AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: So tell me?

Member Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2009 11:28 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default So tell me?

I have heard people mention Death Note, as some uber awesome series, and am thinking of, renting/buying volume 1 but when read whats its about.... it just doesn't sound like a show that can do much? I mean... a book.. ok that can kill people when you write their name in it.... so where is the challenge? how is this show made to be so interesting, and not dull? What is it about this show that makes it great?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The main attraction is not the action of the series provided by the ability to kill someone by writing their name in the book, but by the battle of wits and strategy between the two leads, one on the side of the police and other other being the user of the Deathnote. Each is attempting to find and make absolute their own sense of justice.

And, honestly, it isn't that great. The premise was actually very good, but it just became a series of trump-cards one after another, as many strategy-focused manga do.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's definitely worth looking into. Like he said, it does become very much of a one-up contest but it does get very exciting at parts. Much more so than you would expect. It's very thought-provoking, but in an exciting way. Trust me. It's one you have to see/read before you can really judge because just from the blurbs you'll read... you won't get much of the real meat of the show. They can't really convey how exciting it is and how easily it can draw you in and make you just hunger for the next chapter/episode.

That's what happened to me, anyway... it's one of my favorites. Let's call it intelligent awesomeness for the common man.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 04-15-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't personally recommend the series, but the plot is not simply about writing names in a book and people dying.

It's an intelligent villian vs. intelligent superhero kinda thing, I guess.

It's true, though, most of the series is a one-up contest.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2012 09:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

It's an okay anime with pretty decent characters. I recommend it. Like stated above, it's a one-up contest between Light Yagami(Antagonist with a God-complex) and L(Insomniac protagonist with a REAL sweet tooth.)
    You'll enjoy the battle of wits and surprising twists this anime has.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 03:47 PM
    Threads

I think you need to get it and see for yourself.

It is a very good series.
    Last edited by Neddog; 04-15-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Just do it. You will not regret it!

This series is amazing because it can present so much fuss and battles of intellectual ability when it is just purely revolved around a note book. The two central characters are both extremely smart and use their own methods to show this.

Also there is not only Light and his note book, but there is also the other side where it is L and his investigation team, reflecting a detective side to the story too. Then when Near and Mello appear, we have three different teams; Light-Near-Mello (or you could even have four if you included the Japanese police.

Throughout the anime the story completely changes too and bears a different atmosphere.
    That which is; is the truth.

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 02:48 PM
    Threads

Light Yagami comes across the Death Note one day and decides he'll become the world's new god. Crazy psycho, right?

Then when the police figure out what's going on when a bunch of criminals suddenly die of heart attacks, the greatest detective in the world comes into play and decides to stop Kira (the name given to Light by the world).

From then on it's a battle of wits and strategy. It gets very, very suspenseful and exciting, I must say.
    ~ Aura ~

"If you are near to the dark
    I will tell you 'bout the sun
    You are here, no escape
    From my visions of the world
    You will cry all alone
    But it does not mean a thing to me ..."

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2014 10:07 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

the thing that kept me hooked initially is the constant "one upsmanship" between the two main characters L and Light Yagami

also the whole concept of writing a name in a notebook that could kill was quite appealing

but by the end death note got quite appalling

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Member Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama has a reputation beyond repute Shunshin Jhey-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 05:09 PM
    Threads

Things that is must see with Death Note:
    1. With an antagonist main character (Light) and the opposing side L of Justice (police), who would win?
    2. How Light would escape the clutches of super detective L with help of his Death Note supernatural abilities.
    3. How Light would be defeated without L.

Plus, it is one of the animes you get to use some level of concentration to understand the story. Its deep and keeps your mind clogs rolling unlike some other animes that are too light. . .^^)b
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have never found out what I really want to do,
    but I have a lot of what I really dont want to do. . ."

-Killua Zaoldyeck, Hunter X Hunter, episode 46
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closed Thread

Thread Information