AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Infinite Undiscovery

Decendent Of Fianna Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2013 03:47 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Infinite Undiscovery

Okay I searched the forums and I actually did see a post on this game. However, that was before the game out and shortly after it was released. Now that the game is out and i'm sure some of the members of AnimeForum have either played the game, heard about it, and so and so. So I thought, why not post about it once again. In an attempt to see the opinions of others on the game.

Personally, I just bought the game. I am already on the second disc. I mean I like the game and everything, but it still feels like its lacking something. What that 'something' is I cant really place. I'll probably think of whatever it is I am thinking it needs at some random point during the day. In any case.

The game has left me with more questions than answers, or I'm possibly not paying as much attention as I should be to the game. Questions such as;

Why do Sigmund and Capell look alike? - Are they related, could they have been brothers?

Why can only Sigmund and Capell destroy the chains? - strange strange

Whats the point in binding the Moon with chains? What will that do? - Prevent the use of lunaglyphs?

Many more tha i cant think of at the moment. But i'm sure many of you the gamers out there either have their own theories about it. Well what where your thoughts on the game?
    "I have Negative Rep, help me on the quest to obtain 0 rep points"
    Current Rep: -1478 <--Mission Start.
    Thank You To All Supporters

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Sure, I'll spoiler a few things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Why do Sigmund and Capell look alike? - Are they related, could they have been brothers?

Sigmund = Capell's father. Strange as they are the same age of 17. I can't remember exactly what happened but Sigmund was changed into an infant somehow 17 years ago. Sigmund has a pretty sad past if I remember correctly.

Why can only Sigmund and Capell destroy the chains?

I don't think they ever really say why in the game. I believe that it is because they are unblessed. Late in the game you find that the Dreadknight's powers were given to him by the moon god (Who I can't remember.) And I'm guessing the chains are made using those powers and can't be damaged by anyone who's been blessed by the power of the moon god (people with... glyphs was it?).

Whats the point in binding the Moon with chains?
    I think the chains slowly shrink or something. They pull the moon towards the planet, which would make them collide and probably destroy everything.
    Last edited by Khanxay; 05-22-2009 at 07:16 PM.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Decendent Of Fianna Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2013 03:47 AM
    Threads

I suppose, i didnt get far enough to get to know all of that. I barely got to the part where your at Port Zala. By the answers, im assuming you beat, and or completed most of the game. Perhaps even just stumbled upon other places? So what was your take on the game? Worth buying in your oppinoun
    "I have Negative Rep, help me on the quest to obtain 0 rep points"
    Current Rep: -1478 <--Mission Start.
    Thank You To All Supporters

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

[quote=Khanxay;2266333]Sure, I'll spoiler a few things.

Sigmund = Capell's father. Strange as they are the same age of 17. I can't remember exactly what happened but Sigmund was changed into an infant somehow 17 years ago. Sigmund has a pretty sad past if I remember correctly.

Isn't Sigmund older than 17? He looks at least 30.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

Im not sure but i really couldnt get into this game i think it was because of that something you mentioned it seemed to be lacking to me.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    I suppose, i didnt get far enough to get to know all of that. I barely got to the part where your at Port Zala. By the answers, im assuming you beat, and or completed most of the game. Perhaps even just stumbled upon other places? So what was your take on the game? Worth buying in your oppinoun
    Yeah I beat it. I borrowed it from a friend (Who bought it before me to piss me off). It's hard to say if it's worth buying. If you like the game at this point, sure go ahead and buy it. But it's not a game you're gonna be playing much after you beat it once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrancar Grimmjow
    Isn't Sigmund older than 17? He looks at least 30.

Well he's technically old. But he's 17 in manual and has the body of one too. (A battle hardened one at least.) If I remember the story correctly: Sigmund is a king. Cappell was born on a lunar eclipse, making him not receive a lunarglyph at birth and making him an unblessed. Generally, people without lunarglyphs were outkast by society (exiled or killed). Cappell was exiled. Sigmund's wife, the queen, and mother of Cappell...died shortly after his birth. Sigmund abandons his kingdom due to the emotional damage of [basically he just lost his entire family]. Sigmund gets his lunarglyph removed but the process turns him into an infant. And that's why the game says both Sigmund and Cappell are the same age. And through the whole beginning of the game I thought they were lost twins or something.
    Last edited by Khanxay; 05-22-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i have 1 but idk it

They answer all of those questions in the game. I bought it when it first came out and found it quite enjoyable, especially the combat. It still could have been a lot better, it feels unfinished at times. The story should have been more fleshed out, and they should have worked more on the dubbing (the voices didn't match the mouth movement at all). Either way I felt it was an overall good game and one of the better JRPG's this gen. Hopefully Tri-Ace will make a sequel that corrects the firsts problems and short comings. I'd buy it day one.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Brojasu View Post
    It still could have been a lot better, it feels unfinished at times.
    I feel that the combat is a bit awkward at times. I mean, it's built on the Star Ocean engine... but Star Ocean 4's combat is so much more smoother.

Also I felt that this game could have been a pretty good MMO. I mean the is one part in the game where you run around in the desert just kill crap with like 11 AI characters.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post

Well he's technically old. But he's 17 in manual and has the body of one too. (A battle hardened one at least.) If I remember the story correctly: Sigmund is a king. Cappell was born on a lunar eclipse, making him not receive a lunarglyph at birth and making him an unblessed. Generally, people without lunarglyphs were outkast by society (exiled or killed). Cappell was exiled. Sigmund's wife, the queen, and mother of Cappell...died shortly after his birth. Sigmund abandons his kingdom due to the emotional damage of [basically he just lost his entire family]. Sigmund gets his lunarglyph removed but the process turns him into an infant. And that's why the game says both Sigmund and Cappell are the same age. And through the whole beginning of the game I thought they were lost twins or something.
    OH ok! so thats why he's the same age. Thanks for clearing that up. My brother was playing this game and got about 3/4 through before his x-box died so I guess that's why I didn't know that part.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i have 1 but idk it

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    I feel that the combat is a bit awkward at times. I mean, it's built on the Star Ocean engine... but Star Ocean 4's combat is so much more smoother.

Also I felt that this game could have been a pretty good MMO. I mean the is one part in the game where you run around in the desert just kill crap with like 11 AI characters.
    Personally I haven't played SO4 yet, but thats understandable. They probably learned a lot about the 360 after making IU.

Closed Thread

Thread Information