AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38 78 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy was repulsed by Hyrez as he pulled out his fancy handkerchief and wiped her face. She had never even been near anything so ridiculous in her whole life. She wanted to throw up when he took her hand and feigned as if to kiss it. She wanted to punch him when he was condesending to Piers, who was still broken far down on the beach. Everything about this man left a bad taste in her mouth and she wished she could kick him and run away. All his talk about taking care of her fell on dead ears. She had officially tuned out the world. "Whatever," she mumbled curtly as she stared at the ground to the side of her feet. She wished they would just go ahead and kill her.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

(@Cross : Using my own quotes against me? Haha! Aww… I even had her final dying scene all planned out, just in case you chose to. Oh well.
    @CoC: Still waiting for Sab before I post for Thomasai. )

Yorick
    Role: Guardian
    Items: N/A

“Oh yeah?” Yorick replied savagely, “Well, if you’re death, you’re nothing without life! You need to go get one!”

In his mind, he felt Chain face-palm and groan. The moment Chinatsu’s makeshift weapon made contact with Thanatos, Chain turned into a sickle and, well, chain. As if on cue, Yorick threw her in the general direction of the monster. Though he would have missed by a mile, his Nightmare moved with a mind of its own and wrapped around him – or rather, it.

“Chinatsu!” Yorick ran towards Chinatsu and took her wrist. He pulled her behind him, so that he was between her and Thanatos.

“I have a feeling you can use your Watcher powers and break through this illusion. Only you can. Get me? Ask the guy surviving in our heads. He probably knows what to do. Leave the physical attacks to me. I can handle this.”

He gave her his Guardian Radio.

“Here, call for back-up. Ace, Cerise, Duo, Harue, Karn, Piers, Seda, everyone you know. Tell them Yorick is a little busy at the moment and the HQ is under Vagrant attack. So they better get their behinds here if they want to have a place to sleep in tonight!”

Marianna
    Role: NPC (Mansion Servant)
    Items: Truck keys

Marianna sighed deeply. She stood up and dusted the sand off her skirt.

“You are not weak, Sir Cross, truth be spoken. You are an honest and honorable man, and there are precious few of you in the world. Look at that gaping hole in your chest, and you will understand why.”

Slinging his arm over her shoulders, Marianna easily pulled him up to his feet with surprising physical strength.

“When you are a Hunter of Nightmares, you kill or you die. If you cannot kill to save yourself, then die and get out of the way of those who can. Real life is a bad dream. The monsters win.”

A trail of footprints rose behind them as she dragged him towards Master Thomasai. His added weight did not affect her effortless languid pace at all.

“You have been unkind to me for refusing to wake me up from this insufferable slumber.” His blood stained her clothes, but she paid it no mind. “To repay your cruelty, I will do you the unkindness of giving you what you want – to be brought to where you think you must be, where you could be killed.

"But first, let me share with you a secret."

She unceremoniously dropped him at their feet. Once again kneeling before him, she reached out with a hand covered in his blood, and smeared a thick red line on one cheek.

She smiled.

“The Hunters are the real nightmares, Sir Cross. War makes Nightmares of us all.”

She got up and drifted away to find a towel for her hands and clothes, barely managing to stifle a yawn.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

@Solsaiden Hel : It seemed like a good idea, lol. Masterful handling of your characters, btw; it’s been a true joy to read.

Piers
    Sync: 100%

Marianna pulled him to Goldmine with ease, but for some reason Piers never suspected that malice or ill will was behind her actions, and he did not struggle at all.

“You have been unkind to me for refusing to wake me up from this insufferable slumber.” His blood stained her clothes, but she paid it no mind. “To repay your cruelty, I will do you the unkindness of giving you what you want – to be brought to where you think you must be, where you could be killed.

"But first, let me share with you a secret."

She unceremoniously dropped him at their feet. Once again kneeling before him, she reached out with a hand covered in his blood, and smeared a thick red line on one cheek.

She smiled.

“The Hunters are the real nightmares, Sir Cross. War makes Nightmares of us all.”

Perhaps he was foolish to let down his guard, but only when he fell at Goldmine’s feet was he fearful. For all intents and purposes he was nigh helpless. He was confused by Marianna’s words. What did she mean by ‘her insufferable slumber’? Was she a prisoner of Goldmine’s? Was she being forced to do this? Why was she so jaded in her opinion of Guardians? Piers looked with concern at her as she walked away so indifferently.

it was time for him to make an uneasy decision—or at least to prepare for one. He began to speak to his nightmare as they shared one mind in their synced form.

Jitters. You’ll almost certainly have to desync shortly. I’m doing nothing but hindering your ability, and we aren’t formidable like this.

A brief pause followed before his voice, a voice that still reminded Piers of Skitters, was heard.

You’re likely to bleed to death right here. The sync is keeping your wound from bleeding as profusely. It’s not as if I care. Perhaps your beloved Skitters would have, but I simply care about what happens to me if you expire.

Piers ignored the abrasive tone and replied, If you neutralize the threat in time, I’ll have plenty of time to get the medical attention I need. Your survival, then, seems to be in your hands. I suggest you give it your all if we have to act soon.

Piers began to pick himself up from being sprawled in front of Goldmine but felt that standing would be too painful. He knelt in front of Goldmine, staring up at him, and began to wait. He wanted to speak, he wanted to act, but a rash action would be inexcusable in his current situation.

Landy was so close now as she was in front of Goldmine. Piers looked at her, pleased that she didn’t seem as frightened as he would have thought. Marianna had said that she had the “Vortex” that Goldmine wanted. What did that mean?

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy gasped a bit when the woman suddenly dropped Piers in front of her and Hyrez. To see the gaping wound so close made her feel a little sick. How was he even still alive? Without a second thought, she flung herself to her knees in front of him, trying to get him to lay down. "Dr. Piers, if you sit up, you'll lose more blood! Please lay down, please!" she said, her voice a harsh whisper as tears once again sprung from her eyes. She could see the pain he was trying to hard to mask, and it hurt her too. She just wanted to take it all away. She clutched his hand in one of hers and used her other to slowly ease him back unto the ground. She examined the hole in his chest and grimaced again. She wanted to fix it, to make it better but she couldn't. She was going to be taken away any minute now but these strange people but all she wanted was to make Piers better.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

Landy’s concern for him made him all the more eager to strike at her would-be abductors, but he knew that a sudden, uninformed move could spell disaster in his state. He stared up at Landy, wanting to badly to provide a quick remedy to the situation.

“Don’t worry, Landy,” he said as casually as he could through the pain. “I’ll be fine.” Piers squeezed her hand. “Landy, what is the ‘vortex’ they’re talking about?” Piers knew that any new information would only have a modicum of a chance of getting them out of the dire situation, but he truly felt that if he understood why exactly Goldmine was after Landy he just might be able to figure something out.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hyrez "Goldmine" Thomasai / Naomi
    Role: Vagrant
    Items: (NPC Francis and Marianna)

Late.

His Patek Philippe told him that Loki was late. A rather irritating noise, like an insect gnawing at his patience, tick-tick-tocked in his mind.

The Vortex girl and Adam Cross fussed over each other the moment Marianna dropped him at their feet. It was not an unfamiliar scene. They reminded Thomasai of a few comrade Guardians they caught captive a few months back, and were now swimming around in Naomi's tank of bodies. Together in the end.

"Honey," Thomasai breathed out gray smoke that slithered towards the sky like rising snakes, "Wouldn't it be funny to see water coming out of the hole in Mister Cross' chest?"

Naomi perked up, her face brightened with the sound of her father and Host's call. "Yes, daddy! That would be very funny, wouldn't it?"

"It would look like a fountain, like the ones we have in our garden, wouldn't it?"

She imagined this for a moment, a finger tapping her cheek as her eyes turned towards the sky.

"Yes, Daddy! Exactly like those! Only it's coming out of his chest, not his mouth. But it would be even funnier if it came out of both, right?"

"Yes, dear, you are absolutely right. Now remember, don't harm Miss Landy."

Francis, who knew what was coming, once again held out an umbrella for Master Thomasai.

"Well then. Let's have a laugh, shall we?"

Naomi thrust one thin, fragile arm towards the sea. A thick column of water danced high in the air and roared angrily, like a dragon rudely awakened from its long sleep. The ground rumbled beneath them.

"See that, Mister Cross and Miss Vortex?" The girl Nightmare raised her arms towards her terrible creation, "I call her, 'Bane of the Dumb Blond'! Isn't she beautiful?"

A spray like heavy rain fell upon them, as if the dragon breathed water instead of fire.

"Don't worry, Miss Vortex, you have black hair so she won't eat you. But she sure will EAT HIM!"

Shrieking the last two words with glee, Naomi's arm pointed at the man Marianna had delivered to their feet. The dragon followed the path of her hand, causing a faint rainbow to appear as it arced over them. A rolling thunder came out of its gaping jaws as it tried to swallow him whole.

(@Cross Avantgarde : Hint - This is the part where Piers doesn't die.
    @Red&Stiletto : Let's do this, Red! )
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 04-19-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: I'mma make this post ambiguous enough until you reply to my message, Sol. *3*)

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

It didn't even take her a moment to react. Her eyes were ablaze before she had even turned her head to face the attack. She bared her teeth and flung her arm out, gusts of wind and fire crashing into the wall of water that was bearing down on them. She positioned herself so that her body covered more of Piers' as she fended off this enormous attack. She focused her power on the attack, but she spoke to Piers as she did. "You want to know what the Vortex is?" she asked, her voice a little rough as she strained to keep her hold on the power raging inside of her. "The Vortex is me! I finally have power to help those I love, and I fully entend to use it!" she shouted. She gave Piers' hand another hard sqeeze. She was going to protect him for once. It was her turn to be the savior for once, and she had no intention of failing.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Solsaiden Hel : Lol, I think his survival is rather ensured at the moment and since you kept Aiden alive, it would be foul play for me to discard Piers.

Piers

Naomi thrust one thin, fragile arm towards the sea. A thick column of water danced high in the air and roared angrily, like a dragon rudely awakened from its long sleep. The ground rumbled beneath them.

"See that, Mister Cross and Miss Vortex?" The girl Nightmare raised her arms towards her terrible creation, "I call her, 'Bane of the Dumb Blond'! Isn't she beautiful?"

Piers grimaced at the nightmare’s macabre joy and the way in which she was toying with him. Yet when he saw the vicious form arise from the water, his grimace turned into a look of sheer horror.

A spray like heavy rain fell upon them, as if the dragon breathed water instead of fire.

"Don't worry, Miss Vortex, you have black hair so she won't eat you. But she sure will EAT HIM!"

Shrieking the last two words with glee, Naomi's arm pointed at the man Marianna had delivered to their feet. The dragon followed the path of her hand, causing a faint rainbow to appear as it arced over them. A rolling thunder came out of its gaping jaws as it tried to swallow him whole. Horror caused his thoughts to race through his mind, yet no plan came to fruition. Thanks to Landy, it didn’t have to.

It didn't even take her a moment to react. Her eyes were ablaze before she had even turned her head to face the attack. She bared her teeth and flung her arm out, gusts of wind and fire crashing into the wall of water that was bearing down on them. She positioned herself so that her body covered more of Piers' as she fended off this enormous attack. She focused her power on the attack, but she spoke to Piers as she did. "You want to know what the Vortex is?" she asked, her voice a little rough as she strained to keep her hold on the power raging inside of her. "The Vortex is me! I finally have power to help those I love, and I fully entend to use it!" she shouted. She gave Piers' hand another hard sqeeze. She was going to protect him for once. It was her turn to be the savior for once, and she had no intention of failing.

Piers was astounded not just at what Landy said, but also at her skills and courage. Given the amazing amount of power she was wielding, he would have quickly and eagerly placed his bet on her in a fight between the horrid water creature and the powerful Landy. That fact reassured him as much as Landy’s squeeze on his hand.

“Thank God,” Piers responded, unable to say much more. The dragon, composed of water, would likely be susceptible to her wind attacks at it might have a weak disposition, especially in the air that Landy was making so turbulent—at least this is what Piers hoped to be the case. At any rate, he was beyond impressed, and Landy was saving him once again.

“No wonder they want you!” he finally managed to say. Landy’s power would be nigh unstoppable in Goldmine’s hands. That could not be allowed to happen, for one thing. For another, Piers wasn’t about to see his friend abducted by a fiend in front of his eyes. Yet, as things appeared, Landy was more than able to take care of herself. “Be careful, Landy—and thank you.”
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 04-21-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Etc.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"My dear! Since when did you gain control of the Vortex?" Thomasai did not hide his pleasure at this surprise. Without breaking his gaze at her, he snuffed his cigar into an ashtray Francis had extended on an open palm. "But that is of no matter. Come."

Thomasai gently took her hand and placed it on his heart. Greed glinted in his cerise eyes.

"You well know how to remove Nightmares from mortals. Wrench the abominable monster out of me. Take it for the sake of our little dying friend. You hold the power to stop my madness. My life is in your hands, Landy."

The water dragon fell like a torrent on the pavement, though it was difficult to tell whether it was due to the wind and fire that the Lady Vortex had sent crashing into it, or whether it was because its summoner's hands had fallen, arms hanging in mid-air, forgotten.

"What do you mean, daddy?" Naomi spoke softly. Her eyes were wide in astonishment, mouth turned upwards in a disbelieving smile at this horrible joke. "You want her to take me away? You don't want me anymore? What are you saying?"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 04-24-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: He's really out of character. So difficult.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

She almost couldn't stand Piers' praise. He had been such a help to her that she his words made no sense. She wanted to tell him all of these things, but she was focused on the attack. In fact, she was so focused on the attack that she didn't even notice Hyrez as he made his way next to her. The opposing attack was dying when her hand was taken and placed on his chest. Only then did she turn her head to look at him in surprise and his words finally registered. He wanted her to take his Nightmare? There was no way he was being serious. Had he even thought this through? It wasn't like his Nightmare was rebellious; that little girl was obviously dedicated solely to him. What was he playing at?

She stared at Hyrez, her eyes trying to dissect his expression. Could she really do it? She had done it unconciously a couple of times. His heart pounded against the palm of her hand. She let her eyes flick over to the little girl Nightmare. The pain behind her expression was plain and in a second she knew what she was going to do. She gave Piers hand another squeeze before letting it go. She stood up, her hand still over Hyrez's heart. "You want me to take her from you? I can do that. I will do it, if you really want me to," she said, her voice deadpan as she stared down into his face. Even though she was too tall to stand up straight, she was still well above his eye level. She wanted him to know the full extent of her power over him before she did what she was going to do next.

(OCC- Hoo hoo! What will be Landy's next move? )

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"You want me to take her from you? I can do that. I will do it, if you really want me to,"

Hyrez Thomasai held her hand tighter to his chest. His silent smile said there was nothing else he could want more; his eyes say they see nothing after.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

He disgusted her. Landy wanted to pull her hand away from him but instead, she kept her face deadpan and her eyes cold as she stared down at him. She glanced at the little girl again, not five feet away from this person she loved with her whole heart and he was asking her to have her ripped from him. She turned her gaze back to Hyrez, her eyes ice daggers as she spoke. "Say it, Hyrez. Tell me what it is you want," she said in a voice of stone. "I won't do anything unless you say it." This was only partially true. She knew she would do it no matter what to get that girl away from him, but she felt she wanted the girl to see this. It was important she saw how willing he was discard her, even if it hurt her.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Say it, Hyrez. Tell me what it is you want. I won't do anything unless you say it."

Thomasai chuckled softly. He leaned forward and whispered a prayer to her ear, gently caressing her cheek.

"Sweet and terrible Mother of Horrors, take my Nightmare child. Embrace her, nourish her, use her. This abomination is yours, Lady Landy. All yours."

"NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Naomi slammed both hands on either side of Adam Cross' head. Her face scrunched with fury and fear. A lot of fear.

"GET AWAY FROM MY DADDY! GET AWAY FROM HIM! I'LL SUCK OUT MISTER ADAM'S BRAIN FLUIDS! I'LL TAKE ALL HIS BLOOD AND LEAVE HIM DRY! I'LL KILL HIM! I'LL KILL HIM!"

Naomi could never harm her father, and the Vortex lady was under the protection of his orders. So she turned to the only person left. Thomasai smiled.

"- And please. Hurry."

(I always wanted to say 'Lady Landy' )
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 04-26-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: I'm obsessive.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

Naomi slammed both hands on either side of Adam Cross' head. Her face scrunched with fury and fear. A lot of fear.

"GET AWAY FROM MY DADDY! GET AWAY FROM HIM! I'LL SUCK OUT MISTER ADAM'S BRAIN FLUIDS! I'LL TAKE ALL HIS BLOOD AND LEAVE HIM DRY! I'LL KILL HIM! I'LL KILL HIM!"

It had been so very long since Piers had felt terror like this. So often he had felt fear for the ones he loved, a motivating kind of fear that allowed him to make decisions that would otherwise paralyze him with indecisive anxiousness. But this time, the fear was for himself. He knew the nightmare was not bluffing, and the fear that ensued replaced all of his surprise at Goldmine’s request.

He wanted to speak. Terror can sometimes make people loquacious. Interestingly, it can also make speech next to impossible. So he merely looked up at the face of the hysterical nightmare that was threatening him. Her full attention was on Landy and her host, and Piers might have felt sympathy for the nightmare had his life not been in her hands which were so obviously eager to take it. And at such times, it’s hard to believe that anyone of higher authority has the true control over a situation. His labored breathing was quickened by the situation, and all the while he was still trying to merely speak.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC- I really hope you take this in the direction I'm hoping it goes in. >w<)

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy glanced over at Naomi and Piers, her face completely calm- there might even have been a hint of a smile playing across her lips. Then her hand plunged into Hyrez's chest, all the way past her wrist, and she gave a swift jerk backwards. She was clutching what looked like a ball of smoke and as she watched, Naomi seemed to flicker for a moment. Landy spread her fingers and the smoke evaporated into the air, solidifying the small girl in this world. She smiled and focused her attention to Naomi and Piers, completely turning her back to Hyrez, not caring what happened to him now. She pried Naomi's hands off of the side of Piers' head and held them both in her own.

"Your name is Naomi, right? That's a very pretty name. I believe you were told my name is Landy. It's very nice to meet you," she said in a completely soft and calming voice. "That man over there, he isn't really your father. He was lying to you so he could use your powers. I'm sorry that he was so mean to you, but I would rather you didn't hurt my friend. He's very dear to me, you see. He is always watching out for me, and I love him a lot. If you want to hurt somebody, take it out on me. I'll be okay. Do we have a deal?" she asked, her eyes never once leaving the girls'.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Are you serious you made Naomi real??
    And you know it's the characters who control me. O_O So uh... I'll try to convince them to go your direction but Thomasai has never listened to the likes of me.)

Hyrez "Goldmine" Thomasai
    Role: Blank

Naomi
    Role: Nightmare

"DADDY!!!"

Naomi shrieked and threw the Vortex Lady's hands off her wrists, bolting past her and Adam Cross.

"Daddy don't leave me! DON'T LEAVE ME!" Tears brimmed in her eyes and streamed down her cheeks, "Please. PLEASE! I need you! I need you Daddy!"

Thomasai could only blink at the little girl as he tried to compose himself, surprised that he was still alive. It felt as if Lady Landy had wrenched his heart out.

"... My daughter Naomi has been dead for years, sweetheart. And I died with her." Thomasai brushed away the droplets from her face. The water and her flesh were as cold and real as ice. Then he realized that he had gotten the freedom Loki had sought for, had fought for, and had killed for all these years. Of all people, me? He laughed like a drunk madman.

"Take me with you! I'll be your new daughter! I'll be good, I'll be a very good girl. I'll always do what you ask me to and I'll never, ever grow up and... and I can die with you!" She clung around her father's waist, pulling tightly at his clothes, "I won't be like your human daughter. I won't ever leave you! Please! I don't want to be real! I want to stay with you and live in your dreams for ever and ever!"

"But, dear... I don't want that. I don't want you." He clasped her frozen hands in his, "Listen. This is Daddy's last order. If you truly want to be my daughter, and if you truly love me, then for God's sake leave me alone."

There were no words for this. Naomi could only clutch at her father's hands, crying, crying.

"Go. Go away. Go with your true mother the Vortex woman. Join the Guardians. You may live in the sea and pretend you're a mermaid if you want. I don't care. Just don't ever let me see you again. Is that understood?"

She could not nod but he knew she would not disobey. He gently kissed her hands and her forehead.

"Goodbye, my dear. Thank you for your service."

The girl's knees gave way under her and she collapsed to the ground, still speechless. Goldmine turned to the servants.

"Marianna. Send a message to Loki. He can ask the Vortex fairy to make his Pinocchio into a real boy any day he wants, if he can manage to get out of the mansion. Francis. Bring me home. Make a stop by the North Willow Cemetary. I want to say goodbye to my Naomi. Then let's leave this abyss of nightmares and never look back."

He turned for the car, but Naomi grabbed a fistful of his pants leg. Her other arm stretched out, hoping Thomasai would turn around and take her back in his embrace.

"Don't go..." Her voice was barely a whisper, "Don't leave me...Don't go... Don't leave."

"Nightmare, I told you-"

"NOOOOO!!!"

Her screech rang with the anguish of a demon child abandoned to die.

"Don'tleavemedon'tleavemedon'tleaveme!!!"

Her father faltered as he lost his balance, a hand grasping his chest as if he was about to have a heart attack.

"DON'T LEAVE ME! I LOVE YOU! "

For a fleeting moment, their cerise eyes shared the same flash of terror.

"N-!"

"YOU'RE MY DADDY!!!"

A fountain of blood spewed from Thomasai's eye sockets, mouth, ears, and nostrils. Ruby red liquid bathed the spectators and the pavement. It escaped through ruptures in his skin, which quickly wrinkled, shrunk, and attached itself tightly to his bones. Marianna's eyes widened but she did not scream, and now Francis' umbrella protected them from their master. Thomasai's shriveled body twisted as if to look at them all before toppling over onto the pavement, dry as a mummy.

"You're never... supposed to leave me... Daddy..." Her scarlet dress now matched her eyes. If Naomi knew her father could no longer hear her, she showed no sign of it. She only quietly buried her face into his withered neck, clutched desperately onto his sleeves, and wailed.

But not for long.

"YOU."

She turned, got up. Sheer fury seemed to make her hair, white and red as roses, rise in a flurry. Wine rivulets trickled down her chin, her elbows, and legs, and pooled beneath her feet.

"My daddy tried to leave me because of you."

The ground rumbled. Naomi raised her arms and held her palms open towards the sky.

"You want to make a deal with me?"

Three tornadoes of water, a mixture of thundercloud and whirlpool, surged and roared angrily from the sea around them.

"THEN DIE YOU- AAAAH!"

Aiden/Philo

The monstrous dark Labrador Retriever leapt in a high arc and clamped its jaws around the girl's small neck. It thrashed her seemingly frail body vigorously before throwing her towards the Vortex lady and the blond Guardian. Being a figment of imagination, Naomi had no bones to break nor blood to shed. The dog barked alarmingly at Landy and Piers as she struggled to get up and begin to make sense of what had happened.

"Phi...lo... says... 'K-Kill... th-the Night... Nightmare... girl.'" Aiden collapsed on all fours a few feet behind them on the sand. He choked for breath as if he had run from Marathon to Athens, "'Kill her... you d-dumb... humans s-save... your...selves... she's not... alive... so don't b-be... stupid...' he says."
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 04-28-2012 at 02:18 AM. Reason: There I was, happily watching the Avengers, when out of nowhere came "Hm... 'Thrashed' is a better word."

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Hypnos
    Sync = 95%

"We are almost there."

Thanatos
    Sync: 300% and rising

Thanatos blade moved through his blackened skin as he was bound by the nightmare. It raced towards the bindings and they loosened enough for him to makes his way out. The attack from the Watcher had come at a complete surprise. As he landed his leg gave way and he crashed down almost into a heap. His blood was covering the floor in a very slippy layer. He cursed as he struggled to regain his balance. He was being made a fool of. It was all his brother fault. He used that cold hate to push himself further.
    "I will win..."
    Snap!
    Something broke.
    Thanatos felt his chest sqeeze. He tried to say something and instead of words only a strained weeze came out.

Sync: 200% and dropping.

Already?
    No he wouldn't lose. He would defeat them and then there would be enough time to go after the vortex. He struggled to move himself. He kept lying and saying it would be fine. No! It would be. If he could just kill the girl his brother was first in. Yet in that moment he couldn't even lift an arm. His vision began to blur.
    "I hate life." He muttered as his arm went numb. "I hate all life."
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

Piers gasped. The sharp intake of air hurt, but he hardly noticed the pain, so strong was his visceral reaction to the grim spectacle before him. His mind wanted to wonder over what Goldmine had said about “Loki,” and to marvel over the fact that all Goldmine simply wanted was to be free of his nightmare. Yet the scene Piers had just witnessed made that impossible.

She murdered Goldmine! She…

It wasn’t long before the girl turned her attention elsewhere, and Piers hardly had time to realize this before the young boy’s nightmare interceded on behalf of him and Landy.

The monstrous dark Labrador Retriever leapt in a high arc and clamped its jaws around the girl's small neck. It thrashed her seemingly frail body vigorously before throwing her towards the Vortex lady and the blond Guardian. Being a figment of imagination, Naomi had no bones to break nor blood to shed. The dog barked alarmingly at Landy and Piers as she struggled to get up and begin to make sense of what had happened.

"Phi...lo... says... 'K-Kill... th-the Night... Nightmare... girl.'" Aiden collapsed on all fours a few feet behind them on the sand. He choked for breath as if he had run from Marathon to Athens, "'Kill her... you d-dumb... humans s-save... your...selves... she's not... alive... so don't b-be... stupid...' he says."

Everything in him believed the boy. And everything in him seemed to make it impossible to do what had to be done. He tried to believe that the nightmare wasn’t human, but his eyes were screaming that she was. Realizing that his inactivity might put Landy or the boy in danger, Piers began a labored attempt to rise to his feet before the nightmare that was currently prone on the ground before Landy and himself.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Ah, I'm just stalling. Guess which movie I based this post on! Winner gets to name an NPC in one of my future posts.)

Yorick/Chain
    Role: Guardian

The chain loosened, but instead of transforming into her demon form or another weapon, Chain returned to being Anna. The sight of his dead best friend caused a fleeting incomprehensible spasm across Yorick's face.

"I heard a joke in a movie once." Anna grinned inhumanly from ear to ear, walking towards Thanatos. "Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Loki is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Loki!" Haha. Hihi. Roll on floor laughing."

What are you doing, Chain? He's a nutcase, just like you are!

Yorick shook his head and decided to never watch another comic-based movie again. Only the voice in his mind had laughed. He had a feeling it truly wasn't because of the joke itself.

And rule number one of horror movies: Never approach the beast to see if it's dead!

Chain ignored her Host and lowered herself before Thanatos, drawing her knees to her chest. Her Cheshire smile rested on both upturned palms.

"Haven't you realized? We Nightmares protect humans from their own selves, brother. That's the real practical joke. You won't let the real monsters win, will you?"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 04-29-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: So sorry guys! Its finals season here, so I've been really busy lately. Forgive me! >.<)

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy heaved a great sigh as Naomi began to freak out. Blood spattered her face as she closed her eyes, regretting that she had been unable to make things right. She had been hoping to avoid this. After the strange black dog attacked Naomi, she hurried as fast as she could to Piers, working one of his arms around her shoulder as she helped him up off of the sand. Despite how much she had been hoping to help that poor, lost little Nightmare, the black dog was right. She needed to make Piers her priority now. "Come on, Piers. We need to get you some place safe for now," she said, moving as slow as she dared to. She didn't want to hurt him but he needed to get out of range and fast. Once she didn't have to worry about him, she could figure out what to do about Naomi.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

OOC: I hope this is plausible. Sorry for taking so long to post. >.<

Alanna
    Role: Feral
    Items: backpack with inhaler and money… somewhere

"Alanna" He whispered.
    With those words he drew himself into her mind.
    Deep into her existance so that they stood before each other.
    With the nightmare syncing so high Hypnos could stand before Alanna within her mind.
    She appeared in the form she saw herself as. He appeared in the form he was.
    A young boy drapped in white.
    A cloak unstained by anything.
    Face hidden.

As it fell back it reveal a yound tired looking person.
    Except for three black lines falling from the bottom of each eye he looked exactly the same.
    Exactly the same as Jace.
    "Save my host that my Brother stole."

Alanna had stopped trying to comprehend all of the events occurring of late. Therefore, when she and Hypnos appeared before her in her mind, she didn’t freak out like she was everything else, but she was crying. Even in her own mind, she wasn’t safe to hide her tears. Yuuko was on the surface so she took the opportunity. Her father always told her that she couldn’t show the opposing team her tears. Luckily, this guy was on hers, but it was still embarrassing none-the-less.

"Alanna?" He whispered, "Can you hear me?"

Barely, she thought as she finally got her sniffling under control and wiped away her tears. She didn’t know if he heard that or not, but she didn’t really care. She simply listened.

"He is dying. Thanatos is killing him to get at me."
    "He knows he can't beat three Nightmares. So he will murder Jace trying to kill me."
    "He can't be allowed too. Jace is not his to use."
    "Girl who reminds Jace about life." He spoke softly and kindly.
    "Save him. Save Jace." He pulled at the hood covering his face.

The sound of rustling fabric made her lift her gaze from the empty, black ground.

As it fell back it reveal a yound tired looking person.
    Except for three black lines falling from the bottom of each eye he looked exactly the same.
    Exactly the same as Jace.

Even though she had finally been able to stop crying, his face brought them back, blurring her vision as she brought a hand up to cover her mouth. She wasn’t as shocked as she was overwhelmed by the relief that washed over her upon seeing that face again, even if it wasn’t truly Jace.

"Save my host that my Brother stole."

Alanna took a second to calm down her sobs. She hadn’t cried this much since her parents died. How long ago was that? Couldn’t have been too long. This madness started but about a few days ago. It feels like it’s been an eternity since she’s seen any of them: her parents and Jace.

When finally her body finished its haul of sorrow, she wiped her eyes sniffled a bit, then looked up at Hypnos. His face was enough to give her even more incentive than before.

“I’ll save him. If not for anyone else, for himself.” She said, her usual light returning to her eyes.

Yuuko

As said before, Yuuko was not a fighter, but she was also not a coward. If she could only get a grab at his- The sound of chains made her hesitate. The smell of another Nightmare. She was ready to lunge to take out his heart, but she couldn’t move. “What the-“

Don’t you dare.

“Darling, I thought you brought me out to help?” She said, smirking, but irritated. Then she felt something. She couldn’t explain it. It was as if Alanna was slipping into her body, like she was slipping into a body suit. She’s never experienced this before. She couldn’t even do this to Alanna. Yuuko’s eyeless sockets were replaced by Alanna’s green eyes, filled with determination. Then there came the heartbeat.

“If you kill him, you’ll kill Jace. That isn’t helping.” When the voice came out, it was a mixture of both Alanna and Yuuko’s voice. They were still fully synced, but Alanna had somehow managed to control Yuuko.

Alanna/Yuuko
    Role: Feral/Nightmare

Thanatos had broken out of the bind which held him. But now he was on the ground, slipping in his own blood. Alanna could see it, Yuuko could smell it. He looked so sad, struggling to stand when he couldn’t. They had to act now.

They walked forward, the nurse’s body with Alanna’s eyes. They knelt down in front of him.

“I won’t let you take him,” said came the intertwined voices, but it was obvious to who was speaking. “I won’t let you take him, you hear me? Thanatos.”

Then they raised their hands and began to slowly reach into his mind, into his central nervous system which controlled his thoughts and movements. With that, Alanna dove into his mind alone in search of Jace.

"Jace," she called, "Jace, it's Alanna. Where are you?"
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 05-07-2012 at 12:48 PM.

22. Likes Valkarma liked this post
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Solsaiden Hel : Does it begin with an “A”?
    And as for Red, don’t worry at all. Trust me, I think many have felt the wrath of the finals lately, and are acutely aware of how much of a time-vacuum they are!

Piers
    Sync: 83%

Piers tried to support himself as much as possible as Landy proceeded to get him to safety. “Landy, don’t worry about me. I’ll stay put unless I have no other choice. And as for this wound, as long as I can hold the sync I’ll be fine. But whatever you do, be careful.” Piers couldn’t believe what she had accomplished, but it was taking much to get his mind off the macabre scene that had just unfolded with Goldmine.

“I owe you so much,” Piers added. He wanted to say more, but he was grievously afraid of what Landy might have to do next concerning the diminutive nightmare. Despite this, he managed to add, “I think we all do.”
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 05-07-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Never can seem to mention Red&Stiletto correctly...

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy hobbled along with Piers under her arm. She gave a grim chuckle at his speech, but kept her determined gaze straight ahead. "Piers, don't talk like a quitter. You know very well if I leave you too close to her what she might do. You also know very well that you aren't going to last must longer in your condition. You don't owe me a thing but to stay alive and honestly, thats the only thing I could ask for. So hang in there long enough for me to hide you away and I'll take care of you when this is over," she said, her voice a little breathy from the effort of carrying Piers along, but still strong. She didn't really know what had happened to her, but she felt so much stronger, like she finally could do something to protect those around her. She felt powerful, not like the passive girl she had been just a few weeks ago. Something had shifted, and she was embracing it for all it was worth. She was finally able to protect those she loved. The corners of her mouth turned up in a slight grin as she kept them moving forward. They were almost to the dunes.

They passed the first few quickly, aiming for the third, much larger one. Landy moved both of them behind it and depositted Piers onto sand while she made quick work of the side of the dune. In nearly seconds, she had dug him out a small alcove of a shelter and was shuffling him into it. "You stay here. I'll be back as soon as I've dealt with everything," she said. She was about to move away but at second thought, leaned forward and gave Piers a small peck on the cheek before standing up. "And don't you even think about dying," she joked as she turned and began to run back to where Naomi and the large dog were. As she ran, fire seemed to engulf her. A thin blue blaze leapt off her skin, great fire ghosts dogged her steps and swam through the air, and her fire whip trailed behind her as she ran. Her eyes were ablaze with a different kind of fire and the wind whipped ferociously around her. Her steps left glassed-over pits in the sand. She was raging and ready for a fight.

(OOC- Sorry this is so long winded. Sudden fight scene inspiration. O3O")

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Naomi

Aiden Hayes/ Philo
    Naomi

"PHILO!' Aiden barked, "KILL HER!"

His Nightmare's teeth drove nail-deep into her now very real skin. Philo stepped over her, trapping her small body under his weight. She was powerless. Her ear-piercing shriek must have at least reached God.

"Puppy! It’s me, puppy!" Naomi cried, fingers extending for Aiden, "Are you going to kill me?"

Aiden bent one knee and supported himself with both hands on the ground. They made a print on a pool of Thomasai’s blood. He could hear her breaths - she was breathing?- and Philo's low, deep growls.

"I’m very sorry, princess." He said quietly, "I have to."

She nodded acceptingly, readily. "You promised you’d protect daddy. You’re still my Guardian. You’ll retrieve us, right?"

She stroked his cheek, smearing a thick red line on it with her father’s blood. Aiden nuzzled into it as Theo would often do a lifetime ago. Gently, he whispered into her ear.

"I’ll protect you while you sleep. Good night, Naomi."

"Good night, Theo."

The canine monster's maw engulfed her face and tore off her head with a mighty jerk. But instead of staying on this cursed earth any longer, her body disintegrated into mist. It enveloped Aiden, somewhat like a small girl clinging to her pet, until it too dissipated into the air.

The sharp metallic taste of blood filled Aiden’s mouth. He sat back on his legs, his arms hung limp. The winds quietened. Even his heartbeat seemed to stay still. The boy cast a pair of soulless eyes towards the sky. If an angel in heaven looked down into them, they would have glimpsed hell.

Such is the price of sentimentality.

Slowly, the dog sauntered to him and licked his hands.

"Hey there, Philo." He smiled, stroking the dog’s neck, "Hey, buddy. Guess we’ve gotta start getting used to this, huh? But what say we go home and have a bath for now?"

It barked in agreement, his tail moving left and right, until a woman covered in fire ran towards them. Aiden gulped.

"Hello, miss. Don’t get angry, but my dog and I cleaned up for you. And we kinda need a shower," his stomach rumbled, "... and food."

He gave an apologetic smile, Philo still wagging his tail. "May we go home?"

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

By the time Landy reached the scene, the small boy and big dog had killed Naomi. Her heart fell a little. She had so hoped to be able to save her. She felt like it was her responsibility now that she had all this power. The fire slowly disappated as the boy began talking to her. A small smile played across her lips as she kneeled down, so that she wasn't towering over him. "Thank you. You were very brave. And as hungry as you may be, I believe it would be best to wash off before going back to your family. I don't think showing up covered in blood would go over very well," she said with a small chuckle. "Where do you live? If you can wait for me to take care of Dr. Piers, then I can walk you home. Though that's up to you."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information