AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Participate in Nations 2010 rpg

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 53.33%
  • No

2 13.33%
  • Will consider

5 33.33%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OOC: RPG Poll: Nations 2010 RPG

God of Destruction Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2011 09:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default OOC: RPG Poll: Nations 2010 RPG

This is a poll to determine whether or not anyone is interested in such an RPG. I prefer to post it here, so as not to possibly get in trouble with LadySerenity for putting up a poll with no permission.

If a total of ten-fifteen people are willing to play, then I will give the details of the RPG to lady serenity.

This is a stragey/social/political Roleplay ive come up with. For those who have read either Eric Flints Ring of Fire books, or Harry Turtledoves Victorious South, World War, or Colonization series the rp will be played like a story.

You can either be the leader of a country, or you can be a small no account player that will have a mahor effect on the path the country takes later on.

In this, you pick any nation in the world (in existance at date of summer 2008) or you can create a Nation of your own (you will have to show us the borders[you can do this by getting an outline map of another country and drawing your border] you will also be required to have a flag) or you can bring back to life older Nations.

Anyways, after picking your country, write a sort of character sheet for it, which includes the name of the leader (the player controls the leader and those under him) and a brief history leading up to 2010.

Changes can be made to nations, but the changes cant be too dramatic (exp: USA going commie or nazi or islamofacist, however humorous some of those could be) Also, their capabilities are to be as realistic as possible.

Nation: New German Empire
    Leader: Sebastian von Munchen
    Party/Affiliation: Germany First Party/Militarist
    Flag:

Summary: With the continuing decline of the American economy, and Russia's rise in strength, several militaristic parties attempted to gain control in an effort to bring Germany to a major power status in europe. Of the parties that tried to gain power, the Germany First Party was the most successful. Gaining control of the Reichstag, the people quickly brought Sebastian von Munchen into power. Charismatic and a very skilled orator, he began to purpose sweeping changes in the economy, gearing Germany's economy to one of military focus, in an effort to prepare for whatever move the Russians would make. He started a nuclear weapons program in late 2009

Name: Sebastian Von Muchen
    Nationality: German/Polish
    Bio: A new and charismatic new leader of the world stage, his moves in Germany have alarmed some, while others have applauded him for his moves to strengthen his country in this time of instability. He is known to be cold and calculating when necessary, and has made himself known that those who stand in the way of Germanys future are soon thrown into the ash heap by the voters. Yet despite his goals of renewed German strength, he would prefer to move through diplomacy rather then through might. It is his goal to revive the strength of the EU in an effort to curp Russian military strength.
    Last edited by Josun Tomoro; 04-29-2009 at 06:58 PM.

A great webcomic!! Full of humor, angst, and occasional fanservice!

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Really neat idea.. Curious to see how it would play out though since playing as a nation vice playing as a single character is a huge difference when it comes to what has to be thought about.

God of Destruction Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The ideal of playing as a nation is as the leader who is making decisions. Not controlling the nation as a whole :P

Nice to see some interest this early into making the post

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Definitely something unique I haven't seen before, but I can't help but think someone will abuse it (as some do in RPG) and just come along and declare their country to be some kind of crazy Gundam producing anime country with cyborgs and other BS.

How would you referee such an RPG which to me seems a hell of a lot more encompassing than your typical RPG?

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Things have to be in the reasonable realm of whats available from the year 2008 to what is expected a year from now. Technology would not have changed much at all except in consumer goods, which wouldnt effect the political or Military enviroment of most nations.

The ideal here is to take actions that could happen feasibly or might already be happening. While one can create some situations, they cannot be too out of reality.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm uninterested in playing myself, but I demand someone play Estonia for Great Justice.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That could be arranged, though you of course could play.

Any reason you dont want too :P?

Member Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2009 09:06 AM
    Threads

I'll be interested in this, this is an awesome idea man!

==============================
    Nation: Canadian Federation
    Leader: Calvin J. Robertson
    Party/Affiliation: Canadian Freedom Party/Democratic-Liberal
    Flag:

Summary: The Canadian Federation is the common name given to Canada after the "Quebec Conflict" in June 2009, where much of the province rebelled against the Prime Minister's mishandling of the recession and financial crisis. The Prime Minister was ousted during the July Crisis of 2009, replaced by "Calvin J. Robertson" of the newly formed "Canadian Freedom Party." The "Robertson Reforms," where PM Robertson reformed much of the Canadian economy and military (in the name of gaining further independence from the US sphere of influence), ensued throughout 2009, as the Quebec Conflict continued through several major rebellions and protests, until its end in December 4, 2009 with the "Montreal Accords."

Name: Calvin J. Robertson
    Nationality: Canadian
    Bio: Calvin J. Robertson (born December 26, 1973) was a young politician who was, initially, part of the Liberal Party of Canada until 2009. Much of Canada supported his movement, due to the former PM's mistakes causing much of the Canadian economy's decline. Though, in the aftermath of the Quebec Conflict and the oppression of Quebec that ensued, public opinion began to turn against him in late 2009. His entrance into 2010 laid a deeply controversial public opinion on his leading of Canada, and his popularity began to fall throughout December 2009.
    ==============================

Is this sort of the idea of it?
    Last edited by Yamato-kun; 04-15-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Official Motto of the European Federation Enforcers Corps
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
    "If you seek peace, prepare for war"

AsuCaga Forever!

Signature by AdeptZero (Seed Genesis Forums)
    SEED Loyalist

Writing List:
    Project "L" - Postponed
    Gundam SEED: Continuation - Current Writing
    Hephaestus' Chronicles - Postponed
    21st Century Wars - Postponed

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yep Yamato-kun. Youve got the ideal of how things are set-up.

Hoepfully this one will gain more participation then it did on animeb. (one person posted infrequently, and the other two were gone for two weeks after i started it :P)

Now, for those who dont know, there are now two countries available to live under that are different. By this, I mean two countries with PC's running things.

Canadian Federation-
    Yamato-kun: Calvin J. Robertson

New German Empire-
    Josun Tomoro: Sebastian Von Muchen

Players can pick to be people of lower importance within a country, but it is preferred if it is within nations with a PC leader.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

For the time being, Ill allow this to stay here in Misc

...and I call Ireland! I have dibs on it, you hear me? DIBS!!!

XD

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Once i reach fifteen people who intend to play, I will ask if it can be transferred to the RPG section.

And of course, Ireland is now Reserved by MaruDashi

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

Seems workable I might be interested...
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Good to know. Im curious as to what country youll pick

It will be interesting to see i fyou choose to join. As I usually say in RPG's, the more the Merrier!!

One way to bring more people in is to tell your friends!!

EDIT: From recent events, I would love to see someone play as an independent Texas :P

EDIT2: I am creating a Texas nation, but anyone joining may play it. (referring to recent statements from Govenor Rick Perry about Texas secession from the US)

Nation: Republic of Texas
    Leader: Jeremy Hindsdon
    Party Affiliation: Texas Freedom Party/Democratic Authoritarian
    Flag:
    Summary: The recession hit much of the United States hard, but Texas's economy was one of the hardest hit. Much of Texas's economy was based on the oil it produced, which was used for both normal energy and for autmobiles. Being a conservative state, they naturally were dsicontent with the election of President Barak Obama. Many though did not believe there was anything to be done.

However, in mid April, 2009, Govenor Rick Perry proposed the ideal that secession could solve Texas's problems. While many believed this was just Perry Plotting for his reelection. But One man, and a following, did not.

Jeremy Hindson began to draw support among the public for the ideal, emphasizing how Washington no longer represented them. He began having meetings with stat senators and with the Govenor himself. By September of 2009, Plans had been setup for the secession of Texas.

On October 5th, 2009, Texas formally declared Independence from the United States of America, froming the Republic of Texas. Rick Perry was made President with Jeremy Hindson leading up as VP. However, he would be thrust into position of President two weeks later when Rick Perry was assasianated outside his home, who cried "For the UNION!!". Jeremy has since began to crack down on border secruity and internal security to make sure another move like this does not occur.

Name: Jeremy Hindson
    Nationality: Texan
    Bio: Jeremy Hindson never expected to amount to much. He was a simple newspaper writer in a small town in western Texas, and only a minor member of one of the few Texas Secession groups. He had only joined because several of his family and friends were in the group.

But as 2009 dawned, with evenets seeming to spiral further down, he began to give the ideal more thought. Through his newly created online Newspaper, he started fanning the flames of secession. But not untill april did they turn into a spark.

After Rick Perry's statements involving secession, he ralleyed and campaigned across Texas, drawing large crowds and starting the chant across Texas "SECEDE!! SECEDE!!"

It took time to convince Govenor Rick Perry to agree and push it through the State Senate. When the nation of Texas was formed, he became Vice President. No more then two weeks later Jeremy became President when Rick Perry was assasianted.
    Last edited by Josun Tomoro; 04-17-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Uniquely Unique... FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2019 01:03 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I do not have one.

Josun Tomoro,

Thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it.

Like last time (which did not end up working out to well, my apologies...), I am going to have to say maybe.

I am working my bum off right now due to having finals for the next two weeks and then I get a lovely nine days off before my next semester begins/starts with twice the work load. Yay? Hardly. Well, sort of... No comment nonetheless. I am rambling now anyway.

So maybe. I will see how things go.

Thanks again for the offer.

~Fae

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

oooooo... This COULD be interesting! I'd have taken Ireland If Maru didn't already STEAL it!!! How could you Maru? *cries hysterically*

...hrm.. *clears throat* Now I have to come up with something else. I WAS going to claim Ireland until MaruDashi took it! -_-

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You can take Texas :P

Good to have you along btw

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well I do live in texas so it's a possibility... just for the sake of having something that has something to do with me. I was actually considering like... China or Russia but those would probably be difficult. Probably really difficult.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wondering now .. how do people create new nations, considering that we would have to use existing territorial boundaries, that could impact on a choice someone else would have?

I mean, if I arbitrarily declare the Roman Empire restored, that negates the choices of all countries in the Empire from everyone else. What if someone wanted Italy?

Or I wanted to make a new country composed of both Afghanistan and Pakistan and say that the Taleban achieved full control (not at all unimaginable given Pakistan's current state). What is someone wanted Pakistan since they live there, or get all pissed off because of what I insinuated?

Just looking for more guidelines. Canada is taken so I can't have that anymore, and I am interested in making a new nation but curious to see how this would be addressed since we're effectively writing the very futures of countries or ones not yet in existence, which affect the ones we know now.

Member Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun has a reputation beyond repute Yamato-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Wondering now .. how do people create new nations, considering that we would have to use existing territorial boundaries, that could impact on a choice someone else would have?

I mean, if I arbitrarily declare the Roman Empire restored, that negates the choices of all countries in the Empire from everyone else. What if someone wanted Italy?

Or I wanted to make a new country composed of both Afghanistan and Pakistan and say that the Taleban achieved full control (not at all unimaginable given Pakistan's current state). What is someone wanted Pakistan since they live there, or get all pissed off because of what I insinuated?

Just looking for more guidelines. Canada is taken so I can't have that anymore, and I am interested in making a new nation but curious to see how this would be addressed since we're effectively writing the very futures of countries or ones not yet in existence, which affect the ones we know now.
    Well, he told me it has to happen within the years of 2008 and 2010, so new Roman Empire is doubtful... lmao, Pakistan's being newbified by the Taliban right now, it's pathetic really. I was looking for a "European Federation" type of country, including 9 European nations (based on my 2nd Cold War story, working on the European Federation Armed Forces right now ^^)

Oh, btw Josun, is your New German Empire of the Second or Third Reich territories or current Germany territories?
    Last edited by Yamato-kun; 04-18-2009 at 03:43 PM.

AsuCaga Forever!

SEED Loyalist

Writing List:
    Project "L" - Postponed

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Answer time!!

Yugure's Goddess@: Neat fact to know. But playing Russia or China wouldnt be too hard, not in my mind anyways.

I plan on posting up a post of how me and my friends on the other site, till the rpg died for lack of participation (shouldnt have let people who are usually on hiatus :P)

But I dont figure China or Russia would be all that hard.

Sagat@ Things get tricky here. You would have to bring out some heavy details to explain how the Roman Empire had been reborn. (do you mean the whole Roman Empire or just Italy being renamed the Roman Empire?)

As for the Pakistan/Afghanistan merge, I have no problem with, though you will need good explainations as to why America pulled troops out (probally wouldnt take much anyways :P)

If a Player wanter to play as one of those though, there is a way they could. They could be the leader of a resistance group that is trying to liberate their nation.

Yamato-kun@: The New German Empire consists of the Territories of the Federal Republic of Germany. (modern day current germany)

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Yugure's Goddess View Post
    oooooo... This COULD be interesting! I'd have taken Ireland If Maru didn't already STEAL it!!! How could you Maru? *cries hysterically*

...hrm.. *clears throat* Now I have to come up with something else. I WAS going to claim Ireland until MaruDashi took it! -_-

love
    dani
    dude
    Well, I wouldnt mind swapping to Scotland and giving you Ireland =3

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Uniquely Unique... FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Josun Tomoro,

You do realize that people can cheat the system then, right?

If an individual goes to make up a country of their own, regardless of the Summer of 2008 bit, they could just take a no longer existing country and re-make it to suit their fancy. Correct?

Technically that would be creating their own country, yet taking the easy way out as well.

Sorry, I just thought that I would mention that. I get rather amused, rather easily. Heh... *grins a bit*

~Fae

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, thats at least half of what I was figuring theyd do.

But, as stated earlier, the countries that are created must be in the relam of reality and feasibility (and the GM's discreetion :P, but thats a given)

If im understanding correctly, your saying that someone could decide to use the area that is Kurdistan (which was a nation for a period of time in the past) and change it to Communistbarbie island.

Tweaks have to be in a reasonable range, as one has to remember the capabilities of the nation there playing as (if they pick an exisiting one) or the area they pick for the new country, or the region that a now gone country would have within there borders today.

And I have no problem with People swithcing, provided its not before the start of the rp.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Josun Tomoro View Post
    But, as stated earlier, the countries that are created must be in the relam of reality and feasibility (and the GM's discreetion :P, but thats a given)

Tweaks have to be in a reasonable range, as one has to remember the capabilities of the nation there playing as (if they pick an exisiting one) or the area they pick for the new country, or the region that a now gone country would have within there borders today.

And I have no problem with People swithcing, provided its not before the start of the rp.
    Well.. it's sort of doubtful, given the countries of today that a Roman Empire can be formed.. and the alliances, right? lol

AsuCaga Forever!

SEED Loyalist

Writing List:
    Project "L" - Postponed

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Josun Tomoro
    Yes, thats at least half of what I was figuring theyd do.

If im understanding correctly, your saying that someone could decide to use the area that is Kurdistan (which was a nation for a period of time in the past) and change it to Communistbarbie island.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-kun
    Well.. it's sort of doubtful, given the countries of today that a Roman Empire can be formed.. and the alliances, right?

That is exactly what I was trying to say. The Roman Empire... Ahehhehhehhehheh *Grins maliciously* (Sorry, I really like history. Ha-ha!)

Anyway, good luck with that, really.

Josun, that would make the most sense. What I stated above, and what Yamato-kun had stated as well. Otherwise the rules would be contradicting each other... Do you not think?

*smiles* I am just trying to get all of this down pat.

I was just curious as into why you would allow people the chance to make up their own countries, if in turn, they could not use ones of the past, yet recreated. Although as I stated above, with the Summer 2008 dead mark, it would not make any sense at all to say, "create your own country, yet it has to be in the realm of reality and it has to be feasible." Making something up at all would hardly be classified as "reality," no? And alas, of course, the game masters discretion is inevitable. *Smiles*

Oh gods! That would be awful! Did you know that if Barbie were real, the bloody doll would be over 7' 2" tall. Scary. Let alone a Communist... That is one island I would never visit. It would be like Jurassic Park all over again. Well, that with the horrid make-up and hair parties of doom included. I could only imagine a My-Size Barbie, not only being a Communist, but let alone being real. *Shutters at the thought*

~Fae

Closed Thread

Thread Information