AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite anti-hero in anime?

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Who is your favourite anti-hero in anime?

So, who is your all time favourite anti-hero? I mean those mean, evil, cool, sadistic looking guys who are not morally good and do not behave like typical heroes, but still, they are part of the good side in the story.

Mine fav ones are Alucard and Father Alexander Anderson, both from Hellsing Ultimate. Alucard is quite a blood-thirsty, sinister vampire and his rival, Anderson is not much different when it comes to having twisted ideologies. I find them both cool and superb anti-heroes to have in anime.

Besides them, I'd say Hajime Saito from Samurai X also had quite some characteristics to be considered an anit-hero. I liked his fighting style and also his cold, shitty attitude.

Also, Vegeta from DBZ. I liked his arrogance as well as his pride. He's one tough dude you don't want to mess with.
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 05-29-2009 at 06:39 AM.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Junior Member leeroy jenkins is a glorious beacon of light leeroy jenkins is a glorious beacon of light leeroy jenkins is a glorious beacon of light leeroy jenkins is a glorious beacon of light leeroy jenkins is a glorious beacon of light leeroy jenkins is a glorious beacon of light leeroy jenkins's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2009 11:25 AM
    Threads

akito is the bomb.
    then sasuke...
    then everyone else sucks

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    Threads

Here's a few of my "few favorites" (considering there are lots in anime and manga)...

Dark Schneider - The main character of the anime 'Bastard!', Darsh is an unethical and powerful wizard driven to have all the beautiful women for himself while killing beings (ugly men in particular) in the process.

Kurosagi - The protagonist of a manga of the same name. Kurosagi is a swindler who swindles swindlers, he's kinda like a modern-day Robin Hood. Only less-violent but more cunning.

Lupin and his gang - These characters are from Monkey Punch' acclaimed creation - Lupin III. They travel to seek treasures and riches, and steal them they will. 'Nuff said.

Dr. Blackjack - From Osamu Tezuka's 'Blackjack'... He's a surgeon who sells his skills to the highest bidder, thing is, he ain't got no license to practice surgeries.

Hakaider - An android from one of my favorite tokusatsu and anime titles - Jinzo Ningen Kikaida. A powerful and badass android who nearly kills Kikaida, but ironically he is also Kikaida's creator - Professor Komyoji.

Skull Man - From a manga and an anime of the same name, Skull Man quests for vengeance and never gives a damn in killing innocents who gets in the way.

If you're looking for characters with an impenetrable great wall of morals, look not on these characters.
    Last edited by The Grey Crane; 05-27-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is Char an anti-hero? I'm not exactly sure but if he is then he's my favorite.

Junior Member Makados has a spectacular aura about Makados has a spectacular aura about Makados has a spectacular aura about Makados's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2009 12:26 PM
    Threads

I agree about Anderson, I would add Vegeta also

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    Threads

His majesty, Lelouch!

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

Sechs (german for six) from Battle angel last order manga

1 of the 12 clone copies of Alita that went off on a killing spee to take out all the other copies (missed out 11 and 12)to proove it was difrent and more than just a clone and had the right to exist. even choosing to switch into a male body to be even more unlike Alita.

Star Knight ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox has a reputation beyond repute ZeroFox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2009 02:24 PM
    Threads

Lelouch Vi Britannia from Code Geass and Light Yagami from Death Note. They are pretty cool to me.

Senior Member jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2010 06:38 PM
    Threads

Light from Death Note was awesome, and my other fav. would be Vegeta from DBZ.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

Quote Originally Posted by jtdlives View Post
    Light from Death Note was awesome, and my other fav. would be Vegeta from DBZ.
    Those two and kaiba from Yu-gi-oh would be my top 3 choices.

Junior Member Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi has much to be proud of Amu Chi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

InuYasha
    Ikuto
    and probaly Sasuke becausee He's just plain cool as an ice cube!!!

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

Cool

Maya Orihara from Ultra Maniac because she's cool.
    [Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

Member AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2010 08:19 PM
    I live in Orlando Florida (you know, the Disney state.)
    Threads

Lelouch Lamperouge and Light Yagami are the masters of anti-heros. Both are super geniuses with a power they use to change the world. Light dreams of a world free of evil and uses the Death Note to rid the world of criminals and the like, so the good people can live in peace free of fear of those who would cause harm. Lelouch dreams of a world where all people would accept each other and live in peace, no matter where they come from or what they believe in. A world free of oppressive leaders who abuse their power and authority over others. To do this he uses the power of Geass. Both Lelouch and Light stick to their goals no matter who or what gets in the way, even if it means sacrificing others. They don't screw around or give in. They take whatever actions they need in order to succeed even if it means becoming evil to destroy an even greater evil. They go against the laws of the system of the world. Light uses his superior deductive skills to outwit anyone who would try to catch him. Lelouch uses his superior strategic skills to out-maneuver and defeat his opponents even if it's against an army. They both succeed at some point in taking over or controling the whole world.

ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE KIRA!

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

14. Likes Darkhallows liked this post
    Senior Member nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2010 11:30 AM
    Threads

I'll go with Saito from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X.

Junior Member Dark Magus is on a distinguished road Dark Magus's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

Younger Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho. Some regard him as a villain, but he is not one. He was an honorable man who was dedicated to those he cared for and fought demons for the good of the world. Despite this, he still craved power, since he feared one day growing vulnerable and being left susceptible to the onslaughts of others. Seeing Kiren murder his students before his eyes is what sealed the deal in him desiring to become all powerful. After defeating Kiren in the Dark Tournament, he wished to be made into the highest class of demon. Later, he came to regret his decision. His goal in Yu Yu Hakusho is to have Yusuke defeat him so he can be put to death and suffer for all eternity. Younger Toguro was a good person. However, the fact that he craved power makes him an anti-hero as opposed to a hero, since wanting to acquire power for oneself is an unheroic characteristic.

There is also Pegasus J. Crawford from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters. Though he sentenced many souls to the Realm of Shadows in order to bring Cyndia back to life, he assisted Yuugi and co. in defeating Dartz during the Doma saga. Therefore, he is an anti-hero, not an actual villain. He sacrificed many people to resurrect Cyndia, but he did still help Yuugi and co. stop Dartz from reaching his objective.

Dartz is another good anti-hero. He wished to eliminate every person in the world who had darkness in his or her soul. He thought that doing this would make the world a utopia in which hatred, violence, and corruption would not exist. Thus, he is an anti-hero, since he wanted to improve the world but felt the need to commit mass genocide against those who have darkness in their souls in order to do so.

Last but not least, Jessie, James, and Meowth from Pokemon. They attempt to steal Ash's Pikachu and other Pokemon for Giovanni (their boss) on a regular basis. However, they have proven time and again that they actually do have hearts of gold, namely in the Revelation Lugia film in which they were willing to sacrifice themselves to save the world.
    Last edited by Dark Magus; 06-10-2009 at 12:14 AM.
    "I'm not a fighter of good. It's just that I hate people who are bad," ~ Genkai, Yu Yu Hakusho.

Junior Member AnimeNerdz is on a distinguished road AnimeNerdz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2009 09:53 AM
    Threads

when it comes to antiheroes, you have to knee before Yagami Light and Lelouch
    www.animenerdz.blogspot.com funny reviews written by me

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have two picks for this topic.

Vegeta/Lelouch. Those two are the only two that would actually stand out for me and if I had to pick between those two, Vegeta would be the winner.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric has a reputation beyond repute jennyelric's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2009 09:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    His majesty, Lelouch!
    I agree Lulu is the best
    how the heck am I suposed to get the image up
    avatar- Superbi Squalo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Senior Member kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2011 03:26 AM
    Threads

cell and android 17 i like how they destroy cities

Senior Member ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2010 04:34 PM
    Threads

id have to say:

Lucy ~ Elfen Lied
    Lelouche Vi Brittania ~ Code Geass
    Ichimoku Ren ~ Jigoku Shoujo (kinda counts xD)
    Hiruko ~ Nightmare Inspector

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would have to say Veagta from dbz or Shadow from Sonic X. I always tend to go for the anti-heroes I don't know why. I guess they always seem to have the most developed characters at least in the animes I have seen.
    Gero Server Guru

Junior Member Ashe04 is on a distinguished road Ashe04's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2009 05:56 AM
    Threads

Lelouch from Code Geass and Light from Death Note! x]
    ASHE04

~Love comes to those who believe it....~

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kajikun16 View Post
    cell and android 17 i like how they destroy cities
    I don't think Cell could be considered an anti-hero. He's the leading antagonist character in the Android Saga of DBZ.

Also, Andriod 17 who destroys cities in Trunk's future world is also an antagonist character. Though, Android 17 in Goku's present world could be considered an ani-hero to some extent.

They were both fairly good antagonist character, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    I would have to say Veagta from dbz or Shadow from Sonic X. I always tend to go for the anti-heroes I don't know why. I guess they always seem to have the most developed characters at least in the animes I have seen.
    Yeah, I also find anti-heroes rather interesting. And more often, they play more serious part in the story which brings much more sense in the anime.

I like those bone-crushing, cool as well as serious attitude anti-heroes. Those naive looking heroes really piss me off .
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 06-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Senior Member Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 05:02 PM
    Threads

Nao from My HIME was pretty cool. I also love Sesshomaru . He's so awesome!

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

- Dr. Black Jack
    - Jing (King of Bandits Jing)
    - Eikichi Onizuka (GTO)
    - Guts (Berserk)

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Closed Thread

Thread Information