AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Your Method of Skin Care

Threaded View

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Your Method of Skin Care

Inspired by the Do You Wear Make-up Thread. From reading the thread, 90% of AF seems to be anti make-up. So I'm going to assume that skin care is probably something you're all interested in. Most people have skin and acne problems. Why not share how we take care of our skin and what kind of products we use? Your method might work for someone else. The perfect skin care method is a relentless pursuit, especially if you're a teen with raging hormones.

This post will be helpful for people with oily combination type skin. Before you post your method, be sure to include what kind of skin you have (dry, all over oily, etc).

First, I tried using the Clinique 3 Step Skin Care system. It comes with facial soap, clarifying lotion, and a moisturizer. With some systems your skin tends to get worse before it gets better. Clinique is one of these, but for some reason Clinique didn't work out for me. However, it might work out for someone else. They have 4 different 3 Step Skin Care systems for all types of skins. I also would not recommend this because it is expensive.

The second thing I tried, and still like, are the St. Ives products you can find in any convenient store. I like to use the Invigorating Apricot Scrub, Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer, Peel–Off Hydroxy Masque, and Make-up Remover & Facial Cleanser - but of course, not all at the same time. The Masque is a once in a while treat, the facial cleanser obviously in place of the scrub when I take off make-up. The scrub and moisturizer are daily use. These products are completely affordable, all natural, and they work. I still use St. Ive's Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash. Absolutely heavenly.

When I went to Europe over the summer I started to break out. I was not sure if it was because of the different food, environment, whatever. I needed a solution. The Body Shop seemed to be pretty popular there. I snagged a starter kit of one of their skin care systems and I absolutely love it. I now use The Body Shop's Seaweed Skin Care. It includes Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, Seaweed Clarifying Toner, Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment. It is basically like the Clinique 3 Step but MUCH gentler on your skin with more natural ingredients - "Balance your skin and control shine with these TSA-approved Seaweed favorites featuring wild-harvested seaweed from Ireland". Price wise it is cheaper than most make-up counter products but more expensive than your typical drug store choices. Highly recommended. It leaves you feeling clean and refreshed, rather than over scrubbed and face nuked.

Last edited by Lola Granola; 03-14-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Thread Information