AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Wha is the "One Piece"?

Member 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2009 05:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Wha is the "One Piece"?

The topic's name speaks for istelf. (x
    so, what is the "One Piece" treasure for you?
    is it gold? a supreme akuma no mi? something else?
    Share your oppinion!
    HIS WILL IS BEYOND REACH...

...EVERY TIME YOU TRY, YOU DONT STRETCH FAR ENOUGH.

Senior Member Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Eye Patch 025 - Pikachu Shark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 02:13 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mandysmurf

Hmmm maybe anything you wish for? Or anything that is very precious.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, we do know that it is the entirety of Gol D. Roger's treasure. But what form it takes is something that Oda hasn't even hinted at. So far, he has kept it even more mysterious than Monkey D. Dragon, or even the Void Century.

What I find interesting is that he said he left it in "One Piece". There is a lot of different things that could mean.

"It" could easily be an object, or a machine of some sort, such as the ancient weapons designed in the Void Century (such as Pluton). Something that he probably should have dismantled, but he left in "one piece".

It could also refer to normal treasure, being in "one piece", as in having been melted down from gold and molded into something.

And of course, there is always the possible "it's really just the journey of getting there and being a true pirate" angle. I'd like to think that Oda is above something like that, but there is also the possibility. Despite its extraordinary depth in both meaning and story, One Piece also has a very simplistic surface.

All we can really do is speculate until Oda reveals its true form.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Member 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    And of course, there is always the possible "it's really just the journey of getting there and being a true pirate" angle. I'd like to think that Oda is above something like that, but there is also the possibility. Despite its extraordinary depth in both meaning and story, One Piece also has a very simplistic surface.
    I also have something like that in mind - Luffy wanted to become Pirate King, Zoro - Number one Swordsman in the world, Nami - to make a map of the whole globe, Sanji - to find "All Blue", Usopp - to become a great not-scared man, Robin - to find that Glyph thingie of hers.. I am not sure about Franky, Chopper and Brooke, they seem to be sticking with the others just because of their friendship. In the desert land, where was Crocodile Sanji and Chopper had a talk about Chopper not having a dream to chase, just staying with the crew for the sake of adventure, i think Brooke an Franky share the same thoughts. (x

So my point is that Gol D. Roger might have had some dream of his own, so if his dream became reality, then this might have to do something with the "One Piece"? Do you get me now? I will explain - if the characters fulfill their dreams, which would happen in the last episodes, they might all find the "One Piece" and every one of them might be in possession of the "one piece".. something like that. (x

Or as I saw it in one forum, where i stumbled on while browsing "what is one piece treasure", or some simillar tag, there was an inquiry and one option was something like "All the good and bad times spent with your friends/crew..." sometihing like that, and i keep on thinking that the "one piece" is not something material.

p.s. For me One Piece is the best anime Ive watched so far, it has this great messege of chasing your dreams, it kinda inspiring. (x

Senior Member Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Hmmm guys I agree with what you said there

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ah I agree with you guys..

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 4mourn View Post
    I also have something like that in mind - Luffy wanted to become Pirate King, Zoro - Number one Swordsman in the world, Nami - to make a map of the whole globe, Sanji - to find "All Blue", Usopp - to become a great not-scared man, Robin - to find that Glyph thingie of hers.. I am not sure about Franky, Chopper and Brooke, they seem to be sticking with the others just because of their friendship. In the desert land, where was Crocodile Sanji and Chopper had a talk about Chopper not having a dream to chase, just staying with the crew for the sake of adventure, i think Brooke an Franky share the same thoughts. (x
    Just so you know, franky's dream was to build his dream ship (the sunny) so he already sort of accomplished his dream (the reason he never did it before was because he didn't have the money, until he stole it from the strawhats). Chopper's dream is to become a great doctor, and brooke's is to meet up with laboon again (I think that is probably the worst story in all of one piece, brooke's background and the whole Laboon thing is really weak in my opinion I think they could have done without brooke's character).

Anyway I don't want to speculate too much so I won't be disapointed, I just hope it won't be something stupid and childish... lately one piece hasn't been too good...

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_S View Post
    Just so you know, franky's dream was to build his dream ship (the sunny) so he already sort of accomplished his dream (the reason he never did it before was because he didn't have the money, until he stole it from the strawhats). Chopper's dream is to become a great doctor, and brooke's is to meet up with laboon again (I think that is probably the worst story in all of one piece, brooke's background and the whole Laboon thing is really weak in my opinion I think they could have done without brooke's character).
    I really forgot about that, currently i gave One Piece a little break, in order for it to "gather" some more episodes, so i didnt remember, last episode was the defeat of Gecko Moria, then was Brooke's story, which for a moment i forgot, but for me it was different. I may have to oppose you. (x For me his story was kinda touching, a lotta... So i really like that about him, but his pervert and idiotic side, is kind of annoying, i love when Sanji and Zoro argue and even have funny fights, or Luffy and Chopper, like the last idiots, get amused ot trust a lie - for example, they were the only ones, who didnt recognise Usopp as sogeking, later, Nami told that zombie with Lola's soul that she is actually a guy, called Namizou, all in order to evade her anger, and then Chopper believed Nami's words for real... That was the time when i laughed my *** off. (x But Brooke is kinda dumb with his idiotic side, its not fun... or his "Skill Jokes" if he was character like Nico Robin - with no comic/idiotic side, he would be sooooo damn awesome. (x I ama currently wondering if he is the last person to join the crew, or they would be even more, the manga is ahead, so if there is such a guy, those who read the manga should know, but dont tell me, cuz this would be a crime towards me. (x

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Threads

I really forgot about that, currently i gave One Piece a little break, in order for it to "gather" some more episodes, so i didnt remember, last episode was the defeat of Gecko Moria, then was Brooke's story, which for a moment i forgot, but for me it was different. I may have to oppose you. (x For me his story was kinda touching, a lotta... So i really like that about him, but his pervert and idiotic side, is kind of annoying, i love when Sanji and Zoro argue and even have funny fights, or Luffy and Chopper, like the last idiots, get amused ot trust a lie - for example, they were the only ones, who didnt recognise Usopp as sogeking, later, Nami told that zombie with Lola's soul that she is actually a guy, called Namizou, all in order to evade her anger, and then Chopper believed Nami's words for real... That was the time when i laughed my *** off. (x But Brooke is kinda dumb with his idiotic side, its not fun... or his "Skill Jokes" if he was character like Nico Robin - with no comic/idiotic side, he would be sooooo damn awesome. (x I ama currently wondering if he is the last person to join the crew, or they would be even more, the manga is ahead, so if there is such a guy, those who read the manga should know, but dont tell me, cuz this would be a crime towards me. (x
    Well I guess I see what you mean. But too me it seems stupid, I mean it's a whale that he met once why the heck would the whale still be waiting 50 years later? The part with his captain and crew dying and him coming back to life to live all alone that was good, I liked that part of his background, but they shouldn't have made him a skeleton.

All in all the only real part I hate about brooke is the fact that he is a skeleton and, same as you, his stupid side. I think that if they want to have indepth background stories on every single crew member then they should stop adding new members cause it's hard to keep track. For instance Franky (as awesome as he is), is hard to imagine as a strawhat... even though he is one.

PS. I also like zoro and sanji's fights, and chopper's stupid side it's entertaining :P.

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_S View Post
    Well I guess I see what you mean. But too me it seems stupid, I mean it's a whale that he met once why the heck would the whale still be waiting 50 years later? The part with his captain and crew dying and him coming back to life to live all alone that was good, I liked that part of his background, but they shouldn't have made him a skeleton.

All in all the only real part I hate about brooke is the fact that he is a skeleton and, same as you, his stupid side. I think that if they want to have indepth background stories on every single crew member then they should stop adding new members cause it's hard to keep track. For instance Franky (as awesome as he is), is hard to imagine as a strawhat... even though he is one.

PS. I also like zoro and sanji's fights, and chopper's stupid side it's entertaining :P.
    I like One Piece most of the big animes(200+ eps) of all those i watched so far (Bleach, Naruto). And i think One Piece has the less filler stories, for 300 showed much more than Naruto or Bleach showed (Bleach had only "rescue Rukia" and "rescue Orihime" stories, nothing bigger; Naruto had a lot more stories, some of the fillers were interesting, but thats all). While One Piece is the first big anime with sad moments (312 ep "saying good bye to Merry"; "Brooke's story"; "Nami's story"; "Robin's story"; "Franky's", "Chopper's" and few more which i dont remember right now) But its really touching on certain moments.

But i really like that part about Brooke, that Laboon is still waiting for the pirate crew to return. You didnt understood why he waits? He does, because he is a true friend, dont treat him as an animal, Chopper is an animal, but nobody treats him like that. As the Strawhats entered the Grand Line, the first treated him like an animal, then after they heared the story frome the "Flower-ossan" (i dont remember his name right now and i feel lazy to check in in the one piece-wikia" they started feeling his grief, and started treating like the crewmate they laft behind, because they wanted him to survive, because he was a baby back then. AND Laboon, had detatched from his familiy and had no one until he met the Orchestra Pirates... So he can leave the lighthouse anytime he likes, but he has no one else so he waits for them to return. And its really touching. (x

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

no clue, maybe one-piece is a one piece bathing suit and his treasure is the woman wearing it...

bit'o'randomness
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

A One Piece of treasure? All of this is on my mind now

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I want One Piece to be a bunch of treasure a long with some interesting weapons.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    I want One Piece to be a bunch of treasure a long with some interesting weapons.
    But, as you might have noticed, nobody but Nami is interested in cash. (x
    But all of them could use some - to imrpove ship, buy food, katanas (if Zoro gets another one broken (x ) .... But Luffy, doesnt give a damn about gold. I think he knows, a little, what it is, and if it was gold, i dont think he would take it. he just wants to become Pirate King.

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

But, as you might have noticed, nobody but Nami is interested in cash. (x
    But all of them could use some - to imrpove ship, buy food, katanas (if Zoro gets another one broken (x ) .... But Luffy, doesnt give a damn about gold. I think he knows, a little, what it is, and if it was gold, i dont think he would take it. he just wants to become Pirate King.
    So you're saying that Gold Roger figured the Straw Hat Crew would find his treasure in the future and thus sold all of his treasure to buy something which would make the Straw Hats happy?

Luffy doesn't know what is in One Piece and frankly he doesn't care. He's a pirate because he wants to be and finding one piece is how he can prove what a great pirate he is.
    Last edited by Wio; 04-29-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    So you're saying that Gold Roger figured the Straw Hat Crew would find his treasure in the future and thus sold all of his treasure to buy something which would make the Straw Hats happy?
    Not really, what i met to say is that it cant be treasure, or more precisely - gold, because ... ah (x .... it just cant be that, its something else, but we will see in time.. if Oda-san comes out and makes which says "The "One Piece" is "that", "that" and "that"... there would be no point in continuing making the anime and manga. It should be something that no one is expecting, maybe Oda-san doesnt decided what will it be yet.
    Patience, young padawan, patience.... you shall find out the great mystery uncovered in time.. (x
    Last edited by 4mourn; 04-29-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

i dont think its gold or a sword or any type of weapon. I'm pretty sure Oda has it as something with a much more deeper meaning. Something that'll relate to Roger and his crew and his travels or all the ppl he met or information he found out from the archaeologic hieroglyphs. Cuz to him it might be the greatest treasure but to others it could b trash. Then again maybe its not even something tangible.

no clue, maybe one-piece is a one piece bathing suit and his treasure is the woman wearing it...
    haha i thought of a bathing suit when i first saw the title "One Piece" at the manga shelves.

Junior Member shiroi_kage is a jewel in the rough shiroi_kage is a jewel in the rough shiroi_kage is a jewel in the rough shiroi_kage's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2009 09:28 PM
    Threads

I've never really thought about it before...the whole 'what is the treasure One Piece' deal.
    The flow of time is always cruel...
    Its speed seems different for every person,
    But no one can change it...
    A thing that doesn't change with time
    Is a memory of younger days.
    ~Sheik-Legend of Zelda~

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm sure it will be something to do with friendship. It just reeks of it.

I was thinking it might be "One Piece of a Dream" or something that has hope in it.

Senior Member agiup is infamous around these parts agiup's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 10:38 PM
    Threads

i think its a treasure map haha lol

Junior Member xXRoronoaZoroXx is on a distinguished road xXRoronoaZoroXx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:39 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: it dont work -_-

For me the one piece would be enough money to buy out 4kids forever hahahahaha!
    4kids killed One Piece but thanks to FUNimation who were also responsable for the FMA
    redub which was awesome One Piece has been saved and the uncut DVDs rock!
    Last edited by xXRoronoaZoroXx; 05-12-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: 4kids suck! That's a fact

attacking from behind is a shameless act among swordsmen

Senior Member Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 06:15 AM
    Threads

i think that the treasure is a.....RECIPE
    a recipe that would make the cooker(can't remember name)cooks suck
    Last edited by Shinigami_55; 05-12-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Junior Member SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King is a name known to all SJ King's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 05:20 PM
    Threads

I'm guessing it is something that has no importance to anyone but Gold Roger, and the only reason Roger did that before he died was so he could create a great pirate age.

It's probably like his voyage diary or something. My second guess would be that once they reach one piece, they have all met there goals.

Closed Thread

Thread Information