AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Please explain to me...

Member seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2011 12:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Es PaNtOpHoBiC PSN ID: t3akup_fr3sh

Default Please explain to me...

I could never really get into Death Note.They talk too much for me and the concept doesn't really make
    sense to me either. Like... I would probably get more into it if I wasn't so confused. Now, although I am
    anticipating a bashing for coming at the "boring-ness" of it but if you could find it in you to give me an
    explanation to my question...that'd be nice too. A brief...overview (for the lack of a better word) would
    be even nice(r). :] thanks in advance.
    Add me on gaia : seiteki_otaku

Three Nil Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Soras Keyblade Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 04:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

lets see..ok the booy Light found a book called a deathnote that are used by Shinigami..know a shinigami named ryuk purposely drooped his deathnote in the human world because he wanted to see the results as to what would happen if i human got a hold of one...so Light found it he reafd the directions and he tested it..he seen it actually does kill people thats when the shinigami ryuk showed up and told Light about the shinigamis and how boring it is in their world..anyway Light thought that he was chosen blah blah blah and then he decided to become the new "God" of the world by punishing those that were "evil"

"Dark light come shine in her lost heart tonight
    And blind all fears that haunt her with your smile
    Dark light"-HIM

Captain No Pants Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

An overview?
    . . . uhm . . .
    well, Ryuk, the shinigami, is bored in the Shinigami Realm, so he decides he should go have some fun. He drops his deathnote in the human realm to see what happens, and it's picked up by Light Yagami. Light is an A+ student, and believe he should use the deathnote to destroy all the evil people in the world and make a new (Better?) world. Along the way, he, himself, becomes crazy with the idea that he'll be the "God of the new world" as Kira. To stop the killings, and make sure that the world isn't ruled by fear, L, the world's greatest detective sets out an investigation to stop Kira (Kira means killer by the way. It's the name the public came up with). To do this, L shows his face to those trustworthy enough to risk their lives . . . including Light's father.

Sorry, I can't write anymore. Major pain in hands

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2012 09:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Light (Main antagonist) is bored, Light finds Death Note, Death Note kills people just the way he wants.

Mass murder ensues

L (The main protagonist) uses his UBER-knowledge to find Light.

Blah....become friends, fan service, Matsuda is an idiot...

And Light kills L.

I'll leave the rest to another.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Member seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku has a reputation beyond repute seiteki_otaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

1. Can you say "cliche"?
    2. Haha, that just killed it for me. I probably won't watch it now...
    3. Thanks you guys. Now that I have a little bit more background,
    I know I was right in assuming it was boring :[

Sorry to any Death Note fans. No disrespect intended :]
    Begin bashing...now! lol.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It's pretty boring at the end but the main attraction is the battle of two great minds one-uping each other.

*Looks around*

Light's gay.

*Runs*
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi770 View Post
    It's pretty boring at the end but the main attraction is the battle of two great minds one-uping each other.

*Looks around*

Light's gay.

*Runs*
    We'll since I'm almost certain you're kidding,
    (about Light being gay)
    I will admit I am a bit of a fan of any type of yaoi.
    I sort of had second thoughts but then I realized I
    wouldn't watch it long enough to get to any guy on
    guy action :[ and (this is kind of contradicting) spoilers
    make me angry.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I was just referring to how he gets beaten by two twelve year olds (Two super genius twelve year olds) and that he wasn't a good guy even though he kept saying how he was the only one who could cleanse the world.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

WOW! Talk about misunderstanding...
    XD You really got my hopes up there (just kidding).

Senior Member Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2012 11:16 PM
    Threads

He dies.
    The end.

Member Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 05:09 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post

*Looks around*

Light's gay.

*Runs*

I lolled. . .

Anyways, hmm
    I admit I'm a fan, it's my 3rd fave anime. . .XP

~~~

Overview:
    Light Yagami finds the Death Note, Ryuk the shinigami's tool in killing of humans.

Coincidentally (or not), Light was an upcoming genius detective and a future Head of the Japanese Police, therefore making him the kind of person who "wants to make the world a better place for the people he loves".
    The problem is when he got the Death Note he goes to the theory that in order to "create this better world", HE should be the ONLY one who decide and create it. He used the Death Note to enforce his OWN justice, and that is to kill all the bad people with the Death Note.

Now brief something about this "Death Note" is that, its a notebook that whoever's name you write there would die.
    There are some of the basic rules in the first pages in the Note,
    but not ALL of the rules and what you can and cannot do with the ways of the killing are listed in it.
    There is no erasing or turning back once you write the a name in it.
    The Note Book's pages are numbered, but even if you used up all its pages you could just ask for another notebook from the shinigami that accompanies the Death Note.
    There is also the matter of the Shinigami, beast-like entities that will have to remain with the current owner of the death notes which they own or in their possession in the first place.
    Unless Light returns it to Ryuk he would retain memories of the death note, its rules, its powers and how it works.

That said, of course, one's justice is not the world's justice.
    Killing people even if they are criminals is still a murder.
    There are laws and sentences given to criminals without even resulting to the death penalty.
    And there are the police who enforces these laws.
    A single hidden entity like Kira, Light's secret identity to the public as someone who can make criminals die supernaturally, who is not of the police, and most especially not God, is just considered a mass murderer.

Or so do L, the world's #1 Best Detective in the world thinks.
    Its not only him of course, especially the police and most of leaders of the world thinks of this, and those with shared justice that differs from Light Yagami's. One of them was even Soichiro Yagami, Light's father.

From then on its a mind and tactical battle against Light and his beliefs and supporters against L and the police, legitimate law enforcers,
    With Light escaping persecution only due to the supernatural features of the Death Note.

It can be said that Light's biggest mistake was when he did not isolate or separate himself from working with others on his mission with the Death Note.

When Amane Misa came into Light's life, she served as the downfall and triumph of Light, because Misa is not even quarter of Light's brain power. True, due to her L died and Light won, but the evidence of her being the second Kira was too strong that it gives truth and leads to 1st Kira Light Yagami himself.

Light's family, the ones he is reserving this "perfect world" he is creating also got involved, the little sister turned mad and his father died which are the costs of his battles with the 2 successors of L as the the greatest detective on earth.

Lastly there are Kiyomi Takada (the reporter) and Teru Mikami (Kira supporter) whom Light used to be the 4th and 5th acting Kiras. If not for Takada's kidnapping Mikami would not have rushed to kill her in fear of her telling the truth about Kira to M. If not for Mikami's uncalled for killing of Takada N would not have had the chance of re-switching the death notes with fakes.

So it ends with M (mello) and N (near) ganging up on Light for all the crimes and killings he committed, and then after being exposed and certain of his punishment (life-time imprison most likely) Ryuk, his constant companion through it all, finally killed him, all because Ryuk would never want to wait upon Light's release from sure long-time imprisonment, with writing Light's name on Ryuk's own Death Note.

~~~

It only looks long, but I think its the shortest overview you could ever find of DN's story. . .>,<
    Lol I brag, but I did try to keep the explainign simple there. . .X3
    I hope that explanation helped, although it is quite a bit long. . .XP
    Last edited by Shunshin Jhey-sama; 06-05-2009 at 03:19 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have never found out what I really want to do,
    but I have a lot of what I really dont want to do. . ."

-Killua Zaoldyeck, Hunter X Hunter, episode 46
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closed Thread

Thread Information