AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Clamp

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wanted to talk about the actual artist themselves, the group. The wonder, Clamp.
    Clamp has been very disappointing as of late. I really do hate their Xxxholic and Tsubasa Chronicle crossover thing.
    I hate how you kind of have to know what happened in Tsubasa to get Xxxholic, kind of.
    Now I'm afraid they are going to do something so freakin weird to their latest work Legal Drug, and I don't want them too.
    Can't they just have a normal series, where series don't have to blend in with others?
    God I want something new from Clamp.
    What are your guy's thoughts on Clamps latest stories?
    What are your guy's thoughts on their crossover ideas?

I'm going to be a spammer and one of those idiots that double post.

Edit: Already gave my self some negative points for this idiocy.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 03-26-2009 at 01:40 AM.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Senior Member Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2009 11:59 PM
    Threads

Personally, about the only thing i have liked from CLAMP was Chobits...Ive never cared much for Tsubasa or xxxHolic-and I thought Legal Drug was just terrible...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Satan's Child View Post
    I wanted to talk about the actual artist themselves, the group. The wonder, Clamp.
    Clamp has been very disappointing as of late. I really do hate their Xxxholic and Tsubasa Chronicle crossover thing.
    I hate how you kind of have to know what happened in Tsubasa to get Xxxholic, kind of.
    Now I'm afraid they are going to do something so freakin weird to their latest work Legal Drug, and I don't want them too.
    Can't they just have a normal series, where series don't have to blend in with others?
    God I want something new from Clamp.
    What are your guy's thoughts on Clamps latest stories?
    What are your guy's thoughts on their crossover ideas?
    Legal Drug isn't their "latest work". It's from 2000 and it was put on hiatus.

I like CLAMP's earlier works, such as Magic Knight Rayearth, Card Captor Sakura, and Angelic Layer. I think they started going downhill when they began to target a more male audience, starting with Chobits. Chobits wasn't bad, but it didn't seem up to par with their earlier works. TRC was always bland to me, and it seemed like they were just trying to get in on the popularity of long-running shounen series in recent years. xxxHOLiC was just uninteresting, and didn't real go anywhere. Another series they're currently working on, Kobato, is pretty bland as well, if not horribly generic.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    Legal Drug isn't their "latest work". It's from 2000 and it was put on hiatus.

I like CLAMP's earlier works, such as Magic Knight Rayearth, Card Captor Sakura, and Angelic Layer. I think they started going downhill when they began to target a more male audience, starting with Chobits. Chobits wasn't bad, but it didn't seem up to par with their earlier works. TRC was always bland to me, and it seemed like they were just trying to get in on the popularity of long-running shounen series in recent years. xxxHOLiC was just uninteresting, and didn't real go anywhere. Another series they're currently working on, Kobato, is pretty bland as well, if not horribly generic.
    I'm afraid they are going to do their usual crap with Legal Drug though.
    One of the characters look likes Clow Reed so badly, I'm afraid it is Clow Reed.
    I just think, you finished the Card Captor Sakura story, that is over with...please don't try to bring that character back.
    You finished the X 1999 story so please, don't try to branch out from that story, it's finished their shouldn't be more.
    Their work is so bland because they are staying on one story. They need something different.
    They need to stop wanting to continue with their CCS characters, it's over, start something new.
    That is my problem with Clamp.

Edit: They are a one trick pony.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Satan's Child View Post
    I'm afraid they are going to do their usual crap with Legal Drug though.
    One of the characters look likes Clow Reed so badly, I'm afraid it is Clow Reed.
    I just think, you finished the Card Captor Sakura story, that is over with...please don't try to bring that character back.
    You finished the X 1999 story so please, don't try to branch out from that story, it's finished their shouldn't be more.
    Their work is so bland because they are staying on one story. They need something different.
    They need to stop wanting to continue with their CCS characters, it's over, start something new.
    That is my problem with Clamp.

Edit: They are a one trick pony.
    Well, Legal Drug won't be their usual crap because it's almost 10 years old.

And they aren't continuing with the CCS story. TRC is entirely different and unrelated. They're just reusing the character designs. It was probably just for marketing, or at very least, lack of imagination.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    Well, Legal Drug won't be their usual crap because it's almost 10 years old.

And they aren't continuing with the CCS story. TRC is entirely different and unrelated. They're just reusing the character designs. It was probably just for marketing, or at very least, lack of imagination.
    You don't understand. TRC may be entirely different. But I sort of feel like it's kind of going over the love of Sakura and Shaoran from CCS. Like because they didn't pronounce the love more, they decided to make it more about their love. So they are halfway crossing over to the story of CCS. If that made any sense.

You don't know. They may think because XXXholic and TRC got so much love they may turn their Legal Drug into crap with their hands.

Junior Member sutare-chan is on a distinguished road sutare-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2009 09:28 AM
    Threads

TRC isn't so bad.... so, THAT Shao and THAT Sakura are not from Card Captor. it seems like (God! I have to read last chapters!....). Shaoran is their child and Sakura is the girl from the different world. and there are 2 more characters... may be exactly Kurogane and Fay (is that right spelling of their names?) are in the center of the story.
    of course, TRC is too long, but.....
    by the way. I think it's a story for someone, who'd like to see their favotite CLAMP-characters one more time.

sorry, if there is something wrong in my message....

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I personally love Card Captor Sakura, but everything after Chobits was absolutely bland and boring. Predictable. Monotonous.

=\
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Homo_4ever reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus has much to be proud of reno_rufus's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2009 10:28 AM
    Threads

Even I don't like that Tsubasa Chronicles, but I love xxxHolic. Especially there are Doumeki and Watanuki cheer the things up. XD Love both of them together.

Is this kind of love something forbidden?

Closed Thread

Thread Information