AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 28 68 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Yorick
    Role: Guardian
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone (dead)

Before Yorick realized it, Karn was facing him from his position in the wheelchair. If wheelchairs were supposed to slow you down, no one had notified Karn. Unfortunately he didn’t seem too happy, and Yorick soon realized why.

"Too many words and fancy ones for that. It doesn't suit you Yorick. Serious isn't your strong suit." The words were meant to be light hearted but came out bitter.

Yorick wasn’t deterred in the least by Karn’s rough greeting, simply because he believed it was just normal procedure for Karn to operate that way. Even so, Karn did seem a bit more agitated than before. Nevertheless, Yorick still greeted him heartily. “Karn! Hey man, I’ve gotta load to tell you about what’s been going down. You see—”

"What are you doing bring Vagrants here? I may not know what is going on but it's dangerous regardless of how incapacitated they may be." There was too much vemon in that as well. Karn tried to calm himself.

Now Yorick was starting to sweat. Though it had seemed like a good idea at the time, had Yorick been mistaken in bringing the Vagrants here?

"I may have been out of it for the past day but this is the last thing we need. Duo is missing did you know? There is a crazy Vagrant wielding a God out there. Guardians are just disappearing? And who knows what else has happened while I've been gone." He could feel his anger flaring out at the both. He wanted to stop but it poured out.

Duo was missing? What on earth was going on?

"So please tell me what have I have missed now that we are bring in vagrants for free health care? Did we branch into something new? The happy-go-lucky-care-center-for-nightmares?"

Yorick felt too anxious and even scared to answer. Also, the worry that he was now feeling over the sudden news of Duo’s disappearance was growing. Not usually one to weigh the options before acting, Yorick nevertheless knew that if he was going to answer Karn then he had to do so by the book—and truthfully.

“K—Karn, I can explain.” Yorick took a deep breath and rambled out his reasons. “You know, we...we’re not supposed to kill humans, right? Well, I was afraid that if we didn’t get medical attention for the boy, his wounds might be too much for him. As for the girl...well, I couldn’t let a Vagrant wander around unattended. And since we’re short-staffed on Guardians at the moment, I figured I’d better watch them myself. And...”

Making sure he had no more reasons to bring to his aid, he lowered his head. He was very nervous over Karn’s response, but the way Gray was standing and appearing made it seem as if he should relax a bit. Perhaps it was the tension, but he found himself holding Chinatsu’s hand a little tighter.

Piers
    Items: Guardian radio (off), cell phone, pen and paper with notes (both inside jacket)

After speaking to Cerise, Piers brought the phone back to his ear.

Piers?" she said, her voice shrill and hysterical. She tried to calm herself but it just made the tears pour out and roll down her cheeks. She tried to take a couple of deep breaths but the quickly turned to sobs so she cleared her throat and tried again. "Piers, something is wrong. I... I need..." she choked out, trying her hardest to stay in control but she couldn't.

She was crying. He could hear it. Already upset over what had transpired inside the mansion, he now found his fear growing over Landy’s wellbeing.

“Piers?”

He tried to hide his worry and spoke quickly and, as well as he could, somewhat calmly.

“Landy, it’s okay; I just need you to answer a few questions for me, alright? Are you by yourself? Are you hurt? Where are you? What’s got you upset?”

The answer to those questions was imperative for him to come up with a general picture of what was going on. Keeping the questions to a minimum was important right now as he needed Landy to do the talking. He was worried, but his concentration over finding out if Landy was okay was strong enough for him to focus on her answers, thanks to the pain being alleviated by Belone’s medicine.

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Location- Landy's apartment
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy let out a sigh of relief as Piers finallly replied. "Piers! I'm at my apartment. Nothings wrong, I don't think, but I just woke up and... I don't think anythings wrong with me but I can't remember the last two days. I... I don't know where I've been or what I was doing! It's like nothing changed with me but I feel different but I don't look different or physically look different or anything. I'm so confused! What do I do, what do I do?" she sobbed into the phone, clutching it to her chest as she hunched into herself.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Green Ribbon
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2015 01:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Danger Duchess

Role: Watcher
    Items: Pill Bottle

"So please tell me what have I have missed now that we are bring in vagrants for free health care? Did we branch into something new? The happy-go-lucky-care-center-for-nightmares?"

“K—Karn, I can explain.” Yorick took a deep breath and rambled out his reasons. “You know, we...we’re not supposed to kill humans, right? Well, I was afraid that if we didn’t get medical attention for boy, his wounds might be too much for him. As for the girl...well, I couldn’t let a Vagrant wander around unattended. And since we’re short-staffed on Guardians at the moment, I figured I’d better watch them myself. And...”

Making sure he had no more reasons to bring to his aid, he lowered his head. He was very nervous over Karn’s response, but the way Gray was standing and appearing made it seem as if he should relax a bit. Perhaps it was the tension, but he found himself holding Chinatsu’s hand a little tighter.

Chinatsu looked worryingly at her and Yorick's hand, feeling the grip tighten. She bit her lip and gave him a squeeze back. "Listen, Karn-san. I understand we're all under a lot of pressure but we can't all get mad at each other. Nothing's going to get done and nothing's going to get better if we all verbally attack each other. Look, a few hours ago I tried to find Duo and nothing came up. None of us can change the fact now that his disappearance even happened. So can we please just calm down and get some damn work done?" She said, her blood pressure heightening and her cheeks flushed.

She let go of Yorick's hand only for a second to take her medicine again. She tilted her head upwards again, trying to let it slide down. She swallowed the pill and took hold of Yorick's hand again. Chinatsu closed her eyes, her system cooling down. She closed her eyes, her cheeks going back to their original color. She looked up at Karn and threw on a small smile. "I'm sorry, looks like I was a little bit of a hypocrite myself." She said, another failed attempt to lighten the mood occuring.

She staggered a little bit and fell towards Yorick a little, partly on purpose. "Don't worry. I'll take the bullet for you with these situations. It's the least I can do." She whispered, so only he could hear her. She stood up straight and smiled again. "Sorry, my medicine's side effect is dizziness or loss of balance."
    Last edited by Luka Megurine; 01-29-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Stuff from previous copying was in there and The curious case of missing quotations.
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role: Vagrant
    Items: N/A

Meril looked at Ozman, puzzled and wondered what he had saw.

" When I died I saw a fragment of the future and it involved you and Rod. I saw a wedding ring on your finger and Zen was with Moir during the whole thing." Meril's eyes nearly popped out of her head, her heart was racing faster than it normally would and she felt as if she was about to fain. Moir came to her side and held her safe and still.

"Are you absolutely positive that is what happened?" Meril knew that the future was always subject to change but she couldn't help but feel that it was the right future for her and Moir. Moir felt her assertiveness and nodded at Ozman.

" Meril, Rod is going through a change right now that could hurt you both. He still has that anger in his heart and that will lead to his downfall. I have already gotten in touch with Yorick and told what he needs to do but what I need from you two is make sure he doesn't get mad or the rage will emerge. " Meril looked at Moir and immediately knew that they should find Yorick and speak with him.

" Take care of my sons for me while I'm gone. It would've been nice meeting my grandchildren someday." Meril felt the compulsion to hug Ozman but she knew that he was a ghost and would not feel a thing. Moir went over and hugged Ozman to see if it would work.

"I am sure we will find a way for you to see your grandchildren Ozman. I am sure you will be proud of them all." Meril grinned at Moir and then they began to find Yorick.

"Yorick!" Meril stepped in on the conversation they were having with a man that Meril had never met. She didn't know what to say but she scratched the back of her head nervously and approached Yorick.

"We need to find that bag quick. I know Rod's power and we must haste! He can destroy HQ in a hearbeat." Meril paused and turned towards the man and shook his hand. "I am Meril, I am the Vagrant that came with the other one. I beg of you, please let me help find that bag." Meril sighed and had seen that something was wrong with Yorick. He seemed a bit off and she couldn't help feel like it was her fault somehow.

"Please do not blame Yorick for anything that he has done. I believe what he had done was the right choice. I am a Vagrant and it's a Guardian's job to keep us in check, am I right? He followed protocol to the best extent that he could." She looked at Yorick and grinned. "Put the blame on me. I decided to come into a place that I knew Vagrants weren't welcome. If at all, place the blame on me." Meril looked at Yorick and back to the man.

"We need to get a move on before something terrible happens."

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Cerise

The smirk on her face faded with that awkward 'please'. He couldn't even muster a simple retort. Now that she took a good look at him, Piers seemed exhausted. He breathed deeply, his heavy wounds rendered two of his limbs immobile. His face was pale and anemic. There was a slight shivering in his leg and arm that she didn't think he even noticed. He must be in excruciating pain, but was just grinning and bearing it. Her heart was moved to-

NO! Cerise mentally screamed. He's the worst! A jerk! A selfish and impulsive hero-wanna-be!

A hero-wanna-be who is bleeding all over the backseat. A quiet voice that she knew did not belong to Cirocco whispered, Forgive him.

But he-

Forgive him.

"All right!" she sounded like a little girl throwing a tantrum, but one who knows she has lost. Cerise huffed and flipped her hair backwards with one hand, as if to get it out of the way, then walked around the vehicle. She opened the other door and let herself in the car next to Piers, where there was more space.

"I'll act like a mature adult just this once." She half-joked, trying not to look him in the eyes. Cerise refused to let him know that she truly felt ashamed for letting childish emotions take over during a situation like this. Like the Guardian that she is, she covered this by concentrating on the urgency of his wounds.

"First off, Piers, what happened with you this time?" Sitting next to him inside, she gently placed her hands on his wounded arm, his mangled leg, studying them closely, "Have you taken any kind of medication? Teeth serrations on the forearm. A dislocated shoulder. What kind of Nightmare were you fighting, Piers?"

He began talking over the phone with who sounded like a lost girl. Cerise felt a tinge of annoyance at being ignored, "Ready or not, I'll pop your shoulder back in now. This will hurt, but it will be over in THREE, TWO-" She held one part of his arm and another on his shoulder, then forced the joint back together, "-One"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 01-31-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: <(^^)> Kirby smile!

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Karn
    Role: Guardian (?)
    Items: Guardian radio

Gray dissolved into a fine silver mist as the girl approached Karn. She began to beg him for help. To claim responsability for what had happened and defending Yorick and Chinatsu. As when Chinatsu had defended Yorick, she too had a flame in her eyes that seemed to scream the need to protect. Karn felt guilty at his own outrage. He also smiled slightly to Yorick. Both girls, no, both women, had came to Yorick's defence for this situation.
    "Always the ladies man eh?" He whispered. Karn sighed and took three deep breaths. As he did Gray entered his body.

There are something in life that can't be explained. Some, like how birds know how to fly, can come down to instinct. Others are different. Like how a person can use a computer to amazing affect but yet know nothing about how the inside of it works. How the logic runs or the data is processed. Karn felt that now. He knew Gray could not speak, yet he felt him communicate with him. He knew Gray was solid and yet felt him change. Change into something new. Change into something while inside of him. And with it all he came to know so much more then he understood.

Karn did not notice how time had passed and he had yet to talk. Nor did he notice how he had closed his eyes. Instead he just spoke in quiet confidance.
    "Fine. I will help you." He visibly relaxed. "But you have to listen to me ok? Tell me where you need to go. Tell to exactly where you need to go." He opened one eye to look at the girl. His expression was strict, but in a kind teacher kinda way. "Exactly where."
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yorick

Chinatsu looked worryingly at her and Yorick's hand, feeling the grip tighten. She bit her lip and gave him a squeeze back. "Listen, Karn-san. I understand we're all under a lot of pressure but we can't all get mad at each other. Nothing's going to get done and nothing's going to get better if we all verbally attack each other. Look, a few hours ago I tried to find Duo and nothing came up. None of us can change the fact now that his disappearance even happened. So can we please just calm down and get some damn work done?" She said, her blood pressure heightening and her cheeks flushed.

Yep, that was kinda hott...

She let go of Yorick's hand only for a second to take her medicine again. She tilted her head upwards again, trying to let it slide down. She swallowed the pill and took hold of Yorick's hand again. Chinatsu closed her eyes, her system cooling down. She closed her eyes, her cheeks going back to their original color. She looked up at Karn and threw on a small smile. "I'm sorry, looks like I was a little bit of a hypocrite myself." She said, another failed attempt to lighten the mood occuring.

She staggered a little bit and fell towards Yorick a little, partly on purpose. "Don't worry. I'll take the bullet for you with these situations. It's the least I can do." She whispered, so only he could hear her. She stood up straight and smiled again. "Sorry, my medicine's side effect is dizziness or loss of balance."

“Don’t worry, I got you,” Yorick said, afraid to lace his comment with his usual flirtations in the presence of Karn. Holding her up with his left arm around her own left arm and his right hand against her back was easy, as she seemed less disoriented than she appeared. Yorick was worried that Karn would respond in anger, and was grateful for a quick interruption from Meril.

"Yorick!" Meril stepped in on the conversation they were having with a man that Meril had never met. She didn't know what to say but she scratched the back of her head nervously and approached Yorick.

"We need to find that bag quick. I know Rod's power and we must haste! He can destroy HQ in a hearbeat." Meril paused and turned towards the man and shook his hand. "I am Meril, I am the Vagrant that came with the other one. I beg of you, please let me help find that bag." Meril sighed and had seen that something was wrong with Yorick. He seemed a bit off and she couldn't help feel like it was her fault somehow.

Oh boy, Karn’s gonna blow…

"Please do not blame Yorick for anything that he has done. I believe what he had done was the right choice. I am a Vagrant and it's a Guardian's job to keep us in check, am I right? He followed protocol to the best extent that he could." She looked at Yorick and grinned. "Put the blame on me. I decided to come into a place that I knew Vagrants weren't welcome. If at all, place the blame on me." Meril looked at Yorick and back to the man.

Hmm…that was a smooth move, if I do say so myself. Guardians don’t usually expect manners from Vagrants, after all….

"We need to get a move on before something terrible happens."

Hoping that Chinatsu and Meril had worked together to let some of the steam off Karn’s temper, Yorick quickly said, “Karn, would…would you mind if I take Meril and Chinatsu with me to get the powder? If you don’t mind watching Rod or having someone stand by him, that is…I—it’s your call, man. But I think we’d better retrieve it quickly…in my humble opinion. Sir.”

…pleasedontkillmepleasedontkillme…

Piers
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, list with notes on it and pen (both inside jacket)

She opened the other door and let herself in the car next to Piers, where there was more space.

"I'll act like a mature adult just this once." She half-joked, trying not to look him in the eyes. Cerise refused to let him know that she truly felt ashamed for letting childish emotions take over during a situation like this. Like the Guardian that she is, she covered this by concentrating on the urgency of his wounds.

"First off, Piers, what happened with you this time?" Sitting next to him inside, she gently placed her hands on his wounded arm, his mangled leg, studying them closely, "Have you taken any kind of medication? Teeth serrations on the forearm. A dislocated shoulder. What kind of Nightmare were you fighting, Piers?"

Perhaps the medicine that Belone had dispersed provided some potent side-effects, or perhaps Cerise truly did care about his wounds. Part of him wanted to keep his guard up, yet he was sure something was genuine in the way Cerise was conducting herself. She always behaved as a proper Guardian, but now it seemed that her civility was being prioritized in a way that confused Piers. Landy’s voice brought him back to the issue at hand while Cerise continued examining his wounds.

Landy let out a sigh of relief as Piers finallly replied. "Piers! I'm at my apartment. Nothings wrong, I don't think, but I just woke up and... I don't think anythings wrong with me but I can't remember the last two days. I... I don't know where I've been or what I was doing! It's like nothing changed with me but I feel different but I don't look different or physically look different or anything. I'm so confused! What do I do, what do I do?" she sobbed into the phone, clutching it to her chest as she hunched into herself.

Alright, she’s okay and she’s in a secure location at the moment. But it certainly sounds as if Sigataph is making a push for control over the host that just so happens to be my friend. I can see the writing on the wall by now…a confrontation is inevitable, and it’s likely to happen soon.

Having most of his anxiety mitigated by the info Landy provided for him, Piers’s reply was less fraught than earlier. “Good, Landy, good; for a sec there I thought that maybe—

He began talking over the phone with who sounded like a lost girl. Cerise felt a tinge of annoyance at being ignored, "Ready or not, I'll pop your shoulder back in now. This will hurt, but it will be over in THREE, TWO-" She held one part of his arm and another on his shoulder, then forced the joint back together, "-One"

He had clinched his teeth for the approaching moment, but was totally unprepared for Cerise’s surprise remedy. He half-gasped, half-grunted, and dropped the phone.

The pain subsided as quickly as it had appeared, though a throbbing sensation remained in his shoulder. “T—thanks?” he managed to say through a genuine grimace. “I—sorry about your questions, I just wanted to see if Landy was alright. I just recently discovered that she’s a feral, so you can imagine the stress she’s under.”

Wait—had he just apologized and subsequently spoken to Cerise as a civil adult?

“The nightmare I encountered here was of the canine ilk. He called himself the ‘Retriever’. I have reason to believe that I neutralized him when the rubble fell, but I also saw a young girl in the rubble as well; now, 'Mama' and Seda can’t find her.”

Piers realized that he had ducked the primary question altogether. Had he done it intentionally on a subconscious level? Perhaps, since he didn’t want to tell Cerise the truth as it would likely lead to an insult about him pursuing another bogus lead with unnecessary risks. Even so, he felt that the moment had nothing in it that could dissuade him from telling the truth, especially in light of how Cerise was his de facto caretaker.

“I…well, my leads led me here. All of them. To this estate. I was looking for Madeleine, and by all indications I still have reason to believe that she is here. At least, I know that Jigsaw is as his name was dropped several times. Further, Skitters seems to be unresponsive. I think that about covers it.”

Thank her.

Thank her?! Do you know who she is? She’s—

Thank her.

“And…thank you.” He blinked, and then blinked again. “I really mean it. Alright, I—had better hasten after you—that is, if you don’t mind—using your powers for me.”

Embarassed, humbled, or both, Piers picked the phone back up and spoke to Landy with more certitude than he’d had in a while.

“Landy, I fell into a bit of bad luck. But I’m about to be out of this mess—just have to find…someone before I leave. Listen, stay where you are until I get there. I think things are about to come to a head with Sig—the thing I told you about. I’m sorry, but I’ll need to keep a close watch on you for a bit, which means I’m going to need you to accompany me to check on someone else, too. Is that okay, Landy? I wouldn’t ask this if it was not for your own protection, I promise.”

Landy was the reason that he’d been able to secure the CCTV tapes at the hospital, removing all evidence from the scene of his battle with Jace and Sigataph. Now, he was asking her for more sacrifice. Even so, he couldn’t let Sigataph overpower her host, and for some reason, a reason he didn’t understand, he was worried about another young lady who occupied a different spot in his thoughts.

“I don’t think you’ve met, but her name is Glaiza.”
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 01-31-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Blasted quotation marks

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Role: Vagrant

Their battle raged on as the two fighters gave everything they had in order to win.
    " Show me your techniques that you have created." Ozman said unleashing his full power, " If they can beat mine then I will teach you the final technique of your training."

" Ok then, My own techniques are not yet complete but I'll show you." Rod said as his dark energy began to surface, " Death Hand Secret Fist: Suzaku Sky Fist!!!"
    Rod unleashed a tornado that trails of fire running along it and it was heading straight for Ozman.

" Impressive, but its not good enough to beat me." Ozman said grabbing the tornado and holding it back, " Is this all your strength?"

" Seiryuu Death Crush!!!" Rod said as six pillars of dark energy emerged from the darkness of Rod's mind. The six pillars took the form of six shadow dragons that aimed for Ozman and made contact with their intended target.

" You've won, my student." Ozman said as his body started to fade away, " I give you this technique and acknowledge you as master Shaman now."
    He floated over to Rod and placed his hand on his head. He transferred his last technique into Rod's mind and faded away to the next world.
    " Remember, my son, I'll always watch over your progess as a man and a shaman." Ozman said, " Good luck on your journey and I'll always be with you."

" Thank you, Father." Rod said with a smile, " I know what I must do."

Zen noticed everyone was gone and decided to look around the complex. He continued walking until he saw Meril, Yorick, Chinatsu, and another man together talking about something.
    " What's going on?" Zen said walking over to the group, " Is it about Rod?"

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Role- Feral
    Status- Day
    Items- N/A

"Are you alright?" she asked as she heard his grunt of pain. She felt numb as he talked of needing to keep her with him at all times. She wanted to curl up and cry but she knew she couldn't. When Piers mentioned Glaiza, though, she could physically feel her chest constrict.

"Glaiza? What's wrong with Glaiza?" she squeaked. She clutched the phone closer to her face, desperate to hear any word her said about her. Glaiza was one of the few friends she had and she didn't want to lose her. "How did Glaiza get wrapped up in this?" she asked, trying her hardest to calm down.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yorick

" What's going on?" Zen said walking over to the group, " Is it about Rod?"

Yorick hadn’t noticed Zen’s entrance, probably because he was still worried over Karn’s response, along with a fact that had just dawned on him: what kind of medicine was Chinatsu taking? It would probably be best to ask her when others weren’t around.

“Well…um, yes, and no…” Yorick replied to Zen. “We’re kinda just wondering who’ll…supervise in our stead while we go and find the powder.”

Piers
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, list with notes on it and pen (both inside jacket)

"Are you alright?" she asked as she heard his grunt of pain.

“Oh, yeah…merely a flesh wound, as they say, heh. But don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine soon.” Cerise’s powers were extremely quick, though Piers knew that after she used them the affected parts of his body would have increased age on them. Even so, he hoped the increase would be negligible.

"Glaiza? What's wrong with Glaiza?" she squeaked. She clutched the phone closer to her face, desperate to hear any word her said about her. Glaiza was one of the few friends she had and she didn't want to lose her. "How did Glaiza get wrapped up in this?" she asked, trying her hardest to calm down.

Landy’s met Glaiza?! A myriad questions flooded into his mind as to how the two had met, but there was no time to vocalize any of that right now. A quick thought came to him, and his anxiousness was most likely evident in his voice.

“Landy, you’ve bailed me out before with the CCTV tape; perhaps you don’t know how important that was, but you really came through and got me out of a tough spot. I’m afraid I need you again. I'll explain why I'm worried abou ther soon, but for now...will you call Glaiza after you get off the phone with me and find out where she is? After I get you, I need to see her as well. I’ll call her when I’m en route to your place, but I’ve got to find—tie up a loose end here.”

Speaking so flippantly about the search for what he thought had been a girl trapped in the rubble felt callous to him, but he was beginning to doubt he had ever seen it in the first place, what with all that had transpired in the mansion. Even so, he wanted to be sure.

“Either way, having you two together would not only be efficient but would likely be the best prevention for—well, for any surprises.” Piers did not want to worry Landy over a possible appearance from Sigataph. No, all he needed to focus on was being there in case it happened or, ideally, having Landy master and subdue Sigataph before the nightmare manifested itself again.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 02-02-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Coloring, of all things; passing first grade was exceedingly difficult for me.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

"O... okay," she squeaked. "I'll do that. Um, Piers?" she said, trying her hardest to be calm. "Stay safe. Whatever it is your doing, be careful," she said before hanging up the phone. She shook as she stared at it for a moment before punching in Glaiza's number with shaking fingers. She was about to hit send but had to take a moment to hold in her sobs. She choked on them for a moment, swallowing them as best she could before hitting the button. She held her breath as the phone rang.

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: NA

GLAIZA'S POV

My phone is ringing.

I think that's the calmest thought I've had since I woke up.

Landy, I think as I see who was on the line, calling me. I really should get that.

Second calmest thought.

"Hello...?"

SEAN'S POV

Landy.

That's the girl from last night.

What the heck does she want?

Her nightmare not only ruined my life, she's bothering me and my host when I'm in the mood to brood about how I'm a quintessential joke.

She truly is the very form evil.

The kind that I don't like.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Role: Nightmare

" I'll go with one of you to get the powder." Zen said with a serious look on his face, " I'm the fastest and, that way, the other Guardian can stay here to look after him."
    Zen felt the dark energy coming from Rod's room and he knew it was a matter of time before he uses the full power of the Way of Deathhand.
    " Will it be you, Yorick, to come with me or you(referring to Karn)?"

OOC: I totally forgot about my other character so I'll bring him back

Items: Pirate Sword, Two Flint Pistols

After searching the area for some time Ace couldn't find the where the light came from.
    " I guess there's no point in looking any further." Ace pulling out his radio, " This is Captain Ace Whitefang reporting. I saw a flash of light that looked like a nightmare's power but I lost it so I'm returning to base."

Ace turned his ship around and headed back for Guardian HQ.....

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Lol, true Cross. Your posts look like rainbows.)

Cerise

While most of Cirocco was in the mansion investigating, Cerise kept a part of her Nightmare with her - enough to turn her right hand to bone. Of course, the skeleton horse was missing a rib. As she examined Piers' torn flesh, her bony hand passed over the places with more damage. When it left, the area was visibly whole. However, she did not do this for all his injuries, especially the ones she knew would be better left in the hands of real time.

“T—thanks?” he managed to say through a genuine grimace. “I—sorry about your questions, I just wanted to see if Landy was alright. I just recently discovered that she’s a feral, so you can imagine the stress she’s under.”

"A feral?" Cerise muttered under her breath. She was wholly concentrated on examining the extent of the injury to his arm. "Why didn't you take her in to Guardian HQ? We could have kept a close watch on her."

Wait - had Piers just apologized and spoken to her as a mature adult?

The realization made her halt for a moment, but she recovered herself and continued as if nothing had transpired.

“The nightmare I encountered here was of the canine ilk. He called himself the ‘Retriever’. I have reason to believe that I neutralized him when the rubble fell, but I also saw a young girl in the rubble as well; now, 'Mama' and Seda can’t find her.”

"The Retriever, hm… Did you see its Human and what he or she wanted? Did he want an object or a person, or constantly talk about something it lost?" Cerise laughed quietly when she realized she suddenly took on an investigative mode, "Nightmareology 101. Or I've been watching too much Criminal Minds. In any case, it is possible that the young girl could be the nightmare's human. You just 'neutralized' them both. Does this explanation sound reasonable?"

“I…well, my leads led me here. All of them. To this estate. I was looking for Madeleine, and by all indications I still have reason to believe that she is here. At least, I know that Jigsaw is as his name was dropped several times. Further, Skitters seems to be unresponsive. I think that about covers it.”

She faintly remembered the girl's name from the Gu.I.L.A. logs, a girl Piers found behind a wall? What with the various recent and overwhelming occurrences, she was ready to bet the entries have not yet been updated. "You know what bothers me? Why haven't the owners of this grand mansion stepped out and complained at us? Why haven't they said a word, or even sent out a single servant? Why are they letting us be? I don't like it at all. It's as if they're watching us. You know, I think I'll just courteously knock the door and - "

“And…thank you.” He blinked, and then blinked again. “I really mean it. Alright, I—had better hasten after you—that is, if you don’t mind—using your powers for me.”

He truly meant his thanks. Cerise stopped for a moment and was able to look at him straight in the eyes. Something told her he deserved more than just a 'you're welcome'.

"Piers, I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry for acting like a girl on a tantrum. I've been immature and it's been so difficult to… forgive." She paused, sighed and steeled herself to say her next words, "But that is what faith asks of us. With what's happened recently, I've realized there are more urgent and important things than personal issues. So for the sake of something and Someone we both love... please forgive me."

Completely humbled, but not at all embarrassed, Cerise let Piers talk on the phone as she looked away to repair the skeletal muscle tissues and the torn blood vessels in his leg.

"I'll avoid the insults and petty, childish fights from now on." She promised, "Can I ask that we work together like mature adults, as we must, for others' sake?"

“Landy, I fell into a bit of bad luck. But I’m about to be out of this mess—just have to find…someone before I leave. Listen, stay where you are until I get there. I think things are about to come to a head with Sig—the thing I told you about. I’m sorry, but I’ll need to keep a close watch on you for a bit, which means I’m going to need you to accompany me to check on someone else, too. Is that okay, Landy? I wouldn’t ask this if it was not for your own protection, I promise.”

"Get there?" Cerise repeated incredulously, stopping once again, "In the state you are in? There you go again being the hero even when you're at your limit. I do hope you've realized you have a broken arm, a mangled leg and Skitters is, as you say, unresponsive. You're horribly vulnerable and defenseless, Piers, and my healing can only go so far. What on earth makes you think I'll let a terribly injured Guardian, who looks like one hit could kill him, roaming around town alone? You had better give me numerous irrefutable reasons on why I should let you go, or I'll have no choice but to knock you out and carry you to HQ."

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yorick

OOC: Valk…Man, I totally forgot to respond to your post. I’ve gone through all the ways I allowed this oversight to happen, and I think I’ve nailed it down to deleting some text from Word where I edit my posts. Or perhaps I never pasted yours to begin with and thus didn’t respond to it. Please forgive the oversight, and for stalling you in effect.

"Always the ladies man eh?" He whispered. Karn sighed and took three deep breaths. As he did Gray entered his body.

Okay…either he’s about to explode or else the ladies really have turned the tables on his anger. Oh boy, I hope I’m right.

"Fine. I will help you." He visibly relaxed. "But you have to listen to me ok? Tell me where you need to go. Tell to exactly where you need to go." He opened one eye to look at the girl. His expression was strict, but in a kind teacher kinda way. "Exactly where.”

It took Yorick more than a second to realize that Karn was offering his assistance.

“Y—You mean you’re going to—oh man! Yeah! Of course, we know exactly where it is, the ghost man told us.” Yorick had spoken too fast and hoped that Rod, who was in the medical examination room nearby, hadn’t heard his remark. After all, having your father figure called a “ghost man” was likely less than flattering, though Yorick meant nothing by it.

“It’s where the southern clock tower used to stand, Karn. Rod, the boy in there, buried the body, and that’s where we’ll find the powder. So…what do you suggest we do first?”

A crackle from the Guardian radio notified them that a transmission was about to come through. It was Ace, and he was returning to HQ. “Well, Karn,” Yorick said, trying his best to be helpful, “That brings us up to three available Guardians, so…what do you think we should do first?” Deferring to Karn’s authority was more than natural to Yorick, and he was finally able to relax now that some of the responsibility was lessoned in the presence of an experienced Guardian like Karn—even if he could be intimidating at times.
    Piers

The healing was completed quickly, allowed Piers to feel better than he had felt for quite some time. He took a deep breath of relief and almost smiled.

Piers said a quick, silent prayer for Landy as he heard her hang up. She had been of more help than she realized, that much was clear, but Piers was beginning to worry about the safety of his friend.

"A feral?" Cerise muttered under her breath. She was wholly concentrated on examining the extent of the injury to his arm. "Why didn't you take her in to Guardian HQ? We could have kept a close watch on her.”

Cerise was right, and she deserved an explanation. After blinking slowly, he began to speak while maintaining eye contact with her. “You’re right. Absolutely right.” Dropping his gaze to a spot to the right and behind Cerise, he continued his explanation. “I’ve only recently found out that she was a Feral. I met Sigataph in person, bore the brunt of a few of her attacks, and I saw Landy’s sketchbook as well. No doubt about it—she’s a Feral. Problem is, Sigataph threatened to lash out if she saw me again, and I was worried about Landy so I kept my distance until I went on the search for Madeleine. But I’ve no more time to spare—it sounds like Sigataph could manifest at any time.” He breathed in again, then admitted, “You’re right, though, Cerise—you would’ve done the right thing, but it seems like I’ve botched this one. And when a friend’s safety is involved, no less.”

"The Retriever, hm… Did you see its Human and what he or she wanted? Did he want an object or a person, or constantly talk about something it lost?"

That made sense. Perfect sense, actually. Cerise was not just handy for the support she provided in investigations, but for her sharp insight into matters just like this one. Piers was equally impressed and dismayed that he had not traced the connotations behind the Retriever’s name. “That seems completely plausible to me, Cerise. All I heard him mention was that he was after Jigsaw, however. And that is where this stops making sense, I suppose—for why would a nightmare hunt a nightmare on its own volition?”

Cerise laughed quietly when she realized she suddenly took on an investigative mode, "Nightmareology 101. Or I've been watching too much Criminal Minds. In any case, it is possible that the young girl could be the nightmare's human. You just 'neutralized' them both. Does this explanation sound reasonable?”

Piers closed his eyes and shook his head. The feelings of remorse that the logical discourse was helping to assuage were coming back in force. “I pray that’s not the case. There were illusions in that mansion. I saw Glaiza, all of you, and my mo—there were a lot of things I saw. So I’m hardly sure of what to believe, but I know that I didn’t see the illusions after the collapse, and yet I saw the girl’s arm. So I’m thinking that she was real, but how does that explain her disappearance?”

"You know what bothers me? Why haven't the owners of this grand mansion stepped out and complained at us? Why haven't they said a word, or even sent out a single servant? Why are they letting us be? I don't like it at all. It's as if they're watching us. You know, I think I'll just courteously knock the door and –

Another factor that Piers had been oblivious to. Cerise was good. Very good. “Valid point, Cerise. And to tell you the truth, ever since I spent the night here I’ve been behaving as if I was being watched. Well, until the altercation with the Retriever—then, I was just fighting for my life.”

"Piers, I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry for acting like a girl on a tantrum. I've been immature and it's been so difficult to… forgive." She paused, sighed and steeled herself to say her next words, "But that is what faith asks of us. With what's happened recently, I've realized there are more urgent and important things than personal issues. So for the sake of something and Someone we both love... please forgive me.”

There it was. And shouldn’t that make it all the easier for him to say, “I do, and please forgive me as well”? Then why were the words so hard in coming? Human nature being what it is, Piers swallowed his pride and said what he meant. “Cerise—I do. And I ask that you forgive me, too.” He wanted to say more. He should have said more. He would say more. “Someone—yeah. Anything for Him.”

"I'll avoid the insults and petty, childish fights from now on." She promised, "Can I ask that we work together like mature adults, as we must, for others' sake?

Shaking his head he replied, “I don’t see the logic in working against one another, which is what division ultimately leads to. Like I’ve just observed, I’m lacking in your insight. So yes…we need to work together.”

Unfortunately, Cerise had heard his talk with Landy and she was less than delighted at his choice to move on again so quickly. Yet Piers knew that staying at this scene would do him no good. His emotions were getting in the way, and if he actually made the discovery that he had hurt an innocent young girl, he’d be effectively out of working order for some time, and he felt that the safety of two other individuals was also at stake in the matter.

"Get there?" Cerise repeated incredulously, stopping once again, "In the state you are in? There you go again being the hero even when you're at your limit. I do hope you've realized you have a broken arm, a mangled leg and Skitters is, as you say, unresponsive. You're horribly vulnerable and defenseless, Piers, and my healing can only go so far. What on earth makes you think I'll let a terribly injured Guardian, who looks like one hit could kill him, roaming around town alone? You had better give me numerous irrefutable reasons on why I should let you go, or I'll have no choice but to knock you out and carry you to HQ.”

With a bit of effort he stood up and stretched. Slowly, at first, then faster. Pain was still present, but only in a few places. “Cerise, you’ve done it—I thank you more than you realize. And I know—I know that my track record is less than spotless when it comes to rushing off. So this time I’m not asking you to trust me, and I’m not going to tell you that everything’s okay.” Was he really saying all this? It was coming out more easily than he thought it would, perhaps since he felt what he meant just as much as he spoke what he meant.

“But the best I know how, I’m going to get Landy and Glaiza and return to HQ on the fly, barring any unforeseen contingencies.” He looked directly at her, a bit worried at her response, but continued nevertheless. “I know it’s not the most comforting discourse I could offer, but I do mean it. You don’t have to trust me, but I do need you to believe me.” He wouldn’t make the same mistake. Not twice.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy's heartbeat quickened when she heard Glaiza answer. "Glaiza? Where are you? I was just talking to Piers and he said you might be in trouble but he couldn't find you and he needed us to be together and he wasn't sure... and he's hurt but... I don't know whats going on. Where are you?" she said, choking out the ramble into between fresh sobs. Once she had gotten control of herself yet again, she spoke again. "Where are you?" she whispered.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Je dois arreter de RP avec tu, Cross, tu est trop populaire. Hahaha!)

Cerise

"Piers, don't tell me what I would have done. I could have killed her." Cerise would prioritize the many innocents in the residential area who have no inkling they were living right next to a dangerous monster. Well, she laughed inwardly, who was she to compare? "So we have a Feral case on our hands. Her Nightmare not only knows you and attacked you, but has also threatened to lash out the next time it sees you."

“That seems completely plausible to me, Cerise. All I heard him mention was that he was after Jigsaw, however. And that is where this stops making sense, I suppose—for why would a nightmare hunt a nightmare on its own volition?”

"A Nightmare in search of a Nightmare. We can't make a guess why until we know how much control the Nightmares have compared to their Persons. But I remember you mentioning Jigsaw a number of times in the Gu.I.L.A., and this Nightmare is connected to a girl named Madeleine. What is it that puts Jigsaw apart from all the other Nightmares that this Retriever is hunting it down?" Her thoughts seemed to go in circles, like the circles she formed wrapping his arm in a white bandage. They don't really lead anywhere and might even confuse them. Just the musings of someone who knows nothing about what is truly happening.

“I pray that’s not the case. There were illusions in that mansion. I saw Glaiza, all of you, and my mo—there were a lot of things I saw. So I’m hardly sure of what to believe, but I know that I didn’t see the illusions after the collapse, and yet I saw the girl’s arm. So I’m thinking that she was real, but how does that explain her disappearance?”

"Remember Piers, in the world we live in, all Nightmares are terribly, terribly believable. So you thought you saw a girl's arm, but she disappeared right after?" She pondered on this for a moment, "Either she was Human and escaped you, or she was a Nightmare and disappeared before you. The latter seems more plausible to me."

He did not complete the list, but the fact that he mentioned a name first, and one he has been repeating the past few minutes, piqued her interest, "Who is this Glaiza?"

“Valid point, Cerise. And to tell you the truth, ever since I spent the night here I’ve been behaving as if I was being watched. Well, until the altercation with the Retriever—then, I was just fighting for my life.”

She hoped Cirocco was not in any kind of trouble, she might follow her Nightmare into the mansion soon, "I'll ask the techies for information on this mansion and its owner. Rostov… I think it's a Russian sunflower, or a city. Am I right?"

“Cerise—I do. And I ask that you forgive me, too. Someone—yeah. Anything for Him.”

Cerise gave him an unfathomable look of solemnity and gratitude, "I forgive you. I wish I had earlier."

She then finished wrapping his leg in bandage. Piers stood up and stretched. Cerise stepped out of the car, watching him closely and half expecting Piers to collapse on the pavement. Her hand lost its flesh gradually, working its way up her forearm, so that half of her radius and ulna were visible.

"Oh, I believe your every word. You never were much of a liar, Piers. As I understand, you're about to meet a Feral's Nightmare who is about to lash out at you? Well then, I'll let you go meet your Feral friends on one condition." Cerise crossed her arms and smirked like a victor who knew she would win even before the fight begins.

"Manifest Skitters and prove to me you can defend yourself."

The winds picked up.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-06-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Merci, Benjamine

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Karn
    Role: Guardian (?)
    Items: Guardian radio

Karn closed both eyes and relaxed himself again. He listen to each of them in turn as they began to speak, giving them his full concentration. It was a mix of good news and other. He could deal with it. He had too. He opened his eyes and looked at Yorick, a very scared and nervous Yorick, and gave him a feint smile. He glanced around at the small gathering they had put together all of a sudden and spoke up. Command entered his voice.
    "Ok then. Lets do this properly." He looked up. "Yorick your staying here." He turned to him. "No questions asked. I want you here for when Ace comes. Chinatsu is not in the best condition to be going out again so quickly. You stay with her for now." He hope Yorick would use that time properly. He turned to Meril. "Miss Meril was it? I also want you here. If your as close to this other Vagrant as I guess then you will be best by his side. You can also help Yorick know how to deal with anything that comes up." He turned to the Nightmare finally. It made him sudder. "You. If your as fast as you claim to be your coming with me." Karn looked back at everyone. "As for the other problems we seem to have they will be put aside for this. If it is as important as you say. Is everyone clear on this?"

Karn pulled his wheelchair back and moved a bit to a clearer area in the room.
    "Mr Nightmare. We are travelling now and using the express route. Ready yourself" Karn allowed himself a smile that rose up one side of his face. It felt good to be useful again. He took a deep breath and began.

Sync: 50%

Mist seeped out of Karns' skin. It clung to his body as it began to wrap itself around him. He stood slowly as it began to take a more solid form. He could feel strength in his numb legs. However Gray was not the same as always. Gone was Grays' normal medieval style. Gone was the idea of a suit of armour. Instead his form began to manifest as a more human form. It matched Karn rather then just covered him. It wasn't fully human, as a long tail flowed out and the face mask became quite lizard like. But it bonded his Karn stronger then before.
    Gray had a new form. [Image here]
    Karn finally exhaled as Gray finished. He wasn't fully awear of his new appearance but could feel the difference. As he spoke his voice became like an echo.
    "So this is what syncing feelings like." He said absent mindlessly. Joy in his voice. He laughed. A real laugh. He could sync. He could really sync. Something he had never done before. He thanked Gray and could feel his Nightmare nod in approval.

But he had business to do first. A blade slid from the top of his hand. Forming into a full blade but with an outward curve.
    "Yorick." He suddenly spoke up. "Do you know what came to me before?" He continued to talk. "Gray has the ability to cut anything no matter what. At first I only though about cutting defences. maybe it was because I wasn't powerful enough to do anything else. But now." He clenched his fist. "But now it's different. And if it can cut anything why not things that we normally wouldn't think of." He raised the sword arm. "Like distance and space."
    Karn slashed down qucikly. A burst of information spun through his mind, as both his and Grays thoughts combined to calculate what was needed. A cut opened in the space. It began to widen and a strange smell escaped it. But as you looked through the hole there was the south clocktower. He had done it. It had worked. He had no idea how but it had worked. It was in moments like thbis that reminded him that he was a high ranking guardian and not the failure he felt inside. He saw something out the edge of his eyes. The ends of the hole begin to move as if it fought to close itself. Karn then felt the pressure. It was Gray and him that held it open.
    "Quick." He suddenly shouted to the nightmare. "Get through the gap now. After your though I'll come through and it will close itself. We get what it is we need and then I'll open a new one back. Now move it!" He could feel the pressure increase as the world rejected the gap. He focussed to keep it open. He had not time to explain it all he just need the Nightmare to move.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Stiletto View Post
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy's heartbeat quickened when she heard Glaiza answer. "Glaiza? Where are you? I was just talking to Piers and he said you might be in trouble but he couldn't find you and he needed us to be together and he wasn't sure... and he's hurt but... I don't know whats going on. Where are you?" she said, choking out the ramble into between fresh sobs. Once she had gotten control of herself yet again, she spoke again. "Where are you?" she whispered.
    Items: None

GLAIZA'S POV

Why is Landy crying?

And Piers is looking for me?

For a moment, I forget just a little bit about the pain, because let's be honest here, who can ever forget the pain that I'm feeling at the moment? But I push it to the back of my mind, and think about what Landy is saying.

"I... don't know where I am. I've done that whole waking up in an unknown apartment thing that I did to you before. Hahaha, how stupid" I say, laughing, or at least trying to laugh without moving much of my facial muscles to avoid increasing the stinging pain, "I wish I knew where I was,"

"Piers' apartment," said the sullen voice in my head.

So finally, you decide to make an appearcance., I say a little pissed off at Sean for only saying something now, amidst all of the pain that I'm going through. But then it sinks in... I'm in Piers' apartment.

I'm in Piers' apartment.

I was inside Piers, my boyfriend... I think?... inside his apartment?

"I think I'm at Piers' place." I blurt out, without explanation to Landy.

SEAN'S POV

Blurgh.

Yes, there would be no witty retort from me.

I am so not in the mood.

Deal with it.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    ---

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Now Landy was really confused. Why would Piers have asked her to check on Glaiza if she was already at his apartment? Did he not know she was there? "Glaiza, does Piers know your there? Because he sounded really worried about you and I don't think he would be if he knew where you were. Maybe I should call him back and tell him..." she thought as she heard a scratching on the door. Clutching the phone to her face, she crawled from her kitchen to the door, where she slowly unlocked the knob and opened the door. Miss Noir sat there looking nervous, worried and scared. The moment she opened the door enough, she dodged in, rubbing against Landy's legs with vigor as she meowed loudly.

"Miss Noir!" she shouted scooping the fluffy cat up in one arm and cuddling her to her chest. In all the excitement, she almost dropped the phone. Somehow, the cat made her feel more confident, safer. "Where have you been?" she whispered into her fur. Her leash was still attatched and she didn't seem to be injured, but Landy was as shaken by this. What had happened. "Glaiza, I'm going to come over. Text me the directions to Piers' apartment. I'll be there soon," she said, hanging up the phone. She would call and tell Piers on the way.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Role: Nightmare

Zen nodded and quickly jumped through the gap. He saw the area where Rod buried Ozman and sighed, he didn't want to disturb his resting place but he had no choice.
    " Forgive me master for what I'm about to do." Zen said digging up Ozman's body, " I don't believe it......Is this true?"
    Zen had discovered something unbelievable, Ozman wasn't there anymore but a small bag was left in the hole along with Ozman's treasured pendant.
    " I've got the bag and a pendant that was left but my host's master is not there anymore." Zen said, " What happened here that I didn't know about?"

Items: Pirate Sword, Two Flint Pistols

Ace made it back to HQ and noticed that something was off about the place. He felt a dark energy filling the area and he followed the energy to a room wher a boy was held.
    " Who is this boy and why is he here?" Ace said to himself as a tech walked in, " Who is this boy?"

" This is the one that Yorick brought in with another girl." The tech said, " They're outside the room talking right now."

" Thanks for the tip." Ace said as he walked out of the room, " Yorick, its been a while since I last saw you my friend. Oh, well hello there. Who might you be(referring to Meril)?"

Ace started to get an uneasy feeling about the boy in the room and it was really bothering him.
    " That boy in there is giving me really bad vibes." Ace said looking at the door to the room he was in, " I feel a dark energy coming from him."

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yorick

OOC: Valk, I’m going to assume that Karn has entered the gap before Ace arrives. If you want me to change this and have Karn see Ace, then I will gladly edit.

"Ok then. Lets do this properly." He looked up. "Yorick your staying here." He turned to him. "No questions asked. I want you here for when Ace comes. Chinatsu is not in the best condition to be going out again so quickly. You stay with her for now."

Yorick saluted, a little too adamantly, and stood as straight as a plank upon hearing Karn’s command. “Yes, Sir! I’ll be here when Ace arrives and give him a full account of what’s up, sir!” Truthfully, Yorick felt needed and proud at the moment, and it was a pretty good opportunity for him to display his usefulness to the Guardians in front of Chinatsu. When Karn began to sync, however, his posture dropped slightly from one of astute attention to one of sheer awe.

Man, Chain—we gotta learn something like that…I mean, we already sync, but wow…

"So this is what syncing feelings like." He said absent mindlessly. Joy in his voice. He laughed. A real laugh.

Karn seemed…cheerful. Actually cheerful. Sure, Yorick had seen him happy plenty of times before, but only on rare occasions had he seen him this excited.

A blade slid from the top of his hand. Forming into a full blade but with an outward curve.
    "Yorick." He suddenly spoke up. "Do you know what came to me before?"

Not knowing what he was referring to and certainly not hoping to appear uninformed, Yorick simply remained silent and awaited his answer.

"Gray has the ability to cut anything no matter what. At first I only though about cutting defences. maybe it was because I wasn't powerful enough to do anything else. But now." He clenched his fist. "But now it's different. And if it can cut anything why not things that we normally wouldn't think of." He raised the sword arm. "Like distance and space."

“What? You mean you can—₺

Yorick’s question was preemptively answered by a move from Karn that was as impressive as it was implausible. The fissure that appeared in front of them looked as if it came straight out of a science fiction novel, yet Yorick was staring at it with his own eyes.

Wow, that thing looks scary…I think it’s a good thing I’m staying behind. Seeing Karn’s sync was impressive, but this was another level of skill altogether. Seeing both of them enter and disappear so quickly left him dazzled, but Ace’s entrance soon thereafter left him no time to ponder what had just occurred.

" Yorick, its been a while since I last saw you my friend. Oh, well hello there. Who might you be(referring to Meril)?"

Yorick turned around to see Ace himself standing behind him. “Now there’s a voice I haven’t heard in a while!” He extended an open hand towards Ace. “Ace, the savviest pirate this side of the 18th Century, in the flesh! And what have you been up to?”

Ace started to get an uneasy feeling about the boy in the room and it was really bothering him.
    " That boy in there is giving me really bad vibes." Ace said looking at the door to the room he was in, " I feel a dark energy coming from him."

Yorick laughed, though somewhat nervously. After all, the apparition had said that things could take a turn for the worse if the powder wasn’t located.

“Heh, yeah—that’s one way to describe it. He has powers even without his nightmare’s help, it seems. He’s a Vagrant, but his nightmare has been more than helpful as of late, actually. His name’s Rod. And this,” he said, pointing at Chinatsu, “is the lovely Chinatsu, hottie Watcher extraordinaire.” As Ace had asked the name of Meril directly, Yorick decided to let Meril introduce herself.

Piers

"So we have a Feral case on our hands. Her Nightmare not only knows you and attacked you, but has also threatened to lash out the next time it sees you."

Piers was beginning to feel much better. Belone had numbed the pain and Cerise’s healing was restoring his mobility. The way she changed before his eyes would likely frighten others, but it was something he had seen many times before. “Exactly,” Piers answered, catching a glimpse of where Cerise might be going with her conversation. Having Piers see Landy again had all the potential of sparking another manifestation from Sigataph.

"A Nightmare in search of a Nightmare. We can't make a guess why until we know how much control the Nightmares have compared to their Persons. But I remember you mentioning Jigsaw a number of times in the Gu.I.L.A., and this Nightmare is connected to a girl named Madeleine. What is it that puts Jigsaw apart from all the other Nightmares that this Retriever is hunting it down?"

Piers looked down for an instant, pondering the same question that he had first asked himself after his initial encounter with Jigsaw. “Valid question. I honestly can’t say why the Retriever is after him. All I know is that Jigsaw seems to be quite neutral towards the Guardians. After all, Jigsaw didn’t directly attack me when I was in the house of Madeleine’s aunt and uncle, and he certainly had the chance to do so. Further, Jigsaw is rather fond of leaving clues around town. So…I just don’t know. If Jigsaw wanted to lead me here, it only begs more questions…”

"Remember Piers, in the world we live in, all Nightmares are terribly, terribly believable. So you thought you saw a girl's arm, but she disappeared right after?" She pondered on this for a moment, "Either she was Human and escaped you, or she was a Nightmare and disappeared before you. The latter seems more plausible to me."

Piers blinked quickly a few times. This was good news to him, as both scenarios were void of any accidental human casualties, much less the death of an innocent girl. “True, true…I really hope you’re right. And I see the logic in it…”

"Who is this Glaiza?"

That was quite the loaded question. Piers had the answer—yet he didn’t. It was more than just saying that Glaiza was a “love interest.” Those words did not contain the full range of feelings Piers had for her. Before he knew how to verbalize his feelings he found himself saying, “A girl unfortunate enough to be interested in me—me, of all people, who’s fortunate enough to have her interest in the first place.” Though that, too, did not sum it up, it certainly did a much better job than just muttering “girlfriend,” “love interest,” or “significant other.”

"I'll ask the techies for information on this mansion and its owner. Rostov… I think it's a Russian sunflower, or a city. Am I right?"

His mind now brought back to deduction, he thought for a moment and then replied, “I’m not sure, actually—though you’re likely on the right track with the Russian element. The ‘-ov’ suffix is surely Slavic. But even more intriguing is the owner himself, Mr. Goldmine...trust me, it's not an overestimation to state that he truly has capabilities that are to be reckoned with. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's monitoring us all right now. Even so...he didn't seem to be too concerned with a direct confrontation with me. I can't say what his ends are.”

"I forgive you. I wish I had earlier."

“Then…that makes two of us.” It was said with all sincerity. Almost as if the words themselves had brought forth a remedy of sorts, he felt much better both physically and mentally.

"Oh, I believe your every word. You never were much of a liar, Piers. As I understand, you're about to meet a Feral's Nightmare who is about to lash out at you? Well then, I'll let you go meet your Feral friends on one condition." Cerise crossed her arms and smirked like a victor who knew she would win even before the fight begins.

Piers knew that look, and was sure that a skilled and well-constructed ultimatum was about to follow.

"Manifest Skitters and prove to me you can defend yourself."

Yep. That was a problem, and he should have seen it coming. Skitters was completely unresponsive and his presence even felt slightly amiss to Piers. What would he do? He would have to bank on an honest appeal, and hope for the best.

“I—he’s unresponsive at the moment, likely because of the fight. I think it’s highly probable that he’ll be at least ready to perform some maneuvers, if not direct attacks, by the time I see Landy.” Cerise had him, and he knew it. The last card in his hand was an attempt at persuasion. “Besides, it won’t just be me confronting Sigataph this time—I’m getting Landy ready to subdue Sigataph once and for all. That will be more important than bringing Skitters out and risking Sigataph burning down everything around us. Who knows? Maybe Skitters’s absence will be a benefit this time—not to say he didn’t bail me out last time. That’s my guess, at least.” He looked down, but quickly looked back up at Cerise. “I think we have to hurry, Cerise. What do you say?”
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 02-07-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Purging ambiguity

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Stiletto View Post
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Now Landy was really confused. Why would Piers have asked her to check on Glaiza if she was already at his apartment? Did he not know she was there? "Glaiza, does Piers know your there? Because he sounded really worried about you and I don't think he would be if he knew where you were. Maybe I should call him back and tell him..." she thought as she heard a scratching on the door. Clutching the phone to her face, she crawled from her kitchen to the door, where she slowly unlocked the knob and opened the door. Miss Noir sat there looking nervous, worried and scared. The moment she opened the door enough, she dodged in, rubbing against Landy's legs with vigor as she meowed loudly.

"Miss Noir!" she shouted scooping the fluffy cat up in one arm and cuddling her to her chest. In all the excitement, she almost dropped the phone. Somehow, the cat made her feel more confident, safer. "Where have you been?" she whispered into her fur. Her leash was still attatched and she didn't seem to be injured, but Landy was as shaken by this. What had happened. "Glaiza, I'm going to come over. Text me the directions to Piers' apartment. I'll be there soon," she said, hanging up the phone. She would call and tell Piers on the way.
    Items: None

GLAIZA'S POV

It was a good thing that Landy didn't wait for me to answer all of the questions that she just asked, because honestly, I would actually have no answer to give her. I don't know how I got here, I don't know how to get here, and I wish I knew what I was doing here.

But mostly I wish I knew why everything hurt like this.

The only person who knew decided that he wasn't in the mood for a witty repertoire. He always does this. He doesn't shut up when I need to think, but when I need him to tell me what in the world is going on? He decides to go on brood moody town.

At least I know where I am.

I'm at Piers apartment, and apparently he's looking for me.

It took great pains from my fingertips but I managed to send two messages.

"I dnt noe how to get here, or how I evn got here. Sori 4 being useles" to Landy

"Landy sed u wer looking 4 me? Apparently I'm at ur place. Dnt noe how I got hir tho." to Piers.

I didn't want him to see me like... like this, and pretty soon he'll realize that I'm not exactly a normal girl with a normal life. He'll realize that I have a nightmare. Texting him like this, and then him seeing me like this... It's not the best idea ever.

But I never said this was a good idea.

I just needed to see him.

SEAN'S POV

Idiot girl.

You don't even know what you are, don't you?
    ---
    ---

---
    ---

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Theo/Aiden

Location- Residential area / to Landy's apartment
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

It was a very pleasant yet strong, beckoning scent.

Navigating through the residential area with a motorbike too large for his thin frame, a young child suddenly stopped in front of one apartment building. Theo closed his eyes and sniffed the air, like a bloodhound would when sensing where the shot deer would be.

It was so powerful, so compelling, so irresistible.

His destination would have to wait. He got off the bike, pocketing the key into Aiden's pants. A guard was checking things off of his log book at the entrance. Theo walked behind the apartment building and looked up at the other closest point of entry - a window two floors up. He leapt and landed within without a sound.

It gripped his very being, like that of an abandoned child crying for his mother at night. He wanted it. He longed for it. He desired it.

He found the stair case and, not knowing which floor, ascended up the stairs. When the scent intensified, he stopped and stood in the hallway. Theo closed his eyes again to better sense where.

The air tasted like love.

There. On the left.

The young child knocked on the door, a hungry Cheshire grin on his face.

--
    Cerise

The winds died down.

She first spoke with a disbelieving tone, "You were hoping that, at the exact point that Nightmare has your life in its hands, either the Nightmare's Human or Skitters will come out and save you? And now, since you've finally realized you can't defend yourself alone, much less people under your care, you suggest we go together?"

Then Cerise laughed, hugging her stomach. "I can't believe you were actually trying to get yourself killed! This girl Glaiza... if she can put up with your crazy antics, I'd congratulate her and say she's a thousand times more resilient than I ever could be!"

She laughed for quite some time. She wiped a tear from her eye when she finally stopped and collected herself.

"I'll just leave the decision up to you again. It also depends on how many Guardians you think you need to defend yourself against this Nightmare. Cirocco and Mama are still investigating within. Like you said, I wouldn't want to leave without the assurance you didn't kill anyone."

She said the harsh word casually. Cerise was a little too used to it.

"Well, Seda," She turned to the Guardian in the car. The reason behind the exchange between them must have flown over her head, "I believe you'd be able to think clearer than this reckless Cheshire Ubermensch, considering the state he is in. What do you think we should do?"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 02-12-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Bloodhounds don't hunt ducks, lol...

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

She first spoke with a disbelieving tone, "You were hoping that, at the exact point that Nightmare has your life in its hands, either the Nightmare's Human or Skitters will come out and save you? And now, since you've finally realized you can't defend yourself alone, much less people under your care, you suggest we go together?"

“Well, that’s the nuts and bolts version of what I propose, but…well, yes. That’s pretty much it, actually.” Cerise had done a good job of showing him the relative absurdity of his plan, but if she went with him the risk would be greatly diminished.

"I'll just leave the decision up to you again. It also depends on how many Guardians you think you need to defend yourself against this Nightmare. Cirocco and Mama are still investigating within. Like you said, I wouldn't want to leave without the assurance you didn't kill anyone."

She was making a good point. What, then, should he do? If they were looking for someone that wasn’t there, weren’t they just wasting time? Were they just allowing Goldmine to further monitor them and plan a move? While he was thinking he heard Cerise talking to Seda for just a second before he saw that a text message had arrived on his phone. His knees felt the disarming sensation of weakness as soon as he saw who had sent the message. It was Glaiza, and she was at his apartment. Without wondering why she was there or how she got in, he merely texted back as quickly as possible, “Im coming soon. R u ok?” He had no reason, yet, to suspect that anything major was wrong, but he couldn’t help but ask. There was so much more to ask, but he needed to see her face to face, for more than just a Q&A session.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 02-14-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Slight addition of text

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information