AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2nd Season

Senior Member BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 11:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2nd Season

3 years have passed, and the first episode of the second season of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" is finally out. So do you guys think it was worth the wait?

I certainly think it was.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, first of all I have to say that it's about time that Haruhi Suzumiya finally came back for its second season; more than likely due to those evil people that drew it out for all this time to squeeze out every little penny that they could. >.< It's been a long, long three years in the waiting, but at least the many fans of one of the most popular animes in near a decade can breathe easy for the moment.

-Relinquishes a deep breath- M'kay, now that I've gotten that little bit off my chest, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with how well the first episode of the second season played itself out. It seemed to follow very closely with the manga without losing the comedic, yet serious free-flowing atmosphere that makes Haruhi so addicting. Here's hoping that the rest of the season follows along with just as much to offer and more.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

Can't wait to watch it.

-Relinquishes a deep breath- M'kay, now that I've gotten that little bit off my chest, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with how well the first episode of the second season played itself out. It seemed to follow very closely with the manga without losing the comedic, yet serious free-flowing atmosphere that makes Haruhi so addicting. Here's hoping that the rest of the season follows along with just as much to offer and more.
    So this is a remake of the 1st season that follows more closely to the manga?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by alextchon View Post
    Can't wait to watch it.

So this is a remake of the 1st season that follows more closely to the manga?
    No. First of all, the anime is not based on a manga. It is based on a novel series. Second, this season will be covering the 2nd novel. The first season covered the first novel (containing scenes from some of the others, just for space).

I think it's about damn time Kyoani finally got around to it. I do think that the fact that they didn't really market the second season at all was a big mistake, nor was their any announcement that it was going to be airing. They happened to be re-airing the first season, and the second season just began out of no where. From what I've been reading, it threw 2ch into a panic, which is pretty funny.

I'll check it out once some subs are available.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

No. First of all, the anime is not based on a manga. It is based on a novel series. Second, this season will be covering the 2nd novel. The first season covered the first novel (containing scenes from some of the others, just for space).
    Thanks.

I'll check it out once some subs are available.
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link but Live-Evil already subbed it.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alextchon View Post
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link but Live-Evil already subbed it.
    Yup, it's already been subbed and linked to many well-known anime websites. Quite quickly, I must say. -Blink-

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Heart Rainbow Ribbon Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2014 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sev121993 PSN ID: sev121993 Steam ID: sev121993

IT'S OUT?!?!?! Wow, talk about catching me off guard, THIS IS AWESOME! So gonna go watch it now, then I'll post what I think.

Watched: Wow, this was an awesome first episode, I've been waiting so long... And is it just me, or was asahina really cute this episode? I mean, REALLY.
    Last edited by .Sev; 05-21-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Senior Member BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 11:29 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sev121993 View Post
    ... And is it just me, or was asahina really cute this episode? I mean, REALLY.
    ...like she got her sleeping face poked by her older self lol

I found little Haruhi rather adorable as well

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BDNguyen View Post
    I found little Haruhi rather adorable as well
    Me too. Alot of cuteness on this episode...

Senior Member yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts 006 - Charizard Gurren Dai Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2011 05:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: omega yakman

I just finished watching the first episode. I didn't even know it was out, but I was watching the new episode of K-on, and there it was on the guys account. I have to say, I am very happy about the new episode. Not only was it really good, but this means there will be new Haruhi episodes.

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    Threads

I loved the episode, took way to long to come out with the second season, but I'm certainly glad it is out.

Also, John Smith.

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

Oh damn, that's good stuff haha. I never thought they'd make another season but nice!! Good looking =]

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Xieshunnuan View Post
    Oh damn, that's good stuff haha. I never thought they'd make another season but nice!! Good looking =]
    They announced the second season two years ago, in the spring of 2007.

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    They announced the second season two years ago, in the spring of 2007.
    ^^; I wasn't so active online with the gaming/anime watching or searching due to some failure at getting my network running on vista. I failed lol, epikly =D and k makes it epik!

Senior Member jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2009 09:49 PM
    Threads

knowing Bandai will probally get this, so I will wait for a DVD release
    how the heck am I suposed to get the image up
    avatar- Superbi Squalo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Senior Member mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2010 12:17 AM
    Threads

i just saw the first episode and it was pretty good. i'll have to let my friends know about it.
    Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgment. Like a mental illness. - Haruhi Suzumiya

Junior Member Iluvatar is infamous around these parts Iluvatar is infamous around these parts Iluvatar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2009 04:01 PM
    Threads

Does anyone know when the next episode will come out?
    Last edited by Iluvatar; 06-16-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
    Does anyone knows when the next episode will come out?
    I KNOW. it's been like, a few weeks...

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's not that hard to understand...

The second season is airing within the first season. They're re-airing the first season in chronological order, and putting the "2nd season" episodes in their chronological positions within the "first season".

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    It's not that hard to understand...

The second season is airing within the first season. They're re-airing the first season in chronological order, and putting the "2nd season" episodes in their chronological positions within the "first season".
    Wow lol, totally forgot they were re-airing the first season...

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I must watch it right now! OwO I cannot believe they made another one already xD and I didn't know about it! -goes out to see it-
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

Junior Member xXKisekiXx is on a distinguished road xXKisekiXx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2009 10:12 PM
    Threads

*gasp*
    its back!!! 8D
    gah band camp kills

Pearl City highschool, chargers ftw
    2100 hokiekie street , pearl city, hawaii 96782 ^_^

OMG
    mah house!!:

Junior Member death by pocky is on a distinguished road death by pocky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2009 07:59 AM
    Threads

yah um does anyone no wen the next episode is coming out?

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

I just saw the second epiode

It was worth the wait. However, I hope they don't take this long for all the episodes.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono1219 View Post
    I just saw the second epiode

It was worth the wait. However, I hope they don't take this long for all the episodes.
    Well the point is to watch it in it's chronological place within the series, which is how it's airing. In order to properly view the "2nd season", you have to watch the first season over again. At times there will be older episodes between the new ones, and other times there will not be.

Closed Thread

Thread Information