AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Yu Yu Hakusho: Shisenjou no Aria?

Junior Member Anomura is on a distinguished road Anomura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2010 04:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Yu Yu Hakusho: Shisenjou no Aria?

In the Yu Yu Hakusho section there is a song titled "Shisenjou no Aria", aria of my eye. While some people debate over the correct reading, only a very few people refer to this song as "Shisenjou no Aria". The reading recognized by most people is "Manazashi no Aria", translated as aria of a glance.

PS - There IS a song called "Shisenjou no Aria", but it's a 70s Jpop song and has nothing to do with YYH.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

The poster of the lyric did comment about it here.

The title of the song is given as 視線上のアリア. It doesn't say 'manazashi' if you read the kanji, but then again there are times when one kanji is given a completely different reading in furigana, a literature style called the figurative.

The only way to prove that 視線上 is read 'manazashi' is through scans of the booklet. I have checked with anison.info and the song corresponds to しせんじょう and not まなざし. Added to my own comment to the LJ post I linked above, where I suspect it is a smart pun, I am in favour of it being called 'Shisenjou no Aria', unless you direct me to the scans.

...so that you know where you can find me

Closed Thread

Thread Information