AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Forum Noobie^^

Junior Member gelfling9 is on a distinguished road gelfling9's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2011 03:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Forum Noobie^^

Hey everyone!

Glad I found this forum - it'll be good to chat with like-minded people

My introduction to Anime was......AKIRA! (what a great introduction) and that was while I was at college around....15 years ago, eeep! I've been dipping in and out of it since and am basically hoping to expand my collection, which so far is just Akira and Ghost in the Shell (I used to have Dominion Tank Police and Ultimate Teacher (!!!) too).

What got me thinking about anime recently is my other hobby of collecting abjd (asian ball joint dolls) as there are a few characters been made in to 60cm dolls, and I like to know more about backstories etc.

Anyway, I'll keep it short for now

(click to show/hide) [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler]'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 01:18 AM
    Threads

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay here.

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hello, and welcome. I like your username.

The Bringer of Nightmares RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 07:36 PM
    Threads

hi welcome to AF
    We Know There Is A End Before There Is Ever A Beginning

Field Marshal TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2009 08:52 AM
    Threads

Hello and welcome to AF
    PM me if ya need a friend.

Your color is Black. You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull. Your enemies are white and green

Tom's Penguin Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Tears's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2010 11:23 PM
    In a place that doesn't exist where only sadness grows.
    Threads

Welcome to AF.
    Hope you have a fun time.
    If you ever want a friend to
    talk with or have any questions
    feel free to PM me. ^_^
    [Click ] Ask me something please? o ~ o

Sasuke Uchiha
    |♫|"Cause I was born to tell you I love you, and I am torn to do what I have to,
    to make you mine. Stay with me tonight."
    |♫|

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2016 06:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, sounds like you've come to the right place. At least we hope so, lol. Course I don't know much about the abjd thing,,, but have recently taken interest due to potential cosplaying for my next anime convention. Maybe we could chat and exchange info about the dolls and anime, yup yup. Hope you enjoy your stay here. If ya need help, feel free to PM anytime.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

WOW - thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone This forum is friendly! Hope to make some friends here then^^

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for a good series to get 'into'? Just today, I have watched the first 4 episodes of Bleach, the first 3 of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and the first 1 of Ah! My Goddess - have to say I'm liking Bleach (is that too obvious a choice ). Yesterday, I was watching Battle Vixens (Ikkitousen), particularly because one of the characters, Kanu Unchou, has been made into one of the 60 cm dolls I mentioned in my first post - that was ok too, funny in parts!

Any suggestions welcomed!

Senior Member Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki has a reputation beyond repute Oyuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Pink And Blue Ribbon Makeup Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2016 07:11 PM
    Threads

Hi welcome to AF. Read the rules whenever you can so you don't forget, and feel free to PM me if you need anything.

My AF family:
    Cousins: Astral_Mage

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I will do! I was so keen to get going that I think I already made a little slip-up...if I did, I apologise mods

There's so much to look into here and it's gonna take a little time I guess until I find my feet - thanks for the advice^^

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

Welcome to the forums Gelfling9. If you need any recommendations on anime, feel free to pm me and tell me what genre u enjoy

Member Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 10:53 AM
    Threads

Welcome welcome New person. I'm new here too,an I'm still running in circles here,haha. Please stay n_n

Senior Member MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF has a reputation beyond repute MAL OR AF's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2016 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Hey Gel! Welcome to the Anime Forums.

I would shake your hand but since I cannot I'll just play it short and say have fun and remember to follow the simple rules.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Celestial Aria Seraphim SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2009 09:50 AM
    Among other seraphims in the celestral plains singing arias of great splendor.
    Threads

Welcome to AF.

Senior Member Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2009 10:30 PM
    Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls, Block D, Cell # 3092.
    Threads

Welcome to the site, gefling9. Hope you enjoy it.
    "Kisses, darling."
    Swoosh.
    Oofl.

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

Welcome to Af , have fun till your here.
    Follow the rules and please stay active.
    Adios.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

~I'm yours~ yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2010 06:23 AM
    Threads

hello!
    welcome to aF!
    just PM me if you need a friend...

so, your avi is one of collection? O.o

enjoy! ^^
    siggy by tsuki

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Neko Tv Wolf Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2016 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Hi there and welcome
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

rules over you golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl has a reputation beyond repute golden girl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 01:27 AM
    Threads

oh hello gelgfling9 welome to af have as much fun as possible and enjoy here.
    I LOVE YOU PENNY AND I HOPE WHERESOEVER YOU ARE YOU'LL ENJOY THERE.
    YOU'VE BROUGHT TEARS IN MY EYES
    YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN TO BE.

YOU REALLY WERE A TRUE FRIEND AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH
    penny is my grandma's dog everyone always remember that true friendship is really rare in this world but dear penny your'e my best friend
    dear!!!

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

Welcome to Anime Forum dot com, I hope that you will enjoy your time here.

please follow the rules.

Ayame

I'm No Angel! Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 07:59 AM
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States, 109436565740998, Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Threads

Have fun and thanks for joining!

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by yilin View Post
    hello!
    welcome to aF!
    just PM me if you need a friend...

so, your avi is one of collection? O.o

enjoy! ^^
    Thank you! - and yes, my avatar is one from my collection, named Quinn!

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2016 06:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gelfling9 View Post
    WOW - thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone This forum is friendly! Hope to make some friends here then^^

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for a good series to get 'into'? Just today, I have watched the first 4 episodes of Bleach, the first 3 of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and the first 1 of Ah! My Goddess - have to say I'm liking Bleach (is that too obvious a choice ). Yesterday, I was watching Battle Vixens (Ikkitousen), particularly because one of the characters, Kanu Unchou, has been made into one of the 60 cm dolls I mentioned in my first post - that was ok too, funny in parts!

Any suggestions welcomed!
    Well, it all depends on what you're into. Ikkitousen I think is considered "fanservice". Bleach is a good one,,, but I warn you now, it's a VERY long anime. 218 episodes to date, and still going. There are I think several types of anime, and even more sub-catagories. Myself, I watch just about anything. Feel free to PM me and we can discuss a few recommendations.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Closed Thread

Thread Information