Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
Storm Strife, I recognized that part. You effectively covered the people with problems that can be fixed or worked through, and the people who don't really have problems at all. But you're missing the main counter point I've been trying to hammer across: not all problems can be fixed or worked through. What do you propose for those people?
Ah, now we're getting somewhere.

This is a tricky thing to decide. On the one hand it may be possible to resolve these problems. It may take time and a hell of a lot of effort, but it's possible they'll get better.

On the other hand, they may have spent so much time trying, that it's likely that suicide could be the only option.

So, do these people 'give up' and turn to suicide, or do they keep trying?

I've given it some thought, and I cannot give a specific answer. Not because I lack the experience, or the knowledge. But because it all depends on the lengths a person will go to in trying to get better. Someone weak-willed may give up easily. But someone else may spend their entire life going through the healing process, doing whatever they think will work. Will it? I don't know. That answer lies with the person.