Jitters' pass because he belonged to his friend Piers. If it was another reason, he wouldn't have allowed no such thing. He stepped in front of Jitters and waited for The Retriever so he could intercept him along with Rod.
    " Jitters, remember what training you and Piers went through." Ace said putting his pistols away, "Do not attack the civilian but see what you can find."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

(My apologies. My RP skills have rusted from lack of practice.)

Cirocco

Role: Guardian

"Retriever? You mean, that teenage kid there is the real threat?" Cirocco asked, stopping in his tracks. He had to try something out.

"ROD, DODGE ME!!!" The horse suddenly broke into a gallop towards the teenage Nightmare and physically tackled him. Aiden shouted in pain. Theo flew in the air, rolled a few feet, and landed in sea water.

"Huh! Seems you're right, Jitters. That kid and that Nightmare are a pair. You know, I can pretty much guess that if I kill you, Piers will die. Guardian HQ won't be too happy about that. So here is plan A."

"Hey Rod!" The horse called, "You want this war to end? Don't just fight him! KILL HIM! Kill him quick! Kill the teenager-looking Nightmare! Save this town and kill that monster thing quick!"

Theo / Aiden
    Role: Feral

Theo spat out a mouthful of sand and water. Jitters was trying to get the Guardians on his side. If he succeeds, Theo would be at a severe disadvantage.

He looked straight at Rod.

"What will you gain by fighting me? I'm just a Feral Nightmare, trying to survive. Rod, aren't you and I the same? Don't you know how many of us THEY have killed? The Guardians think they can clean this world of us! Whose side are you on?"

Theo walked towards Aiden, making himself a shield between his Human and the other Nightmares.

"Whatever happens, I won't let you hurt this kid. Hear that, lil bro?"

Aiden suddenly snapped back to reality. Only one person called him that, and he thought that person had died. Could it really be? "Theodore?"

"That's right. It's me. Even if this is just all a horrible nightmare, you'll wake up soon and everything will be alright. As long as you trust me. I'll protect you. No matter what. 'Cause we're brothers, yeah?" Theo gave a confident grin, one that the truly dead Theodore would actually give.

"Y… yeah!" Even this dream Theodore told him this was just a nightmare. But he knew he could trust his brother, even if things did not make sense anymore.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jitters

The Guardians were being amenable, but two problems were presenting themselves at the moment, two problems that Jitters could have done without. While Ace was ready to act, Cirocco had taken the impression that the human boy’s life was as good as forfeited given the fact that such a move would eliminate the Retriever’s threat. While this was true, some residual feeling from Skitters’s host, Piers, along with Jigsaw’s own feelings towards one young human girl prompted Jitters to merely wish to discover the boy’s greatest fear. With that knowledge, Jitters would be able to immobilize the nightmare, a skill that Jigsaw’s powers were predicated upon.

But something, some sinking suspicion told Jitters that it wasn’t quite that simple. This was likely coming from Jigsaw’s residual memories, but Jitters didn’t seem to have full access to such memories. In the meantime, he simply had to do the best he had with the position he’d found himself in. Now the Retriever was blocking his path to the boy, and the surest route to victory was jeopardized.

“Cirocco, that’s not necessary,” Jitters said without diverting his gaze from the Retriever. “If you and Ace can simply get the Retriever out of my way, I’m confident I can end this without any harm to the humans present. That’s what you Guardians want, right? And considering that there are other troubles at the moment, I encourage you to make that your course of action.” Jitters was referencing Sean and the incapacitated Landy to further instill a sense of urgency in his allies.

“And when I get what I want, Retriever,” Jitters said in almost a snarl, “I’ll pay you in spades for what you put Madeleine through.”

The name seemed to give a sort of meaning behind his plan, and a feeling of vindictive justice began to occupy the bulk of his emotions.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rod had come a long way up to this point and to think someone would ask him who's side is he on.

"I'm on no one's side." Rod said with no hint of wavering in his voice, "I protect those that I care about and that's all there is to it. If other Guardians come for me then I will accept it and fight for my loved ones just like you're trying to do for your host."

Rod felt his dark energy rise from his feelings of being alone and having no one to protect and it suddenly erupted from within him causing the air around him to turn black.

" I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU BUT IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP AND SURRENDER NOW I CAN'T GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY!!!!!" Rod bellowed as the darkness began to spread,"You're surrounded so what do you choose?"

Suddenly, Zen appeared behind the human host and grabbed him so he couldn't move. He then jumped a few feet away from the battle zone, with Aiden, and placed him in the sand.

"It's getting dangerous here and it's time for you to leave." Zen said with a serious look, " I won't hurt your brother but he must be stopped since he attacked my friends. It's your choice to leave or return but make sure you don't second guess yourself with your choice."

Zen disappeared into thin air and reappeared behind the retriever waiting for the signal. While he waited, his light energy radiated from his body giving off a slight warmth as it grew.

" Retriever, you must leave before your host gets caught up in this and ends up getting killed from your foolish mistakes." Zen said waiting for him to slip up, "If you still want to fight then I'll be your opponent and no one else will interfere."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

(OOC: ;n; I wish this RP would get moving again. I miss it. It's like everyone just fell off the face of the earth and forgot about it though. >.<")
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Theo

(@Red : Well... there's only four of us left. You guys want to end the RP now? I honestly don't think any of the others will come back. So I suggest… we play with whoever is present and end it. Let’s start with Theo or Aiden’s death. Anyone mind killing Theo or Aiden?)

" I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU BUT IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP AND SURRENDER NOW I CAN'T GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY!!!!!" Rod bellowed as the darkness began to spread, "You're surrounded so what do you choose?"

Theo laughed, “Since when have you ever assured my safety?”

He was too distracted at the humorous remarks that he did not notice Aiden taken away from his side. Theo whirled around in horror – They have Aiden, he could die at any moment!

But Zen gently placed the boy on the sand, as Cerise had with Piers and Karn.

What the-? What is he doing? Didn’t he realize that if he just stabbed the boy the whole game will end?

No.

The bottom line was that they absolutely refused to hurt Aiden.

That’s just… utterly hilarious.

Theo’s usual cold countenance changed. He laughed harder than before, as if his was already the last.

“Aiden is a resilient boy, you know. I’m sure he can take whatever you throw at me.” Theo smirked at Rod, at Zen, and at Jitters. When Zen appeared behind him again, he just spread his arms wide as if he was about to get nailed on a cross.

“Well then, come. Show me your spades.”

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OCC: I am completely okay with this. I want to see it have a proper end, even if it is impeded by the lack of players.)

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Green Ribbon
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2015 01:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Danger Duchess

(OOC: Not necessarily just 4. I've been meaning to join back in, however, I've been working on starting another RP on here this time without a Co-GM. So as soon as I'm done I will try to join back. I might have to just jump back in the action randomly since my characters' last post were pages before.)
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Do as you will, ladies. ^^)

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC- Idk what to do. D: My character is writhing in the sand as people batlle out who's going to kill whom.)

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @ Luka: I’m going to have Yorick wait on you, but don’t rush; this is in reference to post #2075. @Red : Landy has been out for her share of posts, so I think bringing her in at any time would be fine. What if she finally reigned in Sigataph and got control of her…? Just a thought, and you can go any direction you like from here. @Sol s: I’m putting my vote in for Aiden to live; any other votes?

@ All: This entire RPG has been amazing. Shall we bring it to a beautiful and deserved end? Ah, and don’t forget that we can have an epilogue of sorts to see what happens to everyone.

Jitters

Things were becoming complicated. Yet these complications did provide an opportunity for Jitters that he could not ignore. His eagerness to act was compounded by his anger over the Retriever’s blatant taunting; in fact, he’d spread open his arms, practically welcoming an attack.

Perhaps he’d picked up his tendency to deliberate over his plan from his brief stay in the mind of Piers. Since Theo was not acting at the moment and seemed to instead be welcoming an attack, Jitters took a moment to carefully weigh his actions.

Thesis: The Retriever had to be defeated, and Zen was offering to fight the Retriever one-on-one. Several Guardians were also present.

Antithesis: Aiden was removed from the fray at the moment, and Jitters needed to get into his mind to discover his fear. The remnants of his memory from Jigsaw simply were not enough to go off. The Guardians, though present, were mostly out of commission at present. And worst of all, the Retriever seemed to be at full strength.

Synthesis: The werewolf-looking nightmare could hold the Retriever at bay while Jitters got the information he needed from Aiden. If possible, the incapacitated Guardians might be brought back into the fight, but that would rely upon someone other than Jitters.

Turning quickly to Zen, Jitters spoke as clearly as he could. He was sure that things would go terribly wrong if they failed for one instant to take the Retriever seriously. “I appreciate your willingness to step in, and I’m going to have to ask that you do just that. If the human there will help,” he said, speaking of Rod, “that would be advisable. Think you can buy me some time?” Jitters had to once again get over to Aiden in order to get what he needed. “I promise not to hurt the Retriever’s host,” he added to Zen.

Then, speaking aloud to the others, Jitters said, “If anyone here can get our incapacitated allies back on their feet, we might find ourselves with an advantage. That’s out of my control, so I leave that task to anyone able.”

Turning back to look at Rod and Zen quickly before resting his eyes on the Retriever, Jitters said, “Don’t underestimate him. As much as I hate to admit it, he’s not exactly the underdog he appears to be right now…”

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Cross Avantgarde
    Role: Watcher
    Items: Empty Pill Bottle, Cell Phone, Scissors

Chinatsu looked down and thought for a moment. Why should she go with him? Sure, she wanted to stay with Yorick and go, but what could she do to help? All she wanted to do is help her friends, the ones who gave her a home at the Guardian HQ. They were the ones she cared about. Though her body and mind was against it, her heart answered. "I'm going with you. I don't care whether I'm of help or not, I don't care if this battle kills me. You guardians gave me a place and a reason not to be on the run anymore. I need to go with you."

She grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. "We're in this together, Yorick. You can't get rid of me now." She smiled slightly and let go of his hand. "I just have to do something real quick." Walking in the opposite direction, Chinatsu made her way to her room and stepped inside the vanity mirror. Grabbing scissors out of the drawer, she held her hair at the nape of her neck. Closing her eyes, she promptly cut her hair off and held it in her hand.

Her hair was much shorter now, only reaching her shoulders. She tied her hair and threw it in the wastebasket near her bed. Running out of her room, she burst back in front of Yorick. "If I might die today, I wanted to die in style." She joked, slipping her hand back into his. "Now come on. We've got people to save."
    Last edited by Luka Megurine; 01-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rod knew that Theo was not an ordinary human at all. No, A better suggestion would be that Theo was actually a nightmare the entire time. Rod had been in plenty of battles but he knew fighting with this nightmare was different from fighting the now deceased Styx and his master Ozman.

" Get ready for this "Retriever", cause you won't live to tell about it later." Rod said getting into a new stance," Behold the teachings of our master and his style he taught us. Seito Gekken!!!"

Rod disappeared leaving a black after image in his place until it looked like there were four Rod's around Theo. Rod, then, quickly unleashed a barrage of palm strikes and kicks that were as hard as steel.

" Let's see how you handle this." Rod said as his power began to grow.

While Rod was fighting with the Retriever, Ace decided to stay near Karn and Piers to make sure they wouldn't get hurt. He hurriedly moved to where the two sleepy forms of Karn and Piers were.

"Piers, my first mate, I'll get you fixed up in no time and the same goes for you as well Karn." Ace said as Titan began to swallow them both, " Stay in there for a while until help arrives."

Ace knew Titan could only heal so much of their wounds so he attempted to call HQ over the radio near them.

" Captain Ace Whitefang to HQ!!!! I have two Guardians down and a nightmare problem unlike any other!!!" Ace yelled through the radio hoping it would get to them, " I need any availabe Guardians to come to Conifer Beach Now!!!!"

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(@Red&Stiletto and most everyone else: Heads up ^^)

Cerise

Cerise suddenly gasped as Ace's Nightmare swallowed Piers. She kept herself informed about the capabilities of most Guardian Nightmares, and knew Titan could save her comrades. But the description of their capabilities in the Gu.I.L.A. can never prepare her for when they actually acted out their powers. Many times, they have horrified her or worse. They are, after all, people's worst nightmares. Cerise looked away and steeled herself.

Some distance away, her Nightmare was making a protest.

WHAT? Cirocco sputtered at Jitters, Seriously? You're gonna just NOT pummel the dude? You're exactly like that dumb blond! I've been telling Cerise to throw him into a pit of decapitated Guardians to show him what the real world is like, but noooo. You're never gonna save anyone! HELLOOOO-! This is war, not a tea party!

When Zen started attacking the teenage Nightmare, Cirocco was overjoyed that at last, someone got the right idea.

YEAH! He pawed the air and chanted, Go, Zen! Go! Kill him! KILL HIM!

Not wanting to be left out of the fun, he trotted up to the teenage-looking Nightmare and delivered a nice back-kick to his chest.

Watch this, mister! THIS is how we Guardians save the world! SHOW NO MERCY!

Not too far away, Cerise rolled her eyes and was silently thankful no one else can actually hear her obnoxious Nightmare. Unless they had the power to, of course.

If Ace will take care of Piers and Karn, then she was free to help the others. It did not seem like they needed another one to join the fray, since they were only up against one Nightmare.

She kept her eyes on the other players while silently making her way towards the writhing and screaming girl on the sand. As she saw the sheer agony on the girl's face, Cerise felt a tenderness in her heart and anger at those who would cause this to her.

"My name is Cerise Reid." She said, kneeling beside the girl, "I'm here for you. Can you hear me?"

Aiden

"AH-!"

They came like fireballs, as if an invisible crowd was stoning him. Each sharp pain that exploded all over his body made him cry out. The agonized yelps of a boy resonated with the screams of a girl in the empty air of the beach. Aiden fell to his knees, hugging his chest.

What was happening? His body was in pain all on its own? Maybe it was all just a horrible dream. Like the time Theodore beat him up. None of this was real. He just needed wake up. Wake up, Aiden. WAKE UP!

Aiden heard the sound of agitated earth and water. He looked up and saw the wolf monster and the skeleton horse land a punch and a kick on Theodore's chest. At the same time, his own chest felt as if it would burst. Aiden fell on all fours and spat out blood.

"STOP!" He suddenly cried, forgetting the agony in his body, "Get away from him!"

It did not register in his mind that Theodore was actually smiling even as he was pummelled by punches, or that every time his brother received a blow, it was Aiden who felt pain. Whether it was a dream or not, he just wanted to save Theodore.

Aiden forced himself to get up despite the torment all over his body. He hobbled towards them as fast as he could and placed himself between his brother and the monsters.

"DON'T!" He feebly spread his arms and his legs shook as he tried to stand. Blood trickled down his chin, but determination blazed in his eyes as he allowed his body to become the shield that would protect his loved one.

"Don't hurt him! He's my brother!"

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

OOC: Funny how you shut your eyes for a quick nap and suddenly you have been asleep for so long and missed so much. Feels good to stretch the old arms.
    I'm back to help. Time to get back into my favorate villain.

Thanatos
    Sync: N/A

Thanatos looked up as if breaking out of a trance. He felt his target begin to move. He looked over to Arcelia.
    "Make your choice girl. If you pick right one catch up with me."
    With that Thanatos burst off towards the source he was tracking. With things begining to come to a close he had one last piece he needed before his plan was done. He jumped from roof to roof heedless of any that took notice. He began to hum. A requiem, but not one he reconised himself. As he hummed his power flowed out around him. The shape of a butterfly began to form next to him. The watcher was the last piece he needed. He knew here to find her and he knew what he needed. Suddenly he felt a sharp sting. He looked down to see his little finger dissolve off his left hand. Jace's body was falling apart faster then he thought. He smiled. He had enough time.

As he landed before the HQ he reached his hand forward and crushed his butterfly with his hands. As he did hundreds burst forth and flew into the HQ. As they landed on people they were pulled into an Illusionary world. Thanatos was waiting for them inside that world. The world took the form of a wide open arena.
    "Watcher, watcher where are you?" He called.

OOC: Chinatsu and Yorick Thanatos is after you.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Location- Conifer Beach
    Items- N/A

Landy can just enough into conciousness to hear the last part of what was being said. "-re you okay?" as a female voice, clear and rather close to her. Her eyes shot open immediately and locked onto the face of the woman kneeling beside her. Panic gripped her heart as she attempted to surpress her screams. "Don't touch me!" she yelled as another wave of pain rolled through her body. Sigataph was still whilring around in her body, burning her veins and singing her heart as she tried to get back out. "Water! I need the water!" she cried, curling her fingers into the sand. If she could just cool this fire, just assauge it for a few seconds, she could get her under control. She was sure of it. Her body was racked with another wave of fever and she could feel herself starting to sweat. Her thoughts became fuzzier by the second, as if the fire within was melting her brain. "I need water," she said, closing her eyes and clenching her teeth to keep from screaming. She opened her eyes again, rolling her head to the side. She could see the water. It was so close. If only she could get to it.

(OOC: Cerise can't touch Landy because she is the Vortex. Even though Sigataph is sort of under control for the moment, her powers haven't been gone away. Thats why Landy is in so much pain right now.)

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(It's great to have you back, Valk! =^^=)

Cerise

The Guardian was not sure if the girl was friend or foe. Just a few moments ago she tore Grey completely out of Karn, and Cerise had every reason to eliminate her. Yet the girl was asking for water, which would logically weaken her fiery Nightmare. The girl could be a Feral and knew nothing about Nightmares. In any case, if she had any powers left, she would not be writhing on the sand and crying for help.

Cirocco was just about to deliver yet another kick to the Retriever when a sharp female voice cut him off.

Cirocco!

Aw…! Just when we were actually making progress!

He stopped mid-kick and grudgingly cantered towards Cerise, who was kneeling next to a girl.

“Use the winds to cover her completely with water.” She spoke in straightforward orders, indicating he should take this seriously, “I don’t have the strength to synchronize with you. Think you can cause a wave to reach this far? Make sure it doesn’t reach any of the others.”

Turning towards the direction of the waters, Cirocco neighed and pawed at the air as if he was about to charge. The winds built up, causing sea and sand to rise.

Here you go, little lady! A great wave crashed onto shore, covering Cerise, Cirocco, and the girl in water.

After a fast few seconds, the deluge subsided.

“Are you alright?” Cerise asked. Her clothes were drenched in water, but it was always better than being drenched in blood.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 01-18-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Font :|

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

A great wave crashed down, carrying away the fire that had seconds ago threatened to engulf her. Landy was finally able to cap Sigataph, shoving her deep down inside where she couldn't get out. She was finally able to muster the energy to roll onto her side and cough up all the water she had accidentally swallowed. As she sputtered into the sand, the woman began showing concern for her. "Yeah... I'm fine..." she managed between spurts of coughing and panting for air. Despite all that, she really did feel much better. "Thanks," she mumbled, collapsing back into the soft sand as she struggled to level her breathing.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: Another mention for you, Valk. Just in a different topic. @Valkarma
    Role: Watcher
    Items: Cell Phone, Empty Pill Bottle

Chinatsu let go of Yorick's hand as she noticed they weren't in HQ. Her head spinned as she tried to process what had just happened. "I don't understand..." She mumbled to herself. She looked around, spinning in circles. "Wait a minute, could it be.." It couldn't be him, could it? She doubtfully thought.

"Watcher, watcher where are you?" He called.

She panicked and jumped up as she heard the voice. "It's him!" She hoarsely whispered. Her curiosity made her want to go to him, but something in her gut kept her from doing so. He saved her life and that was the one thing that haunted her mind. She knew he was bad, that he could hurt or, possibly even, kill someone. Going against her gut, she walked towards the direction of the voice, before stopping. "I'm here!" She called out, her voice loud enough to reach through the corridors.

Arcelia
    Items: Cell Phone, Mp3, Rusty Cleaver

Arcelia watched as he walked away and smiled. Jace could be hers again and all she had to do was join him. "My boy, Jacey." She said to herself, melodic. Turning to Damian, she smirked and took the cleaver away from his body. "My dear Damey, would you be so kind as to change with me?" She asked, extending her hand to him.

"Celia, he's just going to-""That was a rhetorical question, now mold with me, Damian." She said, raising her voice. The demon sighed and grabbed her hand, dissipating almost instantly.

Sync: 20%

Arcelia began to run as fast as she could to where Thanatos had gone. Her changed body was much slimmer and agile, allowing her to run faster than she originally could. She'd be able to see the man she loved again and that's all that mattered to her. Sooner than she last thought, Jace would be hers again.
    Last edited by Luka Megurine; 02-01-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

OOC: Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was waiting to give Cross some time to post as yorick but he has up and vanished on us. So this won't be as long as I want it to be.

Thanatos
    Sync: N/A

The crowd appeared with an almighty roar. Still forms, human in shape but lacking any features. The noise was louder then anything yet they made no movement, had no mouths to make the noise and no eyes to stare. They were cold. Thanatos smiled as he looked around as one by one people where dragged into his world. Power leaked from his body as he pushed it's limits. He twitched as the forms began to panic. With a flick of his hands a spike impaled one. The worker twitched and coughed before vanishing from the world.

Richard

One of the workers filing some reports away feel dead to the floor clutching his chest. No marks were left on his body. It was as if it just chose to die.

Thanatos

With that one act the other soon noticed him there. They began to panic and run but with this world there was no true escape. As Thanatos grew disgusted with them and their weak existance. As he began to feel his bloodlust rise a voice called out.

"I'm here!" She called out, her voice loud enough to reach through the corridors.

"Watcher watcher." He called back, her form slowly appearing with his realm. "What a pleasure it is to see you again. I hope you had kept well? I have come to collect my pay." He mocked her as he spun his finger in the air with a 'naughty naughty' look about it. "You have had your time. Now I need mine." He glared at her. "The hourglass is running dry. Are you going to make this difficult or have we learned some common sense?"

OOC:
    A note on the illusion world as an update.
    As a watcher you are immune to any affects the word has (e.g. fire, that spike thing) in fact everything but those brought in it.
    Touch the butterfly that flies around it will random change what the word is (if you touch it you can choose)

OOC: @Solsaiden Hel Richard is a nobody. Just felt like giving a name to the faceless person Thantos just killed.
    Last edited by Valkarma; 02-03-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Valkarma : Who's Richard?
    @Red&Stiletto : Er... feel free to do something Hahaha...

Theo

THE VORTEX WAS TOUCHABLE.

The quick black dog jumped over the oblivious boy. He streaked across the sand towards the Vortex girl.

YOU'RE MINE!

His body became half a shadow, his face was something half canine and half human. Sharp teeth bared as he snarled at the Guardian girl. His right leg a blur as it whizzed through the air. Though the Guardian girl managed to block the attack with her arms, it sent her crashing down onto the sand. A sound like a rifle shot cracked through the air - one or both of her arms had broken. She gave a cry of pain. He was too quick. Half animal, half shadow, fully Nightmare.

Theo took the girl with both arms. At that moment, he felt that he belonged with her, like a long-lost orphan who found his mother. He smiled hungrily, "Don't worry, little Lady. I'll keep you safe from the Guardians. Kana wouldn't want you to go back there, would she? Run away with me."
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-03-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Mention feature thingy

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC- :o Oh dear. I feel I've missed something. Also, I hope I don't screw a bunch of junk up with this post. Sorry if I do. >.<")

Location- Conifer Beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy gave a shout of terror as the charging black dog crashed into the nice woman who had helped her get Sigataph under control. Her hands and feet dug frantically into the sand as she tried to peddle backwards, away from the creature but the sand slid futilely under her. "What... what are you?" she asked, choking a little on the water that was still in her lungs. Despite her heaving coughs, she never broke eye contact with the wolven creature. Dread filled her and a few tears slipped down her cheeks. Why was all of this happening to her? What had she ever done to deserve this? Why couldn't she just go back to her normal life? She felt something snap inside of her.

Suddenly she was standing in a dark stone room. Torches all along the walls flared to life as a scorching red figure walked her way, heels clicking on glistening stone floors. Landy didn't know the figure but there was something strikingly familiar about her, as if she knew her from somewhere. Who was this woman? The woman's eyes flew open and then did Landy realize they had been closed. The other womans eyes were a piercing green and dug straight into her soul. "But you know who I am, don't you, love?" came a silky voice. It seems to surround her, like the air was speaking to her, but the woman's eyes said otherwise.

Sigataph.

The name rang in her ears and things became clear. This was the haunt of her dreams. This was the shadow that had been tailing her moves. This was her Nightmare. She couldn't supress the small gasp of surprise.

"So you're the trouble, then? You're the one who's been doing all of this?" Landy asked, throwing the words at Sigataph as tears rolled down her face.

"Ah ah ah, my dear. To correct that statement, you would have to say that YOU have been the one doing all of this. I am meerly a manifestation of you, darling. Didn't you know?" Sigataph asked, her cold voice passing over her lips like sugar and hitting Landy's ears like poison. It seemed true for a moment but she regained herself quickly.

'NO!' she thought. 'This isn't me! This isn't who I am! I am not Sigataph!'

She reaffirmed herself as she took slow delliberate steps toward the firey woman.

'This isn't me!'
    'This isn't who I am!'
    'I am not Sigataph!'

And then she was right in front of her. Some of the light had left Sigataph's eyes and now permeated Landy's. She seemed worried for the first time.

"I am not you, Sigataph," she said. She lifted her hand and placed a finger tip over the place where Sigataph's heart should be. She gave a smile and pushed. She was on the ground in seconds, doubled over in pain and things went black again. When she opened her eyes, she was on the beach again. The sand was warm under her, the waves crashed nearby, the sounds of battle rung through the air, and a large black dog loomed over her. Everything was the same, but everything felt different. And her eyes were glowing green. Emerald green. She stood up slowly and curled her fingers. Fire began forming around her hand and she stared at the black dog intently. "What are you're intentions?" she asked, her voice cold and clear.

(OOC- Sorry it's so long. ;~; I hope it's okay! Also, she didn't actually go anywhere. To anyone else, it just looked like she blinked.)

24. Likes Cross Avantgarde liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Theo

Her voice changed, indicating a complete shift in personality. Nothing less can be expected from the Vortex. Theo would actually be surprised if the source of all Nightmares was in any way predictable. Next to them, the woman moaned in pain, holding onto her useless and painful left arm.
    "I don't care for myself." He began quietly, slightly letting her go. "I just want my brother's freedom. He has forgotten his past, his real brother, and he has had to endure pain brought about by my own nature."
    He indicated the light-haired boy who had seen him half-transform and was opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water.

This is a dream, he heard the boy think. It just has to be.
    "Help my little brother be free of me, be free of the suffering I cause him, milady, and I'll do as you command. Anything."

Cerise / Cirocco

Cerise knew this is not a wound that would heal quickly.
    Cirocco felt the pain as well. His neigh sounded like a shriek, and he fell backwards as if someone had cut his legs from beneath him. Well, it could be taken literally.
    Cerise! Cerise!
    He dragged himself across the sand towards her, and when he was close enough, disappeared into her mind.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-04-2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: color

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Luka Megurine ; @Valkarma : So sorry to put both of you so far behind, and sorry to everyone for unintentionally stalling. Coming back to read so many posts was heart-warming; you guys are beyond awesome.

Piers

Better.

He felt better. But what did he feel? It was hard to explain, but it felt as if he were waking from a deep sleep that was more or less peaceful.

Movement.

He was moving. Slowly, it seemed. He remembered how his mother used to rock him as a child.

“Mother?” he murmured within Titan’s enveloped hold on him. Slowly he began the laborious attempt to open his eyes.

Jitters

Cirocco was insulting his methodology, but that actually made sense in a way. Jitters may have even sympathized with such a view himself. Yet something told him that there was a simpler way, and the way rested within the boy who was sprawled upon the ground in agony. He raced over to him.

The nightmare was being deservedly pelted; it was satisfying to Jitters. At the same time, however, he felt repugnance at the fact that the boy before him had to suffer for the Retriever’s due blows. Suddenly the Retriever made his way toward Landy, wounding Cerise as he did so. Jitters had to act fast. He knelt down to the boy and spoke directly at him, though the boy seemed almost incapable of paying strict attention.
    “This’ll be over soon, young one. Trust me. Or not. Either way, it doesn’t matter. Just know that I don’t exactly like seeing you in pain for some absurd reason, and I’m going to try to play my hand and bring this to an end. But first, I have to find out what you fear most. So, if you’ll excuse me…”
    Jitters lowered himself even more and peered straight into the boy’s face. A power that he hadn’t used since he’d been known simply as Jigsaw began to manifest itself.

Yorick
    Location: Guardian HQ (affected by Thanatos’s illusion, currently in the form of an arena).

“Uh...” Yorick managed to say when Chinatsu came back into the room. “Yeah, yeah...let’s go.” She looked stunning, and he was amazed at what a difference a hairstyle made on a woman. But his stunned mind was still able to foster the feelings of protection that he had towards her. This battle had the potential to be horrible, from what it sounded like over the radio via Ace’s message. He had to protect her at all costs.

Suddenly a feeling stranger than the one that comes with being enamored flooded him. The walls, the entire HQ itself, seemed to change into something neither real, nor fake. He was...was he in an arena?!

“Chinatsu, what’s going—”

He stopped short when he heard a voice that could only be described as eerie seem to echo all around him. "Watcher, watcher where are you?" Who was that? Why was he calling for Chinatsu? Or did he mean Melinda?

“Chinatsu, don’t listen! Stay close to me!” he screamed in desperation. It was happening again. Just like with Anna, he was going to lose—

"I'm here!" She called out, her voice loud enough to reach through the corridors.

"Watcher watcher." He called back, her form slowly appearing with his realm. "What a pleasure it is to see you again. I hope you had kept well? I have come to collect my pay." He mocked her as he spun his finger in the air with a 'naughty naughty' look about it. "You have had your time. Now I need mine." He glared at her. "The hourglass is running dry. Are you going to make this difficult or have we learned some common sense?"

Was he truly in an arena? Why couldn’t he see Chinatsu? “Chinatsu! Don’t go to him!” Yorick screamed as he ran near the edge of the arena. Where was everyone? Stepping onto the arena floor, he began his frantic search for Chinatsu.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information