AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Senior Member Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2009 05:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

It's one of the shows that I really would like to see, but haven't had time yet.

My Rate Your Music Page
    PSN: Lordwindowlicker XBL: Lwindowlicker Steam: Lordwindowlicker

Kid, pick up with another, some will even drop you, but hearts are built like rubber, so you'll be alright.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90 has a reputation beyond repute tonhao90's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2009 03:24 AM
    Threads

Higurashi is fun. The second season is better than the first.

And Rika is the top character in my personal "kawaii" list. XD
    Constitution. It's like a Bible to a lawyer. And, in Brazil, one of the most bitter jokes to the people.
    Well, we can make this utopia reality...

Man, American lawyers must be luck. They don't have to know entire codes by heart...

Junior Member jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku has a reputation beyond repute jemojaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2010 07:47 AM
    Threads

higurashi no naku koro ni was one of a dozen scary anime that i watch
    especially when that door slamming hand stuckking mean looking people stabbing bat hitting abd the lots of lots of blooood~~~~
    it gave me the creeeeps

I'm a weinie AF! MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 01:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    It's not that brilliant, and it gets old quickly. The third series is currently airing, entitled Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei.

I wated the first series, and stopped after the beginning of the second. It lost its appeal very quickly, to me at least.

It's also really held back by the gratuitous gore. I got it, people died painfully. I don't need fountains of blood to tell me that.
    I disagree. It was brilliant in my book^^
    Ya a little part of it got old fast but thats about it. I am guessing from where you left off is where it got boring. A few "filler" episodes with reason for being there should never make anyone quit watching an anime I think, but heck thats just me.
    Held back by the blood? More like let loose by it!!!! Heck ya!!!!

I really did like this anime be4 episode 17 and then I fell in love with it!!!! The end of the first season I saw comeing a mile away. ( As far as everyone still dies and we were like WHAT!)

This anime did what it set out to do....... creep people out and give us a good overall ending........ ( waits for a real season 3)
    Last edited by MercenaryMERC; 07-19-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    When I put up a link you click it, it will be good! I find videos so you don't have to!

Junior Member Sturmfuhrer is on a distinguished road Sturmfuhrer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2009 05:47 AM
    Threads

It was pretty great series, with an awesome plot.....
    Maybe bloody, but interesting and the animators were pretty good in making the dark atmosphere and scary scenes....
    I enjoyed it like anything else... it's no. 1 on my fav. anime list....
    As for characters, they were all great and with their facial expressions.... they made a really awesome show...

But still....
    I did not like the ending of second season... it was too happy... for this anime it's not good...
    Well whatever, that might be just me....
    Anyway, I hope that they'll keep making anime like these, because it was a really great show with good quality....

And final word.... *Nippah*

Junior Member 1fastII is on a distinguished road 1fastII's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmfuhrer View Post
    I did not like the ending of second season... it was too happy... for this anime it's not good...
    I liked the happy ending. I liked seeing 40 some episodes of murder, paranoia, conflict, etc. working out in the end. It was one of those anime endings that left me satisfied.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

i really enjoyed both seasons and the ova! the cyclic nature of the first season is a bit annoying at first (i wasnt familiar with the format of the game before i watched) but all through season two you go "oooooh now i get it!". i thought the OVA was kind of tacked on, but maybe i dont grasp the significance of what transpires in those few episodes.

so far umineko no naku koro ni is holding my interest, its just hard to switch to a whole new mindset since i was so invested in the characters and "rules" of higurashi. to anyone who has played the games: do the characters in the games also acknowlege the existence of the game? in higurashi you had rika, and in umineko ALL the young characters seem aware of this between "sessions". not to mention rika is there too, or at least her controller. i think i need to hit up some wikipedia so i can get my head around the lore better
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Junior Member Oyashenron is on a distinguished road Oyashenron's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 02:11 PM
    Threads

Higurashi is my absolute favorite anime. You just can't beat that creepy, paranoid atmosphere, and the attention to the characters is great. I preferred the first season to the second and third, but the dice killing chapter was a step back into what made the first season great, so props to Rei for that.
    I haven't played any of the games, but I've been reading the manga. I finished Onikakushi Hen and Yoigoshi Hen recently and found them both to be excellent.
    Umineko is really good too. I enjoy looking for the little references and connections that tie it to Higurashi. In fact I watched it mostly because the site I used for reference referred to it as "When They Cry Season 4" with Higurashi being the first 3 seasons.
    I'm on a quest to find my soulmate! I'll throw away everything I am today to become what I'll be tomorrow!

Closed Thread

Thread Information