AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WMG YouTube

SOS Fox McCloud Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2010 03:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default WMG YouTube

So I was browsing with my keen analytical ability to search up some of my famous rock singers'. Like David Draimen, ZP Theart, or Corey Taylor from Slipknot, to Disturbed, and Dragonforce. I found something that was strange. Very strange, almost half of the video's were missing!

Due to contents from the band. Such as RoadRunner Records and WMG itself. I found myself stunned with a confused face, my first reaction: "What happened to the videos?" Then after browsing alot of forums/Internet providers about WMG. I then relized that people were "Pirating" music from YouTube.

What I want to discuss is the probabilities and factors about YouTube's copyrite protection, or as in, "Terms of Agreements". What happened to the original YouTube? Were we can just go in, upload video's, enjoy ourselves during the process. After the many updates and rules we have encountered it seemed...Well, inevitable.. During the whole updates we found ourselves leading by the head of Google.

YouTube is reported to have created technology that will automatically detect when copyrighted music is used in videos, give Warner the right to accept or reject those videos and will calculate the royalty fees Warner is owed. Financial details haven’t been disclosed yet, but may include a cut of advertising revenue in exchange for licensing rights. It’s also unclear who will pay the royalty fees; that payment may come out of the advertising revenue or it may be demanded of the individual users who have put Warner music in their videos.

Whilst this said, however, in other words YouTube is known as the place to find almost any kind of video clip, recent agreements with high-profile content creators require YouTube to deploy an audio-signature technology that can spot a low-quality copy of a licensed music video or other content. YouTube would have to substitute an approved version of the clip or take the material down automatically.

Do you think YouTube with third party Google is ruining YouTube upload's policies? Or is this just fact that YouTube just sucks in General?
    Last edited by Dark Wolf 09; 03-16-2009 at 08:13 PM.

soulless The_Holy_Hunter has a spectacular aura about The_Holy_Hunter has a spectacular aura about The_Holy_Hunter has a spectacular aura about The_Holy_Hunter's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2010 02:30 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Souske22

In my opinion its thanks to the fat cats at google. In 06 when the bought the rights to YouTube they began to tighten the noose on people who even used only blurbs in a video. I myself have noticed many of the videos that are claimed copyrighted, end up never appearing on a user page owned by the music or television network that has exclusive rights to the music/videos.
    I admit this is straying a tad off the topic, but another thing that gets under my skin is the inability to report some users who don't break copy right laws, but instead encourage others to break terms of service and rules of another site.
    -Rant concluded-
    There are many things that go bump in the night, I am the one who bumps back.

SOS Fox McCloud Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

But most of the material like "RoadRunner Records" or "Dragonforceofficial" or "Slipknotoffiicial" or "DisturbedOffical"; is mis-eading for the WMG, because it's there own music. They uploaded it because they want people to view there music, a promotion basically. That's how I bought my CD's was from that music video. It doesn't make sense to delete their promotion values...I think it's screwed up. Well that's just me though personally.

Senior Member Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh has a reputation beyond repute Phylloh's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Santa Hat Cheeseburger Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2012 02:46 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blazing Taokaka PSN ID: Zelkovas_Moon

Oh I agree with everything you have put down wholeheartedly Fox. The only reason I own I'd say. . . 1/3 of my cds is from watching videos on youtube and getting LINKED to other songs by them and was like". . Hey, . . I like this. I'm gonna get it".
    Did I tell you to look at me? No? Good then get the hell away from me.

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 06:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Phylloh View Post
    Oh I agree with everything you have put down wholeheartedly Fox. The only reason I own I'd say. . . 1/3 of my cds is from watching videos on youtube and getting LINKED to other songs by them and was like". . Hey, . . I like this. I'm gonna get it".
    I agree completely! I think there needs to be some sorta a compromise - obviously music cant all be free on youtube, otherwise there would be no professional musicians, and that would be a real shame. But at the same time, I too have brought many songs based on 'related videos'

Clearly, this is a problem - maybe an artist could agree to certain of their songs being 'youtube friendly', and so these could be freely posted, to raise awareness. Or there could be a 1 minute cap on length of sample taken from any one song. Either would be tennable as far as I know
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMcCloud View Post
    What I want to discuss is the probabilities and factors about YouTube's copyrite protection, or as in, "Terms of Agreements". What happened to the original YouTube? Were we can just go in, upload video's, enjoy ourselves during the process. After the many updates and rules we have encountered it seemed...Well, inevitable.. During the whole updates we found ourselves leading by the head of Google.

YouTube is reported to have created technology that will automatically detect when copyrighted music is used in videos, give Warner the right to accept or reject those videos and will calculate the royalty fees Warner is owed. Financial details haven’t been disclosed yet, but may include a cut of advertising revenue in exchange for licensing rights. It’s also unclear who will pay the royalty fees; that payment may come out of the advertising revenue or it may be demanded of the individual users who have put Warner music in their videos.

Whilst this said, however, in other words YouTube is known as the place to find almost any kind of video clip, recent agreements with high-profile content creators require YouTube to deploy an audio-signature technology that can spot a low-quality copy of a licensed music video or other content. YouTube would have to substitute an approved version of the clip or take the material down automatically.

Do you think YouTube with third party Google is ruining YouTube upload's policies? Or is this just fact that YouTube just sucks in General?
    People abused the system, YouTube therefore has to deal with a crap-ton of litigation, end of story. Putting up content that you don't have the rights to is against the Terms of Service, and if you don't like it QQ more. There are plenty of legal sites that stream music (find any given band's page on MySpace, for one). There are even more illegal sites that don't care.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    There are plenty of legal sites that stream music (find any given band's page on MySpace, for one). There are even more illegal sites that don't care.
    True, but Myspace doesn't have that compression as YouTube does, although the fact is Myspace doesn't have any specific limit guarentees.

As for the illegal sites, let's stray away from them in the conversation shall we?

Senior Member Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2009 02:19 AM
    Threads

Youtube has gone to hell. Use to go there for everything, now I absolutely hate it. They better not delete my memorial video for my dead cat when I put a music file in it.

What the record people fail to see is, if someone finds a band or song on youtube that they like, they will most likely buy it, earning them more money. I now own about 50 different albums, and I will bet at least 40 of them came from me listening to songs over youtube. There's still albums I have yet to buy that I discovered I liked over youtube.

The record companies are getting extremely greedy.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

It's a shame that they haven't worked out a system to allow certain accounts to get around that or somesuch, I'm sure the kinks will be worked out at earliest convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| View Post
    Sigh...

Okay, after I post this this LAST TIME, I'm going to bookmark this thread and link back to it every time someone else comes along and says this in another youtube thread.

IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH OPEN GREED ON THE PART OF THE RECORD COMPANIES AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH PREVENTING GOOGLE FROM PROFITING FROM THEIR WORK. TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND, SAY I MAKE PAINTINGS OF A CAT THAT I AM SELLING. I SELL IT TO YOU, BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT. MANY PEOPLE LIKE IT, AND I AM SELLING THEM TO EVERYONE. YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH, IN FACT, THAT YOU USE IT AS THE BACKGROUND IN A VIDEO YOU MAKE AND SAY "HEY GUYS, THIS PICTURE OF A CAT SANO DREW IS THE BACKGROUND."

NOW, OF COURSE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE WATCHING THIS VIDEO AND, SAY, SCREENCAPPING IT SO THEY CAN LOOK AT THE BACKGROUND WHENEVER THEY WANT, BUT WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THAT YOUTUBE IS PUTTING ADS ON THEIR SITE.

WHY IS THIS WORSE? WELL, FOR EVERY PAGEVIEW, THEY GET MONEY FROM THESE ADS.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO, BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO SEE MY CAT PICTURE, ARE ESSENTIALLY GETTING GOOGLE PAID TO SEE ONE OF MY PICTURES FOR FREE. ONE OF THE PICTURES, I REMIND YOU, THAT I AM SELLING. SO, WHEN IT BOILS DOWN TO THINGS, GOOGLE IS GETTING MONEY FOR MY WORK WHILE I AM NOT.

THAT IS WHY RECORD COMPANIES GET ON YOUTUBE'S CASE, AND WHY GOOGLE IS DOING THE RESPONSIBLE THING OF REMOVING COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IF IT IS REPORTED.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Senior Member Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That would have sounded a lot better if it wasn't in all caps. I don't want to have to read something and have the voice in my head screaming the words and strain my eyes to see text that's not only hard to read due to poor color choices, but also huge.

Off topic but it was necessary to point out.

-_-;

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    GOOGLE IS GETTING MONEY FOR MY WORK WHILE I AM NOT.

THAT IS WHY RECORD COMPANIES GET ON YOUTUBE'S CASE, AND WHY GOOGLE IS DOING THE RESPONSIBLE THING OF REMOVING COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IF IT IS REPORTED.
    Nicely pointed; That's when Google thrives on power and vengence.

(Btw, I want to view that rest of the Joker comic. What issue is that? Off topic I know.)

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That would have sounded a lot better if it wasn't in all caps. I don't want to have to read something and have the voice in my head screaming the words and strain my eyes to see text that's not only hard to read due to poor color choices, but also huge.

Off topic but it was necessary to point out.

-_-;
    Well then, maybe if people had listened the last three or four times I've had to type similar responses out, I wouldn't have to e-yell.

I should also point out that if it's hard to read because of the color choice, then you should thank your lucky stars it's huge.

Nicely pointed; That's when Google thrives on power and vengence.

(Btw, I want to view that rest of the Joker comic. What issue is that? Off topic I know.)
    Google's just covering their own rear ends, and I don't blame them either. From their point of view it's that or lose more money than the ads generate.

(As for the side note, it's from "Whatever Happened to the Cape and Cowl?" go to your LCS and pick it up, it promises to be an interesting little group of stories about how Batman potentially dies.)
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 03-17-2009 at 02:42 AM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have perfectally understood the text. It basically says, if someone wants to rip the WMG, Google will be sued for copyright infringement.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

And yet those 100s of redone Rick Roll videos remain. Dont get me wrong, love the song, but why arent these being targeted; WMG seems to own every other song I like.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    And yet those 100s of redone Rick Roll videos remain. Dont get me wrong, love the song, but why arent these being targeted; WMG seems to own every other song I like.
    The practice is said to have begun as a variant of an earlier prank from the imageboard4chan known as duckrolling,in which a link to somewhere (such as a specific picture or news item) would instead lead to a thread or site containing an edited picture of a duck with wheels. The user at that point is said to have been "duckrolled". Another variation which came about before the widespread use of rickrolling, was the prank known as "Bel Air'd", in which a link would mislead users to a thread or site which displayed a picture of Will Smith, which was sometimes accompanied by the theme song for the television show The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, or a post that slowly morphs into the lyrics of its theme.

The first instance of Rickroll occurred in May 2007 on4chan's video game
    board, where a link to the Rick Astley video was claimed to be a mirror of the first trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV (which was unavailable due to heavy traffic). The joke was confined to 4chan for a very brief period.[
    By May 2008,the practice had spread beyond 4chan and become an Internet phenomenon, eventually amassing some coverage in the mainstream media.[An April 2008 poll by SurveyUSA estimated that at least 18 million American adults had been Rickrolled.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    Oh, they are taken down. They're taken down all the time. But the folks that do it are after your pageviews. They WANT you to be rickroll'd, and they're never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up).

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have perfectally understood the text. It basically says, if someone wants to rip the WMG, Google will be sued for copyright infringement.
    Then let google be sued.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Then let google be sued.
    You're retarded.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

More like lack caring.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

More like lack caring.
    That isn't an excuse for being retarded.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Explain to me how that's being retarded, then.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

More like lack caring.
    Since you post, then you clearly do care. If you truly couldn't care less, you would be somewhere else doing something you cared about, and not posting in this thread.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Explain to me how that's being retarded, then.
    Google is a bussiness, and their well being is dependant on being solvent.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by This name is a lie View Post
    Since you post, then you clearly do care. If you truly couldn't care less, you would be somewhere else doing something you cared about, and not posting in this thread.
    It's a thing called being bored.

And why are you attacking me in pretty much every topic this morning? It's getting extremely annoying.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Youtube has gone to hell. Use to go there for everything, now I absolutely hate it. They better not delete my memorial video for my dead cat when I put a music file in it.

What the record people fail to see is, if someone finds a band or song on youtube that they like, they will most likely buy it, earning them more money. I now own about 50 different albums, and I will bet at least 40 of them came from me listening to songs over youtube. There's still albums I have yet to buy that I discovered I liked over youtube.

However, what most people fail to see is that most people who do this DO NOT buy the CD. These people decide that since they can just download the video or rip the song from the videos, why bother paying for the CD when they can get the song for free. Record companies could make money this way, but they are not. It is nice that you buy the albums of the artists that you listen to on YouTube, but for every person like you, there are many people who do not.

When it comes to your memorial video, depending on what you did for the video (what you showed, how much of the song you used), it most likely falls into the realm of fair use. However, most of the videos on YouTube that contain copyrighted material do not fall under fair use. In fact, most of them blatantly infringe upon copyright laws (music videos, videos that only contain music, etc).

YouTube does not police themselves. They are not responsible for pulling videos off of their website. They will warn a user multiple times before they upload a video that they are not allowed to put copyrighted material on their website and even show them how to tell the difference between fair use and copyright infringement. If the user decides not to follow the rules, that is their problem; YouTube is not responsible. The companies and organizations are the ones that need to contact YouTube (well, Google) about taking down videos that infringe their copyrights. Pulling the videos is a much more peaceful resolution of the problem than the alternative: sueing the user for copyright infringement, which the companies are perfectly able to do.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information