AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think She's To Old

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Do You Think She's To Old

Heard in the news that some woman age 66 is having a child. News clip
    Do you think she's to old to be having kids? Do you think a woman over the age of 40 is to old to have kids? What do you think of a 66 year old woman having a child?

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

My question is...how? I mean, didn't she go through Menopause?

Well, I worry about the kid. That lady will die soon.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

One Volt Battery High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2009 11:53 AM
    Threads

Although it is true that at age 66 she will be able to teach her child many lessons, the article says "when she is 85, her child will still be a teenager". I think it is selfish on her part to have a child at that age because she will most likely die when the child is still relatively young and even if she makes it to be 90 or 95, the kid will still be in their 20's having to take care of their old mother.

I would not want to grow up having to take care of my mom for nearly all of my life. My mom had me when she was 37, but I was still able to enjoy going outside and playing tennis with her or going to the beach and swimming with her. By the time that kid is age 10 the mother will be 76 and her strength will already be weakening. I doubt she will ever have the chance to spend that sort of quality time with her child.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    My question is...how? I mean, didn't she go through Menopause?

Well, I worry about the kid. That lady will die soon.
    Um....In Vitro.
    She got pregnant using In Vitro fertilization.

@High Risk: Well that's a bit of a harsh way of putting it. But what if the woman feels that she has the energy and is capable of doing it? As it stated in the video she felt her body was that of a 30 year old and if that is the case and she is willing to put as much energy as she can into the child. Then why should that be wrong and selfish?
    Last edited by Rem Nightfall; 05-18-2009 at 06:33 PM.

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 02:48 PM
    Threads

It's none of my business. As long as the old bitty lives until the kiddo is 18, I really don't give a sh*t.
    ~ Aura ~

"If you are near to the dark
    I will tell you 'bout the sun
    You are here, no escape
    From my visions of the world
    You will cry all alone
    But it does not mean a thing to me ..."

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hm.

Well, I personally wouldn't do it, but if her doctor sees no issue with it, then I suppose it's her choice. A woman having children in her forties doesn't seem to be an issue much anymore - one of my mother's friends had her first child at 43, and everything turned out alright - but at 66? No thank you.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    Um....In Vitro.
    She got pregnant using In Vitro fertilization.
    Ah. She is having the child at her age on purpose? That's a rather silly thing to do.
    Last edited by Señor Nobody; 05-18-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

One Volt Battery High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@High Risk: Well that's a bit of a harsh way of putting it. But what if the woman feels that she has the energy and is capable of doing it? As it stated in the video she felt her body was that of a 30 year old and if that is the case and she is willing to put as much energy as she can into the child. Then why should that be wrong and selfish?
    Because I know what it is like to have a relatively old mother. My mother is already approaching age 60, and I am still a teenager. I see her aging and losing strength every day. Do you know how much that hurts me inside?

It doesn't matter how she feels now. The body can age very quickly. My grandmother, at age 76 was able to do all of her housework, including picking up the couch to vacuum and walking one to two miles to the grocery store, buying groceries, and walking back home. By age 80 she had lost almost all of her strength and could barely walk.

If she is capable to raise a child, fine. I am not one to say "no, you can't do that". My point is that I feel for that child.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by High Risk View Post
    Because I know what it is like to have a relatively old mother. My mother is already approaching age 60, and I am still a teenager. I see her aging and losing strength every day. Do you know how much that hurts me inside?

It doesn't matter how she feels now. The body can age very quickly. My grandmother, at age 76 was able to do all of her housework, including picking up the couch to vacuum and walking one to two miles to the grocery store, buying groceries, and walking back home. By age 80 she had lost almost all of her strength and could barely walk.

If she is capable to raise a child, fine. I am not one to say "no, you can't do that". My point is that I feel for that child.
    My mom is 60 and I have a 16 year old brother whom she has to take care of still. I'm 19. I mean despite my mom getting old, I see no problem in helping her out. If I didn't want to help her out or anything I feel that would be selfish. I find not wanting my mom to weaken and see her weakening and not wanting to help her around as far more selfish then her giving birth and doing what she wants. She gave me life. And I am going to help her as much as I can. Age has no factor in this. My mom gave me life, I give my mom support and help.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My mom is 60 and I have a 16 year old brother whom she has to take care of still. I'm 19. I mean despite my mom getting old, I see no problem in helping her out. If I didn't want to help her out or anything I feel that would be selfish. I find not wanting my mom to weaken and see her weakening and not wanting to help her around as far more selfish then her giving birth and doing what she wants. She gave me life. And I am going to help her as much as I can. Age has no factor in this. My mom gave me life, I give my mom support and help.
    This has nothing to do with whether the person will help their mom or not. Of course they will help their mom. I always help my mother around because she is getting older and I would do anything to help her. I don't feel cheated by my mom, because I think she had me at a perfectly fine age.

But age 66? I'm not saying it should be outlawed but would you do the same thing? What if she gets sick in her 70's? The kid will still be very young. Something about it just doesn't seem right to me.

Member Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 10:53 AM
    Threads

The older the woman is,the higher risk the child has of being born with a birth defect.

So yes, she is way too old for a child.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by High Risk View Post
    This has nothing to do with whether the person will help their mom or not. Of course they will help their mom. I always help my mother around because she is getting older and I would do anything to help her. I don't feel cheated by my mom, because I think she had me at a perfectly fine age.

But age 66? I'm not saying it should be outlawed but would you do the same thing? What if she gets sick in her 70's? The kid will still be very young. Something about it just doesn't seem right to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Guy View Post
    The older the woman is,the higher risk the child has of being born with a birth defect.

So yes, she is way too old for a child.
    Eh he. I never made my argument clear. I mean yes I agree go her, go for it. If this is something you want and you do. Then it should be okay.

But I on a natural point see, nature made you stop having children for a reason and you shouldn't defy that part of nature. So in this case yes she is to old.
    But go her, she is getting something she wants.

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

I really don't think its right for a 66 year old to have a baby but i guess its up to her.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, way to old.

In reality, a sixty year old having a baby is not "common" for her age and well seems wrong. I guess its her choice though and she does what she feels is right.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gah. Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2009 03:26 PM
    Threads

I'm wondering if she'll croak during or before labor.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i dont think its good for her or baby >_<

i mean most parents worry having kids at 40 becuase when the baby turns 20 thye'll be 60 =/

but hey that milestones passed in this case, i would be impressed if that kid has a mother at 20 ¬_¬

how is she guna take care of it D: in my opinion this may constitute child abuse

(yeah call me OTT <3)

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Jeezy Creezy kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2009 08:41 PM
    Threads

to old is to old bro

set made by someone very dear to me, who i doubt you know.

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

Sarah was the wife of Abraham. She gave birth at 91.

IMPO- yes I think the woman is too old.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-18-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nature makes a woman stop giving birth at a certain age and I think that should tell a woman no.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

^ this

It's too old. Sure she can be as active as she wants, but how long will it last? Eventually age will catch up and she won't be able to raise the child. I'll be surprised if she can give birth without complications, what with her whole body weakened from age.

My mother had me at 38, so obviously she is now 58. She's still strong and active, but I know that when I'm 30-ish I may have to start taking care.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If she can take care of it, even with defects I don't see why not. At least she's not having 8 kids.

No one cares about the Octomom anymore.

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

Why do people act like these things are big deals? I know old ladies who still menstruate.

If she is still active and agile than there's no problem.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-18-2009 at 08:30 PM.

...there's a way. YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo has a reputation beyond repute YujiNaruo's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2011 04:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    Why do people act like these things are big deals? I know old ladies who still menstruate.

If she is still active and agile than there's no problem.
    There's more to consider here than just if she's "active and agile". There's an increased chance of birth defects, her lifespan, etc. etc. I know some pretty active and agile women who are much younger, and they wouldn't exactly make good mothers.

edit for: not to say she won't make a good mother, but agility and activity levels aren't the first things people usually are concerned with in cases like this. mmm, my foot, it's tasty.
    Well, that was educational.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Katagiri View Post
    ^ this

It's too old. Sure she can be as active as she wants, but how long will it last? Eventually age will catch up and she won't be able to raise the child. I'll be surprised if she can give birth without complications, what with her whole body weakened from age.
    my point exactly Dx

to me this constitudes child abuse

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

I don't think a woman is too old for children once she reaches 40. 66 is quite a bit different altogether, though, for the reasons HighRisk already went into.

My mother had me at 35, not very old at all, and even I sometimes wonder if that was a little late. I'm almost 20, she's nearing 60. It's a bit scary considering the possibility that she might be gone by the time I reach the age she was when she had me.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Closed Thread

Thread Information