AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2010 05:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Role: Guardian
    Items: Sword handle

Ika Made it to the teaberry He was getting used to traveling far distances with his power. He went in and looked around it was relatively quite. except for a couple people talking amongst them selves. Ika Sat down, waiting for a waitress to show up. about 2 minutes later the waitress showed up." what can i do for you today, Sir?"" I was wondering if Glaiza was around?"" Sorry Sir, she is out right now. We don't know when she will be back. Would you like to wait for her?"" I will wait for her, Thank you. Oh can i have some hot tea please?""Right away Sir." With that the waitress went off. Ika looked out at the rainy day outside. It was a pretty bad day today, He had worse though. He looked at two young boys talking to each other they looked kinda strange, He thought nothing of it though. By that time the waitress came back with his tea. He paid her, she walked off with a nod. He sat there drinking his tea, Lost in thought.

Never Give In, Never Give up.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role: watcher
    Items: tracking bracelet

Melinda blinked a little when she calmed 'why are al these people fussing about me...who are al these people to begin with?'. she was clearly in some kind of hospital room maybe she had a acident but she felt fine except for the light difficulty to breath. suddenly a man came in asking if she was alright 'do i know him?' she tryed to remember but al she rememberd was a headache and her name it seemed. The man however seemed worried and nice enough "do i know you mister?" she tilted her head to one side. The young tech looking for Karn popped his head in "uhm mister pierce where can i find karn, the doctor wants to talk to him'" he looked at Melinda "hey your awake, he wil happy with that" melinda just looked at him oddly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

OOC: Apologies, this post will be fluff. Have been really busy today. Will post a more substantial update later.

Nerisa
    Role: Feral
    Items: Bag, Notebook

"Oh, don't mind me." She said. "Like I said, I like old buildings. My apartment is really old too and it's always noisy because it's near the school. The owner is also as ancient as the rooms. He's kinda cuckoo but I like--" Nerisa stopped herself. She's getting too chummy. Another surge of annoyance pricked her.

Nerisa sighed and pushed her bangs off her face. I wish you are not the girl I'm looking for. I wish you're just not part of the stupid mess with monsters and missing people and senseless murders. I wish you weren't. I wish you were just a normal polite girl with the punkish get-up and the fluffy cat. But something, something nudging at the back of my head tells me you are. And I am often never wrong. (OOC: This might be explained because of Nerisa's Nightmare, Sneckdraw, who's power is to gather info.)

Speaking of the cat, it suddenly mewed like crazy, fidgeting on her master's cloak hem like it was really displeased.

Yeah, well you think I like this? Nerisa glowered at the cat. Nobody said it was gonna be easy. I'm just doing what I'm called to do. The cat stared back at her with huge stern eyes. Nerisa decided she was never really a cat-person.

"By the way, I didn't catch your name." Nerisa pressed again. The girl seemed to forget to answer that certain important question. It kept Nerisa on the edge of her seat, still hoping that this girl wasn't what she thought her to be.

++

Harue
    Role: Guardian (trainee)
    Items: M.I.A. Report, Notes, GPS

Miss Seda walked out of the room, telling Harue to get ready for a ride. Something about that statement made his sides shiver.

Piers was going to find Madeleine, a Feral he has encountered before. The truth is, Harue knew next to nothing about the said assailant. He has only read the info in the Guardian Log, and it seems Madeleine or her Nightmare, Jigsaw, has been dropping clues. Was she the one who directed the clue in the Library? Harue touched his neck slightly. That was where he met that arrogant Nightmare who uses shadows. It seemed likely that it wasn't by accident. But if Madeleine was dropping clues, who was she really dropping the clues for? Guardians? Vagrants? What does she really want?

And Jace. Harue tried to shake the image of coldness as he stared eye to eye with him in a battle. He can tell they were alike. Something about him begged to be saved. His eyes were clear with a tinge of hidden grief. Yet remembering him, all Harue can feel from him was that thick suffocating inhumanity he has cloaked himself with. He could only hope that Ikazuchi parry himself well enough against that controversial Vagrant. He offered him good advice just a while ago. "Look at the bright side of things," he said. Harue decided he'd try his best.

The tasks have been set somehow. Duo and karn seemed to look at Harue expecting info about the Restricted Files.

"O-oh.. right." Harue snapped from his blank state, reddening slightly. He was taken in by the moment. It was amazing, the whole thing. He couldn't explain it. SOmething was definitely starting and it made him glad he was part of it. His fingers shook slightly from the nerves as he started to prepare for the task at hand.

++

Gill
    Role: Watcher (?)
    Items: Pocket watch, black marker cap, ???

"Okaay," Gill thought to himself as the man bound in a wheelchair took off towards the rain. Instead of answers, here he was left with more questions. Oh, going over all of them seemed indulgent.

Who was he? How did he know my name? How did he know I'm a Watcher? He's a Watcher? What's with the clock?

Also, the man's appearance suddenly rippled as he left, a fuzzy energy signature of an active Nightmare pulsed into Gill's head. The Watcher has a Nightmare.

"That's impossible, isn't it?" Gill watched him leave, "A Watcher with a Nightmare? I've never encount--"

Gill snapped. If this possible, Watchers owning Nightmares themselves, does he... also have a Nightmare? After all, it's only logical his abilities came from somewhere. The sudden thought gripped Gill's insides cold. It made sense somehow. The dreams.. The involuntary visions.. The guy who looked like him with horrible burning eyes etching a creaky fingernail into his fear.

He could feel him cackle with delight.

Nice to meet you, Gill. Soon enough. Soon.

He slumped warily and tried to catch his breath. He wasn't really "tired", but he felt drained. He stared at the items the man Alaunus left for him, especially the pocket watch that showed the wrong time. It was huge, as big as his fist, plated in a varnish of tarnished gold. It's hands were pointing at the ornate carvings of one and six. It wasn't moving, but there was a wind up button at it's side.

Gill was tempted to move it, but he thought better. He closed the lid of the pocket watch and dropped it with the rest of the mysterious items Alaunus handed to him.

He was going to examine them later.. But for now..... he suddenly...... had the huge urge..... to sleep.....

OOC: Like me... *yawn*
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 10-28-2009 at 02:14 PM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Senior Member Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2010 05:30 PM
    Threads

Role: Vagrant
    Items:

Vierra raised an eyebrow. "Let me get this straight. You're looking for a dog that doesn't even belong to you, because you think you stole it while you were sleep walking."

She couldn't believe the crap this kid was spouting.

"And that your parents just keep the door unlocked, knowing that their son has a severe case of sleepwalking?"

The raven haired girl knew she was probably scaring the boy now, but there was no stopping her. She was on a freaking roll. Do these people even read the newspaper, look at all the stuff that happens in this god forsaken world? Her voice remained completely leveled and low. No point in getting overworked about a small situation like this anyway. The kid was probably just pulling her leg.

"Kid, you're either unbelievably, stupidly naive, playing a prank, or just a complete moron." She closed her eyes and turned around for the last time.

"If the dog had an owner, they'll look for it themselves. I recommend you lock the door before you go to sleep, to prevent yourself from stealing anymore dogs."

She walked on.

"Vierra, for a second there, you believed, didn't you." Tira's voice was high and mocking, a smirk on her face. "You believed a human. You're weak to your own memories."

"Shut up you damned nightmare." Vierra mumbled, eyes narrowed. She felt hollow inside. Because for a minute she had believed, trusted the kid who had lost the dog that wasn't really his.

She kicked a can lying on the sidewalk and sent it flying into the garbage bin. Who would believe such a ridiculous story anyway? It seemed that God really hated her.

He doesn't even give her a chance to try.
    Last edited by Minyrama; 10-29-2009 at 02:35 PM.

聞こえますか 僕の声が 君の事を そっと想う季節が続く

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Location- Bus
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- Cat, bag

"My name is Landy. And yours?" she asked, slightly more cautious than she was before, even with Miss Noirs intuition. She had always been the trusting type, even though Miss Noir's suspicions were hardly ever wrong.

She rummaged around in her bag as Miss Noir wiggled her way to sit inbetween her and the woman. When she pulled her hand out, she had two pieces of butterscotch candy, one of which she unwrapped and popped in her mouth while the other she silently offered to the woman.

Landy's headache started to come back again, slowly but surely. The rain and coolness of the air had suppressed it for a while but now the heat of the jacket and the bus seemed to be bringing it back.

Landy winced slightly as the pounding started up in her temples, the same way it had yestarday. As she was shoving the wrapper of her piece of candy into her purse, she decided in her head she would have to go to the doctor soon (after the hospital was done being rebuilt) to check out what could be causing them.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: Tracking Bracelet

SEAN'S POV

"Bleed?" Jace shook his head, "My, my. If someone heard you they might think you held some kind of hatred to this Guardian."

You got that right, snotty kid. I hate him, no, I despise him, or even better, I loathe him to the very core of his being, that the only reason he is still alive at the moment is because I want to make sure that he suffers completely under my power, my control and...

"Well dear Seany boy. I never had you for one to fall for his type." He made mocking hugging motions, "To fall for the 'save the world but never stop loving you' type. I had you pinned for the 'quiet' type." He leaned a little closer. He was enjoying this, "Did he cuddle you before or after? Was it your first time? Did he say he loved you? Did you say it back?"

Why, I do believe this young little runt is mocking me. And I do believe it's working. Here I am being amicable to the Mr. Dalmatian Chessboard, and he mocks me. First flirting with a waitress and now mocking my manhood? He truly is evil. I let the anger wash over me, feeling it, but still hiding it behind my friendly, relaxed smile. One thing I know, and I always base this upon my own experience, people who mock me usually have a short lifespan. Usually, but we'll see how this beautiful... playful... friendship shall result into, shall we?

As he quiets down, I give him no satisfaction of seeing at how annoyed I am at this whole Piers-Glaiza-love team up.

Then he started saying something about guardian being his plaything, but Glaiza's phone rang loud with a text, and since we're into this whole conjugal ownership thing, that I have decided upon, I read it.

It was from Piers.

He's sending some guy named Ika-something-chu-chu, whatever, over here to talk to Glaiza; ask some questions; blah blah, why is everyone looking for her today? I mean she was here yesterday and no one came knocking for her, and now? Now when I have the body all to myself, everyone's looking for her? Totally unfair.

(OOC: To Ika, Sean's a little self-centered, so I apologize for how he mutilated your name... It's just his character that's all)

Then I notice Mr. Dalmatian Chessboard still sitting and giggling like a little girl in front of me.

"Oh, right. You're still here," completely forgetting that he seemed to have warned me to stay away from the guardian.

"So you've met Piers-y? How did it go? He was pretty much alive yesterday, burnt but alive, so... did he beat the crap out of you? Quite disappointing how weak some Vagrants can be nowadays, am I right?" I give look at him pointedly, "Unless you've fallen for him yourself? But the Guardian is mine? Who says that line anymore? It's kill one and kill all!" I laugh, relaxedly.

"Well I've always believed that all's fair in love and war, and since my crazy host seemed to have inevitably fallen in love with him, I have declared war with Mr. Cheesy." Gosh, did I just say that? It's like some cheesy medieval movie or something! I should be some script writer or something...

I give him smile, showing a freaky set of pearly whites (brushing my teeth is always a priority!).

"I think it's been established that we don't trust each other, however you can trust that it's first come, first serve, darling. You kill him? I kill him? It doesn't really matter, I just want him dead. Preferably by my hands, but I'm flexible. Dead will be just fine."

I wil b ther l8r, he says in his text. He better wish that when he's here, I'm back inside Glaiza's brain because if not...

Dead will be just fine.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Items: Notebook, pen, The Super Spy’s Guide

"Let me get this straight. You're looking for a dog that doesn't even belong to you, because you think you stole it while you were sleep walking."

“Er… Yes…?”

"And that your parents just keep the door unlocked, knowing that their son has a severe case of sleepwalking?"

“But they don’t know-”

"Kid, you're either unbelievably, stupidly naive, playing a prank, or just a complete moron."

Aiden couldn’t find the difference from the two.

"If the dog had an owner, they'll look for it themselves. I recommend you lock the door before you go to sleep, to prevent yourself from stealing anymore dogs."

Aiden couldn’t help but feel like a door had been slammed in his face. Like he was selling Girl Scout cookies and a craggy old woman kicked his little cookie wagon before he even had a chance to say his piece. His shoulders drooped when she turned and walked away. He'd have to turn to the guy smoking cigarettes. Aiden didn't like the smell of cigarettes, so he really didn't want to. But he really, really didn't want to see her go so angry at him like that.

"Shut up you damned nightmare."

Aiden ran to her, clutched her sleeve, “I’m sorry! Please hear me out! I know you won’t believe me, but it’s the truth!”

Listen, Nightmare. Yes, I’m mentally talking to you.

“Call me a m-moron, but I… I think …I might have killed the dog.”

I am Theo, the nightmare of this boy.

“See, I woke up in a beach this morning and there were three dead dogs with me.”

I had hoped your human was the trusting type, but since she not, you’ll listen to me.

“And the third one was black.”

Tell your human this: This boy only has two days left of his waking life.

“I didn’t see well because I was so scared and I ran away quickly. But it looked so much like the terrier.”

If you play my little game I will extend it to three. If not, he’ll only have one day left.

“I won’t tell you a crazy story like this if I was pranking you, right?”

The game is called Truth. We will take turns asking questions. I promise I won’t ask too many.

“If you won’t believe me, then please just accept my apology.”

Since I initiated this game, you may ask me a question first.

“Please, I’m just so scared… ”

This boy’s consciousness is entirely in your choice. If you want to play, ask me a question. If not, then just walk away. Walk away and don’t look back.

Aiden looked up at her. Like a cute puppy dog, really. A cute, innocent, unknowing puppy dog, and hoped she won’t kick him away too.

(( OOC: Theo can mentally talk to other nightmares, and memorize everything Aiden’s seen, heard, and interacted with. It’s in his profile. And he doesn't actually know if Vierra has a nightmare. He's just mentally sending messages. If there's no reply, he'll conclude there's no nightmare.))
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 10-28-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, med kit

“What’s this?! She’s acting as if she has amnesia!” Piers thought, his mind surprised by her behavior. “Melinda…you don’t…” he began, but remembered that it was unwise to argue with someone with amnesia. It was like trying to tell someone that they were someone else; patients suffering from advanced cases would initially believe the people spurting off facts to them were liars, even imposters, so Piers had to play his cards wisely…and gingerly.

“Do you know your name, miss?” he asked softly. “And do you know anyone around you? What can you tell me about yourself?”

Piers had to get her to do the talking. That was the only objective way to diagnose how much trauma her mind had been put through. He was worried and concerned, but he had to remain calm in order to get at the root of the problem. If this was an advanced case, there was no quick fix…and a morose battle lay ahead of them.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Melinda tapped her chin "i know my name is melinda and i remember a headache but thats really it i geuse" she looked around the room "nope i don't remember anyone here, so was i in a acident or something?". The place was strange but it seemed familiar somehow but then again she could have been in de hospital before.

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

((Ooh a girl.))

Chinatsu
    Role: Watcher
    Items: toothbrush…?

Chinatsu’s long black hair was strewn all over her face and nightgown. She blearily looked at the clock. Everyone would be up and about by now. No wonder there was so much noise. She stretched as she yawned, got out of bed and started her morning ritual.

An hour later, in an artist’s beret and indigo dress, she headed for the Guardian HQ.

---

Role: Watcher
    Items: Handbag

“Um… good morning,” she smiled, but everyone seemed too busy. Duo and Karn were looking expectantly at Harue, who looked busy with files. Piers , Seda and Ika were nowhere to be seen. Why? She wanted to ask, but they were busy.

Everyone with a Nightmare was busy.

She found a nearby chair and plopped down onto it. Were watchers really never needed unless they have a vision? -Unless they could point out other nightmares? –Unless they were actually useful? Were they actually just dead weight when not doing their magic?

If that was so she would really like a vision. Right now. On this chair.

Nothing happened. Well, there must be something she could do. Chinatsu looked left and right. The room seemed to need a little cleaning up. But what if she accidentally tucked away something important? Or what if she threw away something crucial for a mission? Too scared to cause trouble, she abandoned the idea with a sigh.

Wait a minute. Melinda was missing too. Why?

She stood up and approached Harue, Duo and Karn, uneasily playing with the buttons on her front dress, “Er… Do you know why Melinda’s missing? … And also... may I help? In anyway…?”

((Please check in the OOC if you're surprised by this post. And that OOC at the top was just meant to scare you. xD))
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 10-29-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

OOC: Just Nerisa this time hehe.

Nerisa
    Items: Bag, notebook

"My name is Landy..."

Nerisa's heart jumped a couple of paces back in her spine then made a huge swan dive into her stomach. Meant her heart sank... But she felt every god-awful second it did once the words slapped her into a string of indignant rebellion.

"She is Landy." It went through her head over and over again, like she needed reassurance over the fact that she knew was unchangeable. Point. Blank. "Landee? As in L-a-n-d-e-e, right? I sure hope your surname's Norwegian." she almost said that last part out loud. Instead, her voice said something that sounded like "My name's Nerisa. Please call me Nerisa."

Silence bloomed between them after that.

"Well, what in tarnations do you do now, woman?" Nerisa thought, chewing her thumb. She had mentally prepared herself to take care of the Landy-in-her-mind (imagined to be blond, with a slight lisp and secretly loathes her father's aftershave, that she throws a little away in the toilet every time she uses the bathroom), as a surprised young girl, throw totally off-guard with the questions and the truth. No. Not this time. Life decided to grab her by the heel and do a turn-around. She didn't expect to like THE Landy. She didn't expect to board the same bus as her, lend her a jacket and share one of the awkwardest bus rides in history. Somehow, it made everything feel a bit cold and dark and dreary.

The girl offered her a butterscotch candy but Nerisa declined. "No, thanks. I'm good," pointing at her thumb. "Mm, thumb flavor. Best for the nerves." She sighed.

The aura between the two females slowly began to deteriorate. The rapport they had with the orange jacket and the amiable conversation had slowly trickled into a droplet called social etiquette. Etiquette. Guh, how Nerisa hated that word. She tried to look at the girl in glances, studying her features and profiling her in her mind - a bad habit.

Was she always this tired-looking? Nerisa wondered. The way she handled herself seemed to suggest that she was an optimistic spirit. Right now, she looked sick and out of sorts. Nerisa remembered her running in the rain that early morning. That's weird. She hardly seemed the type to rush into things head-on. People with pets are usually responsible... Although often solitary. And Landy Norrett, sitting there quietly, cuddling her stern-looking cat, probably thought about other people before herself. A volunteer on a the Psych Ward when teens her age are busy breaking hearts or breaking windows. A girl who chose to stay with the patients instead of running off on her own when panic struck.

Yes, Landy Norrett is a kind-hearted girl. Alone and just a little bit scared. Putting other people's problems seemed to take her mind off her own.

So how was she supposed to approach Landy this time? She's not a stranger anymore, not in the least. She's wearing her favorite item of clothing, for crying out loud.

Would you feel better if you take it back? Was the thought. Yes, let's try that. Hi Landy. Landy Norrett. May I have my jacket back, please. Yes, you're a dear. Now that we have that out of the way, tell me something about the Hospital Incident. Tell me something about this mystery man, Piers. While you're at it, tell me something about the missing surveillance tapes. I hope you didn't take them, dear, because that would be called Theft. A criminal offense.

Horrible.

Nerisa sighed again and continued chewing on her thumb. She could always lie. There's always that. Anyway, the truth this time sounds way more sinister than any lie Nerisa can come up with.

Hmph. Lying to obtain the truth. What a bitter irony. The negativity continued to mount, and Nerisa continued to gnaw at her poor thumb. Before it got to the point her appendage was no more than a stub, the bus made its quiet, uneventful stop. It was now time to get off.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 10-29-2009 at 01:25 PM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

“This isn’t good…but it could be worse,” Piers thought to himself. “At least she knows her name…and she’s not totally disoriented. Alright, Piers, play this one by the book…”

Piers then began to speak to Melinda. “You’re right…your name is ‘Melinda,’ and my name is ‘Piers…Piers Defoe’. Why don’t you try to get up and see how you feel? You were in a bit of…an accident of sorts.”

Dealing with amnesiacs was a delicate matter. They needed to be able to infer as much information as possible on their own, as this made the whole remembrance process easier. Throwing her into the world of nightmares would have to wait. She needed time to discover things on her own…and that realization saddened Piers. It seemed like the Melinda he knew was “temporarily out of order,” and there was no way he could take her out of HQ and risk her seeing rampant nightmares. He wondered…did she see Skitters right at that moment?

“Melinda, I have to go out for a while, okay? I want you to take it easy and try to move around as much as possible. You can go anywhere in here you like. It’s a big place, after all.” He looked around at the techs, making sure that he communicated, inaudibly, the fact that she should be given free reign around HQ in order to see what memories she could spark. But, just in case she saw a nightmare from one of the Guardians, he had to make sure she was prepared.

“Melinda, you might see some strange things here, but you are not in any danger, I can promise you that. So, what do you say…let’s try to get up, shall we?”

Piers had to leave soon, but he wanted to make sure Melinda got her bearings first. If solving the problem of the nightmare spike would also bring more clues into the fray concerning Melinda’s own health, then everything had just gotten more serious.

Senior Member Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama has a reputation beyond repute Minyrama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items:

“I’m sorry! Please hear me out! I know you won’t believe me, but it’s the truth!”

Oh for Christ’s sake. Vierra gave tugged her arm away from the boy, but he clung to her like he would die had she not stayed to listen to him. Why did he pick her, of all people? There was an old man smoking a cigarette by the fountain, or that woman cradling a cat in her arms like a baby, or that group of teens with their too-low pants and way-too-big t-shirts standing by a car…okay, maybe she now knew why he came to her. She tugged on an earring and waited for his explanation. Of all kids in the world, she was stuck with an innocent one. Great.

“Call me a m-moron, but I… I think …I might have killed the dog.”

And the innocent kid has a double personality that came to life while he slept and killed a dog.

“See, I woke up in a beach this morning and there were three dead dogs with me.”

Now it’s three dogs.

“And the third one was black, I didn’t see well because I was so scared and I ran away quickly. But it looked so much like the terrier.”

Oh for-

Wait. A sadistic double personality that came to life while the person sleeps…Vierra’s eyes widened. This kid, he couldn’t…could he?

“I won’t tell you a crazy story like this if I was pranking you, right? If you won’t believe me, then please just accept my apology. Please, I’m just so scared… ”

Vierra stared at the boy who still clung to her, and watched his hands shake. Gosh darnit, she wished he would stop staring at her like a little puppy waiting to be hit.

“Vierra, this boy has a nightmare.” Tira smiled and licked her lips. “He doesn’t have long to live, this boy. He’s not aware of his nightmare, it’s gonna dominate him soon.”

The raven haired girl tugged on her earring harder, and felt a dull pain spread through her ear. Stupid nightmare was probably telling the truth, they were one being after all…if it were lying she would be able to tell.

“Looks like it wants to play 20 questions with us.”

And it’s a big pain-in-the-rear-end nightmare too.

“What do you want?” Vierra finally murmured, staring into the boy’s eyes. “What do you want from me?”

She didn’t want anyone else to die, not if she could help it. Even if it meant playing 20 questions with some damned nightmare.

Junior Member dailyhyrule is on a distinguished road dailyhyrule's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2009 06:14 PM
    Threads

Day (Raining)
    Items:
    Cigarettes

Alex moved around to try and hear the conversation, as if the bench was all the sudden unimaginably uncomfortable. He hadn't noticed that he'd been drawing a bit too much attention, spending the day smoking, hanging out on a bench in the rain. His sudden jerkiness wasn't making him come off as exactly normal, either. He sigh, slouched a bit into himself, with his arms on either side of the back of the bench, and calmed down. "Great, can't hear a thing from here." At this time the girl turned from the boy and walked off in his general direction, though not directly towards his location.

"Ah. Seems like it's just about over anyway." He had just really taken notice to the hour. He'd been here for much longer than he'd noticed or even intend to. "Ahh, geez, I suppose I should really be on my way, anyhow." As he placed his hands on his knees he saw the boy run up and make a scene. His cries were loud enough to make out words.

Alex paused, eyebrows raised. His instinct was correct after all. A very interesting pair. He wanted to stick around, to see what would happen, but halfway publicly making his way off the bench only to sit back down, he'd just got into town and he wasn't looking to be known as a local crazy. Yet, as the rain padded his face, he decided he really didn't want to get too involved into drama. This was a great day and he wasn't looking to ruin it.

A Nightmare.

Alex froze. A chill washed over him. What? How do you know? Why are you telling to me?

Announcing himself as Theo. It would appear he is master of an ability granting him communication with Nightmares. I would assume he is also aware of our presence.

He hadn't noticed, but Alex had dropped back down onto the bench. His cigarette fell from his lips as Ruiner continued. What?! What the HELL kind of ability is that? To sense and communicate with Nightmares? What else does he know about us? What has he said! Panic pumped into his veins. He went to take another hit of his tobacco when he realized he had lost his cigarette. He pulled another out, cautiously, as to not draw any attention to himself, and lit it, taking a long drag.

Mayhaps my previous notion was not completely accurate. He is not communicating with us, nor multiple Nightmares. Simply the girl.

The girl?! He took a second and exhaled. It calmed Alex's nerves that he may not be found out, yet the fact that the girl, too, had a Nightmare was bothersome enough.

Take note that the boy's Nightmare is initiating a play of wits in the form of a game. He's also making the claim of the boy's life, leaving me to believe he's a-

"Feral. Poor kid. Doesn't concern us though." Alex commented to himself in a hushed whisper. "I'm not sure this is what I wanted out of this day. For sure. But what are ya gonna do?"
    As irrelevant as it is to us, will we be staying?

Of course. Know thy enemy. Guess we will be working today after all. Alex took no time at all to fall into his mood, into the swing of his working persona. He knew what to do next.

Yes, Alexander. Very good.

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Melinda nodded as the techs onhooked her off the machienes and putted her feet on the ground. she wobbled a bit but was soon steady enough to take a few steps, she gave a Piers a rather big smile and then blinked "mister pierce why is there a black oil stain behind you" she pointed at skitters who made a funny noise and hopped forwards and stuck out two tentacles to wrap around her waist aparantly happy that she was aware of him. Melinda giggled and sat on the ground "this blob is cute" she poked skitters playfully, somewhere in her mind was someone yelling at her this should be weird and frighting. But she saw no danger in the black blob on her lap and looked at piers "are there more like him around here?" the techs looked a bit surprised at her reaction.

Senior Member Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2011 02:28 AM
    Threads

Items:Jacket and Umbrella.

As Alaunus rolled himself into the coffee shop, he felt almost all eyes on him as he closed his umbrella and rolled himself up to the counter. His only thought was 'it never changes'.

"Excuse me, may I have a cup of green tea? And if possible, could you put in some ginseng and some lemon in it if possible?" The waiter nodded and went ito the back and after a while, came out with a cup of green tea. "Thank-you very much."

Moving himself to an empty table, he laid down the cup and took a sip. Hidden from everyone else, an eye opened on the palm of his hand holding the cup. "Noth. Please do me a favour and keep an eye on on this area. for me."

"........"

"Okay, Thank-you Noth." The eye on the palm of his hand closed and he continued drinking his tea. Still feeling the stares of those around him. "It never changes, does it?"

~The King has come! To save us from the dark, who could have ever doubt? We have faith~
    set done by Daken

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

“What do you want? What do you want from me?”

Aiden let go of her sleeve, quite embarrassed. Why did she answer that way after he said he just wanted her to accept his apology? Maybe he frightened her?

That was the wrong question. But I want information from you. That is all.

“Sorry. I just… wanted to say sorry.” He should leave. Staying would make things worse.

Think of your questions more. You don’t want to waste them.

“I’ll… just go now.” Aiden waited for a nod or some gesture showing she’d let him go.

My turn. But I am running out of time. So I will ask you three questions, and you may ask me two. Then our game ends.

One. What are your powers, Nightmare?

Two. Who are the Guardians? Give me names, a description of their nightmare, and the location of the place where they serve – Guardian Head Quarters.

Three. If you know of anyone with a Nightmare who went into a coma, a vegetative state, or something similar, what happened to him or her afterwards?

((Theo doesn't know if Vierra is a guardian or not. He's just guessing wildly.))

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items:

"He wants to know of my powers, info on the Guardians, and something about a nightmare going into a coma. Then he says you can ask him two questions." Tira sighed, shrugging her shoulders. She had already grown bored of this game, and it hadn't even started yet. Vierra frowned, biting at her nails. She needed to speak cryptically so the kid wouldn't think she was crazy, but so that the nightmare knew what she wanted to say.

"Stop being so innocent, kid. Did you know that there are some scary people in this world? You ran after me not knowing who I was, or what I could do. I could be some pyromaniac for all you know."

She wasn't about to tell that stupid nightmare their real powers, after all. Fire was a generic ability to possess. Next question, the Guardians...what the hell, she didn't have anything to do with the Guardians now. She had no idea what was going on within their organization and she didn't give a crap.

"I don't know anything about those dead dogs you were talking about, not their names nor their dreams nor their homes."

As for the nightmare with a coma...jeez, why was she trying to save some random kid off the street anyway? And he was still staring at her with those big puppy eyes.

"Stop staring at me like that, I'm not about to smack you across the face. I just don't know any of the answers to your questions."

Vierra hesitated, thinking about her two questions. This kid had a really annoying nightmare. Considering how naive the host was, it wouldn't be odd for the nightmare to be even more cunning and hard-to-deal with than usual, but this was overkill.

"What are you trying to do, kid? And what abilities do you possess to make you think that you can do it?" She finally mumbled with a great amount of displeasure. She gave Tira a rough shove in her mind. Damned nightmare, it was her fault she was in the park to begin with.

Her fault she had to play heroine and save this kid's life.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Just like the first time Melinda saw Skitters, she was not dismayed. Although “cute” would hardly be the word Piers would use to describe Skitters…

“Are there more of them around here?” he echoed Melinda’s question. “Yes, there are. They’re a lot different from Skitters, here, though…and you may have realized that he acts as if he knows you.”

She wasn’t shocked…so it was time to give her a little more to go off of.

“We all know you, Melinda. You seem to have lost your memory just a short while ago. And, for right now, it doesn’t seem to be making a swift comeback. But…the best news is that you have full faculty of your physical movements.”

Piers thought that was enough for now. He would wait and see if she picked up any later inferences that sparked her memory.

He knelt down where she was holding Skitters. Funny…that nightmare had never appeared the least bit playful when he first met him. It seems that submission to a Guardian changed a nightmare’s personality…but not completely. Skitters still had a strong habit of taunting rival nightmares in Piers’s head, usually deriding their speed, but he hadn’t done that in quite a while.

Piers began to think to himself again. “I’d surely take her with me, but there’s no way I can risk all this. If we’re separated, there’s a good chance she won’t recall enough of the layout of the town to know where she is…we have to stay small for now and see if anything here helps her memory.”

“Melinda,” he said, relieved that her memory seemed to be the only casualty in her faculties at the moment, “Skitters and I have to leave for now. Would you like one of these nice young technicians to escort you around HQ?”

Junior Member Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo is a jewel in the rough Shirosaki Hichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2009 07:52 AM
    Threads

Items: None

Demetrius Falcon

They say you can learn about secrets to the hidden crevices of your lives by interpreting the dreams you dream every night. Or in my case, nightmares.

Waking up to a cloudless sky, lying down on a field of roses may not sound like a terrifying nightmare. The fact that waking up alone is what scares the living daylights out of me. I was always alone ever since... since I could remember... which is about three months from now... and I always hit some sort of memory block everytime I try to think deeper into my past.

Standing up, I look around at all the familiar colors, the orange tinge of the sky as the sun sets down to the horizon and the beautiful rose field, looking like a deep, bottomless lake of blood.

Oh wonderful thought, Stephen, I said to myself. I must be fresh out of the psyche ward if I compare everything red I see to blood. You know, it's possible that I could have been in a mental hospital before now. Don't they have the brainwave machinery crap that allows patients to erase their memories if their past life is just too much for them to handle? I pick up a rose among the countless thousands, gazing at its texture and it's devoid of scent. Hmmm... no thorns, either.

I have been having this same dream for the last three months, and apparently, I'm getting sick of it. However, it always end quite nicely because after all this, "she" comes along. And just on cue, I hear the rustle of roses as I watch the most beautiful girl I have ever seen smile at me and call my name.

"Stephen," she said, drooping with sweetness I can't compare with. "I've been waiting"

"I've been waiting too... Rose."

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Jace

Items: N/A

Jace fist hit the table with a mighty thud. His cup jumped and coffee spilled down the table. A few people jumped at the noise.
    "Don't give me that crap!" Jace realised what he had done and composed himself again. His apolagised to those around him and let a waitress clean up the mess. His eyes though never left Sean's.
    "He is mine. His song is mine to hear only." He grumbled in a low voice, his fist clentched again. He relaxed though and swung his head back to laugh while running his hand through his hair. He looked back at Sean. A gleam of madness in his eyes passed before they returned to a calmer form.
    "A creature like you who doesn't have any purpose to his life would never understand where I am coming from. You go day by day existing but not for anything." He grinned and said his next words slowly so they would sink in. "I pity you."

Jace stood up and went over to the waitress he had flirted with before.
    "I'm sorry for the disturbance. I hope I can still get to work here but I feel I will come back another time to see the manager." He smiled softly. "I look forward to seeing you again." The waitress just smiled and nodded. Jace walked to the door and paused a moment before going to walk out. He looked back at Sean. All he could do was shake his head before he walked out of the coffee shop.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

melinda looked at skitters "i think..i think i remember something from before i woke up" she ignored the soft pounding in her head and concetrated a frown marring her forehead. She looked at skittters "alot of these guys...were born one after another very fast, the world was on fire or something and one sat on a throne but they were not nice they were mean very mean". She looked at Piers "there are mean ones of his kind to right?" she was a bit dissapointed but whatever they were they were clearly some kind of species and thinking everyone was nice would be naive. she stood holding skitters and looked at piers "let me go with you, something tells me i should go with you" skitters squirmed a bit in her arms while dripping on teh floor.

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2010 05:14 PM
    Threads

Items: Sword handle

Ika Looked around he had been there for about half an hour or more. He sat up, looked around, sighed, then walked out the door. he was disappointed that The girl had not shown up. he looked around again then sank back into the ground as he headed off toward the HQ.

Never Give In, Never Give up.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Stop being so innocent, kid. Did you know that there are some scary people in this world?”

But he knew scary people in the world exist. (His mom, for instance.) And with all that’s been happening to him recently, Aiden feared he was becoming one of them.

“You ran after me not knowing who I was, or what I could do. I could be some pyromaniac for all you know."

But what was so wrong in approaching a stranger for help? Nobody minded if you asked them for directions, right? Everyone… had some goodness in them, right?

"I don't know anything about those dead dogs you were talking about, not their names nor their dreams nor their homes."

Okay… that was weird…

"Stop staring at me like that, I'm not about to smack you across the face. I just don't know any of the answers to your questions."

Okay. He looked away, to her right. The woman cradling the cat was walking towards them. Aiden liked cats.

"What are you trying to do, kid? And what abilities do you possess to make you think that you can do it?"

The name of the game is not twenty questions. It’s Truth.

“I’m stronger than I look!” His hands balled to fists defiantly.

I gave you a truth, showing you I will give you my honest word. You answered one question, fair enough, and then gave me two ‘I-don’t-knows’.

“I already found clues. I can run around all day and not get tired.”

It should be fair that I answer ‘I don’t know’ to your other questions. But this is an unfair world. So my answer is: I’m going to destroy this kid’s consciousness. And there are many ways to do that.

And your correct question was: what should I do to stop you from doing so?

Tell me, knowing that a dying child and his honest nightmare put their willing trust in you for help, all you could do is say ‘I don’t know’. Don’t you feel even slightly uneasy?

“I’m just trying to find out why… why everything’s so weird. Why do these things happen to me?”

And you will soon chase him away. He already feels he’s bothered you too much.

Well. It doesn’t matter. Look at his eyes closely, because the next time you see them, you might recognize me.

“I’m sorry I asked you. I’ll just go away, like you want.”

Naïve child.

Aiden ran, not caring where he went.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items:

“I’m stronger than I look!” His hands balled to fists defiantly. “I already found clues. I can run around all day and not get tired. I’m just trying to find out why… why everything’s so weird. Why do these things happen to me?”

Vierra sighed in frustration. She was no good with being 'gentle', especially with naive kids like this one. And now he's about to run, run from her and blindly chase after something he will never grasp without help. As innocent and naive as he was, the kid wasn't bad, didn't deserve to be shut at the back of his consciousness for the rest of his life.

“I’m sorry I asked you. I’ll just go away, like you want.”

She had to think fast. Her choices were, to either let the kid run and never see him again, knowing that his nightmare had become the dominant one but choosing to ignore the burn of guilt in her, or to help the kid realize what he possessed.

Vierra also knew not to just break it to him. What would she say, 'Kid, the reason you act weirdly while you sleep is because you have a separate entity that was born from your fears. It's about to take over your body and close you within your own mind for the rest of your life.'

Not.

So she chose the path that she will probably regret later on. She ran after him, damn him for being such a fast runner, and grabbed his hand. Because she remembered that day she woke up sitting on a bench in the middle of nowhere, her clothes covered in blood and a lifeless corpse of a woman in her late twenties sprawled out in front of her. She remember running from the scene, horrified. Her memories got her into this mess, and they're going to keep her in it.

"...what's your name, kid?" She finally said, realizing that she had been calling him 'kid' this whole time. She also realized that he might not want to stick around a potential pyromaniac. Vierra narrowed her eyes, and looked at the ground, keeping her hand on his arm.

"Listen, I'm not a very enjoyable person to stick around with, I think you've already noticed. ...but I think I can help you find what you're looking for. If you want to refuse, that's fine."

She released her grip on his arm, waiting for his response. A checklist of reasons why she had offered to help him appeared in her mind. Guilt. Memories. Truth.

And because she knew what fear was.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information