AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Am I Being Bias

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Am I Being Bias

One of the biggest things I have been thinking about lately, due to watching nature documentaries, is about animal conservation, animal rehabilitation, and animal placement.
    I think one of the biggest issues I have when you find an animal with a broken leg or it's sick is when they put it back in the environment. In most cases they don't put him back in the same place of land he lived, they usually put him farther away from where he got hurt. But each piece of landscape on one piece of land has a carrying capacity. And you may be throwing the carrying capacity of that environment by putting that animal. A second thing is if the animal had a serious illness, you bring him back to health and put him back in the world you aren't carrying for the next generation really. Natural selection weeds out weak genes, but if all we ever do is let the weak genes go on living then we may have more sick animals.

Another issue I have is when an animal wonders into a human habitat, a place full of houses and trees. I remember watching a documentary about a human place full of vehicles and this suburban lifestyle. In the middle of a rain forest, they were surrounded by rain forest and everything. Some animals wonder into the human side of the rain forest and people get all defensive about it. Then someone has to go off on the lines of, "We're just putting them in the forest where they belong,". But they don't put two in two. We're surrounded by rain forest, this was once part of their habitat and they'll continue coming here. This use to be part of their habitat, it isn't that they belong back in the forest. It's a case of that once was part of their forest and they'll still want to live there. We're the ones who invaded their home not them.

Then another issue I may have and I'm not sure why. Is animal conservation. What really makes me angry is that their trying to stop these creatures from going instinct and their trying to shard because some how we're humans and we hold the fate of this world in our hands. And sadly I can see the good side of it and I'm all for it. Then I see another side, what if nature and evolution are killing off these creatures so they can create creature who can handle our pollutions and toxin much more. That means we're stopping the natural balance of the earth and it's process.

And may I just throw it in here. Humans aren't responsible for climate change. It's ridiculous to think a few primates could have blown the world into such unbalance. Climate change has always occurred throughout geological time.
    But anyway the climate thing is totally not on topic. The animal thing is. So, do you think I am bias? What are your views? And don't comment on the climate thing.
    Last edited by Rem Nightfall; 04-30-2009 at 11:03 AM.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Please re-format your text into something that has proper paragraphs, and I'll read it.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris' View Post
    Please re-format your text into something that has proper paragraphs, and I'll read it.
    Better, sorry man. I didn't know that the formatting on here would look like that.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Closed Thread

Thread Information