AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Looking for group

Sephiroth Fan Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2009 01:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Looking for group

Yeah, I know that you probably came in here thinking about the comic series, but no, this isn't about it. I'm looking for a group to play with on the internet. Preferably DnD v3.5, but I do play 4ed.

I have been looking for a while, but haven't found anyone to play with.

NOTE: I can't DM very good.

Bang...Bang.

Thane of Mimics ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2011 07:22 AM
    Threads

I have been Dming for awhile now, and have had plans going to get an RPG going, and I just need the players. We have four confirmed, and just as soon as we hammer out the more mundane details, we can roll with it. =) Post a character that you would like, I suggest a PC to myself as I will be the one running the game. Thanks and have a good one.
    " I am the Walker of Shadows, the Stuff of Nightmares, and you have two choices pup, either you submit, or you die. Plain and simple, so decide, or I will for you; fair warning, I usually take the easy way out."

Sephiroth Fan Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger has much to be proud of Jetzelsberger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Might I ask what kind of creatures are playable in this campaign? Because I like to play Rakshasa, Naztharune(MMIII pg. 136). If you say I can, then I'll go ahead and roll up a character.

Bang...Bang.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, last I knew we were starting level one, so I hope you don't mind being stuck in a monster class for 16 levels.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 04-06-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wait a second, DnD on AF? As in, rolls and all? I'd be thinking this would be going by the honor system then, with rolls.

If this is all true.. Where do I sign up? xD

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Hitler: I'm perfectly fine with starting as a level one. By the way, the level adjustment is only five, so the ecl for a level one would only be a six. I have digital copies of the books, though, I don't have all of them.

@Tetsanosuke: I don't know where to sign up, though when I find out, I'll let you know. *chuckles* =^.^=

Bang...Bang.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzelsberger View Post
    @Hitler: I'm perfectly fine with starting as a level one. By the way, the level adjustment is only five, so the ecl for a level one would only be a six. I have digital copies of the books, though, I don't have all of them.
    I'm talking the Savage Species rules for Monster PCs with ECL adjustments. You split up the abilities adjustments, SA, SQ, HD increases, Feats, etcetera, so that it conforms to a class that lasts as long as their race's ECL is. It's a much better way to allow PCs to play characters that have a ECL higher then the DM's level cap. It prevents someone from rolling a level one Hill Giant and soloing a room of goblins with it's huge stats.

It's kind of a pain to explain it, but it's a pretty beautiful method in practice. You'd end up rolling a character that is about as useful as any other level 1 character. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

Edit: Here's an example of the progression for a normal Rakshasa. I'm leaving out the starting "racial" adjustments to scores though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ECLadjust.png‎
Views:	91
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	24332  
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 04-06-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    I'm talking the Savage Species rules for Monster PCs with ECL adjustments. You split up the abilities adjustments, SA, SQ, HD increases, Feats, etcetera, so that it conforms to a class that lasts as long as their race's ECL is. It's a much better way to allow PCs to play characters that have a ECL higher then the DM's level cap. It prevents someone from rolling a level one Hill Giant and soloing a room of goblins with it's huge stats.

It's kind of a pain to explain it, but it's a pretty beautiful method in practice. You'd end up rolling a character that is about as useful as any other level 1 character. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

Edit: Here's an example of the progression for a normal Rakshasa. I'm leaving out the starting "racial" adjustments to scores though.
    You kind of confused me with this.

Bang...Bang.

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ Tetsanosuke: We could actually do that online in such a way that we wouldn't have to rely on the honor system. I know a couple sites with die-rolling mods. There is jsdice and Pen, Paper, and Pixel's Dice Bag which might be a bit better, since you have the choice of automatically adding modifiers, as well as the number of dice. So that's a bit better, I think, then trusting people to roll their own dice cause, I'm sorry, but I don't really trust a player to be honest about all of their rolls all the time. At least not most people.

I would love to play DnD online. Especially since I'm not really getting to do much with my group here. I'm also willing to DM because I'm already drawing up a campaign for my group here, but I like being a PC, too. *excited*

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Closed Thread

Thread Information