AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: PS3 vs. Xbox 360

Member Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2009 01:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 8138581223657272

Default PS3 vs. Xbox 360

what do you think is better?

I say ps3 because most of the games are way better to play on it, the graphics, and not having to pay for online use

both made by me

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I own neither, but I get the feeling that X360 is the Zerg of the console war, and PS3 is the Protoss.

X360 relentlessly spews out low cost games, without regards for design or quality, while the PS3 slowly creates games, and it is expensive as hell, but everything is shiny and lasts longer.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by This name is a lie View Post
    I own neither, but I get the feeling that X360 is the Zerg of the console war, and PS3 is the Protoss.

X360 relentlessly spews out low cost games, without regards for design or quality, while the PS3 slowly creates games, and it is expensive as hell, but everything is shiny and lasts longer.
    It's pretty close to being true. Most people, for example, play the Zergs because they are cheap Korean bastards. This is entirely analogous to the 360.

Terrans are kind of like the PC, but what about the Wii? My thought: The Wii is analogious to adding The Sims as a playable race.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-11-2009 at 05:11 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    It's pretty close to being true. Most people, for example, play the Zergs because they are cheap Korean bastards. This is entirely analogous to the 360.

Terrans are kind of like the PC, but what about the Wii? My thought: The Wii is analogious to adding The Sims as a playable race.
    Wii is analoguous to the introduction of the Dark Templars in Brood War: Nobody saw them coming, they're cheap, they're good at their thing, and they suck at everything else. Also, upon closer inspection, they are clearly holding wiimotes.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wii is analoguous to the introduction of the Dark Templars in Brood War: Nobody saw them coming, they're cheap, they're good at their thing, and they suck at everything else. Also, upon closer inspection, they are clearly holding wiimotes.
    I still prefer the analogous potential of arguing that the Wii is trapped in a small room and forced to starve and urinate on itself between crying fits for all eternity.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

PS3 has nothing but good graphics, FF13, and God of War 3. Besides that it's a waste.
    360 is basically the same thing with different games, and worse graphics.
    I vote Wii.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is a stupid debate. Neither is better because they are incomparable. Compare the PS2 and 3 why don't you?

Member Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2009 01:21 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 8138581223657272

but you can play ps2 games on the ps3

both made by me

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Diocletian View Post
    This is a stupid debate. Neither is better because they are incomparable. Compare the PS2 and 3 why don't you?
    Ummm... they play the same games with nearly identical graphics... Why are they incomparable?

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Huh? I swear that it is the Wii is the one spawning waves of cheap games. But I guess you could compare Microsoft to the Overmind.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    Huh? I swear that it is the Wii is the one spawning waves of cheap games.
    I assumed sie meant consoles, in which case the comment made perfect sense.

On the other hand, it works if you compare 360 exclusives -> PS3 too.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-11-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Even though you can count the amount decent games on the Wii with your fingers, it still is a console.

I really want to play Starcraft now...

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dragofgravity

i prefer the 360. The PS3 has some good points like the graphics and the free network but other than that i like the 360. they have better customer care (i think thats only in the US) and most of the games that are release seem better suited for my age group. Yet i will agree that PS3 does have game that fit into that same age group and yes in some cases the better graphics make the game like 1000 times better. But all in all the 360 is suited for my taste. Yet if it wasn't for the customer care PS3 would be a better gaming choice. Oh also, the 360 has a better party playing console.

Senior Member Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph has a reputation beyond repute Foph's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2009 10:30 PM
    Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls, Block D, Cell # 3092.
    Threads

I own both, and I never really had a preference, though I did eventually stop playing the Xbox.
    "Kisses, darling."
    Swoosh.
    Oofl.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was considering leaving this open until I saw the ridiculous posts.
    I didn't feel like waiting for the flame war to happen, so I'll settle this now.

The answer is this:

PS3 is better if you're a blind fanboy that hates Microsoft because it's the cool thing to do.
    XB360 is better if you're a frat boy or jarhead type that loves to shoot others in FPS games and yell obscenities in to your headset all day.

The graphics are identical now. They display exactly the same, and if you believe otherwise, you're only lying to yourself to justify that your system is better. The PS3 can process more at one time, and have more going on (whether you are there to see it or not) however.

I also find the "Free equals better" argument to be quite ridiculous. How poor are you? You can't afford $3.85/month to play online? You don't enjoy secure servers and actual support, and guaranteed play? Do you pay for internet? Heating/Cooling? Electricity? Look. You can buy 13 months of XBox Live for $49.99-- there isn't even tax on it. It's 49.99 period. You get the time card at a retail store and then redeem it. That's less than a game would cost, by at least 10 bucks, then factor in tax for your state.
    Sure, free is nice but you get what you pay for. The Sony gaming network is laggy, gets hacked on a regular basis, and people get their PS3s bricked "mysteriously". That would be reason enough for me to never play on it should I ever own a PS3.

By the way, you can't play PS2 games on the current PS3s. Just the 20GB, 60GB, and first wave (MGS4 Bundle) 80GBs. Good luck finding one of those. I wish I could myself.

The consoles have their ins and outs, and ups and downs. It is a matter of preference and having any kind of discussion to determine a definitive better is just silly and only leads to [flame] WAR.

And war... War never changes. ;P

Closed for silliness.

Closed Thread

Thread Information