I just finished re-reading Harry Potter and the deathly hallows and I had a thought. Ok, so this may seem pretty random but dont the harry potter books have a lot of traits shared by shonen jump anime/manga - i mean shows like naruto, bleach etc.

Storytelling medium aside I'd say there is a lot. To start with the protagonist is a young male who gets progressively stronger throughout the series. He may not be the cleverist or most powerful, but he has unique abilities - and at the right moment in the story, can develop tremendous might or intelligence. He has a circle of close friends, all in their teens who go on to save the world, despite the eminantly more capable adults who abound. There are extensive flashbacks, awkward romance scenes, and long speeches about personal philosophies or how awesome some new character is. Then there are the long filler sections where not a lot happens - the characters appear weaker, and generally just argue amongst themselves (Im thinking a fair bit of books 5 and 6 really, and any number of filler arcs in any of the series mentioned above - ex the bount in bleach). The enemies get progressively stronger throughout the series. Finally important fights begin with staring contests almost as long as the fights themselves - (especially at the end of book 7)

I think, apart from the stuff in brackets, I just described both harry potter and all the series I listed at the start. So - am I talking bollocks? Are there any similarities? If so, which series is closest?