AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 58 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: None

GLAIZA'S POV

"Haaaay," I sigh out loud, as I sink deeper into the bathtub and blowing at the bubbles.

I wish I could say that I can't believe what's going on, but above everything else that has happened, this is pretty tame.

I just really wish Sean would tone down on the whole waking up somewhere totally random. Makes me even wonder how he knew where Landy's house is. Maybe he didn't do it on purpose, maybe he just got lucky or something.

"Haaaaay," I sigh again.

Hmmm, the bath salts smell really nice. It just calms everything down. In fact I haven't felt so relaxed in such a long time...

SEAN'S POV

I step out of the bathroom fully dressed, and looked around for the girl with the stupid cat. I'm fully dressed in the clothes she lent me.

"Landy?"

I smiled when I found her sitting by herself on her couch. I notice that the cat is getting agitated again, but this time I ignore it. There will come a time for you, french kitty.

For now, I'll have to satisfy myself with you, Landy.

"So do you want to go to the Teaberry, together?"
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: FINALLY!....I posted. lol My internet isn't working so well back home but I try to make an effort to use the internet even though it makes me crazy. If anyone is looking for character interaction, my watcher is in the coffee shop.

Role: Vagrant
    Sync Level: 25%
    Items: N/A

Meril remained camouflaged within the trees to keep herself concealed from Rod. Moir remained at the back of Meril's mind but reassured her with her kind words of worry.

"Meril, do you think this is right? Challenging Rod all the time? I mean, we could finish this by just jumping in the lake. It's not that big of a deal if we lose. What are you trying to prove?"
    Meril continued to listen and considered Moir to be a small bug buzzing annoyingly in her ear.

"I believe this is fine Moir, there is nothing wrong with a little rough housing. Is there something wrong with us rough housing a lot?" Meril paused from being slightly irritated from her last question. "I am not proving anything to Rod. We're just having fun." Moir scowled and allowed Meril to continue her fun. Meril peeked her head out of a tree for a moment and soon spotted Rod. She found a bush to hide and camouflage in but she did not realize it was a rose bush. Meril had gotten a small cut on her right shoulder from a thorn. As she was cleaning the blood, she could hear the movement from Rod. Meril remained in the rose bush till she could spot him more clearly.
    ----------------------------------
    Role: Watcher
    Items: Purse

Ardelle had gotten her order of cheesecake and tea after sketching a beautiful rose that was in a vase on top of the table. She greatly admired the rose and absolutely loved drawing roses. Ardelle believed roses symbolized her in a very complex way. She took a bite of the cheesecake and continued to sketch a picture of people walking outside of the shop. Ardelle was very curious about some strangers walking by. She found them to be very peculiar.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

Nerisa
    Role: Feral
    Items: Newspaper

“Hey,” she replied with a smile. “Actually, no. I’m in the process of moving in.” She grasped the woman’s hand in a firm handshake and a nod of her head.

"Ohh!" Nerisa smiled. "A new tenant. That would explain it. This place," she waved a hand to the stately apartment, "Only attracts quirky people." she laughed, "But don't you worry, it's a good thing."

“Since you know my name, I think it’s only fair I get to know yours,” Seda told her. “You are…?”

"My name's Nerisa Megara. You can call me Ner." she smiled. "My room is at the 3rd floor as you know. I'm pretty sure Mr O'Raely had you acquainted with the rest of the tenants... and some other.." Nerisa laughed.

"I heard you were going to the Oakwood High. Do you mind if we go together? I'm heading that way myself."

++

Egie
    Role: Watcher Nightmare
    Items: Newspaper

“Life is too short to go on sad and feeling sorry for yourself.”

Egie smiles at the man singing to himself. He seems engrossed in is own world, singing his way along the supermarket.

She follows him for some time, watching him dance to the beat of his earphones. She can feel an aura in him..

Egie reaches out her hand and tugs at the man's shirt.

"Mister, please help me.." she says, her eyes a little watery.. "Please help me, I think I'm lost"

(OOC:Yeah, I'm starting over with Egie.. LOL.. I can't seem to tie her in the preceeding plot.. Have to apologize for the short post )

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 09:42 AM
    Threads

Seda:
    Role: Guardian
    Items: Guardian Radio, cellphone, wallet

"Ohh!" Nerisa smiled. "A new tenant. That would explain it. This place," she waved a hand to the stately apartment, "Only attracts quirky people." she laughed, "But don't you worry, it's a good thing."

Seda thought about Mrs. Pillsbury, her cats, and the boys who lived in the apartment next to her and felt a smile coming to her lips. “Heh, yeah, I figured out that much. There’s also that dog that jumped on me once I came in. Is his name really Huckleberry Finn?” she asked.

"My name's Nerisa Megara. You can call me Ner." she smiled. "My room is at the 3rd floor as you know. I'm pretty sure Mr O'Raely had you acquainted with the rest of the tenants... and some other.." Nerisa laughed.

"I heard you were going to the Oakwood High. Do you mind if we go together? I'm heading that way myself."

“Ah, you must be the woman who works for the newspaper? I think I’m in the apartment next to yours,” she said. “And I haven’t met any of the other tenants personally, but I hope to get to soon enough.”

Seda stretched her arms over her head. “Sure, let’s head on over there together. I’d like to hear more about the other people I’ll be living in the same building with.”

---

Items: Camera bag, iPod (from inside camera bag)

Marcelo felt someone tugging at his shirt. “Hm?” He pulled off his headphones and turned to look. “Aw, why the tears, hun?” he bent down a little to look the girl in the eyes. “Ah, hold on…”

He dug through his pockets and found a clean handkerchief. “Here you go,” he said as he handed her the white cloth. “Now, did you lose your mom or dad? Do you know a number we can call?”

Not knowing where I'm going; but I know where I've been...

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Yorick
    Items: Guardian radio

Yorick had a little trouble figuring out which happened first. He remembered gaining on Alanna for fear of losing her, and a collision of some sort. It was not the collision that boggled his mind—far from it. Instead, it was his amazing streak of luck that had now placed him in front of, as Yorick would (and did) think,

Two amazing hotties in one hour. Lady Luck, you’re next.

Problem was, the new girl seemed to be taken. In fact, the man behind her held her in a loving embrace, and the two seemed to surely be a couple. "Your mistake. I except..." he heard the dark-haired boy say before abruptly stopping and staring at Alanna with an expression that was hard to describe. Suddenly, the female member of the couple screamed something in Spanish at them.

Somehow I don’t think she’s asking for my number. It did sound cute, though…

Though he felt bad for Alanna falling down, Yorick hoped that it had taken her mind off whatever had caused her to dart away earlier. Maybe, strangely enough, the fall had calmed her down.

Whatever the case, Yorick stood up and helped her up. “Well, it wasn’t a glass door this time; that’s progress, right?” he joked as he helped her up. As he did so he noticed that the dark-haired boy with deep, brooding eyes was still looking at Alanna with a somewhat shocked expression. Though the young man looked lovestruck, there seemed to be much more to his person than a glance could reveal.

Oh great; I bet this is her overprotective brother…and look at those eyes! Okay, what now…

“Sorry about the collision, you two,” Yorick said through his classic, sideways smile. He looked at the young man and then back to Alanna. “You two know each other, I take it? Well, that just leaves us two for introductions, am I right?” He looked at Arcelia, even though he had not formally met the young man yet. Still, he was pretty sure that Alanna would give out his name soon enough, and he was much more interested in the man's companion.

This guy’s got good taste.

Yorick extended a hand. “Yorick, and very, very pleased to meet you, Miss…?”

Piers
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, pen and paper with notes (both inside jacket)

So, the nightmare’s name was “Jigsaw.” For some reason, that rang a bell in Skitters’s mind. Hadn’t Piers mentioned that name before?

“There! Quick! That mirror is also a door.” As my friend Skitters skittered, I continue hatching a plan, “He knows where I am because he can smell me. But he doesn’t know you yet. So we should set up a trap. I’m the bait. I’ll stand somewhere, and you go hide somewhere. When he comes, he’ll go after me, and then you whack him. Kapish?”

Though the feline nightmare was seriously overestimating Skitters’s strength, Skitters was flattered with a child’s pride in being complimented. “Whack him? Hahahah! Whack him!” Skitters repeated, completely forgetting that in a test of strength between him and the dog, he had no chance. But before things got too serious, Piers should be there and he would take over and give commands, so Skitters played along with Jigsaw’s quick plan.

Moving to the mirror Jigsaw pointed out, he saw the distorted image of himself and the cheetah-like nightmare atop him. Skitters looked almost flat, and the feline looked wider than a car. He pushed a bit on the mirror, and it budged to the side, sliding easily. Skitters scurried behind the mirror and slid it back into place.

The mirror-entrance had led to a small corridor that led to a larger space with more mirrors and doors. Skitters darted to the opening and put Jigsaw down, and the myriad of reflections was even more confusing than before. Skitters was tall in some, fat in others, crooked in several more, and in some the top of his body was grotesquely enormous while in others his bottom, near the floor, was amazingly wide.

“I don’t think I like mirrors anymore,” he said to Jigsaw. “Okay, so now we—”

Skitters heard the main door of the mansion open again behind the mirror-door, but heard nothing else. “Wait here,” he said to Jigsaw and then darted back down the corridor that led to the mirror-door where he could hear more easily. Suddenly, the sound of the door opening was heard again, and Skitters heard the sound of a shocked cry almost immediately afterwards.

“That sounded like—“

“Skitters! Skitters, here—gah—now!!”

It was Piers, and he had given a very clear command.

Piers had no idea where Skitters was, and could only hope and pray he heard him. He had put up his hands instinctively when pounced upon, and fortunately that had been enough to block the dog’s bites that seemed to be aimed at his neck. His wrists were screaming in pain, and Piers was unsure of the damage that was being done. Pinned down as he was, there was no hope of fighting the dog off, and he would be maimed to death if Skitters did not arrive in time.

When first confronting Skitters as a Feral, he had loathed the sight of the amorphous black being. Now, however, as the diminutive nightmare appeared from behind a sliding mirror-door, Piers could not be happier.

“Sync!” was all he scream as the dog continued to tear into his forearms.

Skitters dashed over to Piers and, as he approached his head, seemingly poured over him, the black mass spreading under the dog’s paws.

Sync: 80%

Piers needed to minimize the damage done to him, so he had called for a sync, something he would normally only do when the situation was dire, as it was with Jace during that fight in the stairwell. Melinda had told him that a direct attack would result in his death, so he had little choice. Here, too, he had little choice, and though Skitters would not be as fast while merged with Piers, their paired strength should be enough to heave the dog off and deal with him on more equal ground. To do this, Piers had taken the sync well past 50%, but left room for a surprise increase if it was needed.

Piers felt the pain diminish as Skitters shared it during the sync, and he felt the vigor flowing through him as well. He looked like a black figure of a man, but shorter than his usual height, and it was difficult to tell where his being ended and the floor began. Using his increased strength, he heaved on the dog, hoping to throw it off. Then, if the dog stood its ground, Piers would have to devise a way of dealing with it, even if it led to de-syncing.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

OOC: Hahaha, bald monkey! XD

Items: n/a

Before she could think, Alanna crashed into someone and fell rather ungracefully on her behind. The physical shock brought her back to reality. Her mind was still somewhat scattered as Yorick helped her stand.

"I'm so sor-" She began but stopped mid-sentence, her mouth hanging open from the last vowel to pass her lips. Her eyes were locked on the person behind the girl who suddenly yelled something in some foreign language. Then again, anything Alanna heard that moment might have sounded foreign.

And even though he was standing before her eyes, she wondered if he was some sort of illusion. She thought she may have been even more delirious than before. The way the illusion had his arms around the other girl made Alanna believe that it surely wasn't him. And if it was...

Alanna swallowed before she spoke. She would only believe it was him if he said her name. In her head, she begged him to say it as if he could hear her thoughts.

Say it...

Between rapid heartbeats, she managed to find her voice. "Jace?"

Say it...

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

(I'm going on a trip starting today. This is all I have for now. See you in a few days!)

Items: -

“Do villains drink coffee?”

“Yes Chinatsu” Cerise suddenly said with such a tone of conviction, “All villains drink coffee. They absolutely cannot live without coffee. It’s what makes them villainous. In fact, they sometimes target and attack the world coffee industry if not enough of it gets on their breakfast table. You know what else makes them doubly villainous? Blond hair. Don’t forget this fact, Chinatsu. Avoid blond haired villains who love coffee.”

Her eyes lit up. “Ah! Well, I was flipping through the channels and, the only thing I found that wasn’t a medical show was this one… Uhm… I forgot the title… But the main character was this cool old guy, along with his team: a fast-talking smart-aleck, a computer geek and a woman who could probably wipe the floor with men who outweighed her.”

“An old guy, a smart-aleck, a geek and a strong woman?” Cerise pondered for a moment, “You mean NCIS? I wasn’t really able to catch much of the show. A few scenes here and there. Hey, I’m a fangirl of some shows too! Ever watched Glee?”

Each step cast a bloody footprint onto the ground. Vierra gasped as she leaned against the wall, covered in the luscious red liquid. Was it her blood, or someone else’s?
    Kana.
    What happened? There were screams and scuffles. And so much fear. So much shiny red on dull white. Maybe it wasn’t just the blood of someone else, but a lot of them. How far had she walked? When, exactly, did she begin walking?
    The daycare came into view. How she got this far, Vierra could only wonder. She only knew she had to be here. Vierra pushed open the door. A few kids scurried off in fright.
    “Kana?” She asked into the room.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Items: Knife

Karl transformed back and took shelter in a run down shack as he awaited the arrival of his prey.

He cast his thought back to his brother, he was a large man who had looked after Karl when their family had disowned them when the learnt of the monsters tha dwelt within them. His murder at the hands of a uardian as he refused to come quietly when they ame for him merely served to highlight the daily peril that any nightmare who didn't wish to be controlled by others experienced every day. It wa the reason why Karl was avenging not just Marko but the various Feral and Vgabonds who wished to be free. It was the debt that Karl owed to the man who had protected, healed and cared for him when he needed it most.

Twenty years ago they had been exiled from thier family and left to die because of what they were, his brother was 11 at the time and Karl was 4. Karl had watched as his 17 year old brother was murdered in font of him when he was 10 and he had vowed that someday the guardians would pay.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Sync: 25%

The whirlwind wasn't working so Zen and the clone stopped. Zen caught the faint smell of blood and he knew rod could smell it too.
    " I know where you're hiding now." Rod said moving through the trees like the wind, " It's getting a little stronger."
    Rod stopped and saw a rose bush near one of the trees with the faint smell of blood on it. He knew they were around here somewhere so he would draw them out.
    " I know you're around here, I can smell your blood." Rod said looking at the bush, " I believe you're here!!!"
    Rod quickly reached for the rose bush......

" I like the fact that Rod and Zen have sync perfectly up to this point." Dizzy said watching from the shadows, " He doesn't realize I'm here and when he thinks he's won over the girl I'll come in and take him out."
    Dizzy smiled and grew four spider legs from his back and waited for his chance to strike.

Items: Two Flint Pistols, Pirate Sword

Ace was shown his quarters and he sighed from seeing how small it was.
    " Do you guys have anything bigger?" Ace asked, " Titan is a little on the big side and I need some room."
    "All of the other larger rooms are occupied." the tech said, " I don't know what else to tell you Captain."
    " Then I'll loot one of the rooms an' claim it as my own!!!!!" Ace said as a big splash of water came out of nowhere, " Me thinks I should find my old pirate buddy Piers' room and stay there for a while."
    Ace laughed and ran toward the other rooms in search of Piers' while the tech stood there confused and his shoes soaked by the water.
    " We're gonna need a mop or two." the tech said sighing

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jigsaw

He left me…!
    My friend left me!
    Gotta run!

Theo

Theo’s teeth pierced Adam Cross’s wrists, deep enough to draw blood and taste its metallic tang. Now he could smell the man’s location anywhere he would go. But being so close to Adam’s frightened face made Theo wonder all the more why he was so familiar.

At the same time Adam pushed him off, Theo jumped about six feet away. Watching Humans and Nightmares do such an abhorrent act always disgusted Theo. For him, syncing wasn’t far from bestiality. He stepped backwards to put more distance between him and the abomination that was Human and Nightmare.

Then a more important fact jarred him from his repulsion – if the Nightmare was here, that means Jigsaw is left vulnerable.

Giving Adam Cross not one more iota of thought, the dog ran for the very mirror the black Nightmare came out of. Hundred of mirrors reflected Jigsaw’s running figure at the end of the hall. Some tall, some short, some thin as a stick while others as wide as a tree. He can’t follow by sight.

Theo didn’t stop running as he picked up Jigsaw’s scent in the air. At the same time he picked up Adam Cross and his Nightmare’s and doubled his speed. Syncing gave both Human and Nightmare immeasurable powers, and he did not want to risk a fight at all. But being able to sync also meant he wasn’t a feral. Are you Vagrant or Guardian, Mr. Cross?

He caught up with Jigsaw just before he could open the other door. They both fell to the ground, but with Theo’s muzzle in the Nightmare’s nape.

You won’t get away this time.

Though unfamiliar with the third mansion, he had to find a way to get out without using the same door that would lead to Adam Cross. Quickly now, he’s coming. Theo dragged Jigsaw into the next room, and found he couldn’t. Opening the door meant turning the knob – something he can’t do with just his paws. The moment he lets go of Jigsaw, he’ll run away again. Damn this form…!

Facing the other abomination might be the only way out. The thousand mirrors could help an escape, but he was already so weak. He warily watched the door on the other side of the hall like a fox being smoked out of its hole for stealing the hunter’s prize fowl.

Arcelia

Arcelia studied and knew the look the girl gave Jace, and by Jace’s exclamation realized there was more to this than could be understood.

“Jace, do you know this girl? She’s giving us that weird look. No, she’s giving YOU that weird look. And you’re giving her the same look. Could you stop looking at each other like that please?”

The other young man caught her attention with his question. He regarded her, Arcelia, with more interest than who was with her, Jace. Said Jace was hugging Arcelia like there was no tomorrow, which was nice, but a bit odd of someone who just killed people a few moments ago.

“Introductions? Yes, I suppose it does.” Arcelia held out her other hand and lightly shook his, “I’m Arcelia. Pretty much pleased to meet you too, I think. Do you know Jace?”

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yorick
    Items: Guardian radio

Between rapid heartbeats, she managed to find her voice. "Jace?"

Yorick was thoroughly confused. Perhaps this was indeed her brother, but it must be her long-lost brother (or something to the effect), given the entranced way in which their gazes were merged.

Jace? That’s an original name. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him around town, though; it’s not likely that I’d forget those eyes.

“Jace, do you know this girl? She’s giving us that weird look. No, she’s giving YOU that weird look. And you’re giving her the same look. Could you stop looking at each other like that please?”

It seemed obvious that the girl who had yelled at them in Spanish was also confused over the deep gaze that Alanna and Jace sustained upon one another. Suddenly, she spoke to the confused Yorick.

“Introductions? Yes, I suppose it does.” Arcelia held out her other hand and lightly shook his, “I’m Arcelia. Pretty much pleased to meet you too, I think. Do you know Jace?”

“Actually, no,” Yorick responded, too confused for once to throw in a quick pick-up line. Instead, he took her hand gently, shook it briefly, and let go of it soon afterwards. “But I’m guessing that Alanna sure knows him…”

Piers
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, pen and paper with notes (both inside jacket)

Piers had felt stupid for barging into the mansion being unprepared for a sneak attack. He had done so because it seemed that the canine nightmare was primarily concerned with one thing only: the apprehension (or the death) of the illusory nightmare. Yet, that assumption seemed mistaken when he had been pounced upon. Here again, however, his assumptions were turned inside out as the dog tore off in the direction of the mirror-door that Skitters had darted from.

“Skitters! De-sync! Go ahead, I’ll catch up! Do NOT let him kill or carry away that nightmare!”

Sync: 0%

Feeling more at home with the usual command-obey paradigm that Piers put to use in battle, Skitters obeyed and darted off towards the nightmare. Piers got to his feet as quickly as possible, stumbled a bit, and then began to trail Skitters in a desperate run, a run that slower than his previous run to the mansion. The pain from his wrists distracted him, but the blood was not unnaturally bright or dark, so the wounds were not arterial or venous; thus, he had no need to wrap them right away. He ran after Skitters who soon left his sight, though Piers had seen him do a sharp turn after running down the corridor which the mirror-door led to.

Skitters crossed into the larger section of the room that was replete with strange mirrors and doors to see the dog and Jigsaw near one of the doors. Was he to escape with Jigsaw?

Recalling that the dog could communicate mentally with him, Skitters thought about speaking with the canine nightmare in that way, but chose instead to talk aloud in his dry, raspy whisper of a voice so that Jigsaw could hear it, too.

“I like you doggy, so don’t hurt the cheetah. The dummy says so.”

Just then said dummy ran into the large room, his hands holding his wrists like a freestyle wrestler does when locking arms around an opponent. The pain was back to its normal intensity due to the de-syncing, but the worst part of it all was that he’d never trained in a room so full of distractions. Sure, he’d fought in plenty of strange places, and he occasionally trained with distractions to keep his mind attuned and sharp in conflict, but this room of mirrors and doors was immediately intimidating.

It looked as if he were facing ten differently-sized dogs and attempting to rescue ten misshapen nightmares with the aid of ten bizarrely-formed Skitters commanded, of course, by several asymmetric Piers.

This keeps getting better and better.

“Okay, dog,” Piers said the word derisively, though he had already learned to respect his power, “You’ve got a fraction of a second to disappear. It’s clear you’re no normal dog, or else I’d be more than batty to try to talk to you, right? Of course, now that you’ve seen Skitters here, the caution’s out the window. Don’t make it worse. Leave the girl—uh—whatever it is alone or I’ll save the vet some time and put you down myself.”

It was clear he was dealing with a nightmare. It could also be clear, to some, that he was bluffing. He was not overly confident; in fact, he was not confident at all. But Piers never changed. He always taunted his opponents, though lately it had not worked. Jace was ample proof of that.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sync: 25%

" I know where you're hiding now. It's getting a little stronger." Meril flinched at the tone of his voice. She remembered someone saying that back in her past and the memory from that event had scarred her greatly. Meril continued to listen to find Rod until she had seen him coming straight for the bush.

" I know you're around here, I can smell your blood. I believe you're here!!!" Meril braced for impact but Moir was nagging at Meril.

"Run! Don't just stand there. Run!"
    Meril bolted out of the bush to find a better hiding place.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

(OOC: Rogs' and Skrape's color will be this color ^^)

Rogwel Rueslatten III

It's been a rough day. Rogs turned off the screen of his pc and decided to get some coffee downstairs... installing updates for the hq server is draining...

"I need caffeine...need to replenish HP for levelin up tonight...haha"

There was a huge puddle of water coming from a guardian's room as rogs made his way to the mess hall.

"Hey man!" a tech with a mop turned to rogs "can you help us mop the floor?"

Rogs looked from left to right. "You talking to me?"

"Well, duh...are there any other techs around?"

Rogs snickered to himself... he pushed up his glasses ceremoniously. "Excuse me... I think you're mistaken" Rogs lowered his voice "I... I am not a slave tech" Rogs brushed his hair with his hand. imaginary sparkles flew out and hit the other tech in the face..

"I.. am a nerd tech"

Rogs turned his heel and walked away...while a japanese theme song began to play with subtitles...

"...jerk" the tech mumbled.

"i heard that!"

Rogs entered the mess hall and went straight to the coffee stand... unfortunately... the coffee stand was newly installed... and quite high...

"dammit.." Rogs stared in annoyance.

*jump*
    *jump* *jump*

"hmp! i can't reach it!" rogs drew his breath. "but i will not be conquered by my limitations!" Rogs thought with burning determination... he shall get his coffee using his own strength. There are chairs in the mess hall, are there not? He will use them to get his goal.

Rogs got a hold of a wooden chair and heaved it to the coffee stand..

*grunt* *grunt*
    *gruuuunnnntt*

"t..to...too heavy" he sighed.

Rogs turned to the people around the mess hall and tried to get some of them to help. He approached two girls talking with each other.

"uhm... excuse me, can you help--" he walked towards one of the girls... and suddenly realized how TALL she was. Rogs shivered. She was TALL.. really TALL.... (Chinatsu)

Rogs backed away slowly. He tried to talk to the other girl, the redhead.

"uhm... excuse me, can you help--please--help--please--help----me--" rogs stuttered at the sight of the new guardian and blushed a deep crimson shade.

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 09:42 AM
    Threads

Chinatsu
    Items: Stuffed Dog

“Yes Chinatsu” Cerise suddenly said with such a tone of conviction, “All villains drink coffee. They absolutely cannot live without coffee. It’s what makes them villainous. In fact, they sometimes target and attack the world coffee industry if not enough of it gets on their breakfast table. You know what else makes them doubly villainous? Blond hair. Don’t forget this fact, Chinatsu. Avoid blond haired villains who love coffee.”

Chinatsu let out a gasp, eyes wide. “I knew it!” she exclaimed, hitting the table lightly with her hand. “I always knew that coffee, that crazy addictive brown liquid, would be evil!” She frowned and scratched her chin. “Is that why Starbucks has such expensive coffee prices? Because only villains can afford them?”

“You mean NCIS? I wasn’t really able to catch much of the show. A few scenes here and there. Hey, I’m a fangirl of some shows too! Ever watched Glee?”

The younger girl let out a giggle. “There were many times when I was stuck in our HQ, and all I could really do was watch some TV,” she told Cerise. “I wasn’t as adept at sneaking out like one of my fellow Watchers, this girl I didn’t know very well.”

Taking another bite of her meal, the girl was brightening up much faster as they continued this conversation. “Yup, I sure do know it. It’s the one where they’re all singing, right?” Before she could launch into a fangirlish tizzy over her favourite male singer, she heard someone talking to her.

"uhm... excuse me, can you help--"

She turned and saw a man with messy black hair trying to talk to her. “Oh! I’m so sorry,” she told him and stood up, pulling herself up to her full height. “Uhm, what do you need help with?”

Not knowing where I'm going; but I know where I've been...

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role: vagrant
    Items: knife

Karl could see movement as a girl who seemed to be searching for someone or something came rushing round the corner, Karl watched from the shack and he felt a surge of hatred rush through him.

Prometheus burst forth in a plume of fire, he knew that there would be no fight if they wern't in nightmare form, she seemed shocked as the giant salamander charged forward but she swiftly reacted and a wall of glass appered between them.

The shard cut into his thick scaly hide and he bellowed in pain, recovering quickly he sent a jet of flame into the middle of the cluster of glass which didn't sem to melt but as the flames narrowly missed her he saw that she had got coulght a little and her arm looked burnt.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Theo

Jigsaw struggled in his jaws like a fish in the mouth of a cat. But he weighed no more than a small child and was certainly no stronger than one. Even in a weakened state, Theo could still overpower the Nightmare.

Don’t you want to see Madeleine? Be still.

For a breath, the Nightmare stopped at his Human’s name, but all the more thrashed violently after. Theo braced himself when the door opened. It surprised both of them when only the black Nightmare came in, and Theo almost dropped Jigsaw in astonishment because of its next spoken words.

“I like you doggy, so don’t hurt the cheetah. The dummy says so."

Dummy? You mean your Human? You call your Human a dummy?

Theo chuckled, and maybe, just maybe, his tail wagged slightly in amusement.

So this Nightmare appears as a cheetah to you? I have no intention of hurting Jigsaw. It is in my interest to make sure he stays safe.

True. His only job was to retrieve. It was the job of a certain someone else to hurt Jigsaw.

Why are you after him? This is clearly not your business. Who is Adam Cross? Why are you in the Rostov estate?

Said dummy entered the room, holding his bleeding wrists. With his blood in the open air, the sharp tang of his scent tickled Theo’s nose. Adam Cross smelled like fish and aftershave. Had he eaten Flounder fish the day before? And that hateful aftershave could only be Aqua Velva – one the servants use quite a lot. Sometimes, Theo hated his powers

"Okay, dog,” Piers said the word derisively, though he had already learned to respect his power, “You’ve got a fraction of a second to disappear. It’s clear you’re no normal dog, or else I’d be more than batty to try to talk to you, right? Of course, now that you’ve seen Skitters here, the caution’s out the window. Don’t make it worse. Leave the girl—uh—whatever it is alone or I’ll save the vet some time and put you down myself.”

Theo gave him a passing glance and then turned to his Nightmare.

If you… he paused before the repugnant word … synchronize with him, we’ll be able to carry an intelligent conversation with the dummy. Sync with Adam Cross and we’ll talk.

Cerise
    Items:

Chinatsu let out a gasp, eyes wide. “I knew it!” she exclaimed, hitting the table lightly with her hand. “I always knew that coffee, that crazy addictive brown liquid, would be evil!” She frowned and scratched her chin. “Is that why Starbucks has such expensive coffee prices? Because only villains can afford them?”

“Why, yes, Chinatsu, so you’ve noticed too!” Cerise lightly tapped the tabletop for emphasis as well, “You’re a smart girl, I see. Starbucks, along with Coffee Bean and Gloria Jeans and the like, are favorite hang outs of villains. Not only because they can afford them, but because they will conquer the world with them! One coffee shop at a time.”

The younger girl let out a giggle. “There were many times when I was stuck in our HQ, and all I could really do was watch some TV,” she told Cerise. “I wasn’t as adept at sneaking out like one of my fellow Watchers, this girl I didn’t know very well.”

“Oh? How many watchers do you have here? So far, I’ve only met you. There’s a lot of them in Mainland, but not as many as the Guardians of course. And yes, they sing a lot in Glee. Have you caught their episodes? How far into the story are you?”

"uhm... excuse me, can you help--please--help--please--help----me--" rogs stuttered at the sight of the new guardian and blushed a deep crimson shade.

Cerise turned to the speaker and smiled to find it was a young child. Was it ‘bring your kids to work’ day? She looked around for a possible parent searching for a child, and found it odd there was none.

“Yes? How can I help you, young man? Are we lost?”

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

So this Nightmare appears as a cheetah to you? I have no intention of hurting Jigsaw. It is in my interest to make sure he stays safe.

Skitters had felt Piers’s anxiety over the welfare of the illusory nightmare as soon as he had synced with him. If the canine nightmare had no intentions of hurting the other nightmare, Piers was certainly not aware of it.

Why are you after him? This is clearly not your business. Who is Adam Cross? Why are you in the Rostov estate?

Skitters was fairly sure that Piers would be angry with him for speaking to the nightmare without him knowing it, as Piers would fret over the least bit of info given. Remaining silent was easy and natural for the usually taciturn Skitters.

If you… he paused before the repugnant word … synchronize with him, we’ll be able to carry an intelligent conversation with the dummy. Sync with Adam Cross and we’ll talk.

Usually childish, Skitters laughed again at the dummy comment, then spoke to Piers verbally. “He says he’ll talk to us if we sync,” Skitters told Piers, who stood ten paces behind him.

Sync? Why would he want that? Is it just for communication or does he have something planned?

At any rate, Piers had little choice; things were at a standstill. Thus, he commanded Skitters to sync with him once again, welcoming the relief he felt as the wounds on his wrists hurt less as a result.

Piers was sure that they were still being watched, and how long would Thomasai put up with this before he sent someone to intervene? Or was Piers being too paranoid?

He can speak to us through our head, Skitters reminded Piers mentally. Piers was merged with Skitters, and his shady, anthropomorphic figure was terribly distorted by the mirrors.

Realizing that Skitters meant that the canine nightmare could communicate mentally with both of them now, he nevertheless spoke aloud to the dog nightmare.

“Make this quick, dog. First, your name. Then, your intentions for the nightmare behind you. And feel free to get out of my blasted way any time you chose."

Piers was still being abrasive, and hoped it would prove more effective than it had against Jace.

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads

OOC: I am posting!!!!

Items: none

King threw a punch at Utu and h evaded it. When Duo finished with Justice,

King was throwing another punch. This time it connected. Utu fell to the

ground and began to scream. "AGGHH," He said as he held his head and rolled

around. He began to scream even more as Amber finished up Sun. King began

to speak,When a nightmare is defeated he or she returns to

his or her master's head. One would think it would take a toll on a person to

have two nightmares ram into your head at once."
    Duo stepped

beside King "You know, that's the most I've ever heard you say." King

shrugged his shoulders and disappeared. Utu was left on the ground foaming

at the mouth. Duo walked over to him and bent down. "That look like it hurt."

"He stood up Amber, He's out lets get to that computer." Duo said making a

move towards it.

OOC: Small, but it's at least a try

I MADE IT.

Quotes: To be a man you must have honor and a penis (Shin-chan)

Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role: vagrant
    Items: knife

Karl was shocked at the speed of his opponent as she dodged back anf forth avoiding the jets of flame, he was struggling to keep up when a large spike of glass rammed forward towards him, just making it out of the way in time he swung his heavily spiked tail towards her, crudhing the small shacks in its path.

A wall of glass apeared in front of it and the tail bounced off uselessly, Karl charged straight at the point that he guessaed that she was and a muffled scream from under the pile of debris told him that he was right.

Amazingly she seemed to be alive but badly injured, transforming back to his human form karl pulled out his knife and advanced on her.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Lol, I found wi-fi at our vacation spot. These I’m-leaving-for-a-few-days notes are fast becoming useless.)

Theo

Theo stepped backwards in reflex when the Human and his Nightmare synced. His nose wrinkled a little too, as if smelling something rotten.

“Make this quick, dog. First, your name. Then, your intentions for the nightmare behind you. And feel free to get out of my blasted way any time you chose."

Said dog nightmare found him rude, but what can you expect after biting his wrists? Theo stepped forward to face Adam Cross. Some dogs have a way of standing tall that made people feel small in comparison

… Can you hear me, Adam Cross? Call me “Retriever” and I intend to return this Nightmare to its Human.

Theo stepped sideways, leaving a wide space for him to pass through and access the door.

There’s your blasted way. Now, I don’t want a fight. I don’t plan on hurting him, or you, or anyone at all. You’re Thomasai’s responsibility. And to be honest, you taste like fish cooked in aftershave. But you’ve proven to be a terrible hindrance on business that doesn’t concern you.

Now, I have some questions of my own and it wouldn’t be fair if you don’t answer them. Quid pro quo. I’m sure you’ve heard of the term before.

First, what questions did Thomasai ask you?

Adam Cross knows about syncing and Nightmares. The black blob did not answer a single question of his, but answers to Adam Cross’ commands without question. They can also sync unusually well.

Second, what would you do if I gave you my Human and told you he was a Feral?

He is too interested in the illusory Nightmare, when the dog Nightmare who poses more of a threat barely seems to interest him at all. He didn’t hurt Jigsaw when he had the chance, so he must either want to capture the Nightmare or keep it safe from him. No matter how much Theo explained that Jigsaw is capable of illusions, the stubborn blond just won’t take the hint and leave.

… what else is missing…?

Third, which of the words "Madeleine", "B.S.", "Piers", "Jigsaw", "Sia", and "DeFoe" ring a bell for you?

I also have one simple request. Let me deliver this Nightmare to the second mansion in peace. Do you know what that means? It means getting out of my way without attacking me. It means letting me get to that door behind you with the Nightmare and returning him to his Human. Do you understand me, or should I repeat it slowly for you, blondie?

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

… Can you hear me, Adam Cross? Call me “Retriever” and I intend to return this Nightmare to its Human.

Theo stepped sideways, leaving a wide space for him to pass through and access the door.

So that was what it was like to hear the nightmare speak within one’s mind. Yet Piers was thoroughly confused. Just moments ago this dog was intent on maiming him, and now it seemed that he was being overly deferential. Was he attempting to get Piers to lower his guard?

Even more intriguing was the info he provided. Who was the illusory nightmare’s human, and why was he in need of having it returned to him?

There’s your blasted way. Now, I don’t want a fight. I don’t plan on hurting him, or you, or anyone at all. You’re Thomasai’s responsibility. And to be honest, you taste like fish cooked in aftershave. But you’ve proven to be a terrible hindrance on business that doesn’t concern you.

It was sometimes difficult for Piers to differentiate between confusion and intrigue. Here, however, he was pretty sure he was feeling intrigue as the dog had identified two scents on him that were at least a day old. Piers had eaten flounder with Jace the morning prior, and had shaved before the encounter, and despite a shower that had come between that time and now, the dog could still trace the scent.

Pardon me for the accusation, but I think your claim of not desiring to hurt me or the nightmare lacks a significant amount of candor. I mean, given the fact that I saw you attempt to maul the nightmare, coupled with the blood on my wrists.

Nothing significant was in the words; it was merely an experiment to see if the nightmare could hear him, and a chance for Piers to needle him a bit. The nightmare was acting deferential, but Piers wanted to see if he was showing his true colors before he acted in any way.

Now, I have some questions of my own and it wouldn’t be fair if you don’t answer them. Quid pro quo. I’m sure you’ve heard of the term before.

Quid pro quo. Something for something. This nightmare almost reminded him of himself in the way that he attempted to draw out inferences and info…or was he just buying time for some reason, or perhaps getting Piers to drop his guard? Was Piers a fool for playing along?

First, what questions did Thomasai ask you?

Piers did not expect the first question, but the second came so fast that he listened to it before answering.

Second, what would you do if I gave you my Human and told you he was a Feral?

Another question he did not expect.

Third, which of the words "Madeleine", "B.S.", "Piers", "Jigsaw", "Sia", and "DeFoe" ring a bell for you?

Piers’s eyes widened a bit, but he hoped that the shady sockets of eyes that appeared in his synced form would not reveal too much. He was shocked, and immediately wondered how the nightmare knew his first and last name. Madeleine and Jigsaw; that made more sense as Piers had learned from Francis that the dog was a respected part of the Rostov estate. Yet still…

I also have one simple request. Let me deliver this Nightmare to the second mansion in peace. Do you know what that means? It means getting out of my way without attacking me. It means letting me get to that door behind you with the Nightmare and returning him to his Human. Do you understand me, or should I repeat it slowly for you, blondie?

Almost sure that this nightmare was every bit as calculating as he supposed, Piers proceeded with caution.

Alright, dog, Piers began, attempting to keep his voice strong and his eyes focused on the dog’s to dispel any notion that he was telling a lie…for he was about to lace half-truths to some of his answers. I’ll play along. Thomasai asked me nothing; in fact, he did not even inquire as to what my name was, as Marianna provided it for him. He merely put me up for the night and has suggested that we meet today instead. That’s all I know, and I’m passing curious as to why you want to know; I mean, Francis made it sound like you were in the “know” around here, or am I wrong?

Secondly, I know about humans and nightmares, how they emerge, and how they can be harnessed, but this word “feral” is a bit confusing. Mind explaining?

Piers knew that if he betrayed knowledge of the meaning of the word, the dog might quickly deduce that Piers was a Guardian, given the use of the Guardian jargon. Many Vagrants did indeed know the term (as every Vagrant had once been a Feral, though this did not denote the fact that they had ever heard the Guardian term for it), but acting green seemed to be the smartest move for now, and any self-respecting Vagrant would have a working knowledge of nightmares and how they are harnessed, so this hopefully led the dog closer to the conclusion that Piers was a Vagrant.

As to your third question, Piers had to tread lightly here, and cautiously, you merely asked me which names ring a bell. I’ll tell you. Madeleine and Jigsaw. Mind explaining the rest to me, and why that matters?

Finally, for your request, forgive me for denying it. I haven’t learned enough about you to allow me to choose whether to acquiesce or not. I’m sure you understand.

Piers knew that this was a priceless chance to gather as much info as possible, but the suspicion that he was ignorantly being led to a trap sat within the back of his mind firmly. If it came down to it, he’d have to act fast; Thomasai could be watching every bit of this, and hatching a plan of his own to intercede at any moment.

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Location- Landy's apartment
    Status- Morning
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy lay stretched out on her deco couch, staring at the ceiling. She had already changed, switching out of her pj's in favor of some neon green fishnets, a neon green zebra print tube top, and a super mini neon pink pleated skirt.

As she began lacing up her combat boots, Glaiza came out of the bathroom. When she asked if Landy wanted to go for a walk, Landy was overjoyed.

"Sure. Just let me get my cloak and leash up Miss Noir," she said reaching over to pick up the disgruntled looking cat. She clipped the leash to her collar as Miss Noir turned her big cat eyes on Landy, pleading her to take an unadventurous day to relax at home but Landy laughed as she petted her head.

Then she stood and, dragging Miss Noir, walked into her bedroom to pull her cloak out of her waredrobe. She clipped it around her neck as she walked back out into the livnig room where Glaiza was waiting.

"Lets go!" she said, grabbing her purse off of the coffee table. She stepped around Glaiza to the front door, opening it wide to let Glaiza walk by first.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: None

SEAN'S POV

It's hard, but I stop myself.

I really want to twirl around in this dress because what's the purpose of wearing a dress if you can't twirl around in it? I might as well have gone out and used my version of our body with the way I'm walking.

But I cannot twirl. I cannot twirl just yet.

"Ah such a cool and calm day, do you think we should take a longer route and walk by the park? It seems such a waste to spend this beautiful day, don't you think?" I say, as I give my best impression of Glaiza's smile.

"So what do you say Siggy? --- Oh my did I say Siggy? I totally meant Landy. I'm such a scatterbrain lately,"

Oh, Sigataph, let's play, play.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Location- Landy's apartment
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- bag, Miss Noir

Landy flinched, a sharp pain suddenly piercing through her head at the mention of 'Siggy'. She blinked it away and smiled down at Glaiza.

"Its no problem. I'm only good with names because of my time working with the Madame. She had all sorts of tricks for figuring out names. She was a genius that way," she said, falling back into her normal rambling mood.

As she spoke, Glaiza exited and Landy turned around to work her door shut and lock it. After a few minutes when it was finally closed, she turned around, all pain gone.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(And Kei of the Flame, Happy Birthday!!
    And Sab, nice DP. ^^ ahaha)

Theo

Pardon me for the accusation, but I think your claim of not desiring to hurt me or the nightmare lacks a significant amount of candor. I mean, given the fact that I saw you attempt to maul the nightmare, coupled with the blood on my wrists.

Yes, I suppose you can’t take my word for it. Theo chuckled. It did have the effect of leading your Nightmare away from my prey, didn’t it?

Alright, dog, Piers began.

My name is the Retriever, Adam Cross. Haven’t you been taught to call acquaintances by name?

I’ll play along. Thomasai asked me nothing; in fact, he did not even inquire as to what my name was, as Marianna provided it for him. He merely put me up for the night and has suggested that we meet today instead. That’s all I know, and I’m passing curious as to why you want to know; I mean, Francis made it sound like you were in the “know” around here, or am I wrong?

Theo immediately found this odd. Thomasai would not waste his time on a real-estate agent unless it benefited them in some way. Now it turns out Adam Cross can wield his Nightmare. Did Thomasai know all along?

If it hasn’t been obvious to you, I work here. So it’s natural I “know” some things.

Secondly, I know about humans and nightmares, how they emerge, and how they can be harnessed, but this word “feral” is a bit confusing. Mind explaining?

He doesn’t know the word ‘Feral’. He's just a Vagrant, after all. Yet, it didn’t make sense that he could sync so powerfully, be fairly well-versed on the battlefield and yet not know what Ferals were. Did he train himself?

As to your third question, Piers had to tread lightly here, and cautiously, you merely asked me which names ring a bell. I’ll tell you. Madeleine and Jigsaw. Mind explaining the rest to me, and why that matters?

So he knows of the girl and her Nightmare. How...?

But this was going nowhere fast. Theo stood still for about ten seconds, staring at Adam Cross, realizing that no matter what progress will not be made with the stubborn blond. He returned questions with further questions that would lead to about fifteen minutes of further explanation, and Theo’s time in the conscious world is running out. The same applies for his patience.

Finally, for your request, forgive me for denying it. I haven’t learned enough about you to allow me to choose whether to acquiesce or not. I’m sure you understand.

You want to learn about me? I don’t have the time, energy nor care for a get-to-know-you, Adam Cross. Perhaps Thomasai will answer your questions over a nice cup of tea. I’m getting to that door whether you like it or not. If you’d like to just stand there, you are more than welcome t-!!

Jigsaw

So the dum-dum can sync! When my friend Skitters admitted he’s not strong enough to throw me over the fence and when the mutt practically jumped higher than the dum-dum I almost lost hope. But if Piers the Half Blob Foe has enough strength to make it over the fence, then we’ve got a chance.

I’m pretty surprised the mutt can still hang around in the conscious world after a whole building topples on top of him thanks to moi. He’s got guts. But he’s just standing there, staring at Adam Cross. He looks totally convinced the dum-dum is a Vagrant and I’ve gotta hand it to him – that’s one smart Guardian. Though, if he’s the smartest out of all of ‘em, they’re doomed.

There are two ways outta this. One is to get the two of them fighting, wait for the mutt to lose, and get my friend Skitters to toss me over the fence. Another is to skip the fighting and go straight to tossing over said fence. But the mutt is so crazy about me I don’t think he’ll go down without a fight. If I can just get out of this room and leave the two alone to kiss and make up, things will work out like icing on wedding cake.

You can train any part of your body, so they say, but you can’t train your eyes.

Swiftly and with all the strength of a small girl I poked the mutt’s left eye. His agonized roar sounds like a doggie bark from the seventh level of hell. He drops me too and I would be loony if I don’t take this opportunity to run for the door.

Run! Run! Run!

When I passed by the Half Blob Foe I salute him.

Adios, Amigo, and the mutt is all yours.

Aiden

“Blast…!”

Aiden wondered if books had ever been used to save a life the way this whole shelf of them just broke his fall. Hard covers and bits of paper exploded everywhere. One even landed on his head. Ow. He looked up and came face to face with someone regarding him curiously. Said someone had glasses, did not have dark hair, and was about as tall as the woman he first met. He wore a familiar-looking dress jacket.

“Are you all right?” the man asked, holding out a hand, “Good thing my books broke your fall.”

“Yeah…” was all the kid could say. He took the hand and was surprised at the man’s strength as he was lifted onto his feet. He could have had a job moving heavy boxes. “Um… Hi, I’m Aiden Hayes and I’m sorry about your books.”

“No need to apologize. Your safety is certainly more important. Here, take a seat.”

Surrounding a small table were two chairs. Aiden sat himself comfortably in one and the man took a sip of coffee before taking the chair next to the boy.

“It's nice to finally meet you, Aiden. But first, don’t you have a question for me?”

“Oh, right,” Aiden exclaimed, “Um… see this crazy lady a few clouds ago asked me to ask you the meaning of life.” He said this in a tone that couldn’t be any more different that asking his mom what was for dinner.

The man smiled. “Yes, that certainly sounds like her. Before I give you my answer, let me ask: did she say anything about turkeys?”

How could he have possibly known that? “She asked me if I was carrying any, but I wasn’t. She looked a bit scared for a moment, though.”

“Hey, you!” Aiden’s pixie-sized teacher called, pulling on a corner of his dress jacket, “She told me to give you a message. She said she’s not afraid of turkeys. She only doesn’t like being anywhere near them.”

He laughed, “Yes. Tell her I believe her.”

Satisfied, the man put his coffee down, took off his glasses to see Aiden more closely, and began his answer.

“Listen closely, Aiden: Life must be lived for others and the main Other is God; the minor "other" is mankind. Selfishness leads to a wasted life.”

For a fourteen-year-old mind, this sounded like a church gospel or a moral you find in books. Aiden nodded to show he understood. But did he really understand?

“I've really only revamped and merged Einstein's quote and the Westminster Confession. Life is more than what we see, as we are mainly concerned with ourselves. Seeing that it's more than us gives us a corrected vision.”

Aiden remembered the Timon and Pumbaa movie, where Rafiki was telling Timon to ‘look beyond what you see’. The meerkat, who was on a journey to find a home, took it literally and travelled halfway across Africa. In the end, though, Timon realized his true home was with his friends Pumbaa and Simba. Aiden wondered if that was what the man meant.

Seeing that Aiden found it difficult to follow, the man turned to a metaphor, “Illustration: like an insect living in the fur of a rabbit. If we climb to the top of the fur, we start to see that we are, indeed, living on a rabbit... And then, then we may even be able to see the Magician who has pulled the rabbit out of the hat! But to live for ourselves is to bury ourselves deep inside the fur... Living for today, and nothing else... And robbing life of its wonder.”

Aiden pictured living on the tips of a rabbit’s hair, and looking down at the people living deep within the comfortable fur. Dreams had a funny way of making the very object you think of appear. Bunnies started popping up, nosing around the volumes, nibbling on some of the loose paper. His teacher hid behind a book entitled Sophie’s World, making squeaky noises about the monstrosity of rabbits.

If he was that small, the magician’s face must be huge. He probably wouldn’t be able to tell the magician was human – just a big pale pink mass. It would probably be difficult living for other people deep within the fur because he’d have a hard time reaching them. But if those people were his friends who were precious to him, then he’d try as hard as he could.

“I think that I would explain that living for the self was like Einstein's warning is like burrowing deep in the fur; when we live for others we start to see the wonder in life. And the Bible is integral, as the Westminster Confession part of it, of course.”

Aiden thought of his mom, the younger kids in the day care, his friends in school, Miss Vierra, Egie. They were the others in his life, and they’ve given life a kind of sparkle for him. What does that mean – to live for someone else? What would he have to do? He was about to ask when the man continued.

“I have one instruction for you, Aiden.” He smiled, “If you’ve read this far, send Cross and Sols a private message titled Cheshire Ubermensch, if you want to avail a thousand points and a headshot sketch.”

“Uh… okay.” Now he was thoroughly confused. They didn't sound like anyone he knew, and yet they were extremely familiar. He wondered if they were people he met in school briefly. And how do you pronounce that? Whatever it was he said? It sounded oddly like a magic word, or an insult. “Do I tell the others about this?”

“No. Don’t even think of telling the others. Now Aiden, you must continue your journey. I shouldn’t keep you here for too long. Remember all that I said!”

“Okay!” Aiden had already started floating into the air again, the wind carrying him away. “Wait, what’s your name?!”

The man shouted something, but he was already too far to hear.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information