AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Signature

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Rem's Showcase

Here are my sigs. I hope you can see the progression as I start to get better at this sig making business.
    I'm not the most digital person in the world. These sigs are at w:400px x h:150px.
    And the newer ones are are w:400px x h:100px

First set of sigs my older ones:

My latest and newest ones at w:400px x h:100 px because on another site the sig limit is 500px x 100px:

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

2, 5 and 6 I think is the best
    The 1`st had some edges that shouldn`t be there, on the head for example.
    And on the shoulders there are leftovers of a white bg.
    The bg on the Rukia sigs. was to light, I think a bit darker bg on them would be better, and the text on them is hard to read.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeDes View Post
    2, 5 and 6 I think is the best
    The 1`st had some edges that shouldn`t be there, on the head for example.
    And on the shoulders there are leftovers of a white bg.
    The bg on the Rukia sigs. was to light, I think a bit darker bg on them would be better, and the text on them is hard to read.
    Thank you very much for the comment.
    I like number 5 and 7 better, but that is my personally opinion of my terrible sigs.

I understand about the first one. The first one I was getting over a wrist injury and my cutting is terrible to begin with and this just made it worse.

I have trouble cutting and so with the very last ones number 6 and 7 I cut by color instead of doing a lasso technique.
    I need to find and even easier way to cut.
    Cause even cut by color is so frustrating. If there is the slightest part of white in the picture the white background gets colored to be cut out as well.
    And I was so frustrated.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post

I understand about the first one. The first one I was getting over a wrist injury and my cutting is terrible to begin with and this just made it worse.

I have trouble cutting and so with the very last ones number 6 and 7 I cut by color instead of doing a lasso technique.
    I need to find and even easier way to cut.
    Cause even cut by color is so frustrating. If there is the slightest part of white in the picture the white background gets colored to be cut out as well.
    And I was so frustrated.
    Yeah I`ve experienced that too :P
    What program do you use?

I used the same technique you use, and it takes time :P
    So I asked for advice on how to extract in a better way on a norwegian community.
    Free hand slection (psp)
    feather 3 smoothing 3
    And style point to point(i think it was style hehe)
    Then you just mark where you want and press delete when your ready.
    So now my extracts are better, if there are bumps and leftovers I just use the edge tool after I`ve placed the figure on the sig bg

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah I`ve experienced that too :P
    What program do you use?

I used the same technique you use, and it takes time :P
    So I asked for advice on how to extract in a better way on a norwegian community.
    Free hand slection (psp)
    feather 3 smoothing 3
    And style point to point(i think it was style hehe)
    Then you just mark where you want and press delete when your ready.
    So now my extracts are better, if there are bumps and leftovers I just use the edge tool after I`ve placed the figure on the sig bg

I use Photodraw 2000. My backgrounds are used with Gimp sometimes.
    But I can't use any other program.
    Truth is all I am is an editor and Photodraw 2000 gives me the tools and automatically does the effects, where as Gimp gives you the tools and makes you manually do the effects.
    As I said I am not a digital person I am a pen and ink person.
    So, I use Photodraw more then I use Gimp.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    I use Photodraw 2000. My backgrounds are used with Gimp sometimes.
    But I can't use any other program.
    Truth is all I am is an editor and Photodraw 2000 gives me the tools and automatically does the effects, where as Gimp gives you the tools and makes you manually do the effects.
    As I said I am not a digital person I am a pen and ink person.
    So, I use Photodraw more then I use Gimp.
    never heard of Pdraw.
    I`m thinking of trying out GIMP
    There is something wrong with my psp, I`m getting errors when I use it too long
    The sigs. I`ve seen that have been made with GIMP looks very cool too.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

never heard of Pdraw.
    I`m thinking of trying out GIMP
    There is something wrong with my psp, I`m getting errors when I use it too long
    The sigs. I`ve seen that have been made with GIMP looks very cool too.
    Well these were made with Gimp and Photodraw.
    All the cutting and effects, Photodraw.
    All the backgrounds Gimp.

You should check that PSP out, send it back.

A new signature:

And its matching ava:

Last edited by FlashD; 09-27-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some new stuff:

A sig an ava set I made for Clawdia:

A sig I made for Keade:

A sig I made for someone else:

Sigs for me, that I made:

^This is going to be for my animeforum account, I just have to wait for them to reset my password.

I'm not a big Bleach fan, I actually hate the show.
    One Piece is so much better.
    But thank you.

A sig I forgot to put on the list:

Last edited by FlashD; 09-30-2008 at 12:06 PM.

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

5th,2nd, best of the batch

5th
    Well, I would've positioned it with Rolo's chest and facing showing, but with that size limits, all I can do is
    .______.
    to that.

Now he looks...bored. Making something funky from something bored won't do much. But then, that pattern and that goddamned person matches sadness. Theme works =D

Emptiness shows in repetitivism.
    Perhaps add flow behind him.

2nd
    More to say now :3
    First to sweep, the white specks located.

Position is really good =D Really makes it look like a photograph, y'know?
    uh, the 3-section rule I think. Centered considered boring, nice work Rem.
    Colors seems okay with the nightfall theme. but he's in a jacket...so a blue overall background makes sense

Now the background that doesn't make too much sense on normal perspective.
    It looks too high for an eye leveled extract. Its either that he's standing on a epicly high pole or he's flying with that pose.
    Get a stock, maybe a sidewalk with a nice view of the building or so-so for that. Always think about the angles of the characters, it could really improve the flow movement, depth, lighting and all that.

Overall, nice job =D
    City Life, FTW
    Over-saturating since '07

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you for the criticism Furaz Teh Unleh.
    I will watch I am doing. But the city life one and those ones were when I was just starting out.
    lol! City life, he is living in the city and looks like he is a bit of a gangster.

Some of my latest and newest work:

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some new stuff:

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default New Signature

My latest signature is on the bottom of my post. What do you guys think of it? What could I fix about it? Thanks a lot dudes.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Minato Namikaze View Post
    Nice looking sigs you got here. Keep it up. ^_^
    Thank you very much. I'm glad you like them. They take me so bloody damn long though, most cannot make a decision worth anything.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I feel powerful, I made this sig just now:

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The top one with the yellow and red is really beautiful! I love the crosshatch effect!

good job <3
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The yellow image sig is a bit too bright, but the stock looks pretty in the background. Try playing around with the stock more. Not just adding it, but messing around with brushes, actions, and filters with it.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ◕‿◕ View Post
    The yellow image sig is a bit too bright, but the stock looks pretty in the background. Try playing around with the stock more. Not just adding it, but messing around with brushes, actions, and filters with it.
    I did. Thanks for the advice. I just gave the render a smoothing brush. And if you notice the background is simply left side brightest, right side darkest to match the render. He's collecting light through his hands and that plays a major role in where the light is coming from the background. Thanks man for the advice though. I appreciate and will consider it.

@Magical Soul and Rein: Glad you like them.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My latest a request from Rein*

Version 1

Version 2

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

#2 is really visually appealing.
    #5 involves Rolo my favorite CG Character, and that sig does him justice.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Ichigo View Post
    could i request a Sig, and AVA
    Yes you may.

@Itachi: Those are my old ones they look like crud compare to my new ones.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Wow, you have a lot of talent in sig making. Though the bright yellow one is quite bright. I can barely make out the outline of the char. (or is it just my screen?)
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Each person's screen is different man. My works screen makes my avatar look like a giant fuzzball. But looks good on my screen man. So it may be the screen.

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

signature and avatar request can be placed in the appropriate "signature request thread" or by sending a member a PM (private message).

Also this thread is for comments and critiques on the posted signatures and avatars, not for conversations. Conversations can take place via PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sigs I made for Hollow Ichigo:

Version 1

Version 2

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Your tags from my perspective all look very similar. But that probably just because I have been using Photoshop for so long.

Anyway, by that, I a mean you tend to do one filter, or one little technique and declare the signautre finished. I honestly do think you are using like 5 to 10 layers per tag, maybe less. I could honestly go on by saying you use no blending, you paste the render off to one side of the all your signatures (or most), or that your text could use work, but you really can do better. You have all the techniques down, you just dont combine them into a result. Follow a really hard looking signautre tutorial with a good result and see what you get. I am always surprised by what a person can do in Photoshop, so why not try it out?

Closed Thread

Thread Information