AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why so much hate?

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, our industrializing friends in the far east - India and China - pollute far more than we do.

Though when it's windy, I can smell the cows 50 miles away. They supposedly capture that methane and use it for electricity.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by revile View Post
    No, our industrializing friends in the far east - India and China - pollute far more than we do.
    While the 80% thing is clearly an internet statistic pulled out of someone's colon at some point, America is pretty bad in per capita terms (although nowhere near the worst). There is more Greenhouse gases coming from China, but there are a hell of a lot more people in China. And China only fairly recently passed the US. And I'm pretty sure India, while high in absolute terms, still releases less greenhouse gases as a whole then the US, even with the difference in population.

Edit: Here we go, links:

List of Countries by Carbon Dioxide Emissions America = #1 (22%) but this is from 2004 and is no longer very accurate, China is now #1

List of Countries by Carbon Dioxide Emissions Per Capita America = #10.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure China has since taken the #1 spot in absolute terms. - http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...9/china.usnews

This site says that India will take the #2 spot in absolute terms from the US... in 2050. - http://www.domain-b.com/environment/...04_carbon.html
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 05-13-2009 at 01:32 AM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2010 05:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1234 5678 91011

what i ment to say is america is the contry that uses the most oil and use of cars. and thats bad right?
    Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Wowzabunny

boopaloop! IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2012 02:03 PM
    I live in South Africa, Kempton Park, Birchliegh
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mississippibaby View Post
    In sociology class last week we had a discusion on why so many countries seem to dislike america. During this discusion I heard two good theories one was that america is too involved in other countries business and are viewed as arrogant and overly self-rightous and in some cases they are trying to change the way other countries are ran. Another person in my class stated that maybe other countries that are religious based see america as a land of evil because we do alot of things that goes against their religion and they dont want our 'corruption' to spread over to them. These are all just theories that were brought up in class that I found interresting But I want to know whay you think so many other people or countries seem to dislike america?
    The reason for this is not because of 'corruption' or because of americas arrogance, each country has its own corruption whether america is part of it or not, the reason why other countries dislike america is because of their millitary power, its more a fear then anything else, and when people fear things they try to get rid of it.

Millionaire Campaign:
    Making millionaires out of everyone

This was unknowingly
    brought to you
    by .Elmer
    and knowingly
    sponsored by Baka Baka!!!

avi made by my sweet cousin .Elmer

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Ryushin View Post
    The reason for this is not because of 'corruption' or because of americas arrogance, each country has its own corruption whether america is part of it or not, the reason why other countries dislike america is because of their millitary power, its more a fear then anything else, and when people fear things they try to get rid of it.
    Its the military alright but not because of fear. Its because the military showed them hate and their natural response is hate. If someone hits you you're going to be naturally angry and want to hit them back. Lets say they hit an innocent friend of yours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre) without provocation just because they knew someone who had done the other person harm. You're going to be angry and want to get revenge.
    Hatred begets hatred.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

[noblesse.oblige] Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2010 08:51 PM
    Threads

The United States think of themselves as the world police. Any country that allows guns to be wielded by any person as long as they have a permit, in my book, deserves a little reconsidering. I mean seriously ... there's a limit to how much freedom someone can have. And then you wonder how some cities have such high crime rates.

Senior Member Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2012 11:16 PM
    Threads

To quote Daniel Tosh-
    "Survivor. That's a game show. That's a GAME in our contry. We go to places and we try to survive where people already live! 'I've been here 60 years, can I have some bread?' Pfft. Noooo. I don't have my cell phone! This is really hard."

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Takizawa View Post
    The United States think of themselves as the world police. Any country that allows guns to be wielded by any person as long as they have a permit, in my book, deserves a little reconsidering. I mean seriously ... there's a limit to how much freedom someone can have. And then you wonder how some cities have such high crime rates.
    As far as I'm aware you can own a gun in Canada and they dont have nearly the same murder rate. Again it goes back to what environment you grew up in. A lot of people in America live in a hateful and fearful environment and so that's all they can react with.

[noblesse.oblige] Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa has a reputation beyond repute Takizawa's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    As far as I'm aware you can own a gun in Canada and they dont have nearly the same murder rate. Again it goes back to what environment you grew up in. A lot of people in America live in a hateful and fearful environment and so that's all they can react with.
    Yes you can own a gun in Canada. It is however much harder to get and you can not carry it concealed in public ANYWHERE!!!! Also, never in my life have I met someone who owned a gun here.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yes you can own a gun in Canada. It is however much harder to get and you can not carry it concealed in public ANYWHERE!!!! Also, never in my life have I met someone who owned a gun here.
    I still don't think that the murder rate is equal to the ability to own a gun. I mean if guns were legalized where I live I doubt everyone would go round and start killing each other. You can buy knifes in most countries but the murder rates aren't particularly high in many of them.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Because we are the best around, nothing's ever going to keep us down. That means you Japan (points)...

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

An argument with no factual basis. I can factually point to a number of industrialized nations whose violence rates skyrocketed after severe restriction or outright banning of firearms, and it is accurate to say that by and large some of the most violent places in the United States are those with the most restrictions on firearms ownership and usage (cities, by the way, tend to be pretty high on that list of places that have greater restrictions) and the places with the greatest representation by gangs.

If you want to argue on the basis of a overdeveloped sense of entitlement spawning from the 50-60s, long decades of poor attempts at economic planning by federal and state governments, terrible misuse of monies by said governments, a gov't sponsored 'war on drugs', overly-harsh restrictions on businesses that make it less profitable to A) stay in the country, and B) take as good care of their employees as they used to, or any number of psychological/sociological reasons contributing to higher overall violence rates in the United States... those are arguments I can get behind. They have at least some empirical grounding. Blaming violence on gun laws demonstrates a pretty blatant lack of thought and examination given to the subject. If you wanted to pick one thing to blame, blanket prohibitions on most drugs would be a much, much better start.

Try again.

Bad Memory
    Last edited by Forgotten Show; 06-22-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Forsaken Beer Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Beer Beer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 09:39 PM
    Threads

I think it is because they mess in other peoples business too much and act like a hand of justice etc.
    I personally do not hate America nor their people but I hate their politics and the leaders.
    We (meaning my country and kin) have suffered plenty from the "righteous" deeds done by them so I know what I am talking about.
    My job?Well being drunk.
    What do I do in my free time?In my free time I'm being drunk.
    Favorite place?The bar.
    Favorite drink?Heineken ftw!
    I don't brawl but be careful I might bite...

Was called Forsaken One once...

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In response to Takizawa,

Statistics show that areas with high rates of gun ownership, concealed carry, or even mandatory gun ownership - counties in Georgia and I believe Colorado have this - crime goes down.

Criminals reconsider when they know there's a good chance their victim may be armed. Or that someone else nearby might be armed.

Here's someone who backs up what I just said, even though I know it's correct...always nice to have a source, right?

http://www.american-partisan.com/cols/blanks/081400.htm

Here's a debate from Time that shows both sides of the story, if you're interested.

http://www.time.com/time/community/t...ttr070198.html

I can provide other sources if necessary.

Her nickname at age 11. Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2010 05:44 PM
    Threads

Ah, I've been wondering that too.

After reading some of the posts, I really just think that it's because of our "victories" throughout history. Let's look through the eyes of the countries that were on the receiving end.
    Some of the hate might stem from Bush Jr's term also.

Member KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2010 09:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As far as I know the average English person doesn't exactly "hate" America, they just have a sort of mild resentment toward them. I guess because I live in London and I see lots of tourists when I travel into the city, and the Americans are usually walking around talking very loudly and typically being quite rude. Also no offence but that stereotype of overweight Americans seems to hold true so far, since every single American I've seen IRL has been pretty fat...

Of course, I'm sure some are smart enough to realise that not every single American is loud and obnoxious, but unfortunately that's the general image that the tourists project.

However on the other end of the spectrum, there are people who love Americans. England in general isn't that much of an American-hating nation.
    "Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting."

Junior Member Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:18 AM
    Threads

People hate us? I guess we do stick our nose in other countries affairs, but I've always looked at it as us just trying to help out. I'll quote a man by the name of Mu LaFlaga (spelling?) from Gundam Seed. "If you have the power to make a difference, use it." It went something like that anyway. I understand some countries don't want our help, but just like a friend who might have a drinking or smoking problem, they may not want your help, but that doesn't mean they don't need it. I guess we do tend to think we are the worlds saviour, we could learn to stay out of affairs that need not be addressed, or that we really aren't needed in, or at least wait till we may be asked for help.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Looking at all the arguments above, I will take a hit to my ego, as we can see that I got "told". I don't know what the statistics are, I still cant support a country that allows people to carry concealed weapons in public, whether it plays a factor in crime rates or not.

boopaloop! IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2012 02:03 PM
    I live in South Africa, Kempton Park, Birchliegh
    Threads

Looking at all the arguments above, I will take a hit to my ego, as we can see that I got "told". I don't know what the statistics are, I still cant support a country that allows people to carry concealed weapons in public, whether it plays a factor in crime rates or not.
    people are going to carry concealed weapons wheather the country allows them to or not, its just if the country doesn't allow it there will be more trouble and more work for the police, almost half of the countries people will sit in jail because of this, in todays world protecting oneself and ones loved ones is most important.

Millionaire Campaign:
    Making millionaires out of everyone

This was unknowingly
    brought to you
    by .Elmer
    and knowingly
    sponsored by Baka Baka!!!

avi made by my sweet cousin .Elmer

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Star Mist View Post
    People hate us? I guess we do stick our nose in other countries affairs, but I've always looked at it as us just trying to help out. I'll quote a man by the name of Mu LaFlaga (spelling?) from Gundam Seed. "If you have the power to make a difference, use it." It went something like that anyway. I understand some countries don't want our help, but just like a friend who might have a drinking or smoking problem, they may not want your help, but that doesn't mean they don't need it. I guess we do tend to think we are the worlds saviour, we could learn to stay out of affairs that need not be addressed, or that we really aren't needed in, or at least wait till we may be asked for help.
    Taking care of the refugees is helping out. Sending supplies to the civilians is helping out. Sending armed forces without being asked to is NOT helping out!
    Let me put it this way: When I'm arguing with a girl in public and some guy tries to "defend" her, my natural response is taking the nearest object and seriously injuring him. That's pretty much what the American government is doing to the rest of the world, without being asked to or actually knowing who the real culprit is. And the victims have nothing to injure them with.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    And the victims have nothing to injure them with.
    I would like to see examples of why you believe this. If you can only think of a couple out of many interventions, I'd reconsider the wisdom of your statement and note what would appear to be a trend. I readily acknowledge that our government has many failings, as do We the People for not rectifying these mistakes, but the vast majority of the U.S. butting into folks' businesses has more to do with protecting American interests than it does general good will. I'm alright with this in theory, but our government's generally not that good at execution. Ever the failing of our government, really.

Bad Memory

Junior Member Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist has a reputation beyond repute Star Mist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    Taking care of the refugees is helping out. Sending supplies to the civilians is helping out. Sending armed forces without being asked to is NOT helping out!
    Let me put it this way: When I'm arguing with a girl in public and some guy tries to "defend" her, my natural response is taking the nearest object and seriously injuring him. That's pretty much what the American government is doing to the rest of the world, without being asked to or actually knowing who the real culprit is. And the victims have nothing to injure them with.
    Well if he was defending the person you were arguing with, of coarse you wouldn't like it, and trying to hurt them for it would only escalate the situation further. Yes people should know when to stay out of others business, but they should also know when to get involved. They wouldn't sit back and watch you hurt the girl, at least I wouldn't, but I guess thats what makes me American...

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

I would like to see examples of why you believe this. If you can only think of a couple out of many interventions, I'd reconsider the wisdom of your statement and note what would appear to be a trend.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

I readily acknowledge that our government has many failings, as do We the People for not rectifying these mistakes, but the vast majority of the U.S. butting into folks' businesses has more to do with protecting American interests than it does general good will.
    That is true. That was always true. Not just for the US, but for any country ever.

Well if he was defending the person you were arguing with, of coarse you wouldn't like it, and trying to hurt them for it would only escalate the situation further. Yes people should know when to stay out of others business, but they should also know when to get involved. They wouldn't sit back and watch you hurt the girl, at least I wouldn't, but I guess thats what makes me American...
    Let me give you an example: Yugoslav wars (as something I witnessed). There were crimes against humanity on all sides; I know a woman who was raped by Croats and whose son was executed in front of her in Vukovar (yet the western media claim that this massacre was caused solely by Serbs). I know many Serbs whose families were the victims of Albanian war crimes. I also know of Croatian and Bosniak women who were raped and tortured by Serbs. Now, I don't know what the claims of the western media are, but the truth is: Serbs were seeking unity (although it didn't appear so at the time, Milošević probably didn't do it for unity's sake), and others - independence. All sides (except for Albanians) had considerable losses and the peace agreement was therefore inevitable. That's when NATO decided to take the side of everyone other than Serbs and, as always, this included the media war, too, which is why you probably think Serbs were the only wrongdoers there. All of a sudden, the opposing forces were much better equipped and it was clear that negotiations were no longer an option.

And now back to the girl metaphor: I wouldn't just watch someone hurt the girl either. In fact, I don't think I would even watch two guys fighting in public without trying to split them up. But this is literally like interrupting people's argument by taking someone's side without actually knowing what they were even arguing about. Now, I realize most of those guys wouldn't lift a finger if the girl was ugly and that Americans probably wouldn't lift a finger if they didn't gain anything from that war, but that's hardly the point here. The point is - they have no right. They're not protecting anyone, and in the end, they're nothing but bullies trying to appear righteous.

Member zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb has a brilliant future zekeybomb's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 05:12 PM
    Threads

they hate us because their comunist leaders want there countrys too be dictatorships in stead of a democracy so they stay with their tyrant-like rule
    im bouncing off the walss again im looking like a fool again

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the world. The world is a hateful place.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Closed Thread

Thread Information