AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dilemma Of The Day Thread!

Member HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper has a reputation beyond repute HeartlessViper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2009 02:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Dilemma Of The Day Thread!

Welcome to Dilemmas of the Day Thread!
    In this thread I will announce two dilemmas a day.
    In this you must take in the situation and respond accordingly to what you think should be done.Be sure to discuss your reasons and possible alternative solutions to the one that you propose. Is what you would 'actually' do different from what you 'should' do? If so, why? You may discuss your personal ideas and answers with other forum members!

I Hope I can keep this thread up and going! Originally it was going to be like a joke of the day thing...But what fun is that? ANYWAYS Let the Dilemma begin!

March 29, 2009
    Dilemma #1 & 2

#1.
    The sheriff in a southern town is guarding the courthouse against a mob that is about to storm it by force, in order to capture a black prisoner and lynch him even before his trial. If the mob is frustrated, many people may be killed in the ensuing riot. Should the sheriff deliver the prisoner to the mob?

#2.
    A man has been sentenced to prison for armed robbery, and admits guilt for the deed. "But", he argues,"I'll never do anything of the kind again. I'm not insane or a danger to society. I would be happier out of jail than in. My wife depends on me for support and she and the children would be far happier if I were able to be the family breadwinner again. As to the influence on others, almost no one would ever know about it; you can keep the matter out of the newspapers and no one except you will ever know that the crime was committed. Therefore, you should release me" Assuming he is correct and his family may starve, what would you do?

Begin your Answers---
    I'm so hungry...my teeth beg for flesh...
    They hurt so bad being erected for so long...
    Please...Please feed me you...

Favorite Quote:
    Wait, you use a revolver? I've been using a semi-automatic. I always go last.

Hmmm... after checking Wikipedia, it seems I've confused Russian Roulette with Shooting People in the Head. My apologies. -Manhattan_Project_2000

Senior Member Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2009 09:17 PM
    Threads

1) I'll wait til you become more specific. I need to know when and where this is happening.

2) First, he could be lying about not doing it again. Also, if he was desperate enough to steal he may not be making a lot of money so his argument about staying to support his family doesn't really have any ground to stand on. Second, I doubt the wife cannot get a job, as long as she can get a family member/babysitter they'll be fine...Lastly, sure the children need a father figure but I doubt we would want to chance another armed robbery where the victim could die.
    So, I'd send him off to serve his sentence.
    Last edited by Zenga; 03-30-2009 at 03:47 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

1. I wouldn't hand the prisoner over, and I would russle up all the officers I could to control the mob and start making arrests if need be.

2. I would not let him free, but I would offer him a decent deal for the sake of the children. Say, 3 months in jail and 1 year probation, $5,000 fine and 3000 hours community service.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlessViper View Post
    #1.
    The sheriff in a southern town is guarding the courthouse against a mob that is about to storm it by force, in order to capture a black prisoner and lynch him even before his trial. If the mob is frustrated, many people may be killed in the ensuing riot. Should the sheriff deliver the prisoner to the mob?
    Well, I have to agree with the following idea:
    Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    1. I wouldn't hand the prisoner over, and I would russle up all the officers I could to control the mob and start making arrests if need be..
    The trial should go on and as a Sheriff, it's one's duty to uphold law and order otherwise, it would be just a lawless town and so, there would be no need of a coward and unwitty Sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlessViper View Post
    #2.
    A man has been sentenced to prison for armed robbery, and admits guilt for the deed. "But", he argues,"I'll never do anything of the kind again. I'm not insane or a danger to society. I would be happier out of jail than in. My wife depends on me for support and she and the children would be far happier if I were able to be the family breadwinner again. As to the influence on others, almost no one would ever know about it; you can keep the matter out of the newspapers and no one except you will ever know that the crime was committed. Therefore, you should release me" Assuming he is correct and his family may starve, what would you do?
    My question is, what are we supposed to be in this particular case? Surely, as the man is already sentenced by the court to the prison, who has the authority to do as the man has suggests? The people who has the power to do as the man suggests are either dictators, Kings, Presidents (power of presidential pardon) or simply ruler of that particular place. Even, if we as a ruler do as the man suggests, how exactly does he convince everyone else to pardon his crime, by bribing everyone? by threatening everyone? by getting pity from everyone? If he was sentenced already to jail, many people would already know his crime.

So, as there are many loopholes in this case, I myself will present two
    cases:

1st case: If everyone know about the crime and is ready to forget about it, then I myself would have to forgive and let him be. It would be foolish not to agree with so many people's decision unless you want to be hated or murdered.

2nd case:If no one knows about the crime or if everyone know about the crime and they do not want to forgive his crimes, then I would support the proper prosecution of that criminal. If you commit a crime, you have to be punished no matter what your personal reasons are. That's the
    basic principle of law and order.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Closed Thread

Thread Information