AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Manga Thread [Spoilers]

Member rotlung is on a distinguished road rotlung's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2011 10:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: One Piece Manga Thread [Spoilers]

I'm actually more interested in what Rayleigh is doing at the island of women. Does this mean he's done coating the Thousand Sunny??? (He's had plenty of time to do it) Is he there to train Luffy how to use his "King's power" and move him up to the power lvl of Shanks??? It great that Chopper and Ussop r doing well but it lacks anything I"m curious about.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Just as it seems, Raleigh showed up at the Island of Women after Kuma told him that's where he sent Luffy; he went there in order to tell Luffy about how he should move forward from this situation, since simply going back to Shabody Archipelago and waiting for his crew is not an option due to the marines. From there, it would seem they left the Island of Women and did something to cause a ruckus and make newspaper headlines so he could essentially tell his crew where he is so they can come to him...this is what the quick scenes with Usopp and Chopper finding out something in the newspaper was supposed to show us, since they both already seemed to have found out about the events at Marineford.

It switched over to Chopper and Usopp because the series will now briefly focus on the members of the crew getting off the islands that Kuma sent them too and meeting up with Luffy. I'd imagine the next chapter will show the other crew members leaving their respective islands just as was done with Usopp and Chopper.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Still the crew will head to Shabody Archipelago because Rayeigh left his vivi card with Sharky (i think that is her name). That means the crew will gather there. Also several of the crewmates have other pressing problems. Brooks is helping the people that "summoned" him. Nami is stuck on a small sky island slowly making her way back. . Robin is going to try and help the people on the bridge.

Ussop, Chopper, Zoro, Sanji and Franky are going to try and make it back ASAP but the others have thing to either help out with or learn.

The only thing I'm not taking into account is how long it took Luffy to Travel to Impel Down, break in and out plus go to Marineford and the battle that took place there. I'm still not sure how much time has passed from when they each got blown onto the differant islands....

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah so it seems more time has passed than I thought (or everyone has dealt with most of thier problems rahter quickly) I also can't help but think that Kuma place each crewmate on each island for a reason.

Nami is learing weather stuff.

Zoro is on Mihawk's island

Sanji is on the crossdressing island fighting a he-she that is stronger than him.

Franky is on Vegapunk's home island.

I'm not totally sure of the others but I think each of them were sent to an island to learn something by Kuma in preparation for the New World

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, we did learn recently that Kuma was a former member of Dragon's revolutionary group, so perhaps knowing that Luffy is Dragon's son meant he was trying to protect/assist Luffy's crew, while not giving away that he was not supportive of the World Government.

Also, it would seem that Ivankov's voice actor has been arrested in Japan. He'd apparently been working on a yakuza-like tattoo over the last 10 years, and now that it's almost complete he posted pictures of it on his website; but he was semi-nude in the pictures and didn't censor some certain body parts out, and has been arrested on charges of indecency (in Japan, pictures or video of uncensored genitalia is a punishable offense). From what I'd read the government apparently has a bit of a grudge against him anyway, as he runs a gay nightclub somewhere in the Tokyo area and is supposedly on good terms with some yakuza. Not sure how this will effect the future of Ivankov in the anime.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

wow that is crazy.... i also think the genitalla thing has something to do with pubic hair being visable if I remember correctly....

Anyway yeah I can definatly see that playing into the storyline.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It'll be interesting to see how each member gets back to Shabody Archipelago, since the latest chapter revealed that quite a few of the members are in bad situations o_O I doubt Kuma will just tell Luffy where he sent everyone, so I can't wait to see how this all folds out.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BishounenTao PSN ID: BishieShu XFIRE ID: snx21 Steam ID: BishieShu

Less than one week...it's almost here....FINALLY! *stops scratching the padded cell walls*

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah I've been checking everyday to see if the site i go to has it posted.... Should be anyday now

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BishounenTao PSN ID: BishieShu XFIRE ID: snx21 Steam ID: BishieShu

I've just read it, the pace was kinda slow but god was it awesome!

Luffy became awesome, Zoro became awesome, Usopp became a man, Sanji grew a stubble, Brook is famous, Nami grew bewbs and hair, Robin grew hair, Franky has a new look and chopper...well he's still chopper!

I can't wait to see what new skills they've learned!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by TomoyoSakagami View Post
    Nami grew more bewbs and hair
    Fix'd.

Yeah, it was pretty great. I'm glad the character designs weren't changed too much (with the exception of Franky). I can't wait for the crew to finally be all together again.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah just got done with it.

I see some serious *** kicking about to happen to the imposters. Everyone is differant and interesting is so many way I"m over whelmed atm....

For the Record...

I like Sanji"s subble

Nami looks so much better with her hair long like that.

Ussopp is HUGE!!!! Can u say "Welcome to the gun show"

Luffy has a new attitude and it offically kicks ***.

Brook is now the new Jimi Hendrix...

Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2014 07:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

This chapter was pretty darn awesome. =3 I can't wait until next week.

| PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Franky and Zoro were kind of void in the chapter... Granted I'm sure Franky has upgraded him self and the single shot we have a Zoro so far is the cover shot of him with a scar over his eye.

I'm curious what happens when the Imposters mess with Luffy. Is he going to just kick their butt or use some crazy new ability on them to shrug them off

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oda seems to be dragging out the time it takes for the whole crew to get together; especially Luffy, who has yet to meet anyone. I figured we'd see most of the crew reunited by now, rather than these one-one-one meet ups. The most we've seen together is Chopper, Nami, Usopp, and Franky.

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Threads

Yeah it's taking a long time for nothing, I get that oda wanted the crew to kick a$$ right at the beginning but the whole thing with the fake strawhats, beyond the fact that they are going to get torn apart, is really unnecessary.

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

Senior Member Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale has a reputation beyond repute Finale's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Bleach Kon Bell Balalaika
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2010 06:36 PM
    Threads

Well im sure theres some sort of plot >_>
    There is no good or evil, only giving and taking
    and taking is what I do best.

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

think of it this way ... remember that marine way at the beginning of one piece who tied zoro up to a poll... yeah well that guy was only in the story to get demolished. Same with bellamy.. there are some characters who are only present to fall victim to the mighty wrath of the strawhat pirates.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

true but both of those people were "well known" and had differant ideas how the world works. They were stepping stones for Luffy to become known for.

Also this will set a precedent for anyone else who thinks they can take up the Monkey D Luffy. If he kicks their butt and even better hands them over to the Marines for the bounty (which would be hilarious) It not only tells the world that Strawhat is back but it let them know that u don't impersonate him either.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Seems to me that Oda is dragging out this mermaid arc. I really hope it ends up leading to something, and not just 50 or so pages of essentially nothing.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

21. Dislikes EpickaNESS disliked this post
    Delirious K-pop Fanboy Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Reading One Piece to me has always been like watching the excruciating set up of a really elaborate domino display that goes down in a spectacular crash of action and noise. It just makes it so painful every arc to have to see the set up again even with the rich story.

I can relate though. I really just want to see more of the Straw Hat crew kicking collective butt rather than any more of Hody's gloating/questioning of beliefs and motivations. The stage is set for his and Luffy's final fight at least. Also really itching for an intense Zoro fight. Really really on the edge of my seat for that one.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ditto for the zoro fight but I have a feeling that no matter how strong hodi will get, he won't stand much of a chance against luffy .. just saying =D

Junior Member EpickaNESS is on a distinguished road EpickaNESS's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2011 03:30 AM
    Threads

Yeah....just hope it'll have an epic ending!

Also, check this out. He reviews the latest episode of onepiece. It's actually really informative!

Gil
    Bashful
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Seems like the mermaid arc is finally (and hopefully) coming to a close. I'm interested to see if Jimbei actually will join Luffy's crew sometime in the future (although I doubt it. Luffy stated he wanted 10 crew members, and I doubt Jimbei will be the final member). I'm also curious that if the fact that the princess is that weapon they were talking about, then will the pirates stay down there longer? Or will that lead to some event in the future?

Sig by Feferi <3

-Mark Twain

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm happy to see that Oda still remembers his lore, since he seemed to have forgotten about it since the war on Marineford.

Interesting that Poseidon ended up being a strange powers occasionally inherited by mermaids, but I think this raises an even bigger question: what of Pluton, the other ancient weapon with the ability to destroy whole islands? Franky burned the blueprints to it on Water 7, but we do know that it is a very large, ancient warship. Given this, is it possible that Noah is Pluton? Noah has clear ties to the "Poseidon" power, and it was said that it was being reserved for the time when another mermaid inherited the power - Shirahoshi.

We also know that Gold Roger knew the location of one of the weapons, and he had been to Fishman Island. This would have been before Shirahoshi's birth, so he couldn't have known about her, but he would definitely have seen Noah sitting on the ocean flow on the way to Fishman Island.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 12-07-2011 at 08:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information