AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Hybrid View

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Nightmare Hunt
    (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Approved by LadyPSerenity

How close is the world of dreams to the waking mind? How thin of a line does one separate the subconscious from the conscious? Within this fragile surface of reality, how far can we extend our hand to reach it?

++
    Welcome to the world of Nightmare Hunt. You are the Guardian of Nightmares.

A latent shift in the dream world causes nightmares to escape from the minds of humans. It is called a Dream Vortex. As a Guardian, it is your duty to capture these renegade nightmares and return them to the owner.

It is extremely prohibited to kill a nightmare. To do so means destroying the human mind it belongs to and will disqualify you as a Guardian.

A person becomes a Guardian when he was able to “tame his own nightmare”, training it be his weapon against wild nightmares that wreck havoc upon our world.

~~

Lately, a powerful vortex has opened, and people who are able to control nightmares are increasing. Some of them are using their nightmare’s powers for their own benefit. It is up to the Guardians to restore balance between the dream world and reality.

Here are the characters:

Guardians: Can control a strong Nightmare monster of their choosing. Only the scariest and most dreadful creatures are allowed to be created. So yeah, NO unicorns and Handsome Looking White-Knights (But if the unicorn eats human flesh and the White Knight has a penchant for collecting heads, then you’re all set to go). If you choose to be a Guardian, your Nightmare Monster has no will. You will control his actions. Being a Guardian is a job, so you are required to hunt down Ferals and Vagrants. It is forbidden, though, to attack them in human form.

Ferals: Basically, you are a character who’s human but has a wild nightmare inside of him/her… Every night, this character changes into a nightmare. You want nothing more but freedom to roam the waking world. But let’s face it, every nightmare is bad. Otherwise, it isn’t a nightmare, don’t you agree? (I’ll let you decide on your own definition of “bad”). If you choose to be a Feral, you have to control two characters: The human character, and the Nightmare character, both having a different personality. It is recommended that your Nightmare contradicts or support your human’s traits.) Guardians cannot harm you in your human form.

Vagrants: You have tamed your nightmare, but you are not a Guardian. Perhaps you control your nightmare for money, game or personal reasons. But be wary, Nightmares are creatures of your own personal darkness. It’s either you control them, or they control you. Vagrants who are caught by the Guardians will be asked to surrender their nightmares completely. Defying this will make you a wanted criminal, and orders will be to kill your nightmare on sight. Learn to elude Guardians (they cannot sense Vagrants or Ferals without the aid of a Watcher).

*Watchers:
    You are the sentient. You are given a choice of an active of passive Nightmare. If you choose to have an active Nightmare, your visions are limited, you can only see a particular vision. (E.g. You can only see the future, you can only see Vagrants and not Feral's Nightmare; you can only see future deaths, etc.)The Watcher Role is open again, but I need to review your profile (and some other) before you can contribute to the game.

++++
    A note for anyone who wants to join: The RP is in the progressive stage. At this point, any new characters must understand that the major players will be plot-driven and may not be ready to interact at once. You are encouraged to fit in with the storyline, since a summary is currently being prepared. If I like your Sign-Up character, you will surely get a PM from me. If not, I might be saving you for a future task.

You can also always approach me with an idea or a sub-plot your character would like to tackle.

Happy RP-ing everybody!

++

RULES (Please READ the following! VERY IMPT.) *UPDATED*:

1. Only nightmares can battle.

The MAP is made so people don't get lost with each other (which I noticed was a common problem--of mine? hehe). You don't have to be constrained by the map, just don't disregard it. (e.g. Your character suddenly pops from the Hospital to the Factory). I will be making quests dependent on the map soon.

3. Guardians are not allowed to attack Vagrants/Ferals in their human form. They are, however, allowed to mingle, observe, spy and make allies. (Careful who you make allies with, though, because…)

4. You are given the option to “hide” your role. If you choose to do this, you must PM me your hidden role before I approve it. I will, then, relay the information to the available Watcher. Watchers can also hide who they are.

5. The GM will be in constant communication with the Watcher. This means he/she knows certain plot twists, character info, details, etc. that may be important to the game.

6. Because some people will hide their role, it is encourage to READ EVERYONE’S POSTS.

7. Daytime and Nighttime are controlled by the players but please be considerate about it. (Eg. Do not suddenly introduce “daytime” if the preceding post just designated night.)

8. Ferals can turn to Guardians or Vagrants. To become a Guardian, you have to be aware of your Nightmare first. Second, you have to seek ou a Guardian (or maybe you'll get lucky to come across one). To become a Vagrant is a personal choice (You have to PM me this if you wish it concealed).

9. IMPORTANT: To tame a Nightmare, you have to pass a Guardian’s “test”. Guardians will get the privilege to pass or fail a Feral character. To pass, you have to fulfill a TASK given by the Guardian. This can be RP-based (e.g. an RPG battle), AF-based (e.g. post a thread in the Misc Forum or change your avatar), post-based (e.g. post a picture of a cat), or internet-based (e.g. visit the Guardian’s external blog site and submit a comment). I want this to be as interactive as it possibly can BUT if I catch anybody abusing this privilege, you’re out.

10. Guardians have the privilege of asking a Watcher about a character’s hidden roles. (you have to PM me, in case the Watcher does not want to reveal who he/she is). But that doesn’t mean you can’t FORCE it out of a character you suspect to be the Watcher. *evil hint*

11. Vagrants have the privilege of simply popping in into the RP. Haha

12. *UPDATED* Three (3) characters per user for now. Watchers can only use ONE (1) character. You can't have TWO Feral characters. Once a Feral turns into a Guardian/Vagrant, you can make a new character. Vagrants should choose which of their Nightmare or Human is more dominant. (NOTE: Rule # 12 can change in the future.)

13. It is required to format your post like this:

Location: Depending on the map of the city (otherwise, use 'Unknown')
    Role: Feral, Guardian, Watcher, Vagrant, or Unrevealed
    Items: --

POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY
    POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY

14. *UPDATED* NPC's are UNLIMITED as long as they are discarded on the same post they were introduced. You are given the privilege to control a fairly active NPC character without introducing them in the Sign-up Thread as long as this NPC will be dependent on your main characters. NPC's of this sort are usually normal humans devoid of Nightmares and are only used as plot/character devices.

15. NO GOD-MODDING. NO SPAM. 5 POSTS/DAY.

16. I command you to interact with as many users as you can! XD

17. This is a horror RPG, so I expect you guys to scare the beegees out of me and the other forumers hyuk hyuk! BUT keep the violence, no profanities and sexual innuendos to a minimum. Be reasonable about this rule, and you can let you get away with anything.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 06-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

Role: Feral
    Items: None

“You clumsy brat!” Mathilde slapped the girl. “That was another perfectly good bowl of soup you ruined!”

Madeleine wiped the floor with a dirty rag, all the while taking it slaps and kicks from her fuming aunt. “I-I’m sorry auntie…”

“What’s all that racket?” Bill cried.

“This stupid girl dropped the bowl of soup I asked her to carry to the table. She’s such a useless little klutz!”

Bill stood from his chair and grabbed Madeleine’s skinny arms. “Is that so, girl? Well, tell ya what… that was your dinner you dropped. If I were you, I’d take that rag and squeeze out what you can.”

In her young mind, Madeleine knew anger. She knew justice. She knew them if not for the books she has read, the stories she could remember her parents telling her before they left her. Justice.

J-U-S-T-I-C-E. Justice. It’s only a word.

“Well, aren’t you gonna cry, girlie?” her uncle teased, the stench of liquor stinging her nose.

In her young mind, Madeleine can come up with all and every reason to force out the tears. In her age, it was easy. Youth always gave you excuses. She, for one, had all the reasons in the world.

“Not today, Uncle.” Madeleine replied.

Bill’s face turned purple as he watched his fragile ego crash with the simplest of words. He shook the frail girl to her knees and dragged her out of the kitchen. “So you think you’re so smart now, huh? Stupid little brat. I take you in after your mother gots herself killed and you dare be a smart aleck? If not for me, you’d be in the streets. You’d be dead! Stupid brat! You need discipline! God, you need discipline and by jove, I’ma gonna give it!”

Discipline. Another word Madeleine was familiar with. D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E. Discipline.

Do you realize that saying a word again and again, watching the letters fit into words, the words disappear and they become totally meaningless? Words are so fragile that way. Like a puzzle… a jigsaw… No meaning without another.

“You’ll stay there without food, you disgusting piece of crap!” Bill cried kicking open the dark, moldy space of the basement. He flung the shaking Madeleine inside. He slammed the door shut and fit the key on the lock.

On the other side of the door, Madeleine’s fingernails scratched on the wood again and again. She whimpered and shivered. She was a drowning survivor, clinging onto anything that came afloat. She has always been afraid of the dark. Ever since she could remember, her heart would beat violently at the thought of being alone without lights. Desperately, Madeleine lowered her head to the floor, catching the thin beam of light from the crevice of the door. It will be gone soon too… When her aunt and uncle retire for the night… Before that happens, she has to escape.

Sleep… a voice whispered, as if caressing her head gently. Sleep, Madeleine.

She wondered who that voice belonged to, it seemed awfully familiar. Her heart has slowed down from its race. She allowed herself to drift away.

“So that’s why the voice was familiar…” she sighed as she closed her eyes.

In the dark, all you can hear is yourself.
    Last edited by ShadowWalker; 10-08-2009 at 06:24 AM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Junior Member Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2009 07:52 AM
    Threads

Role: Vagrant
    Items: MP3 Player

"I used to roll the dice... Feel the fear in my enemies' eyes..."

Demetrius Falcon closed his eyes as he continued listening to one of Coldplay's greatest hits. Bliss. And the silence of the cemetery is also adding to his good mood. He hasn't had a great night like this in a while...

"Don't get your hopes up too high now"

Demetrius bolted up, taking off his headphones, staring at the blank air of the cemetery. Who was that, he wondered, as he looked around for any people around. Realizing that he's actually alone, he muttered a curse under his breath as he began to speak with his "other" self.

"Shut up, you old hag," he said to himself.

"Old hag? Clearly you are blind if you don't see the beauty I possess," said Elizabeth Rothschild, Demetrius' Vampiric Nightmare.

"Beauty? Don't make me laugh... you're nothing but a parasite to me"

Suddenly, Elizabeth's lovely form appeared from the darkness, mocking Demetrius by playing with his blood red hair.

"Oh you don't really believe in that, do you now, Master Demetrius?" she said, in a rough, tempting voice.

Demetrius moved away from her touch, shuddering a little bit.

"Stay the heck away from me!" he yelled. "I don't care about what you think, it doesn't matter to me! I've succeeded in controlling you, so whatever you say is irrelevant to me!"

Elizabeth smiled, her fangs glinting under the moonlight sky.

"Of course, Master Demetrius. I live only to serve," she said, bowing gracefully.

Quick as a flash, Elizabeth disappeared, re-appearing behind Demetrius, hugging him close.

"But know this, I crave only for the feeling of vengeance you so willingly show. If this feeling should ever disappear from your spirit... I'LL SUCK THE BLOOD OUT OF YOUR VEINS"

And with that, Elizabeth bit Demetrius neck, blood gushing rapidly out from the wound.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AHHHH!"

Demetrius bolted upright, clenching his neck. Sweat drenched his whole face as he realized that he fell asleep.

Shuddering and out of breath, Demetrius tried to calm himself down. It was just a dream, you're not bleeding... It's just... a nightmare...

Demetrius decided that now is not the time to rest and as he put back the headphones into his ears, he went towards the direction of the library...

"Never said an honest word... but that was when I ruled the world..."

Last edited by Shirosaki Hichigo; 05-27-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role: watcher
    Items: none
    Melinda looked out the window to the darkness, the wind played with a tree in her eyesight. How long has she been here now 2 years? 4 years? more than that? She did not know and could not really care either the life here was not very diffrent from the institute they found her in except that she had more places to go, had her own bathroom and the food was much better. She heard a squal behind her and was pulled from the window "Melinda you know the guardians hate it when you are near the window when night had fallen". she looked at the elderly woman who started to fuss over the kimono she wore "i want to go outside.." the woman looked up "you know that is not possible melinda" she straightend "i have to go there wil be a guardian to check on you later, see you tommorow night dear". The elderly lady left and melinda returned to the window she glanced at the handle and grabbed it opening the window, she took a deep breath and sat on the windowsill as she closed her eyes.
    Last edited by Nespa; 05-27-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed

SEAN'S POV

This ought to be a good place to rest.

I sniff my breath, still smelling the blood of that girl. I should have brought my toothbrush. Blood always gives one a hell of a morning breath.

Hmm... is that scuffling I hear?

That sounds like the scuffling of a human being. Hmm... I wonder... should I? I check my mood, mulling it over.

I shrug to myself. I had my fill of blood, and what I really need now is a good brush. Hmm... yes maybe that human has a toothbrush.

With the help of my shadows, I take a look inside to see a slumped figure trying to get some sleep. Male. Apparently homeless. Doesn't look like the type to carry a toothbrush.

Darn.

I leave the slumped figure, wondering if there are other ways I can brush my teeth in this place. I look southwards at the little houses made of cardboard. One of those people may have a toothbrush.

I cracked my knuckles, ready for a raid.

I'm going to get my teeth brushed, and I'll probably have to break someone's neck to do it.

---

After the fifth cardboard house, I was bored and needed some fun but hey finally, there it was, a toothbrush.

I guess just because your poor doesn't mean you have to live an unhygenic life. I like this people. Maybe I'll go to the sixth house to play...

But I'm really bored...

Hmm.

---------------

GLAIZA'S POV:

Huh?

You would have guessed that waking up behind an abandoned building early in the morning would have been the first thing I've noticed, but unfortunately I've long gotten used to this. The last time was waking up in the middle of the cemetery, with a lot of dead bodies, so I'm thinking this is one heck of an improvement.

Nope, the first thing I noticed about this day was that I woke up without screaming. I leaned back and smiled; I've always treasured this rare moments, no matter where I woke up.

After indulging in a few moments, I stood up and brushed myself. I need some breakfast, I think to myself. I patted myself to see if I still have some money on me.

"Sorry babe, I spent what you had last night. Needed to have a little fun, a little drink, if you know what I mean"

Sean.

I feel a little tiny hole poked into my bubble, sucking just a little bit of my happiness away. I knew it was too good to be true.

"What did you do, Sean?"

"Absolutely nothing, boss. You know me. Ever since I've decided to go straight, all my fun and games have been tucked away, and all I do is serve you, right?"

Should I believe him?

I probably shouldn't. He is after all my nightmare, personified. He has killed so many before. I know that I have very little control over him, maybe even none.

"Babe, you don't have to worry, I did say that you have all control over me, right? A promise is a promise."

"Ok then, if you say so."

I decide to just let it go. I mean I am hungry, as if I spent the whole of last night running a marathon. Whatever, I need breakfast because I have to work in a few hours.

The Coffee shop awaits.

SEAN'S POV

Glaiza is as always a trusting idiot.

I mean what kind of idiot trusts her nightmare? That's why I love this babe.
    Last edited by janajee; 05-27-2009 at 09:28 AM.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Items: Old blanket

Alex cowered under his blanket as he tried to ignore the various noises that came from the old factory. He wrapped it around him, trying to gain some warmth from it as he sat in the corner of the factory.

Long ago deserted, neglect had become it's friend. During the day, it was like any other abandoned building.

Once dark though, the factory would seem different. It almost seemed alive. Strange, deep murmurs, a cold draft eminating from the place making your skin cold, shivering, pale.

No one lived here with Alex, at least no one alive.

Alex shut his eyes, trying to ignore the dark shadows that danced and frolicked in his vision.

"Why do I live here?!" thought Alex, hating the fact that he came back to this god forsaken place every night. He didn't have a lot of choices though, it was either here or the streets and the streets were a brutal place.

He ran a hand through his dirty uncombed blond hair, trying to sooth his frazzled nerves.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Senior Member shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads

OOC: I'm assuming that the nightmares have their own forms. But I'm also assuming that they're born from the darkness in ones heart, there for I'm assuming that they can take over the person who they belong to

Role: Vagrant (50/50 split dominance)
    Items: Wallet, House Keys, Bus Ticket

"This is so stupid..." the boy muttered to himself. He sat at the bus stop waiting for some time. There wasn't a single person around late at night, he stayed late at the police station. Why? Because he was being interviewed by a man that worked there. After all, the one that was there was an ex-doctor who worked with his case. Bilingual Personality was a rare case but was one exhibited in Saito at the time. They managed to cure that, or at least thats what the record showed. "When's the bus going to come, it's getting kind of disturbing here. I still don't really like the dark after all." he said to himself aloud.

Soon after this, a figure appeared near him and sat at the bus stop with him. It was a large man with many piercings on his eyebrows, ears and nose. A very frightening man with dark skin and hair and an intimidatingly scary looking face. A face that could scare even the toughest of men. The man stood over Saito and grabbed his arm, "Give me all your money!" he said, in a deep husky voice. Saito didn't really no what to do. His whole person was filed with fear at that moment. He decided to run, it didn't seem that the bus was coming soon, and it was probably best to get to the residential area anyway. He pushed the man away and ran as fast as he could in a direction he hoped was where the residential area.

Role: Vagrant (50/50 split dominance)
    Items: Wallet, House Keys, Bus Ticket

He ran for what seemed like hours, and possibly it could have been that long. He finally made it to a building that looked like an abandoned factory. He hadn't been to this side of town before so he assumed since he wasn't familiar to his surroundings, he was lost. He looked around a bit and then caught a glipse of the man who was at the bus stop, "Ah, he's still after me!" he said to himself in panic. The man managed to catch up and pinned him against a wall, "Give me your wallet!" the man said.

Saito was really not happy with how the situation turned out, he closed his eyes in preparation of what was about to happen, that is until a voice rang in his head...

"Idiot! You really can't handle these situations yourself can you?" said a voice in his head.

"Oi! Now isn't the time to come out. Don't do anything Yami!" he said outloud.

"Shut up! Who are you talking to?" said the man, grabbing him by his shirt and lifting him off the ground, "Give me what I need!"

"Oh shut up..." said Saito's voice in reply, "I'll give you exactly what you deserve for harming my host..." Saito's face smield an evil grin forming on it. The form of Saito rippled slightly, becoming a little smaller that before. When the shadowed form cleared, there stood a young girl dressed in black, standing there with an wicked smile, "Hehehe... I was wondering how much longer I had to wait, it's been almost a week since the last time I tasted the blood a human." the girl said.

The man's eyes widened in shock as the girl pierced through him with her arm. Her arm seemed to have extended into a long sharp blade. "Hehe, That was a lot more fun than I expected..." the girl said. Once again the form ripped and darkened, this time reverting to it's previous shape. Saito clutched his head in pain, "Argh!" he shouted after seeing the mans corpse laying on the ground.

"I told you not to kill anymore Yami..." he said in a lecturing voice

"You should thank me for protecting you Nii-san.."

"Don't call me that!" Saito said, he collapsed to the ground out of exhaustion, "... I'm going to sleep here, I hope I can trust you not to do anything violent..." he said.

"Don't worry about me, Just sleep..." she said with a grin on her face.

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou

Junior Member Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: MP3 Player

A loud scream pierced through the night as Demetrius approached the city library. Hmm... it seems that the "nightmares" are quite active these past few months. Indifferent to things around him, Demetrius amplified the volume of his MP3 player as finally reached the libraries main door.

A poster on the wall caught Demetrius' attention and he began to read the description on it.

"Fear not fellow citizens, you no longer have to fear the night. "Guardians" are here to protect you. Now recruiting..."

"A recruitment poster? To be a Guardian? Don't make me laugh," Demetrius said to himself. The only thing worst than having to deal with your own nightmare, is to deal with other people's nightmares as well. It's too troublesome.

Noticing that the door was locked, Demetrius decided to not even bother looking for another way in. And besides, what's breaking and entering without the breaking?

"Hey, hag. I need your help"

"Of course you do, Master"

Feeling the urge of a hungry "nightmare" taking over, Demetrius prepared to face his fear for the fifty-seventh time.

Demetrius felt tears dripping from his eyes as his pupils turned red, signaling the transformation of Elizabeth. As teardrops fell onto his hands, he realized once again... that those were not tears.

Screaming at sight of his dreaded fear, Demetrius disappeared into a cocoon of shadows and as it dispersed, there stood, the platinum-haired temptress.

Elizabeth cherished air of the midnight sky. There's no better feeling than breathing the fresh air right out of the dream world. Except the blood of a human, of course.

"Quit staring blankly into space and get to work, Elizabeth"

"Sigh... you never let me have some fun, Master Demetrius," she replied as she bit her own wrist.

The blood oozing from the bite quickly harden as Elizabeth shaped it into a thin, yet razor-sharp blade. Striking as quick as a snake, Elizabeth carved three separate slashes through the door, breaking it.

"Anybody here?" Elizabeth asked, giggling.

"Well obviously not, it's one am in the morning," Demetrius said from the dream state. "Now go find the book"

"Aww... I thought I would have some fun tonight"

As if someone heard Elizabeth's wish, the library's caretaker showed up from the other side of the room, carrying a flashlight. He gasped as he saw Elizabeth's blood, dripping all over the floor but at the same time he was mesmerized by Elizabeth's stunning beauty.

"Are you alright there, young missy?"

Elizabeth grinned demonically, showing her fearsome fangs.

"Oh you have no idea..."

"NO! ELIZABETH, STOP!" Demetrius cried.

But it was to no avail as Elizabeth was thrown into a state of blood lust. Quick as a flash, Elizabeth struck the caretaker and bit clean through his juglar vein, blood sprinkling all over the walls like a fountain.

Demetrius, seeing all the blood through Elizabeth's eyes, couldn't keep conscious anymore as his fear brought him back to the night he detested the most....

Last edited by Shirosaki Hichigo; 05-27-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Jace
    Items: N/A

The boy kept running. Running for his dear life. He pasted between bins and knocked some over for good measure. He didn't dare look back. He never wanted to see that thing again. He kept running. His nightmare sat on his shoulder, bleeding from stub that was once its arm. The boy cried crystal tears as he ran. The nightmare was in to much pain to be of any good. The boy just kept running.
    "Run, Run as fast as you can. I can catch you, you ain't the gingerbread man." Said a creepy voice. The sound coming from all around the kid. The boy froze in terror. He slowly turned his head and gasped. There was nothing there. He turned back around and continued to run. He turned one corner and could see the street lights. He was safe. He sighed a breath of relief and began running faster. He got closer and closer. He was almost there.
    Then he hit the wall with a heavy thud. His nightmare got flung from his shoulder and he landed on his back. He looked up. It wasn't the street it was just a wall. He clawed desperatly at it. Why? He had just seen the street. Then he heard footsteps behind him. He began to cry and sob more. He slowly turned.
    Standing at the end of the alley was a tall figure bathed in moonlight. His face lit with glee at the boys suffering, and a scythe resting on his shoulder. His form seemed so hungry as it stood there. Blood dripped from the scythe and a madness gleemed from behind his eyes.
    "Caught you my little birdy." Jace said slowly. The boy began to push against the wall. His nightmare standing defintly between him and jace, still clutching the stub. It raised its wings and feathers shot out towards Jace. They passed him by as though he wasn't there. "Did you enjoy the little show birdy?" Jace asked, suddenly appearing closer. "Do you want to see how it ends?" Jace laughed. He began walking closer to the boy. The boy paniced and was too scared to do anything. Jace just smiled. His shadow twisting and reaching out for the boy. He smiled and raised his scythe into the air.
    "Night Night birdy." He said. And the air around the slums was filled with the dying screams of the boy and the joyful laughter of Jace.

------------

Karn
    Location: Post office street heading towards the Teaberry coffee shop.
    Role: Guardian
    Items: Pie, Guardian reports

Karn began eating his Meat and Potatoe pie as soon as he left the post office. He enjoied the little pastry section they had there. Though not much choice they all tasted great. He had paid the precise amount of money just like his father had taught him. For no one wanted to have to give change. He took another bite of his pie and began looking at the reports.
    Once again there was reports of nightmares and their controllers being killed. Choped up in a sadistic way and left to die. Break-ins and verious other reports were all before him. None of them had been seen too. He made a silent curse under his breath. He had been told to take that night off and like always nothing happened. Did none of the other guardians care? They had a job to do. Failure was not an option for them.
    He took another bite and turned the corner. It was still early so not many people were about. Karn wished for a day when there would be more watchers. It would make the job simple. But so would getting rid of the rule about attacking those in human form.
    As he walked by the coffee shop he noticed Piers. He looked tried. Unlucky for him. Karn made a quick turn and entered the shop. He walked straight over to Piers who was being served.

"Huh. Must have been a double order."

"I'll take that." Karn said as he sat down opposite Piers. He put down his reports with a thud and he picked the coffee from the waitress. Then he looked at her for a moment. "Well don't you have others things to be doing?" he turned away from her to look at Piers. He decided to give him a moment before saying anything.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Items: Work-related items and concealed Guardian radio

Piers was just finishing his work in the Psych ward of St. Birch hospital, having to work third-shift the previous night. As part of the procedure involved when he was relieved of his duties, passing them on to the first shift, he had to update the first shift supervisor, Lloyd, on the night’s progress.

Standing in Lloyd’s office, Piers attempted to give a full report of the individuals in the ward. Lloyd was watching television in his office (surely violating protocol), his back to Piers, pretending to hear what Piers was saying, giving an occasional “yeah, uh-huh,” to Piers’s comments.

“Robert Fawkes is improving, but I need to remind you that we have yet to confirm a diagnosis on him, sir. As for June Bingham, she…” Piers stopped, noticing that Lloyd was obviously not listening. His mischievous side overwhelming his air of confident seriousness, he decided to play off of Lloyd’s ignorance. Resuming his sentence, Piers said, “As I was saying, June proceeded to sprout wings last night. Strangest thing. We think she’s perched on top of the hospital. The machine that makes owl noises up there to scare the birds off has no effect on her, but we intend to study this phenomenon. This concludes my report.” Lloyd didn’t even know Piers had finished his report and had walked out of the office.

“Apathy,” Piers thought to himself as he walked down the Psych ward’s corridor. “I’m sick of it. You know, they call the week that Christ suffered for us ‘Passion’ week…that’s why we have trouble understanding His sacrifice. What do we know of passion, or resolve? Of commitment?” Feeling himself looming on the edge of a diatribe on Kierkegaard and his remarks on commitment, Piers decided to just calm down and get back into his normal clothes, a gray dress jacket over his blue turtleneck and black pants. Brushing his blond hair to the side with his left hand, still not used to it after his years of short hair due to his service in the US Army, he said goodbye to some of his third-shift coworkers and also to some of the first-shift staff that he didn’t know as well.

Piers walked out to his car, got in, and began driving to the Teaberry coffee shop, a favorite spot of his to read and listen to Bach, second only to his own home which was very close nearby. He felt his small radio, issued to him by the Guardians, in his pocket. Piers had the small radio set so that it would only sound like a pager, common hospital equipment. It had not responded in quite some time…good news, to say the least. It meant that Karn, Duo, and Harue, the guardian trainee, were all fine. Melinda was no doubt doing well, too. Boy, did that girl love to look out the window. Piers hated the fact that she was confined to the indoors…it probably didn’t seem, due to her situation, that she was the single most important thing the Guardians had. She was certainly the most valuable asset of the Guardians, but that thought itself was unsettling, making Melinda appear to be more of an asset than a person. Piers sincerely hoped that Melinda did enjoy her stay with the Guardians, for she had given them precious information many times, her skills being unparalleled.
    Items: Guardian radio, Bible and notebook with pen

Piers arrived at the Teaberry coffee shop and stepped inside, carrying a Bible and a notebook with a pen from his car. Despite the fact that he would have to sleep soon, the “graveyard” shift at the hospital robbing him of his normal habit of sleeping at night, Piers ordered coffee. He wouldn’t likely be able to go to sleep before 1pm anyway. Sitting down at a table with his coffee, he began to read and relax. For some reason however, he remained troubled due to his concern over the progress, or lack thereof, of some of his beloved patients at the hospital.

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Coffeeshop Uniform, Two Cups of Coffee, A Chocolate Croissant

GLAIZA'S POV:

After a quick change at home, I rush to the coffee shop. I guess I could always beg the boss to give me just a tiny little discount on the breakfast menu. A hungry waitress is a not a happy waitress, I always say.

"You're late again" the manager greets at me as soon as I walk in from the backdoor.

"Sorry boss" I connect my fingers, trying to look cute.

"Let me guess, breakfast?"

See this is why I love working here

"Yes please!"

"Hahaha, fine. But you have to serve the good doctor his coffee first" The manager laughed as she handed me a croissant and two cups of coffee.

"Hmm, is that chocolate? You know I love chocolate"

I look around, shocked, wondering if anyone could hear him, and then for the thousandth time, I realize that of course, Sean's my living nightmare. Of course I'm the only one being tortured by his existence.

"Come on, babe, you know, it ain't that bad."

I ignore him as I make my way to Dr. Piers.

---

"Here's your coffee, doc"

The good doctor seems as always, as haggard as ever. He looks like he's had no sleep at all.

Then she notices the cup of coffee already on his table... Oops?

"Huh. Must have been a double order."

"I'd like some coffee"

Please Sean, shut up.
    Last edited by janajee; 05-27-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    ---

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Items: Bible, notebook and pen, coffee, Guardian radio

A voice broke through Piers’s thoughts, and he looked up to find that Glaiza had brought him more coffee. Piers laughed, mostly because she kept calling him “doc,” following her boss’s lead. He had seen her here plenty of times before and she always had the effect of taking his mind off his work, despite the fact that the girl didn’t appear to be carefree in the least.

After a few short chuckles, Piers said, “I’m not technically a doctor, but I appreciate the remark. Maybe one day, huh?” Piers had a bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology that he was able to finish while serving in the Army, and had aspirations of going further one day. Yet, his mind was abundantly occupied for the time being with things of a more serious nature. “I was just curious, Glaiza…what’s your last name? I’ve never…”

Piers was suddenly interrupted when a familiar figure entered the coffee shop from the dark outside where the sun had yet to rise. “Karn,” Piers thought to himself, groaning inwardly when he saw the mass of papers he was carrying. When the papers landed with a good deal of weight on the table, Piers saw his hopes of going to bed soon fall with them. He had no doubt that Karn was enjoying himself as he hastily introduced more work for Piers. He even suspected that Karn’s abrupt response to Glaiza was intended to put him on the spot, as Karn would expect Piers to intervene, reassuring Glaiza that her presence was not bothersome.

However, Karn did seem to have much more on his mind than usual…was it something to do with the paperwork he placed on the table? Piers interjected some quick words towards Glaiza. “Glaiza, he’s just not a morning person. But, I do think he wants to talk business with me.” Piers hoped that his indirect appeal for privacy wouldn’t offend his favorite waitress.

Closing his Bible, Piers looked up at Karn. It was obvious now…he seemed concerned, though he was usually pretty serious and reserved. Despite that, the two did joke with each other quite a bit, along with Duo. The experiences he’d had with both men had caused him to view both of them as closer than brothers.

A new campaign was out, one that was either genius…or pure absurdity. Posters concerning the Guardians had been placed around town. They would appear to be a prank to those who had no idea concerning the nightmares…but those that did and usually kept to themselves as a result…they were the intended audience. One recruit was being trained currently, as a matter of fact.

“Alright, Karn…what’s on your mind?” Piers said, brushing his hair from his face with obvious fatigue.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Items:

Melinda gasped her eyes shoot open but were glazed over "piers, duo, karn..others she raised her hand to her mouth "a battle, a very big battle uprising of some sort" she coughed as the vision was done and she looked at the moon tiredly "a big battle.. but with whom.." she was very tired which was normal after a vision "who.." her eyes dropped as she fell asleep she fell slightly sidewards and landed on the porch. In her room a silent alarm went off warning the nearest Guardians.
    Last edited by Nespa; 05-27-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Role: Feral
    Items: Straight jacket

He was sitting in the room. Bound up and mumbling to himself incoherently.
    "And then the rain left fire at the taco when people swam in bear," he mumbled a little.
    Grell all though semi aware that he was asleep and not asleep was also semi aware he was him and not him.
    "Don't go drain the king and the pilot fly high sky,"
    He didn't know if he could channel or even coherently think of what was going nor could he coherently channel a dreaming sleep. He twiddled around in the straight jacket and this wiggling poked something in the mind.
    "Ninety nine bottles and ah I haven't voted yet," Grell said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Items: Notebook, pen, books

Harue had a spare key to get into the library whenever he felt like it. And there leave little notes if he took out some books, for the librarian to know that he had taken the books.
    He was writing and reading at the same time. In most cases he liked to collect bits of information from a book to forever remember. Most found this odd and he found it helpful. And there was nothing else to really do. Harue preferred it this way. Quiet and dark.fore he tended to go when it was less crowded and noisy. Nighttime. He would

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Karn
    Items: Pie, Guardian reports, coffee

"Piers a lot of things are on my mind but some more pressing then others." Karn said rubbing his temples and taking a drink of the coffee. He flicked through the reports and selected a few. He laided them out in front of Piers.
    "Look at these." He said pointing at them, "Have you seen what's been happening?" He pushed each one forward as he talked about it.
    "Bodies being mutilted, Nightmares being destroyed leaving there human mindless, careworkers drained dry." He took another drink gulping down a good bit of the coffee. "These are just some of the reports I'm having to go through. What the hell is happening out there? There is what....four or five of us? And one watcher? This is silly considering how much is happening around here."
    He turned to Glaiza, who he noticed was still there.
    "Sorry for my earlier comment Miss. Em but could you bring me something to eat. Anything really, I'm not picky."
    He then turned back to Piers.
    "I'm not pinning any blame on you. Your just unlucky to be the first guardian I've come across. But something needs done." He sighed heavy and finished the last of the coffee. "It is our job is it not? Mark, god rest his soul, would be spinning in his grave had he known things were becoming like this." Most of the guardians knew that Mark was the one who found and trained Karn as a Guardian. He had died two years ago fighting to defend the watcher. Karn still mourned him.
    "We need to find out why this is happening. Why is there such an increase in ferals and vagrants?" He paused realising he had been talking for a bit. "Well?" He asked.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

Owns someone xD But who? Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2009 11:38 PM
    Threads

Ooc: I'm gone for a day and you guys leave me behind. XD

Items: Wallet, Pocket watch, Small flashlight, Small knife

"L-LEAVE ME ALONE!" Alban cried as a group of boys started to harass him. Tears started to run down his face.

"Awww the little baby going to cry?" the tallest kid started to say while the others stood around and laughed.

"Why don't you go home? Oh wait you can't, because your parents beat you! Infact.." The kid struc Alban punching him across the face.

"I-I-I wouldn't do that...please stop, I don't want to hurt you!" He said now in complete tears.

"YOU hurt US?" with a sarcastic tone in his voice "You wouldn't hurt a wall." The boy said kicking him now.

Alban's heart stopped in a flash his appearance began to grow some what darker skined.

"W-what's happening?" One of the brats said in confusion and terror.

Alban stood up and started to laugh hysterically. "I TOLD YOU BRATS NOT TO HIT ME!" His eyes went black and a black hood appeared over his head, his body got muscular and taller. There stood the might Kabru, his nightmare. "Do you want to know what real pain feels like!?" From his back he drew a large ax. Alban started to cry as he was about to swing the ax "This...this is true pain." He came down with one great swing and chopped the boys into pieces, they were so shocked none of them could move.

Once Alban reverted back, he was conscious through it all, he said in a shaky voice "I-I-I told you not to hit me." He said walking away nervously. He heard more screams of terror from another boy (Valk I'm coming towards your character.)

Thank you Nespa for the banner!
    "Just because your dead...doesn't mean you don't deserve a fair trial!"

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items:

Melinda coughed and shivert, the sound of the comunication radio was beeping in the background. she pushed herself to her knee's ignoring her sore shoulder and stood swaying slightly. she stil felt so tired but she moved inside, the ID code told her it was pierce calling", she grabbed the mic "Pierce, i had a vision a big battle between the guardians and another group the others are unclear" she sat down against the kabinet where the radio was on top "i..i am gonna sleep, i am not feeling so well" her eyes sinked closed and the mic dropped from her hands.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Karn
    Items: Guardian reports

Karn shifted himself so he was more comfatable in his seat. He listened to what Piers had to say and took it all in. Piers face dropped slightly and Karn knew that he too was thinking of Mark. Karn sighed and rested a hand on Piers shoulder to comfort him.
    "Sometime you should listen to that ex-soldier part. I'm sure more good can come from finding out what is going on then from letting it develop more." He took his hand off and smiled. "Hey, no one said this job would be easy when we sighed up for it did they?" He laughed a bit, it seemed a bit put on but some of it was honest. Good moral would help this. They couldn't afford to fail.
    He heard the pager object go off again. Karn sighed a little knowing he had left his at home. It was a stupid mistake to make and he would have been beaten for it when he was a kid. But not now.
    "So is that Melinda? Whats it say?"

-----------

Jace
    Items: N/A

The boys screams filled Jace's ears. He threw his head back and laughed in happyness. He let Thanatos fall from his hands as he himself fell backwards and just laughed more.
    "Feeling happy, boy" Thanatos spoke.
    "I'm just having fun thats all." He looked at the blood on his hands and slwoly brought it closer to his face. He slowly licked some of it and swollowed it. It tasted horrid and he laughed at himself again. "I have to have some fun. His nightmare was so weak." He tilted his head to look at the scythe. "You know what I mean. The weak die. I must become strong so taht I can't. If I keep this up I will be the strongest. Then I won't be able to die."
    Thanatos then shook. Jace quickly whipped him up and swinging himself up so he was standing began lokking around. "What is it Thanatos? Someone new?"
    "Someone strong, Boy."
    "Perfect. I want to feel alive." Jace replied. He vaulted up the wall with Thanatos in hand. He used the bottom of him as a support to flip himself on to a roof. Jace giggled in glee as he ran between the slumy buildings. He cartwheeled over one set and landed on a wall. Thanatos swung behind him and held in place with one hand. Jace panted and looked down at the carnage below. The people hade be destoryed so uncleanly. This was blunt weapon work. Not clean like Thanatos. Jace then noticed a young boy staggering away. He licked his lips in joy.
    "No! Not that one, boy."
    "Why not?"
    "We can use him, boy. Recruit him to help flush out the strong, boy."
    Jace still managed a smile. He did a few flips and spun the scythe in the air allowing him to land near the boy. He scared him so much he fell back and landed on his bottom. Jace extended a hand and smiled.
    "Hello there. What's your name?"

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Items: Bible, notebook and pen, Guardian radio

Karn, as usual, had sound logic. After looking at the gruesome photos, emotions of sorrow and rage welling up as he did so, he turned them over so no onlookers would notice them as well. He looked up at Karn, his serious concern seeming to spread to his own tired face. Karn wasn’t blaming him, and he knew that…but he couldn’t help feeling responsible for the victims of these nightmares. Some Guardian he was…

Piers began to speak only loudly enough for Karn to hear him.

“You’re right, Karn. The increase is undeniable. Back when Mark fought, it was nothing to locate the enemy and apprehend the nightmares in short order. Yet, this increase is complicating things. There’s some…correlation, something has caused this…I hope Melinda can tell us, because by the time we find out, there won’t be enough of us to bury the bodies and fight the loose nightmares.” Piers’s mind was flooded with memories of Mark, the amazingly skilled Guardian who was feared by his enemies and loved by his allies…especially Karn, his trainee. Karn’s amazing skills were no doubt the result of Mark’s direct training. Mark’s loss was a great loss for the Guardians.

“The ex-soldier in me wants to perform recon and guess where they’ll strike next, but we both know that the body count will not justify this tactic…there is an epidemic spreading around here, and…” Piers was suddenly interrupted by something that sounded like a pager. It was the Guardian radio. He looked up at Karn after looking at it for a brief second. “Something seems to have happened to Melinda, but someone has already responded. Let's hope she knows something. Without her, we're playing the deadliest waiting game there is."

Piers resituated himself in his chair and looked at Karn. "I think it's clear, Karn, that we need a united front against this terror. Our trainee will have to be ready quickly. Until then, let's keep close contact with one another. I'm going to take some time off and look around for the next few nights. Does this sound like a plan so far? I'm hinging this all on the fact that maybe, if we apprehend another one, we can get some info from Melinda...or hopefully sooner."

Piers requested an update on Melinda by radio, speaking softly under his breath. He knew it might take a while to get a response.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Items: Blanket

Alex noticed the strange figure enter the factory and look at him. He didn't know why but something didn't feel right about him. He left soon though, leaving Alex alone once more.

Creak.

'What was that?' thought Alex, on edge. Something wasn't right. He could hear noises other then the usual moanings and groanings of the factory. This noise was...otherworldly. Like the faint whisperings of the damned...

"What's wrong Alex, scared?"

Alex froze with fear, beads of sweat began to drip from his brow, and he dared not breath. He knew that voice all too well, it was the voice that haunted his every sleeping moment. Animus.

Animus uttered a dark chuckle and materialized from the shadows, in all his ghostly glory. His face was covered by the cloak he wore, which did not look like it was made with any fabric made by man, the way it wiggled and writhed told that much.

Animus then moved forward silent as always with his usual aura of malice about. Though he could not see his eyes, he could tell Animus was giving him a look that would frighten even the most hardened warrior.

"Alex, Alex, Alex." said Animus, with his usual dark voice, "How about we see what color you insides are?"

"NO!"

WHAM!

Alex's head hit the ground hard. He had fallen asleep sometime after the figure appeared.

Not wanting to risk another encounter with Animus, he grabbed his blanket and ran outside. Not bothering to enjoy the crisp night air or how beautiful the stars were, he bolted towards the slums, sure that he'd find a better place to sleep.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Items: Bible, notebook and pen, Guardian radio

Piers was certain that his face reflected the message before he delivered it to Karn. How do you tell your comrade that he’s about to be enveloped in a terrible struggle? It wouldn’t be their first…far from it. Yet, this sounded huge. Karn’s comments had served to reassure Piers, however, and he was grateful for that. This message, however, brought back more troubles than he’d previously had.

“Uh, Karn…Melinda says that she saw us in a large battle with an unknown group…maybe Vagrants, but she’s not sure. She’s also not feeling well, but the attendants who are waiting for her at HQ have probably noticed by now. We need to pay her a visit soon. We’ll need to tell Duo to be on his guard. There’s no way the Vagrants would mobilize, joining together…that’s absurd, but…maybe the nightmares have noticed that they’ve never won by being divided and they’re not making gains by doing so.”

Piers continued. “That settles it…I’m taking an extended leave from work. Something’s going on, Karn. We may need to group up tonight, are at least be in close contact. I’ll be sure to bring my A game, so I’m going to sleep for a while. Call me if you need me. After a few hours of sleep, I’m heading to HQ to check on Melinda. Do you mind telling Duo what we spoke about?”

Piers thanked Karn for the information, paid for his and Karn’s coffee along with Karn’s food at the counter, and left Glaiza a generous tip. Smiling at his favorite waitress as he left, he got in his car and drove to the residential area where his home was, all the while not just worried about Melinda’s health, but what she had said.

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads

Duo

Items: Guardian Radio, Cellphone

Duo entered the coffee shop "I wonder has piers left yet, I'll check his favorite table."

Duo walked towards a table seeing not who he was looking for but another close friend of his.

"Karn, it's nice to see you again. Piers hasn't gotten here yet?" He noticed the other cup on the table.

"Oh, just missed him I guess." Duo sat in the seat peirs was in and then noticed the more serious then normal look on Karn's face.

Looking down he noticed the amount of papers on the table. In a curious and serious tone he asked, "What's going on?"

He sat in wait to here his friends answer.

I MADE IT.

Quotes: To be a man you must have honor and a penis (Shin-chan)

Owns someone xD But who? Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2009 11:38 PM
    Threads

Ooc: Apparently it's morning
    Items: Small knife, Small flashlight, Wallet

Alban walked until he was approached by a strange man, getting nervous he covered his face and said "D-D-Don't hurt me!" he said as he backed away from the man, he asked for his name and he replied "A-A-Alban." He didn't want to give his last name, he was frightened of the older man, the more he stood around, the more vulnerable he would be. He turned away and said "I-I-I must be going." He said about to walk away from the man. He needed a new place to stay, his current area wasn't safe from people who wanted to hurt him. He didn't like hurting people, but his nightmare became a reality so he tried to avoid people as much as possible.
    Last edited by Seikyu Kiba; 05-27-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Thank you Nespa for the banner!
    "Just because your dead...doesn't mean you don't deserve a fair trial!"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Demetrius

Items: Book of Military Accomplishments

Drip... drip... drip...

Demetrius woke with a screeching scream as he broke through his nightmare again.

"Oh, its just another dream, thank God," Demetrius reassured himself. Until he saw his clothes all caked in dry blood of the caretaker. Retching at the smell and sight of blood, Demetrius quickly undressed himself and went straight to the bathroom, vomiting on the toilet bowl.

Demetrius took a long shower, cleaning all the blood-stains he had on his body. How did I end up here? Perhaps, 'she' brought me back home. After composing himself, he went back to his room and felt the presence of the old hag once again.

"Elizabeth... you did not have to do that..."

"Oh but I did, Master, for you..."

Cursing at thin air, Demetrius punched the bedroom wall.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED!" Demetrius reasoned. "I am not a murderer!"

"Yeah, Master, just keep saying that and maybe someday your dreams may come true," giggled Elizabeth. "You had total control over me, and yet you did nothing, all you did was watch me suck the blood out of that caretaker. Face it, Demetrius, you're just as much as a murderer as I am.

Demetrius looked away, cursing to himself. She was right after all. He had the power to stop her... yet he did nothing...

"Aww, now, now, Master, don't feel so depressed," Elizabeth reassured. "I got what you wanted, its at your desk. Go ahead... enjoy.

Demetrius looked at his messy desk, and a black book lay at the center. The title "Military Accomplishments" was imprinted in big, gold characters. Mesmerized at what he was seeking for a long time, Demetrius began scanning through the pages. This was the clue, to help Demetrius find the group that murdered his family. As he got to the ninety-fifth page, an article caught his eye.

"During the Great Rebellion, an organization funded by the government, went through enemy lines and totally defeated the rebel faction. Swearing through an oath, this organization promised that they shall continue to protect the citizens from whatever threat they face. Seven years have passed since the rebellion and now this organization protects the city from the rampage of "nightmares". The organization goes by a different name now..."

"Guardians"

Demetrius, in shock, dropped the book. Guardians? They killed my family? Shaking at the violent truth he just found out, Demetrius slammed his fists on his desk, breaking the wooden frame of the desk.

"Guardians... I swear on the blood of my family... I will wipe every single one of you from the face of this world!" Demetrius vowed.

"Ooh... I love this feeling," Elizabeth moaned in pleasure.

But how am I going to defeat them? Guardians have long known how to deal with nightmares and therefore I can't go in alone... There has to be some other people who detest the Guardians, maybe the other Vagrants?

Demetrius decided not think about it for now. Opening his wardrobe, he realized that he has not enough clothing anymore, thanks to Elizabeth's frequent attacks. Wearing the last pair of jeans and a hoodie jacket, taking along his wallet and keys, Demetrius took his blood-riddled clothes, careful not to touch any of the stains and smelling it, and threw it in a black plastic bag, He also took off the mattress cover and carried it down to the garbage disposal.

A car passed by, being driven by a rather fatigue-looking person as it went around the block. Demetrius dropped the plastic bag and proceeded down the road... towards the direction of the supermarket.
    Last edited by Shirosaki Hichigo; 05-27-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OCC: I fall asleep and Glaiza becomes a standing waitress doing nothing. Hahaha

Items:
    Empty Tray

"
    I’m not technically a doctor, but I appreciate the remark. Maybe one day, huh?"

Doctor or not, I can't seem to call him anything else but Dr. Piers. Must be the boss' influence or something

"
    I was just curious, Glaiza…what’s your last name? I’ve never…"

I waited as he trailed off and focused on another Teaberry customer who just entered carrying overwhelming piles of paper. He immediately sat down next to Dr. Piers.

So much for quiet breakfast with the Doc.

"Well don't you have others things to be doing?"

Ouch.

If the customer is always right, then why do I feel frozen on the spot.

"
    Glaiza, he’s just not a morning person. But, I do think he wants to talk business with me."

I still don't move. Like a stupid statue, I stand there as they talk about dead bodies, and bloodless caretakers? I seriously hope a certain someone had nothing to do with this. I mentally poke Sean, and he reassured me that he met no caretakers the night before.

When the second customer suddenly asked for something to eat, I was brought back from my mind into reality. Right, I'm a waitress today. I gotta serve somebody.

"You know, I never really liked that guy"

You don't like anybody, Sean. But I didn't know why. I guess I felt some sort of disappointment ever since that guy showed up. I mean, I had wanted to eat a peaceful breakfast with Dr. Piers.

"I could eat him up for you"

Sean shut up.

I walk back to the counter, grab another croissant, and cautiously walk to the their table and placed it on their table. But I guess I didn't need to be so cautious. They wouldn't have noticed a bomb go off in the middle of the table. Must have been something really important.

After finishing my breakfast alone, I started working some more. Walking here and there, serving some other customers, ignoring a specific table, cleaning some places, you know basic waitress work.

After a while Dr. Piers left, paying for everything with a huge tip for me. Though as a waitress I should probably treat all customers the same, but he was definitely a favorite.

I shake my head again as disappointment washed over me. I really wanted to have breakfast with the guy you know. And he was going to ask for my last name!

---

GLAIZA'S POV

I have always preferred walking than taking the bus whenever I go home. The bus takes too fast and I need to mentally prepare myself every time I go home because if I don't there would be a lot of screaming on my part. And people who have moved on with life do not scream.

They also probably do not return to the same house that their family was murdered several years ago, but that can't be helped. I couldn't afford to move. A waitress doesn't have that much money.

The familiar step, the familiar smell, everything was so familiar on this road. Mom, Dad, Xedo. They're all gone now. Glaiza, you need to be strong. You need to live your life. The shadows can't hurt you.

"But the shadows can hurt you, they can grab you and drag you to the pits of hell. The same way they dragged your beloved brother, your parents; those shadows can drag you the same way. I can show you how if you want"

You like doing this, don't you Sean?

"With every fiber of my being"

I ignore the delight that he feels, and the fear that continues to grow inside my head as I take that last step back home.

I can still smell the blood. Probably my imagination, because it's been years since then, and I've spent everyday before I go to sleep to wash every corner of the house with bleach.

But I can still smell the blood.

I can still see my parents.

I can still hear Xedo's ragged breath

I can still see that stupid shadow.

I need something to clean now.

SEAN'S POV

"I'm tired"

What you need darling, is some serious sleeping time. Don't worry I'll guard the house for you. And you can rest in peace, but not in the dead way.

"The shadows are gonna come for me"

Babe, you need not worry, I am the shadows.

"Nothing nasty, Sean"

My work is never nasty. In fact you can call it a piece of art. I am an artist. I cut and bite and kill and grab with a purpose. Of course I keep this to myself.

"Of course not babe, now go to sleep."

"..."

I feel her slowly, slowly, slipping into the little corner of her mind and soon, soon, very soon, she'll no longer be conscious to the changes that her body will go through.

I slip in, transforming our body to a version more suited to my taste. All this long hair is gonna get in the way of my fun. There's nothing more annoying than hair getting in your eyes when your in the middle of chasing your prey. You lose your prey, and it can be pretty darn painful for your eye too.

I crack my knuckles in anticipation.

Let's see.

What fun shall I get myself into tonight?

---

OOC: Don't kill me. I just figured I'll be working all day... and Twilight is still Daytime right??? Hehehe
    Last edited by janajee; 06-02-2009 at 12:37 AM.
    ---
    ---

---
    ---

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information