AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Princess Mononoke

Member Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2009 12:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Princess Mononoke

When I was really young my dad used to rent this movie ALL the time, and it hasn't been until now that I just realized.....ITS ANIME!!! So who likes it? I wish I could watch it again! I should rent it again!
    Did someone call for Dan?

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 04:47 PM
    Threads

If you liked that one, you should check out some more Studio Ghibli works, such as Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away. They've made a lot of really good anime movies.

Kiki's Delivery Service also gets rave reviews, but I haven't seen that one yet. I loved Howl's, Spirted, and Monoke though...

Ghibli also made the first Lupin III movie adaptation, The Castle of Cagliostro.
    Last edited by Neddog; 04-15-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Senior Member ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2010 05:34 PM
    Threads

omg i loved that movie, i even bought it after seeing it at a friends house...

actually anything made by Hayao Miyazaki is purely amazing...

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 08:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The movie's extremely awesome. My parents bought it for me back when I was ten, even though I was unaware of the beheadings.

I always liked Miyazaki's work. This isn't my favorite (that's Nausicaa) but it's up there on the list.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Junior Member XxxScarlettxxX is on a distinguished road XxxScarlettxxX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2009 09:03 AM
    Threads

i love this film and most films by studio ghibli except pom poko.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2012 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

One of the few movies that has the honor of being on my DVD shelf.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Member Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy has a reputation beyond repute Bad Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:53 AM
    Threads

Oh no, the demon worms. Uhg,this movie gave me nitemares O: It was great,dont get me wrong,it was just kinda gross an freaky. 2 Thumbs up ^-^"

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Yay, Princess Mononoke! That's one of the classics along with Akira. I really loved this movie, it was heart-warming and action-packed. Ghibli really does do awesome stuff.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Member espeon977 is a glorious beacon of light espeon977 is a glorious beacon of light espeon977 is a glorious beacon of light espeon977 is a glorious beacon of light espeon977 is a glorious beacon of light espeon977's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2009 05:12 PM
    Journeying to the center of the Earth brb
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: ...I dunno

Don't even bother renting it again, just buy it. If any of them are around you, they should have a new one at F.Y.E, if you're lucky Best Buy, and maybe Newbury Comics, but it'll be used there, but cheaper (usually they have excellent quality there for used things, I get a new DVD, not a scratch on it, I but a volume of Manga, it's better than what you buy at a store that has a bunch of manga-cows).

I loved the movie ^_^ I first watched it on TV, when Cartoon Network had the Month of Miyazaki, but I think I missed most of it, since I only remember less than half the gore and blood XD I didn't notice the guy getting his arm shot off and screaming about it until I watched the DVD a second time >_> I was pretty tired when I watched it.

Member Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga has a reputation beyond repute Revenga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2009 10:48 PM
    Threads

It has and always will be one of my favorites

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by espeon977 View Post
    I loved the movie ^_^ I first watched it on TV, when Cartoon Network had the Month of Miyazaki, but I think I missed most of it, since I only remember less than half the gore and blood XD I didn't notice the guy getting his arm shot off and screaming about it until I watched the DVD a second time >_> I was pretty tired when I watched it.
    It could just have been that CN edited out most of the gore. You know, it is a childrens channel mostly.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2015 09:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This movie wins for epic justice. Period.

It was one of the classics in the history of my anime watching lifespan. Along with Galaxy Express 999 and Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture.

I still need to see all of Howl's Moving Castle, but Spirited Away was pure brilliance. =D

In any case, this movie is proof that there is some good in the world, or, at least, there really is epic in the world.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2010 12:49 AM
    Threads

I knew I had to buy it once it came out on DVD. One of the first animes I bought.

Junior Member Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth has a reputation beyond repute Damian Teeth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 03:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by XxxScarlettxxX View Post
    i love this film and most films by studio ghibli except pom poko.
    That's sad to hear. Pom Poko is my favorite one!

Senior Member MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2010 10:07 PM
    Threads

I love Princess Mononoke. It was the first Ghibli title I ever saw and it was just amazing.
    Never rent it! Buy It!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neddog View Post
    Kiki's Delivery Service also gets rave reviews, but I haven't seen that one yet. I loved Howl's, Spirted, and Monoke though...
    Kiki's delivery service is one of Miyazaki's best I think.
    it is a great story that anyone can enjoy

Senior Member Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2009 06:54 AM
    Threads

It's a fantastic film. A+ stuff

My Rate Your Music Page
    PSN: Lordwindowlicker XBL: Lwindowlicker Steam: Lordwindowlicker

Kid, pick up with another, some will even drop you, but hearts are built like rubber, so you'll be alright.

Member Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya has a reputation beyond repute Yuliya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2010 03:48 AM
    Threads

Princess Mononoke is awesome! I always wanted to be her when I was little. I mean, she's basically the princess of the animals, and what is mroe awesome than that? When it comes to Miyazaki, this one is second only to My Neighbor Totoro (The movie of my childhood, I heart Totoro!)

Senior Member Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2011 07:55 AM
    Threads

It's an excellent movie made by an excellent director & produced by an excellent company. What else needs to be said besides: Hayao Miyazaki IS epic win. In my humble opinion, anyway.
    Just remember, when life gives you lemons make chocolate milk & force the rest of the world to wonder how the hell you did it.

That was pretty cool. I should always chuck a bifurcated corpse in front of me when I need to make an entrance.

Junior Member xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx is a splendid one to behold xxSilverAngelxx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2009 09:23 AM
    Threads

Default Ghiblis studios is amazing OMG!!

OMG i love this anime it is the best i love the wolves they are gorgeus but i like all of ghibli studios movies and i am anime mad i cant wait to go and buy it and nausicca cos i dont have those ones.

Ikuto is the best!!

Member Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora has a reputation beyond repute Japandora's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2009 07:30 PM
    Threads

Princess Mononoke (or Mononoke Hime) remains one of my favorite anime of all time, and I still believe it to be one of Ghibli's best works to date, even better than Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Here is a beautifully illustrated anime with a heart-wrenching narrative, choc-a-bloc full of symbolism, characters brought to life by talented voice actors (in both the Japanese and English), and also educational in the sense that it loosely depicts some of Japan's history. This is an anime that can be enjoyed by virtually anyone, which is probably why you didn't even at first realize it was Japanese animation. =D

I'd also like to say that Mononoke Hime is one of the only anime where I actually prefer the American voice dub to the original Japanese, namely because Billy Crudup's voice, in my humble opinion, was destined for the role of Ashitaka. And lets not forget the cast of ultra talented actors like Billy Bob Thornton, Minnie Driver, Jada Pinkett Smith, Gillian Anderson, and Keith David (the voice of Goliath from Gargoyles and Spawn from the Spawn animated series). Even Claire Danes somehow managed to hold her own.

"When a girl ceases to blush, she has lost the most powerful charm of her beauty." ~Gregory I

Junior Member LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2009 12:48 PM
    Threads

Good stuff! I recently got to see Howl's Moving Castle and that was excellent too.

I'm a weinie AF! MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 02:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LeRolls View Post
    Good stuff! I recently got to see Howl's Moving Castle and that was excellent too.
    Me too^^
    When I put up a link you click it, it will be good! I find videos so you don't have to!

Battle God cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus has a reputation beyond repute cyrus the virus's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2011 06:39 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    One of the few movies that has the honor of being on my DVD shelf.
    i was thinkin the same thing.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!

Senior Member Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2012 12:16 AM
    Threads

I've never seen a movie directed by Miyazaki that I didn't like. Though I've only seen KiKi, Mononoke and Howl. He never disappoints.
    (Fun fact- Howl= Batman! How awesome is that?)

I loved all the character designs in that film, especially the squiggly demon possessed arm. It's all like WHOOOO!

the truth is out there Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2014 09:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I absolutely love Princess Mononoke! My parents got it for me when I was 9 or 10. I watched it everyday pretty much. But then my parents somehow got the idea that I lost interest in it (I think they were just fed up from seeing it everyday), so they ended up giving my tape to a niece one year.
    So at least I was able to watch it at my sister's house. My niece watched it everyday, same as I did.

I've yet to see other movies by Miyazaki though. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot.

I WANT TO
    BELIEVE

i'm here and i heart scully
    tumblr

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information