AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Saber Marionette J

Junior Member OtaruMamiya has a spectacular aura about OtaruMamiya has a spectacular aura about OtaruMamiya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2009 07:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Saber Marionette J

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else even seen this anime?

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    Threads

I've seen both Saber Marionette J and Saber Marionette J to X. These shows were aired roughly 9-12 years ago here in the Philippines. Considering the huge amount of anime being aired in the country i must say that both shows were well received. J to X never proved quite as popular as J, i think it did well mainly because of the fanbase that J (which was aired first) gathered during its time.

I'm never a fan of harems tho... The mid-late 90s were good years, during that era shows such as Gundams W & G & X, Tenchi Muyo, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vision of Escaflowne, Samurai X and other "better" ones were being aired (or have been aired, or will be aired). That being said, i never really became a fan of Saber Marionette. Like i said, both were well received... but more people were interested in the "better" shows.

Let's see.... by the time Saber Marionette J was being aired i was more caught up with Ninku and You're Under Arrest.

Senior Member Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 05:02 PM
    Threads

I've seen this anime before. It was pretty good (I love Lime!), but I didn't really get into it that much.

Senior Member agiup is infamous around these parts agiup's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 10:38 PM
    Threads

yeah its cool, lime is so kawaiii

Senior Member jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2009 09:49 PM
    Threads

I want to see this anime
    how the heck am I suposed to get the image up
    avatar- Superbi Squalo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Member Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2009 12:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Need to check

I watched this anime when I was 8 or 9, it was a marathon. It was that period in my life where I didn't really think of these as "anime". I used to live in Argentina btw.. so the stigma on anime was non-existent. At this age I watched pokemon and also evangelion (Yes, young but had good taste :P). I watched it by accident, but I was so caught by it. 10 years later, I decided I wanted to see it end, so I got it. I found it to be not as mature as I expected, but it is probably one of the most emotional series I've seen (Apart from anime such as Clannad). The story is very well done, and what is probably one of the most amazing aspects is the character development and the way that the creator portrayed these thinking marionettes. it's a very underrated anime, and a very deep one if you take the time to understand it. Also, the Dubs in Spanish are amazing (Amazing as it sounds, I found them better than the japanese, although this is the only case of a dub being better than the original), and the seyiu that does lime is a great one.. I forgot her name, but she is one of my favorites.

"Saber marionette J again" wasn't very good though.

Also, watch Saber Marionette R... it has some semi-hardcore ecchi (breast fondling in a sexual and perverse way, not in the comical way), which kinda sucks, but the marionettes are really cool. Lime has the same voice actress, and she's really cutely drawn. And it has some really amazing scenes. It's awesome.

Senior Member Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2009 05:54 AM
    Threads

I've seen J, J to X, and R. I've not seen J Again unfortunately.

My Rate Your Music Page
    PSN: Lordwindowlicker XBL: Lwindowlicker Steam: Lordwindowlicker

Kid, pick up with another, some will even drop you, but hearts are built like rubber, so you'll be alright.

Member Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Unless you liked the series beyond what it is (like if it's a childhoond anime, or you love the marionettes, not literally of course), then it's not something that is really worth watching (Edit: I mean "Saber Marionette J Again" strictly... the other ones are very good by themselves).
    Last edited by Ipsilon V; 06-20-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Senior Member Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^^ I disagree completely.

What then would you say is a series that is "worth watching"?

My Rate Your Music Page

Kid, pick up with another, some will even drop you, but hearts are built like rubber, so you'll be alright.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

nonono you get me wrong. I meant strictly J again. Saber Marionette is extremely underrated. It has a very original story and setup. The character development is very well done, and it has some of the coolest and most likable characters I've seen. And the idea of marionettes is just plain awesome. But Saber Marionette J Again is not very good, specially not compared to the original or R. I liked it because it continued the story.. and I would enjoy anything with the three marionettes in it, but yeah..

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright, now I understand. I've never seen J Again (as previously stated) so I cannot comment. Oh, and I agree.

My Rate Your Music Page

Junior Member Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 02:59 PM
    Threads

There's a copy of Saber Marionette J to X at my job. It's a bit pricey, but I'm sure I could barrow it and watch it.

Anyone suggest I watch this? Or should I watch J first, then go back to J to X?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

J to X is too much of a continuation... And the middle of that series is somewhat hard to watch because it keeps a quite constant depressive level. If possible, get your hands on J, it's both the best season, and the easiest one to watch. J to X is very good, but it might put you off on watching the first season which is much more lively and is actually better.
    Last edited by Ipsilon V; 06-20-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Junior Member Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 02:59 PM
    Threads

Thanks for the information. I'll look around and see if I can find Saber Marionette J for a decent price.

Closed Thread

Thread Information