AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Yorick
    Role: Guardian
    Items: Guardian radio

Yorick waited patiently for the squirt to arrive.

"Harue. The kid's name is Harue, wasn't it? Nice boy.." Yorick found himself smiling. It's almost as if Harue reminded him of himself five... three years back.

With the memory of time caused something clinch in his mind. Before he knew it, Chain materialized beside him. A bitter feeling rose on his chest as he realized it has been a while since he stared at those blue eyes.

"Hello, Yorick." Chain greeted.

"Hello, Nightmare." he answered, not looking at her face. It was like Anna's in every way, from her eyes to that small grin she sported when amused.

"Won't you call me by my name, sweetheart?" Chain wrapped his arms around Yorick's neck. "You know I hate it when you're being mean."

Yorick looked away. Chain was a precocious Nightmare. For some reason, he never could control her thoughts, although she followed all of Yorick's commands. Unlike many tame Nightmares, Chain was sentient. Maybe he allowed this subconsciously, just to keep a semblance of Anna's memory.

The thought of this irked him.

"Why are you here, Nightmare?" Yorick said coldly.

"I am here to fulfill your promise."

"I haven't made any promises lately--"

"Yes you have." Chain smiled. "Yesterday you promised two girls you'd keep a watch on them until they arrive in Headquarters safely.

Yorick brushed off the stray hair off his face. That's right.. Chinatsu and Kotomi, the two girls he met on the SOuthern Tower the other night.

"That doesn't count." Yorick shrugged. "Kotomi declined and Chinatsu went off on her own--"

"A promise is a promise." Chain put a finger on Yorick's lips. "And as much as I hate you getting close to other women, Chinatsu is near the area and injured. You need to fulfill your promise, love."

Chain disappeared blowing a kiss to Yorick. "She is around here somewhere. As long as your promise is not fulfilled, you will feel her pain. So is the grounds of our oath."

With that, Yorick's vision blurred. His legs and face suddenly ached. He held on to the sharp stabbing pain on his side and found a welt of blood covering his shirt.

"YOU IDIOT." Yorick cried to his Nightmare. "How am I supposed to fulfill the promise now that I'm also injured?! You sadistic bit--"

Yorick calmed himself down and felt the pain surge throughout his body. If Chinatsu was this injured, she must be in a lot of pain. He focused his energy and tried to find CHinatsu's location by Chain's connection.

He walked onwards slowly, applying pressure on the wound on his side.

(OOC: Hang on, Chinatsu XD)
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 01-04-2010 at 11:33 PM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Jace
    Sync: ????
    Role: Vagrant
    Items: Guardian Radio

...dwell on that. Instead, I simply ask…are you pleased with what you are becoming? When I sync, it’s clear that I’m in control. I can’t say that about you. And from the looks of it, I’d say that your nightmare is trying to take control, right under your nose. How about that, Jace? He thinks you’re stupid, that you don’t know what’s going on!”

Jace felt so happy at Piers' shock that he almost completely ignored what was being said to him. He quickly snapped back to hear the end of it. His ears buzzed and his heart raced. The expression on Piers would forever be imprinted on his mind. He would dwell on it in cold nights to keep him warm. He grinned viciously.
    "Don't you mean 'You' think I'm stupid."
    "Ha. This boy is capable of things I would never have dreamed of. He is far from stupid."
    "In fact if I was that would make you it too. Since I'm smarter then you."
    "That is pushing it."
    "It's not."
    "It is."
    Jace stood and peeled off his cloak. Revealing through his wrecked clothes that is was in fact the whole of his left body that was corrupted by Thanatos. June walked in at that moment with Piers' food and laided them down for him. She didn't seem to even twitch over seeing Jace's form. As she walked out Jace smiled at her and she did a weak one back before shutting the door.

“Speaking of this nightmare that thinks you’re an idiot, you never told me its name. Of course, I’ve got my guess: is it ‘Thanatos’?”

"I knew he could do it." Jace spat out in excitement.
    "The fact you have raises how impressed I am of you. I left clues enough to test your mind." Thanatos' voice carried an air of respect.
    "So how does it feel. To know you stand before a god?"

“If so, Thanatos here told me something that’s had me confused ever since I fought you in the hospital. I know he said it because it was the same voice that keeps bubbling out of you at random; it sounded nothing like you. Do you know what he said? He said, Jace…”
    Piers paused for the smallest bit of time, then continued, quoting Thanatos and intentionally deepening his voice a bit in order to mock Thanatos’s harsh, deep voice. “’When you die, tell Jace’s mother he is fine. She must be so worried, you know, Boy’?”

Jace twitched slightly, but somehow remaind calm. The part of Thanatos twisted a cruel smile. Under any normal circumstances both of them knew that Piers would be impaled on that wall for mentioning her. He would die quick with no mercy, no remorse, no thought behind it. But it was different now. Much more different. Jace could play back.
    "Mother." His voice was a bit meek, "Mum was the most beautiful being alive. A voice of angels and a soul of kindness." His voice sound full of pride, "She gave to me that voice when I was born." Though a brag it was far from untrue.
    "But life plays cruel games."
    "So we play them back." Jace grinned the madness stirred in his voice. "But yes mother is no longer with me. None of my family live anymore. And she was something special. Even Thanatos knew. She is more special then anything. More special then your Glaiza." His grin grew, "How is she by the way? It's been so long since I've seen her." he raised a glas up to drink and just before doing so murmered, "I hear her song has yet to be sung." He took a few heavy gulps. Then placed the cup down slowly,
    "I'm sure the fates have the scissors ready for those who people like us hold dear. Were alike in some ways and those close to us will always have the threat of them hang near." Thanatos spoke calmly, "So alike."
    Last edited by Valkarma; 01-04-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role: watcher
    Items: inhaler

melinda woke from her short nap and slipped out off her bed. Yawing she went to bathroom and wandert the halls off the HQ after that until she came to the library. she entered and coughed a bit at the dust laying aroud, quickly she used her inhaler and ran her fingers over the reading books. Picking out a nice story, she walked to a chair and curled into it and started to read.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Items: Guardian radio, cell phone

Karn was right. As usual.

It seemed the nightmare’s name was “Thanatos,” and though he gave the credit to Piers for deducing his name, the credit truly belonged to Karn.

"I knew he could do it." Jace spat out in excitement.
    "The fact you have raises how impressed I am of you. I left clues enough to test your mind." Thanatos' voice carried an air of respect.
    "So how does it feel. To know you stand before a god?"

Piers laughed obnoxiously but not too loudly at Thanatos’s comment. “Well, it seems that Vagrants can use their nightmares as reasons to develop the God complex!” He laughed again and then added, “Perhaps you could start your own cult, now that you’ve got it into your head that you’re privy to some kind of god!” His voice then steadied and went back to its normal tone, though it was obviously a bit more icy. “Just because you have a nightmare with the name of a mythological deity in no way implies that you’re privy to some kind of deity itself. In fact,” his voice became more of a snarl now, “I would find it hard to believe that deities would have to torture the weak to get their kicks; seems to me that they could pick on someone a little more…capable.”

Jace was standing now, and Piers observed Jace’s figure once he revealed more of the vicious effects of his sync to him. It seemed that Jace’s sync went right down his body, pretty much evenly divided between human and nightmare.

Jace spoke of his mother with what Piers honestly believed was genuine awe and admiration. So, it seemed that there had been at least one human besides himself that he had loved. And that begged the question…what happened to her?

Since Piers had brought up the memory of Jace’s mother, it seemed that Jace was retaliating by speaking of Glaiza, no doubt doing so because it had struck a nerve last time during their fight in the stairwell. Though the comment made his tolerance wear thing, Piers was able to refrain from showing anger at the quasi-threat Jace and Thanatos presented in relation to Glaiza’s well-being.

Even though his restraint was strong, he couldn’t help but to allow the threat on Glaiza’s life to spur him past further insults and to his main point.

“Listen, Jace,” he said, “I know that you…and Thanatos, here…love games, as you’ve said. And a game without secrets is boring, I think you’d agree. I’m going to reveal something to you that I’m sure you’ll find interesting. And in return, I want your word that you will neither maim nor kill any more civilians. If you kill off the Guardians, you’ll be free to do that as much as you want. So, I don’t see this as a big sacrifice for you. Nor is it a large gamble; after all, killing Guardians can’t be too terribly difficult for a god…right?” Piers said the last line with mock admiration, the condescending tone in his voice almost tangible.

Not only did Jace have a challenge to kill the Guardians, but he had something to gain: the info Piers would give him, whatever it was. Though Piers knew nothing of Jace’s killing in the slums, he knew that he had killed techs in his attack on HQ and had also killed the Teaberry’s owner. Also, he’d tortured Joseph Jaegar, one of the techs Piers knew best.

“Now, I believe this isn’t worth what I’m going to let you in on. So I want something more.” Piers said, truly believing Jace would never go for the added request. However, if one asked something large, he usually got a compromise of sorts in return if the request was reasonable, so there was a bit of method to the madness. “I want a clue about the illusions,” Piers said in a demanding tone. “All my theories fell apart when I found out that the tech you tortured seems to be stuck in one of your illusions. And I want you to let me in on something to help me out a bit. Consider it a game; a guessing game, if you will.”

Piers never thought Jace would give him any info concerning the illusions. If he did, it was all the better. However, all he truly wanted was the safety of civilians, and this safety would also ensure that Glaiza would be okay. Jace would have to focus his attacks on the Guardians, and would have to hunt them to do so, thus cancelling out, to a degree, the loss of the information Piers was going to give him as soon as he agreed. June set his food down in front of him, and he nodded as thanks but ignored it for now.

“So, Jace…Thanatos…what do you have to lose? I’m just a lowly human, after all…standing before a god.” He almost laughed again, but thought better of it as he truly wanted Jace to agree to at least part of his deal. He stood, as Jace was standing, and extended his hand.

“As soon as you agree, you get the info. And if I refuse to give it, you don’t have to adhere to my terms. So…what do you say?” Piers was genuinely scared to be so close to the monstrous form in front of him. Ironically, June had been just fine in his presence. Yet, there was so much at stake, and Piers, still unsure of whether he was doing the right thing or not, had to take the chance while he had it.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 01-05-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Misaddressed Thanatos instead of Jace

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OOC: Just noting that all words in italics is Thanatos and normal is Jace. So it was Jace that claimed Thanatos was a god.

Jace

Piers laughed obnoxiously but not too loudly at Thanatos’s comment. “Well, it seems that nightmares can develop the God complex, too!” He laughed again and then added, “Perhaps you could start your own cult, now that you’ve got it into your head that you’re some kind of god!” His voice then steadied and went back to its normal tone, though it was obviously a bit more icy. “Just because you have the name of mythological deity in no way implies that you’re the deity itself. In fact,” his voice became more of a snarl now, “I would find it hard to believe that deities would have to torture the weak to get their kicks; seems to me that they could pick on someone a little more…capable.”

"Ha, god complex. Boy that was just a message I was sure you would get." He snorted slightly at the thoughts and idea Piers put before him. "I'm a nightmare not a god. I also don't pick on just the weak." He waved his hand about as if sujmoning up some thoughts. "For example why do you think June pays no heed to my shape or form? And the owner allows all this?" He place his hand flat on the table, "Simple. I saved their lives from a Nightmare. In fact I've killed more nightmares and their people then you guardians have done. Maybe some in the slums see me as a god. Others a devil eating devil. The slums is a breeding ground for nightmares and you guardians know it. Their numbers stay down because I defeat the most powerful." He grinned, "So learn more before accusing me of just picking on the weak."

“Listen, Jace,” he said, “I know that you…and Thanatos, here…love games, as you’ve said. And a game without secrets is boring, I think you’d agree. I’m going to reveal something to you that I’m sure you’ll find interesting. And in return, I want your word that you will neither maim nor kill any more civilians. If you kill off the Guardians, you’ll be free to do that as much as you want. So, I don’t see this as a big sacrifice for you. Nor is it a large gamble; after all, killing Guardians can’t be too terribly difficult for a god…right?” Piers said the last line with mock admiration, the condescending tone in his voice almost tangible.

He laughed at Piers with open mocking. His gaze met his.
    "Quite a dearing move Piers."
    "It is."
    "Takes a lot of the fun out of the game."
    "And protects you dearest. Even the unknown pieces like Madeleine. A risky offer for information I know nothing about its' worth." Thanatos noted.
    "What fun would a game be without a something to protect." Jace added.
    "They say a person true strength appears when protecting."
    "Strength we both agree we wish to see." Jace pointed out to him. He nodded his head to re-enforce his point.

“Now, I believe this isn’t worth what I’m going to let you in on. So I want something more.” Piers said, truly believing Jace would never go for the added request. However, if one asked something large, he usually got a compromise of sorts in return if the request was reasonable, so there was a bit of method to the madness. “I want a clue about the illusions,” Piers said in a demanding tone. “All my theories fell apart when I found out that the tech you tortured seems to be stuck in one of your illusions. And I want you to let me in on something to help me out a bit. Consider it a game; a guessing game, if you will.”

"The tech?" Jace asked, surprise littered his voice.
    "Oh that was high sync illusions. A craft of mine for special times. Like what I used against the dear guardian yesterday." Thanatos said, "Certain rules can be bent at high sync. Even know I can still feel some of my energy drift towards it."
    "Oh. I never knew about that." Jace tilted his head to the right. "Sounds like fun."
    "It can be." He looked to Piers, "But as for you." He said, "I think you cruel to leave him trapped like that considering you have a cure running around like an untrained cat." He sighed, "But considering how daring you offer was and coming here I will award you with two facts." He cleared his throat, "It but takes one moment to 'connect' with a person. Once connected I can perfrom illusions when ever I please till the bond fades after being apart. I can choose when to connect but it is often within moments of meet them. Except today of course." He bowed his head slightly as if to push the point that he kept his word.

“As soon as you agree, you get the info. And if I refuse to give it, you don’t have to adhere to my terms. So…what do you say?”

"No deal." Jace said, "It takes away so many of my pieces. Your fear has made you forget I am but one person and his nightmare." He shrugged his shoulders. "To me this deal restricts my movement and protects you vunerable pieces. Thanks to it you both reduce my over all attacking power and protect your weak pieces, hence raising the bar for all your units to a higher grade." Jace made movements with his hands to represent some of his points.
    "No information is worth the disadvantage is poses. I an generous this is twice I have let you into secrets you shouldn't know. Now and in the hospital. Twice I have helped you form a stronger defence. I do not wish to raise it more. One blade can only strike a strong defense so many times before it becomes weak." Thanatos took a serious tone. His eyes were watching around for some reason. "Try something else if you need a deal but don't insult me like that again." He crossed his arms and stared at Piers.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Items: Cell Phone

“Um, hello,” he suddenly found himself speaking, “D-do you come here often?”

A train of vile thoughts suddenly crashed into an absurdly adorable face of prepubescent proportions. She nearly balked at the abrupt encounter, but disguised it with the slight arch of a brow, feigning curiosity. For a long moment she stared him down, reading every inch of his face before breathing the last draw of her cigarette. Though she wasn't nearly half finished with her smoke, Rivkah crouched down to put it out in the sand. She stayed in the position so the child would stand taller. If there was one thing she hated, it was children crying. It was goddamn annoying. Though this boy looked like he was growing out of that stage she wasn't about to take any chances. To him, she was a stranger.

And so she would make him comfortable. His stuttering indicated that he needed the consideration. Rivkah finally smiled at the young lad, surprised that it came more genuinely than forced. In a strange way he reminded her of herself - though, when she was much, much younger. Perhaps it was the similar coloring between them. He also had fair hair and brown eyes, through they seemed to glisten a little brighter. This revelation left a will to treat the boy with a little more kindness than usual protocol.

"No, I do not come here often. If time permitted, the opposite would be true. I come here when I am in need of quiet. At the moment that isn't so."

Though the small quip could have been taken offensively, her voice sounded like such honey, her tone so sweet and soothing, that it could only be taken in jest. She rolled back on the balls of her feet, plumping her rump onto the sand. Usually, she also hated talking to children. She was responsible for much blood on her hands. None of which belonged to children. She preferred to keep it that way. Every time she looked at a child, whilst hoping it wouldn't burst out into tears for one reason or another, she was reminded that there was still some innocence in the world.

This she did not dare touch.

"Are you... alright? Most children your age would be in school this time of day. Are you lost?" Rivkah's gaze slid from the boy to the bicycle behind him. "Oh. I suppose you aren't. Well, you didn't come here to be lectured and I am not your mother. This morning is yours. My name is Rivkah. But you may call me Riv if you're the lazy type. Which you appear to be, since you aren't in school."
    Last edited by Lola Granola; 01-04-2010 at 10:13 PM.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role:Vagrant
    Items: N/A

" Moir take this focus powder and strength powder outside and wait for me to come out. I've got to wake him up." Moir looked at the bag that was handed to her and debated as to whether or not she wanted to do this training. She stood there for a few minutes and then looked at the door. Moir began to walk towards the door but stopped as her gaze traveled towards the stairs to Meril's room. This would be the first time ever that Moir would be seperated from Meril's side. Moir had never felt this way before. She felt scared and nervous to be leaving her here alone. Moir continued to walk towards the door and opened it. She took one step outside but held onto the door frame. Moir took one more glimpse at the top of the stairs towards Meril's room and a worried look appeared on her face. She looked towards the ground and sighed as she continued to walk out the door.

"Come now. We must haste. I have a terrible feeling about leaving Meril's side. Lets get this over with. I despise this overwhelming feeling of constant worry." Moir replied while keeping a firm focused gaze upon the door, awaiting Ozman and the others to get out of the house.

Last edited by Infinita; 01-04-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: Got it, Valk; I edited my last post just a bit to have Piers say that to Jace instead. Thanks for the reminder!

"Ha, god complex. Boy that was just a message I was sure you would get." He snorted slightly at the thoughts and idea Piers put before him. "I'm a nightmare not a god. I also don't pick on just the weak." He waved his hand about as if sujmoning up some thoughts. "For example why do you think June pays no heed to my shape or form? And the owner allows all this?" He place his hand flat on the table, "Simple. I saved their lives from a Nightmare. In fact I've killed more nightmares and their people then you guardians have done. Maybe some in the slums see me as a god. Others a devil eating devil. The slums is a breeding ground for nightmares and you guardians know it. Their numbers stay down because I defeat the most powerful." He grinned, "So learn more before accusing me of just picking on the weak."

Piers raised his hands in order to imitate a defensive gesture, covering the fact that he was indeed anxious in front of Jace. “Whoa, excuse me! I apologize, dear Thanatos. And I must thank you for making the Guardians’ job all the easier. Unfortunately, we can’t make you an honorary member just yet; you see, it appears that there are a few cases of cold-blooded murder on your record. I hope you understand.”

Though his sarcasm could have been taken by some to be merely insulting, Piers used it as an outlet to vent his sheer anger over the atrocities Jace had committed, and those he threatened to commit. Especially pertaining to Glaiza. Jace would pick up on this, probably, as the two men were so much alike. Both were dedicated to a cause, whether personal or impersonal, and both seemed to hold respect, to some degree, for each other. Yet, two men could hardly be more different.

He laughed at Piers with open mocking. His gaze met his.
    "Quite a dearing move Piers."
    "It is."
    "Takes a lot of the fun out of the game."
    "And protects you dearest. Even the unknown pieces like Madeleine. A risky offer for information I know nothing about its' worth." Thanatos noted.
    "What fun would a game be without a something to protect." Jace added.
    "They say a person true strength appears when protecting."
    "Strength we both agree we wish to see." Jace pointed out to him. He nodded his head to re-enforce his point.

Jace saw right through the intricacies of Piers’s plan, but that was to be expected. He had proven his intelligence when Piers was unable to get information out of him in the stairwell as he posed as a hapless doctor.

"The tech?" Jace asked, surprise littered his voice.
    "Oh that was high sync illusions. A craft of mine for special times. Like what I used against the dear guardian yesterday." Thanatos said, "Certain rules can be bent at high sync. Even know I can still feel some of my energy drift towards it."
    "Oh. I never knew about that." Jace tilted his head to the right. "Sounds like fun."
    "It can be." He looked to Piers, "But as for you." He said, "I think you cruel to leave him trapped like that considering you have a cure running around like an untrained cat." He sighed, "But considering how daring you offer was and coming here I will award you with two facts." He cleared his throat, "It but takes one moment to 'connect' with a person. Once connected I can perfrom illusions when ever I please till the bond fades after being apart. I can choose when to connect but it is often within moments of meet them. Except today of course." He bowed his head slightly as if to push the point that he kept his word.

Jace and Thanatos had granted him the latter part of his request, and that was good. Piers could not keep his mind from racing to possible conclusions as to how to dispel Jace’s illusions. Yet, he had as his main objective the protection of civilians, and was not ready for Jace’s unequivocal refusal of that term.

"No deal." Jace said, "It takes away so many of my pieces. Your fear has made you forget I am but one person and his nightmare." He shrugged his shoulders. "To me this deal restricts my movement and protects you vunerable pieces. Thanks to it you both reduce my over all attacking power and protect your weak pieces, hence raising the bar for all your units to a higher grade." Jace made movements with his hands to represent some of his points.
    "No information is worth the disadvantage is poses. I an generous this is twice I have let you into secrets you shouldn't know. Now and in the hospital. Twice I have helped you form a stronger defence. I do not wish to raise it more. One blade can only strike a strong defense so many times before it becomes weak." Thanatos took a serious tone. His eyes were watching around for some reason. "Try something else if you need a deal but don't insult me like that again." He crossed his arms and stared at Piers.

As Piers retracted his hand, he was crestfallen. He saw Glaiza’s face, a face radiant enough to make the stars themselves envious, flash in his mind. He had failed to secure protection for her…and for every citizen in the town. And how…how Jace know about Madeleine? That question would have to wait. For now, all was not lost…Jace was still open to suggestions, just as long as Piers did not make an absurdly large request again.

“As much as I hate to say it, Jace…you’re right. My terms would be to your great disadvantage, and you’ve figured that out. Not that I was totally out to trick you, that is; I saw your mental prowess in the hospital, after all.”

Piers was being sincere with this compliment…as much as it sickened him to give it.

“Jace, I will tone down my request. I want only one thing from you now, and you will still get your information. I simply want to know how you know about Madeleine. Or, should I be directing this question to Thanatos?”

Once again, there were nested contingencies in this request, though certainly much more subtle than in his last one. Simply put, if Thanatos revealed how he knew about Madeleine (which truly concerned Piers), the answer might also reveal how he knew about the location of Guardian HQ. This inside info, and how Thanatos was obtaining it, was highly important to Piers. Somehow, some of the Guardians’ most sensitive info was free knowledge to Thanatos, and Piers had to know how.

“To show you that this request is worth your time…I’m going to give you two pieces of info as opposed to one.” The first one was easy enough, as it only put Piers at risk. He gave with little reservation, probably because he so badly needed Jace to answer his previously posed question.

“You gave me what I asked for, and this is your reward, Jace.” Looking around once to make sure June was not present, Piers allowed Skitters to manifest himself in the corner of the room, the amorphous shadow of his being suddenly appearing in the corner. He seemed to rise out of the floor itself, and stood well below five feet tall. “As you already know, this is my nightmare. His name is ‘Skitters’. See how he’s small enough to fit into tight places? Well, he can quickly condense his size to fit in even tighter spots. He was born in one such location, and my greatest fear is directly linked to it.”

Piers was now wondering if he was giving too much info on his weakness to Jace. However, if it would net the results he was looking for, he’d gladly do it. Thus, he proceeded.

“Picture a scenario that Skitters would be at home in, a scene that he would thrive in, and you will know my greatest fear.”

There it was. Jace would surely figure it out, if not now then shortly afterwards, and he would almost surely use it against Piers. Had Piers made the right decision? It was already hard enough to face Jace without his weakness being exposed. It was no use second-guessing his actions now. For now, it was time to give up the info he was most unsure of relinquishing to Jace.

“As for the info that I promised to give, it concerns your radio.” Piers swallowed before he continued, worried that he was making the job of the Guardians that much more difficult in light of what he was about to reveal to Jace. “The radio, Jace…can be tracked. Via GPS. That info is precious enough, but I can do more. I can disconnect the GPS capability and allow you to keep all the other functions of the radio intact. After all…you wouldn’t have much fun leading the Guardians on a race around the town if we already knew where you were, would you? Wouldn’t you much rather face a Guardian after he or she has already proven that they can find you on their own? Perhaps this info wasn’t what you thought, but I think, Jace…knowing how you love games, as you yourself said, and as Thanatos stated…that you do find this revelation most intriguing.”

Piers spoke with an air of confidence. False confidence. In actuality, he was worried that he’d just complicated things for the Guardians. And would the price be worth it?

OOC: The fact that all Guardian radios have GPS capability is mentioned in post 864, by Sab. Just a reminder.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 01-05-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: OOC Tag

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: None

GLAIZA'S POV

"Glaiza, where have you been?"

It was the first thing that the assistant manager told me when I walked in through the employees entrance of the coffee shop. I think I felt her disappointment through her voice because I haven't really been much of an "owner", and I know I should be more responsible, but lately all I've been doing is running away, or locking myself up in the office. I wasn't even here when an accident happened that almost burned the shop yesterday.

"I'm really sorry, Boss Anna,"

Her voice softened when she spoke again.

"Glaiza, I'm not your boss anymore. You're my boss now. I know this is tough on you, and it's tough on all of us. We'll get through this together ok? Don't worry about things here too much, but we do need you around ok? The Boss left this shop in your hands, and I know; we know, he made the right choice,"

I look up to face her, and see the other employees smiling at me too. For a while I felt guilty at being depressed, because they too loved the Boss as much as I did. They too, got taken care off by them, and yet they did their jobs faithfully. But seeing their smiles of support, I knew I couldn't mope any longer.

Not just for my sake, but for their sake as well.

"Do you guys mind if I do some waitressing for a while?"

Boss Anna smiled a warmth filled smile.

"You miss the apron, don't you?"

"Last shot before I officially become the boss?"

"Go ahead, love"

"Eyuck, all this love is smoochy, yucky, yuck, yuck"

Oh put a sock on it. Not even you can destroy this warmth, at least for now.

And so I put on my apron, and walked down my usual tables. Today there was a girl sitting on one of them. A brunette who seemed to enjoy her work of art. She seemed nice.

"Hello miss, may I know what you're having?"
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Role: Feral
    Items: Missing Persons Notices, $10.01, Tarot Card, Mint

"No, I do not come here often. If time permitted, the opposite would be true. I come here when I am in need of quiet. At the moment that isn't so."

The way she spoke told Aiden that she really was a high-class lady. He felt underdressed even though she was currently shoeless. Not only that, Aiden could liken her voice to a sweet lulling melody. She made you want to drop your guard and fall for her every word. So he also totally missed her insinuation that he had rudely interrupted her moment of peace. The boy even thought that quiet was not what she wanted at the moment.

"Are you... alright? Most children your age would be in school this time of day. Are you lost? Oh. I suppose you aren't. Well, you didn't come here to be lectured and I am not your mother. This morning is yours. My name is Rivkah. But you may call me Riv if you're the lazy type. Which you appear to be, since you aren't in school."

Aiden laughed, “I’m not lazy. I’ve got a doctor’s excuse for the day so now I’m just running an errand for my mom. Nice to meet you, Riv!” He smiled, parked and dismounted his bike. Although she had tied using the nickname to laziness, Aiden failed to realize that too. He cheerfully thought Rivkah was inviting him on friendlier terms, as nicknames usually do.

“I’m Aiden Hayes. Just call me Aiden. I thought I could come here for some fresh air. It can get really stuffy in town sometimes.”

He put his hands to his hips, breathed deeply and exhaled, “There. Just like that.”

Aiden let his hands down and turned to her, “Riv? Are you new to our town? Sorry, but I’m kinda curious about your accent. It’s really nice.”

Theo weighed his chances. The fact that she hasn’t done anything to the kid meant she has no intention of violence. Yet. If she had a Nightmare, and in all likelihood she probably does not, he couldn’t rule out the fact that It could be too powerful for him. Theo chuckled. He’d be delighted if she could be what he is searching for.

He decided to wait and see how the conversation goes for a while. Then he’ll try talking to Rivkah's Nightmare, if she has one. The worst the kid could do in this situation is scare her off with a loud burp. Or faint stupidly like he did yesterday. Then even that could be turned to an advantage.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role: Watcher
    Items: Purse

"Hello miss, may I know what you're having?"

Ardelle's gaze was so fixed on her art that she didn't hear the waitress. She looked up suddenly and smiled.

"My apologies Miss," Ardelle paused to look at the menu then back at the waitress. "I think a fruit smoothie and piece of cheesecake would be fine." She placed the menu back on the table.

"I would also like to know if you are hiring anyone new here. I am currently looking for a job and I thought I would start at my favorite place." Ardelle asked while grinning.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

(OOC: I'm back! >)

Location- slums
    Status- day
    Role- feral
    Items- n/a

Sigataph kept wandering. She was getting tired and her feet dragged slightly even though her walk was still pristine and sharp.

She seemed to flit from shadow to shadow, glowing at the times she was in the sun in shades of orange and red, as if she herself was nothing more than a beautiful flame. All eyes that peered out the window at her quickly averted themselves upon seeing the anger that built with each monotonous and unfruitful step.

Sigataph had searched all night, looking for signs of the Nightmare she had met but she had yet to find hide or hair of him. It was almost like he no longer existed.

She had so many questions. She wanted to know the answers and since she had not met any other wild nigthmares besides that one, she knew it was he she would have to try first.

Jace, she thought. I will find you. I know your nightmare, and I know your face. I WILL find you.

She stopped to rest, sitting down and arranging her skirts on the remnants of what was a front wall to some sort of building. She did not know how much longer she could stand to be so far from her host.

After a few moments of rest, she set off again, sticking even more to the shadows. She turned into a narrow, dark alley and was walking toward the other street when she saw an unusually nice car for the slums zoom by.

She hurried into the street to get a better look at it, but it was gone. It had given her a strange feeling and made her feel even weaker.

She could not take it any more. She ducked back into the alley she had just come from and, with a little concentration, disappeared.

Location- Landy's apartment
    Status- day
    Role- feral
    Items- n/a

Landy twitched, still dreaming. Everything was foggy and she was lost. A strangely warm light was just visible what seemed to be a great distance away.

She ran toward it with all her might. She didn't seem to be going anywhere until suddenly, she was right in the light and she felt instantly safe.

"Child, do not run so much. It is not proper for such a lovely young lady," a voice crooned, coming from a woman with flaming red hair who was facing a small table and seemed to be busy with her hands. She let out a small, almost silent chuckle.

"I'm sorry. I was frightened. It's so foggy and cold and I saw the light. I couldn't help myself," said Landy, her voice so much younger than it really was. Her heart began to race.

"It is all right, dear. I will always proctect you." Then the woman turned around. Her face was a grotesque mask of a demon's face and she seemed to emit fire.

Before Landy could move away, the woman reached a hand and clutched her jaw from underneath. She was cackling hard and loud, a sound that was full of malice.

"I will always proctect you!" the woman shouted as she Landy began to burn in the flames that came from her hands. She screamed and the last thing she heard was the woman whisper her name.

"Landy..."

Landy woke with the scream still in her throat. She was dreanched in sweat and everything seemed fuzzy and strange, as if she was visiting a place she had forgotten.

She balled the bed sheets in her fists as she began to cry. A cat sat at the place where her neck turned into shoulder as the tears spilled out of her sobbing chest and down her cheeks.

(OOC: Sorry its so long. :\)
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jace

Jace found himself smiling at Piers joke. A simple, dark joke but a joke no the less. Even Thanatos semed mildly entertained but maybe he saw what Jace only hinted at. Piers was afraid. Why wouldn't he be? He was out of his territory and at the mercy of the word of a man who threatened his loved ones. Didn't take much to see whay.

“As much as I hate to say it, Jace…you’re right. My terms would be to your great disadvantage, and you’ve figured that out. Not that I was totally out to trick you, that is; I saw your mental prowess in the hospital, after all.”

Piers was being sincere with this compliment…as much as it sickened him to give it.

“Jace, I will tone down my request. I want only one thing from you now, and you will still get your information. I simply want to know how you know about Madeleine. Or, should I be directing this question to Thanatos?”

"Her name. That's about it. Creeped you out a bit didn't it though?" He raised an eyebrow, "But push as you will a man who doesn't listen like you can't hear what is inside him."

“Picture a scenario that Skitters would be at home in, a scene that he would thrive in, and you will know my greatest fear.”

Thanatos laughed slightly.
    "Your greatest fear is confined spaces with little light. The dark cramped space makes your spine tingle. But sadly that is not new information nor useful. I have illusions capable of summon a persons fear without me needing to know it. All this does is confirm it to us both."
    "I wonder. What happened to you for you to be scared of something so simple?"
    "Does it matter his fear is weak and so it must be harder for him to draw power through it into his nightmare. It compares little to your own."
    "The perfect and final fear. Everyone has it."
    "But we thrive from it."
    Just then they both seemed to notice that they were talking in front of Piers and a smile that met the top of each cheek spread quickly across their face.

“As for the info that I promised to give, it concerns your radio.” Piers swallowed before he continued, worried that he was making the job of the Guardians that much more difficult in light of what he was about to reveal to Jace. “The radio, Jace…can be tracked. Via GPS. That info is precious enough, but I can do more. I can disconnect the GPS capability and allow you to keep all the other functions of the radio intact. After all…you wouldn’t have much fun leading the Guardians on a race around the town if we already knew where you were, would you? Wouldn’t you much rather face a Guardian after he or she has already proven that they can find you on their own? Perhaps this info wasn’t what you thought, but I think, Jace…knowing how you love games, as you yourself said, and as Thanatos stated…that you do find this revelation most intriguing.”

"Here." Jace picked it from his belt and placed it on the table. "Take it back. It has served it's purpose. In brought me a fight and a prize." He smiled, "A kind guesture but a one use item is just that. One use."
    "But so far you have impressed me Piers. Despite the situation you maintain your composure. I knew it was right to invite you here. Are you not finding this fun?" Thanatos asked.

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Green Ribbon
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2015 01:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Danger Duchess

Location- Slums
    Status- Day
    Role- Watcher
    Items- N/A

"Chi....what...why are you....you dont...belong....with...us." said a voice. Chinatsu heard only small parts but the voice sounded unusually familiar. Chinatsu opened her eyes feeling horrible. "Where the hell am I?!" She asked looking around. "Who the hell are you?!" The voice led to a male in around his 30's who put a finger to Chinatsu's mouth.

"Is that anyway to talk to your father?" The man asked nicely. "Oh yea the guy who could care less if Im alive!" Chinatsu said pulling away from him. "Thats not true. I couldnt take you back. I died and I dont know why I've been pulled into your dream.

Chinatsu, you're dying from blood loss." Her father said seriously. She turned away and looked down. "I dont care..my bloods bad anyways." She said looking down at her body.

She heard voices and turned towards the building. Inside, she saw Jace and Piers. "Piers....and that vagrant....His left side....its not normal is it?" She said waving a hand infront of them. "Chinatsu, they cant see you. Your dying and this is your astral projection. To answer your question, No his left side belongs to his nightmare, Thanatos."

She slammed her fist on the table. "If thats the case, then Piers could die if they had a fight! He already had wounds and was dying once. Damn it why cant I do anything?!" "Thats not true, Chinatsu. You've had a vision before." He said placing a hand on her shoulder. "That was a long time ago! It didnt do a damn thing!" Chinatsu slapped away his hand and started watching them. "If only I could move something...make it known that Im here." She noticed an empty glass sitting on a table. She tried picking it up and suceeded. She looked at Jace and threw it at him, hoping the glass would break.
    Last edited by Luka Megurine; 01-05-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Items: Focus Powder, Strength Powder, Balance Powder, Medicine Bag

Ozman saw how Moir's expression changed as he was preparing for the training session. Styx crawled over to him and hissed. Ozman motioned for Styx to create a web clone of him to train Moir and he did just that. The clone had the focus powder in his hand and he walked over to Moir.
    " Is something wrong?" Ozman asked giving her the powder, " Take this and we will begin the training."
    With her out of the way, Ozman quickly tossed the staff to Rod as Styx entered the house.
    " Ozman was right she was in here all alone." Styx said creating a web around himself, " With this, the house will be protected and the damage done to outside will be prevented."
    " What's with the staff Ozman?" Rod said examining the staff, " Do I really need this?"
    " Yes you do my student." Ozman said sarcastically, " With your body at 100% you will the staff to hold you up. Now then, get ready..."
    The training began with Ozman channeling Styx's energy into his hands making them like blades. He swung them fiercely at Rod while he dodged and blocked with the staff. Rod got on the offensive using the staff like a natural born spearman.
    " Where did you learn how to use a staff like that?" Ozman asked countering attacks, " Last time I checked you couldn't use a staff."
    " You pick up on a few things after fighting someone who uses a weapon." Rod said.
    Ozman decided to kick it up a notch and channeled more of Styx's energy on his whole body creating energy spider legs. Rod still went on the offensive even after Ozman completed the transformation. Ozman noticed Rod starting to bleed from using the powder meaning he was about to feel the fatigue.
    " Why......Do I.......Feel so weak?" Rod said trying to catch his breath, " My body feels worse than before! What did you do to me!?!"
    " Just as I said, when this happens your real training begins." Ozman said calmly, " This will help your endurance to pain. Don't worry, you only took a little of the powder so the fatigue will wear off when you sleep again."
    Ozman suddenly vanished leaving Rod there by himself.
    " Since your movements are slowed, let's see if you can use that staff."
    The real training has begun.

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Items: Powders

" Is something wrong? Take this and we will begin the training." Moir looked at Ozman.

"I just don't feel that Meril is safe alone in her own home. I will just have to tough it out for now and do the training." Moir took the powder but very much detested the taste. So bitter! She noticed that Styx had created a clone of himself. Moir sighed and relaxed her body.

"Whenever you're ready Styx."

Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"I’m not lazy. I’ve got a doctor’s excuse for the day so now I’m just running an errand for my mom. Nice to meet you, Riv!"

Rivkah raised both her brows this time. "Huh. You must have a very important errand to run. I don't know very many mothers who would allow their children to run about like hooligans for any simple task. May I inquire as to what this errand might entail?" She briefly wondered if this kid's mother had ever taught him not to talk to strangers. He seemed very enthusiastic for conversation, and although Rivkah was being nice she wasn't exactly holding out a free pack of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, or whatever kids were into these days.

"I’m Aiden Hayes. Just call me Aiden. I thought I could come here for some fresh air. It can get really stuffy in town sometimes."

He even gave her his last name. Either this child was flat out lying or he was completely and absolutely palpable - much too trusting. It was more likely the latter. In his defense, it was partially due to her own demeanor that gave cause to surrender his guard like so. Still, she couldn't help but think what easy prey he could be to others within her sphere. In a way, he was lucky. But it didn't mean she would bring down her own walls for a pair of baby doe eyes.

"Isn't he a sweet little thing?" Isis gasped from somewhere within. "I need not remind you that looks can be deceiving, mistress."

"There. Just like that."

Riv folded her arms, resting them upon her knees. "Yes. The town can get quite stuffy. Including the people. Sometimes being alone is true solace. You're lucky I've already had my cigarette." This wasn't so bad. At least he wasn't asking stupid questions or asking for 'bus fare' to buy one of those vile energy drinks. He wasn't quite like any other street kid in this town. For one, she had to refrain herself from pinching his cheeks and popping him like a little zit.

"Riv? Are you new to our town? Sorry, but I’m kinda curious about your accent. It’s really nice."

"Oh? You think so?" She drawled, almost to the point of exaggerating her accent. "Well, thank you. I arrived not too long ago for a business excursion. When it isn't stuffy, I rather like your town. It has its charms. I may consider an extended holiday after my work is finished."
    She could feel that Isis was also growing curious about the boy. His appearance was out of the ordinary and yet not enough cause for alarm. "Now, about this errand? If it sounds fun perhaps I could assist you in your quest." She didn't really mean it but it was possible he might take her seriously. Somewhere, Isis grumbled.
    Last edited by Lola Granola; 01-05-2010 at 09:07 PM.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Role: Vagrant (Web Clone)
    Items: N/A

" Ok then, since you took that powder you should feel yourself gathering energy." Ozman said taking some of the powder , " This is where your training will begin, the energy you feel is partially the powder so don't worry if you think you can't store it."
    Ozman's power increased as he calmed his mind and focused it. He then threw a punch with enough force to whip up a whirlwind. He was still storing energy charging for another attack.
    " This is your training, Moir, your task is to create a force strong enough like this."
    Ozman aimed his attack for an open space near Rod and the real Ozman. He threw the punch and a wind fist appeared with wind swirling around it. It flew as far as he could see before fading away into nothing.
    " The powder is designed to help you keep up enough energy to create the force so there's enough for you to use until you can build the energy up yourself." Ozman said grabbing the jar of focus powder, " I know it's bitter but it will help with your training. Don't worry about Meril, Styx is inside the house hidden away from those who can and can't see him, he will protect Meril while we are out here."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Huh. You must have a very important errand to run. I don't know very many mothers who would allow their children to run about like hooligans for any simple task. May I inquire as to what this errand might entail?"

Aiden's head tilted slightly to the right. It took him a moment to comprehend Rivkah’s statement, especially with the uncommon words ‘inquire’ and ‘entail’. But just a moment.

“My mom has me going around town posting Have-you-seen-me notices. It’s for my…” Here his voice became quiet because he almost said ‘dead’, “… missing brother.”

How weird it would sound if one were posting missing person notices for someone who died! More importantly, Aiden did not want to scare Rivkah. Death is too gloomy a topic to start with.

"Yes. The town can get quite stuffy. Including the people. Sometimes being alone is true solace. You're lucky I've already had my cigarette."

Aiden doesn’t notice a lot of things. But he did notice that she had purposely crushed her cigarette even though she hadn’t finished with it. Was it because he, a kid, was there? Most people would continue smoking and sometimes they’d even blow on your face just to piss you off. Riv is really… courteous.

Despite her continued references to being alone, he still did not get the hint that he was bothering her moment of peace.

“Yeah it is,” Aiden replied, looking at the horizon again for a moment. The boy wondered what ‘true solace’ meant. “Though sometimes, it gets too quiet.”

"Oh? You think so? Well, thank you. I arrived not too long ago for a business excursion. When it isn't stuffy, I rather like your town. It has its charms. I may consider an extended holiday after my work is finished. Now, about this errand? If it sounds fun perhaps I could assist you in your quest."

‘It has its charms.’? She must have missed the morning's newspaper.

He grimaced, “No, it isn’t fun! Is going around town putting up posters is something anyone would really, really wanna do? Baseball or skating with my friends is fun. But they’re in school, the losers. ” Aiden laughed, “Still, I don’t want to make mom mad. Biking around town is kinda nice anyway. So if you’d like going around town, I dunno, see the sights? There’s…”

A mental image of this morning’s article popped into Aiden’s mind. Perhaps he had help from Theo. Perhaps not. Aiden suddenly had a serious realization. Would Riv really, really want to see the insane events at the Teaberry? People getting hurt or possibly even killed at the slums? Frail old people having seizures in the park cause of crazy teenagers? Or – Wilma told him this – the hospital being attacked and mass-drugged by pyromaniac terrorists?

“… er… a knitting club by the supermarket…?”

Showing Riv around his town sounded like an awesome idea. But the last thing he’d want is to put her in danger. Even if it was his beloved town.

“On second thought, Riv, maybe you should get out of here as soon as possible,” Aiden smiled sheepishly, as if admitting that he did not know the answer to a teacher’s question, “Not that I don’t want you here or that I don’t like my town! But crime rate has been really high the past week and no one really knows why. I don’t want to bring you around where you could easily get hurt. Um… maybe come back in a few months? When it’s safer?”
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 01-06-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: This box is unavailable as it now seeks a greater purpose other than being read by you.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"My mom has me going around town posting have-you-seen-me notices. It’s for my... missing brother."

Her facial features gradually relaxed as she regarded him thoughtfully, tilting her head to the left and absent-mindfully mirroring his move. She listened to him speak quietly, noting the hushed tone at the mention of his brother. Normally she would understand this shift in tone for sadness or pain. It struck her odd that these emotions were muted in his body language. He conveyed a more cautionary tale, and his cheery introduction didn't really help his case. Nonetheless, Rivkah played along and continued to sympathize the lad in the event that she was wrong. If his story was true and she wasn't careful with her words he could start bawling at any moment.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Aiden. It probably doesn't mean much coming from a stranger, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your brother. Here, let me take a look at one of those flyers." Riv brushed off excess sand as she rose, slowly closing the distance between herself and the child. With a swift, dainty motion she plucked one of the flyers from Aiden's grasp, reading it carefully. "Well this shouldn't be too hard. He's much cuter than you. No wonder your mother frets enough to pull you from your duties. I'll be able to spot him from miles away." It was a rather cruel joke for the situation, but it was an honest attempt to lighten the mood. In truth, they looked very much alike.

Riv noticed Aiden seemed perplexed at times with her speech. She made a mental reminder that she wasn't speaking to an adult, and to choose easier words. I should be better at this, she thought, shifting her gaze to the rolling waves. The tide was coming in and the water began to nip at her toes. She folded the notice a few times before slipping it into her pocket. It would be time to leave soon.

"No, it isn’t fun! Is going around town putting up posters is something anyone would really, really wanna do? Baseball or skating with my friends is fun. But they’re in school, the losers. Still, I don’t want to make mom mad. Biking around town is kinda nice anyway. So if you’d like going around town, I dunno, see the sights? There’s... er... a knitting club by the supermarket... ?"

"Boy, do I look like an old granny to you?! Knitting club? Knitting club? PAH." Riv wrinkled her face into a scowl, though she wasn't angry. "Okay, I confess that I knit mittens sometimes when I'm super stressed out, but still. It isn't something I really really want to do, much like you don't really want to run around town putting up posters, even though you like riding your bike. I'm not particularly interested in the sights, though it sounds pleasant-"

"On second thought, Riv, maybe you should get out of here as soon as possible. Not that I don’t want you here or that I don’t like my town! But crime rate has been really high the past week and no one really knows why. I don’t want to bring you around where you could easily get hurt. Um... maybe come back in a few months? When it’s safer?"

It probably wouldn't be a great idea to tell him she loved his town because she had slaughtered a handful of cheating bastards and had easily gotten away without so much as a scratch. She had also yet to encounter another vagrant to war with, which couldn't be said with her past residencies. Her scowl shifted as she started chuckling softly. "Dear Aiden, you are too sweet. It may not look like it but I can handle myself better than you think. I was born in a very dense city where the crime rate was high, if not higher than this town's. Besides, I can't leave until my business trip is finished."

She wanted to take the truth out of him. There was something strange about his so-called missing brother, and his sudden change in conversational pace. There was no one around, and now that she seemed to have the boy's trust it wouldn't be that obvious to him. He was only an arm span away. She would try not to hurt him. Riv could feel Isis rising to meet the task, but for now, she subdued the nightmare. "Are you alright? You seem... nervous all of a sudden."
    Last edited by Lola Granola; 01-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

He raised an eyebrow, "But push as you will a man who doesn't listen like you can't hear what is inside him."

Thanatos was speaking in reference to how he knew about Madeleine. What did he mean? Was Piers missing something that was evident? There, too, was the problem of knowing who the Guardian was that Jace had mentioned using an illusion on. So many loose ends dangled from their talk, and Piers had no way of connecting them all at the moment. All he could do was push on in hopes of inferring more info from Jace.

Thanatos laughed slightly.
    "Your greatest fear is confined spaces with little light. The dark cramped space makes your spine tingle. But sadly that is not new information nor useful. I have illusions capable of summon a persons fear without me needing to know it. All this does is confirm it to us both."

This was a problem. Piers now had one less thing to offer Jace as leverage.

"I wonder. What happened to you for you to be scared of something so simple?"
    "Does it matter his fear is weak and so it must be harder for him to draw power through it into his nightmare. It compares little to your own."
    "The perfect and final fear. Everyone has it."
    "But we thrive from it."
    Just then they both seemed to notice that they were talking in front of Piers and a smile that met the top of each cheek spread quickly across their face.

A “final fear”? What would be more final than death? Surely death wasn’t Jace’s ultimate fear. Of course, as William of Ockham said, the simplest explanation is often the best. Furthermore, many people who had nightmares found that their nightmares ended up being a representation of their own worst fears; Skitters was a perfect example of this. So…did Jace indeed fear death more than anything else, as his nightmare took on the form of a traditional symbol of death? Jace had also mentioned that “everyone” had the fear, to a degree, that he did. Was it because of the loss of his mother? That only complicated things, as it made the two men more similar than he’d like to admit, though Piers had quite a different ultimate fear.

Suddenly, Jace reached for the radio he had taken from Joseph Jaegar, and the last threads of Piers’s supposed leverage unraveled completely.

"Here." Jace picked it from his belt and placed it on the table. "Take it back. It has served it's purpose. In brought me a fight and a prize." He smiled, "A kind guesture but a one use item is just that. One use."

It was over. And Piers had lost. He had nothing to persuade Jace to agree to any of his terms, and his agenda could not be pushed. He had failed, and completely so.

"But so far you have impressed me Piers. Despite the situation you maintain your composure. I knew it was right to invite you here. Are you not finding this fun?" Thanatos asked.

Piers was so distraught and crestfallen that he almost didn’t hear Thanatos speaking to him. Then, suddenly, the words seeped into his mind, and he spoke. Slowly. And deliberately.

“I do not share your idea of ‘fun,’ Jace. But I have to say, there is an allure to seeing the enemy before facing him. Not unlike the generals of old who dined with each other before battle.” He then cut a bite of fish from its bones and ate it, chewing it slowly. “Or, perhaps more like the sailors who were said to gaze at storms with awe before it hit their vessels, leaving them scrambling to stay on the thinner side of chaos. Yes, there is a human allure, a fascination with one’s enemy. That is the only extent to which I can agree with you. Of course, more than anything, I have the feeling of defeat right now.”

Piers looked squarely into the eyes of Jace, his façade of confidence disappearing and leaving behind a genuine look of engagement that perhaps said more about his composure than the false bravery he had tried to display the entire time. His voice was authentic, not laced with a false steadiness and yet unwavering in delivery.

“You’ve shown me that I have nothing, nothing at all to offer you. My loved ones…my Glaiza (he had no fear of mentioning her name as Jace had already done so), the citizens of this town…are still at risk. I have failed, and miserably so. So, now all I can do is perform my job to the utmost of my ability. And somehow, I feel that was your intention all along, wasn’t it, Jace? To get me to swear that our conflict will be authentically pure and unhindered, and that you will face Piers DeFoe as no one else ever has. Yes, that was your intention, I believe…and I also believe I’ve figured this out too late. The agenda I sought to push is gone. And we are left with nothing but a commitment to give our all against one another. The ultimate…’game’?”

Piers had spoken so intently, looking at Jace with such concentration, that he noticed things about him he’d never had the chance to see before. At least not in detail. On the side of Jace’s face that remained human…were small scratches and a bruise.

“You said life can play such cruel games on us, Jace. And I agree. I did not give you those bruises, my friend. What has life been throwing at you?”

For the first time, Piers was losing the anger that had blinded him concerning Jace, and was remembering that this Vagrant was, after all, a human, just like him. And he had as much reason to “save” him from his identity as a Vagrant as he did in his pursuit to save others from becoming victims to Thanatos.

“You asked…how I obtained my fear. It’s quite an unremarkable, boring story. I fell through the foundation of a house and spent all night in the small, dark place that once served as a basement while I was in the Army. My mother’s death was unremarkable, too. She died of cancer. And yet both have had huge impacts on me. I suspect you know this, Jace…but we are much alike. Yet, perhaps the things that made you what you are can be said to be ‘remarkable’. I don’t know.”

Piers would have never been able to say those words had he not meet Jace face to face and feel the hopelessness from his defeat at securing the safety of innocents. As he saw Jace as a human, almost a victim to the illusion of power that usually clouded a Vagrant’s mind, he was able to speak candidly to him for the first time.

“I would free you, Jace, from the plight and the darkness Thanatos has brought to your mind. You could beat him yourself, I believe. But you won’t, will you? I hope I’m wrong. I hope you will. Either way, the words of a certain Man come to my mind at the moment: ‘Those that live by the sword, die by the sword.’ Your violence will come to an end with your death, a death brought on, most likely, by the very violence you disseminate. I don’t know when, or how. So, the only thing I can truly give you is that warning. I don’t believe you’ll heed it; but I hope you do.”

And with that, he had nothing more to say. Defeated men find themselves forsaking supposed strengths in their moments of vulnerability, and Piers was no exception. His appeal was for Jace’s humanity, and it would likely be scoffed at. If so, it would make Piers all the more able to fight without reservation when the time came, though conflict between them was never merely physical.

He stared at Jace, his face not showing concern, but a genuine sense of interest. He stared at him until an empty glass on the table seemed to move a little, then launched itself at Jace, startling Piers enough to jump back, out of his seat, mouth agape.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role: watcher
    Items: inhaler

melinda stood and stretched, she walked by a glass covert bookcase until she saw 'mark' again from the corner of her eye. she turned to him and glared " what do you want". the 'mark' smirked revealing a pair off fangs "to be free ofcourse thats the least you could do for me since i am keeping you alive". Melinda cocked her head to one side "what do you mean" the thing in the glass laughed "oh please do you really believe you survived everything you did on your pathetic human strenght?" he face straightend "your suppost to be blind and unable to speak, but i cannot have that can i? what use is a vessel if i can't wield it". Melinda blinked "your a nightmare" the thing laughed again "bingo wanna go through for the fridge? or do you rather have a vision where your beloved guardians die" the thing smirked "don't even assume that if the nightmares win that you wil die with your guardians, a watcher is valuable even to nightmares". he laughed again "maybe the king of the nightmares even wil make you his queen" he snickered. Melinda glared again "you guys will never win". the creature lost his smile "wanna bet" before she could move away the mark lookalike hands shot from the glass and grabbed her head, melinda screamed and a few techs ran into the library finding her twitching and wheezing on the floor "she is having a seizure!"get some meds". Melinda saw marks hands retreat as someone shot her with a sedatave and gave into the blackness. The techs sighed " she is stable, let get her to the infirmary and warn Karn" a few techs nodded and one left to find karn.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: None

GLAIZA'S POV

"My apologies Miss," She paused to look at the menu then back at the waitress. "I think a fruit smoothie and piece of cheesecake would be fine." She placed the menu back on the table.

"I would also like to know if you are hiring anyone new here. I am currently looking for a job and I thought I would start at my favorite place." She asked while grinning.

Her smile is unnerving, as if I should be afraid of it, but I'm not? I wonder why this could be so, since she seems like a completely sweet girl.

"Well, I could probably get you that fruit smoothie and the cheesecake. As for the job, we are actually looking for a new waitress, as one..."

"Just became the boss, because the main boss recently died, and therefore she is no longer available for the part? Did you know that that boss got stabbed in the middle of the night and there was blood, EVERYWHERE? Are you scared? *manly-giggle*"

I can't say that!

"It's the truth" and I can almost see him mentally shrug his I-don't-care-either-way shrug.

"...can't be a waitress anymore." I finished lamely, after that brief silence in between.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cerise
    Items: Guardian radio, Suitcase, Cell phone, Apples

The gates of the Guardian HQ of this town were much smaller than the one in the mainland. But it was still made of the same adamant steel alloy capable of withstanding various Vagrant attacks. The visitor had to smile because sections of the gates were covered in delicate jasmine vines. And she thought that this HQ had no femininity whatsoever.

Cerise Reid stood in front of the gates, pulling along a red suitcase behind her. She wore a white, maroon and pink striped sweater with jeans – truly meant for travelling. The curls of her burnt orange hair bounced around her shoulders. For a moment, she stood still, looking at the place she would call home for the next few months.

Cerise had taken the liberty of exploring town before coming to the HQ. It had seemed eerily quiet for a town famous in the mainland for having unbelievably high Vagrant activity. From the Karn, Piers and Seda reports in the Gu.I.L.A., they were very assertive Vagrants too. The next few months are going to hurt.

...As long as there are Guardians, hostile Vagrants will know pain. They will not roam freely without fear... If they disturb the peace, we will give them no peace. We will hunt every single one down and clear them off the streets so that our children can once again play as freely as they wish.

Cerise smiled at the memory of her superior's words and scolded herself for that moment of doubt. The Vagrants may be formidable, but from what she heard, the Guardians here are a force to be reckoned with.

Then her eyes fell on the doorbell. A doorbell, for the love of sanity, in a place that was meant to be concealed. What kind of Vagrant would ring doorbells? Or maybe Guardians here like having pizza delivered. This so amused her that she rang it. A melodious tone, like the chime of bells, resonated through the wind.

A boy with an exasperated expression on his face hurried past the front desk. Cerise had already scanned through the profiles of the town's Guardians so she could have a better idea on what to expect within the next few months. She knew who she was looking at.

“Hey kiddo!” she called out to him, “Are you Harue? I’m Cerise Reid. Is something wrong? Where are you going in such a hurry?”

Aiden

“… He's much cuter than you. No wonder your mother frets enough to pull you from your duties. I'll be able to spot him from miles away."

An indescribable expression passed through Aiden’s face as she described his brother. But it went away quickly. Aiden hated to lie, but Riv can’t know this one fact about him.

“Yeah, he was way cooler than me.” He admitted, but there was a tone in his voice that said he did not want to dwell on the topic, “Mom said he had friends in the right and wrong places. So maybe they’ve got him.”

When she said that she knit mittens like an old grandma, Aiden couldn't help but laugh loudly. He did this to hide his surprise at how quickly she had dropped her high-class demeanour and suddenly spoke like a teenage girl. Like most of the other unpredictable girls in school, actually, as if she had suddenly lost some self control and let out an inner child.

"Dear Aiden, you are too sweet. It may not look like it but I can handle myself better than you think. I was born in a very dense city where the crime rate was high, if not higher than this town's. Besides, I can't leave until my business trip is finished."

Aiden wanted very much to tell her to stay away from the Teaberry, at least. But she already said she could handle herself. Riv said that she was even born and bred in a more dangerous town than this one. For some reason, he did not find that surprising at all. Aiden just nodded helplessly. Maybe she meant that she’d have body guards with her.

"Are you alright? You seem... nervous all of a sudden."

Aiden shook his head, “Oh, sorry about that. I was just worried that you won’t like our town. I just realized it wasn't as cool as I thought it was. But since you said you can handle yourself, I don’t think you’ll want a little kid like me protecting you." He laughed and brightened, his apprehension melted away, "Still, if you say so, our town isn't so bad. The Teaberry coffee shop makes great carrot cake! I'd love to show it to you."

… And the morning is yours in return, Nightmare of Rivkah. I am Theo, this kid’s Nightmare. I’d like to have a little chat, but I am not fond of Guardians. Kindly prove to me then, that you are not one of them.
    Hurt this boy. Hurt him any way you can.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 01-07-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: It's so convenient for Isis that we're right next to a giant body of water, isn't it?

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

Nerisa
    Items: Photo

Nerisa went out of the room to get herself some coffee when a scream caused her to run back. Landy had woken up crying, her fists burrowing heavily on her face.

She wasn't great at tending to crying people but Nerisa rushed to Landy's side and hugged her, trying to calm the nerves of the girl who was usually good-natured and sweet.

"Shh... Landy.. calm down.. Calm down please.." Nerisa smoothed her hair and continued to speak in a low voice.

Oh my gawd.. I should really work on my people skills.. Nerisa thought nervously. She was at a loss. It bothered her to realize that there was so little she could do for Landy. Let her type up some thousand-word editorial in a half-hour, see, she can do it. She can also openly bad-mouth the mayor and not fear for her life. After all, he's a puppet.. Not even a finely-crafted one at that.

Why'd I think that, all of a sudden..? Nerisa shook her head and continued to rub Landy's back, hoping it would comfort the girl. Her Mom used to do this to her when she would wake up during the night suffering from nightmares.

Nightmares of a man in the distance.. With his finely tailored suit and hat...

**And on that open door
    I met,
    A man who sits upon my bed
    He didn't visit me today
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

That was a poem Nerisa wrote when she was nine.

Nerisa hands shook with a coldness she can only describe as fear. And it was absurd. Suddenly remembering that forgotten childhood Nightmare was too random it was creepy. Anyway, the nightmares have already stopped so why did she suddenly feel... scared?

Nerisa tried to calm herself. She looked at Landy's crying face and couldn't help but shiver.

[OOC: Inspired by William Hughes Mearn's poem.]

[**Nerisa's active nightmare manifests itself in other ways instead of dreams.]

++

Harue
    Role: Guardian (trainee)
    Items: Guardian radio

Harue didn't get breakfast that morning. And yesterday too. This bothered him greatly because he wasn't accustomed to skipping meals. He had always tried his best to pack for his own lunch and dinner in case there was an extra job needed to be done outside HQ (which was rare for him, being a trainee).

He had to get to Sir Yorick's location right away. Their last phone conversation gave him all the reason to believe the man was used to functioning with half-a-brain on. Harue bustled through the front desk, contemplating whether to get an early lunch packed for today when a strange voice called to him--

“Hey kiddo! Are you Harue? I’m Cerise Reid. Is something wrong? Where are you going in such a hurry?”

And once again, a nickname.. What's wrong with my name really? Harue wondered at the new woman waving at him.

"Uhm, Hello Miss." Harue greeted the new lady. "Good Morning. You know my name, then you are affiliated with us?" Harue said carefully. After all, he didn't know who she was, a guardian or a tech. Misinformation would be close to an unforgivable faux pas. A little bit of caution after all, he wasn't aware of a new Guardian coming today.

Jean, the front desk tech, quickly corrected this error.

"Ah, Miss Reid." she greeted checking her computer. "Harue, this is our new reinforcement from Mainland, Miss Cerise Reid. Her Assignment Log to our unit got delayed because of some... unknown technical problems. Jeez, one would think Mainland would have better tech facilities."

With this, Harue turned to his new colleague, "Nice to meet you, Miss Reid. Excuse me while I go get something to eat. You're welcome to join me if you'd like."
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 01-07-2010 at 12:29 PM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information