AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: MelodyHeal's drawings

Member MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2016 01:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default MelodyHeal's drawings

I know I haven't been on or posted much, but I'm now on Spring Break (yay!)

Anyways, this is my first time ever posting up a drawing of mine. o_o; Be nice please. I haven't really drawn for a long time, so I decided to do it again to be as good as my cousin. =D

My comments: I just finished this recently. There's many things I know I messed up on! Like the girl's face looks weird.. I'm not very good with shoes, hands, hair, maybe more. I guess I did okay with the wrinkles on the cloths? I think I also did okay with the shadows (my cousin says to practice and predict where they will be). I also made the picture darker so it would be easier to see the lines and the shadows.

Any tips, advice? Whatever comment you have.

P.S. I also had quotes there, but I erased it off when editing it. It said:

Girl: "I'm happy just being with you."
    Boy: "Yeah right."
    Girl: ... (Thought: Really.. I am.)
    Last edited by MelodyHeal; 04-04-2009 at 01:17 AM.

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 05:18 AM
    hmm....i forgot....let me get back to you on that.
    Threads

Well ok. Since you already criticized most of what needs to be, I'll try and see for the others...

Ok, the lines are boring, its all the same width/thickness. It's best to work the lines on the lighting and shadow. That means thicker lines for where the shadow will be, and thin lines where the light hits the character.

The folds do need help, but it is hard to tell where to place them folds...I have the same problem at times too... XD Especially on Foreshortening...

The girl's head is too big for the body, so to make sure its right, make sure you measure the body by drawing 7 1/2 heads from the head down, before moving on the details of the picture.

Just practice a lot on proportions, anatomy, and shading, also the lines too. Good luck.

Member MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal has a reputation beyond repute MelodyHeal's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I should've thought about the lines too. o.o
    But thank you very much for the tips!

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think that's pretty good for not drawing for a while. A few things need a bit more work but that just comes with more practice. ^^

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks. It makes me happy when people say "that's pretty good for not drawing for a while" because that just let's me know I'm still able to draw good. I'll be sure to try and draw better with new drawings & more practice.

Member RyviusRan is infamous around these parts RyviusRan is infamous around these parts RyviusRan is infamous around these parts RyviusRan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2009 11:59 AM
    Threads

I think it should look more like this.

Anatomy is a little off and I know you mentioned it before. Try to get used to perspective and this will allow you to get an idea on how to draw feet.

Last edited by RyviusRan; 04-04-2009 at 02:52 AM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you for help me with my anatomy (and feet problem). XD

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

I am sure you got a lot of help from a expert like Taikyo.
    Well for me your drawing is nice , good thought put in it. Its kind of dull but not bad , i find it different anyways.

Hope you keep practicing...and keep posting your work ^_^
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

No criticism from me (I feel I have no right to criticise as I aint too hot at drng either!) As for advice well choose a style or artist you really like and study their work first to give you an idea of what you want your drawings to look like. I love the style of work that Kosuke Fujishima (Ah! My Goddess, your under arrest, Tales of Symphonia etc.) produces so I looked at his work and style and then tried to draw some stuf of my own. Studyings allways good and will get you far. The other piece of advice I have is to practice and practice after all practice makes perfect!

Anyway this is a very nice drawing and I hope to see more from you soon.

Closed Thread

Thread Information