AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: final fantasy7 or final fantasy 8

Junior Member AyumuKagami has a spectacular aura about AyumuKagami has a spectacular aura about AyumuKagami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2009 10:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down

Final Fantasy 8 was better than FF7. The storyline in each of the games were pretty good but i prefered 8 because there was more depth to it. 7 had a fairly good storyline but some parts it looked like the game was trying to force the next part on the player with little reason to something happening. The endings of the games 8 beats 7 in a longshot because 7 had way to much continuation and i hated the fact that they made more games of 7. The story should have ended with the game. The graphics (i know they couldn't be helped at the time) in 7 were enfuriating sometimes because they were extreamly blocky when walking around.
    This is my response quickly summed up. 7 and 8 are extremely close but 8 pulls ahead by just a few hairs.

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 02:48 PM
    Threads

FFVII is the most overrated RPG besides Chrono Trigger and Xenogears. The thing is, there really isn't anything that special about it. I've played a ton of games that are WAY better than FFVII. The fact that there is so much hype and such a huge fan base for FFVII baffles me. The storyline is decent, and most of the characters are good, but Cloud is just awful. There was such a lack of character development with him. Why everyone loves Sephiroth, I don't know. The guy is a terrible villain. He doesn't do anything! Cloud beats him twice. A 14 year old boy named Sora beats him in Kingdom Hearts with a giant key, for goodness sake! The things Sephiroth says are very cliche as well. Honestly, FFVII is a pretty mediocre game for me.

FFVIII was very good. I like romance in RPGs, but if there isn't any whatever, no big deal. I can't tell you how many idiots I've heard complain about FFVIII just because it has some romance in it. People need to chill out and deal with it. The storyline is just as good as FFVII. The characters are developed well, including Squall. I mean, at least Squall has some change within him. Now Ultimicia is an awesome villain. Not only does she time travel to get her evil on, she uses innocents to do her bidding along the way, and uses another villain. I mean, come on, she could've so taken over the world with that stuff. FFVIII was quite a good game. I enjoyed it.
    ~ Aura ~

"If you are near to the dark
    I will tell you 'bout the sun
    You are here, no escape
    From my visions of the world
    You will cry all alone
    But it does not mean a thing to me ..."

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

These are my 2 favourite games ever. Whichever one takes first place usually changes from time to time. Right now I'm thinking 8. The storyline is awesome and I really care about the characters.

Squall = BEST. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. EVAR!!1

Member Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Saiyan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2010 03:27 AM
    Threads

Can't choose FF 7 and FF8, to me they are both great games.
    When I was first introduce to the Final Fantasy series it was FF 7 and FF 8, I hired them from blockbuster at the same time (I own both now).
    FF 7 I love for the materia system, the storyline and it was the first time I cried in a game (Aeirth death scene).
    I loved FF 8 for the GF system, the storyline, the romance between Squall and Rinoa, the card game and the song 'Eyes on Me' (my favorvite song!!).

WARNINIG!!WARNING!! Vegitto/Gogeta obession HERE!!!!!

Member lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher has a reputation beyond repute lowellgallagher's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2009 06:11 AM
    Threads

Fanal Fantasy rules!!!

[[ Happy ~*2000*~ ]] angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 02:11 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1504-5383-0870

7 and 8 were both pretty good.
    I'd say the plot for FFVIII is better though.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

10 years later and people are still arguing over this? Sheesh.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these; "It could have been" ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Manekineko Cancer Luna
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2013 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXoTrinityoXx

i love them both!
    buuut
    id have to say
    originally,
    ff7 has to be mai favorate.
    <3
    cloud
    -mwah

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

FF7 forever...Cloud rules.....I like his hair...

Member Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2009 03:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
    10 years later and people are still arguing over this? Sheesh.
    I would call it a discussion more than an argument, but then what else is a forum for?

Anyway, I like FFVIII better than VII, this is not IN ANY WAY implying that FFVII is not an amazing game (I think most games in the series are better than any other) it's just that i think FFVIII has qualities which tip the scale in its favour, e.g. Triple Triad, which is also linked to the Abilities learned by GFs (Card Mod in this case), magic/item refining abilities, the idea of collecting magazines in order to gain information about advertised weapons which you can then obtain the necessary items for and purchase in Junk Shops. I loved the characters in VIII, Squall in particular is my favourite main character of any FF; he's so moody and teen-like (can relate to that =P). These, as well as other examples including, depth of storyline, character development, levelling system, Junction system, Limit Breaks, etc. simply make this game a better choice. FOR ME! THIS IS MY OPINION, PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENCE...

Peace. =)

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

8 for me.

Amazing soundtrack, during that time it had the best graphics, insane amount of side quests, card game=fun, and it was much more difficult to complete everything than 7. Also isn't the intro to 8 better than all the other final fantasies?

7 is kool too but cloud is way too emo and stays that way even through advent children. squall at least grew sum balls during mid game.

The Ays Princess Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima has a reputation beyond repute Aysami_Kishima's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 06:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: ????????? idk

Ff7.
    Imma kittie named ARI!^^ Here me meow... meow... haha^^

Rawr... he's my awesomatical family:

lil sisters: Sailor Mystery & Tsuki Moon88
    big sister: yilin
    big brother: ~Zetromis~ & TheDesertFox

always looking for more family nd friends. xp ^^hehe

cookies rawk... btw...

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

Quote Originally Posted by alextchon View Post
    8 for me.

Amazing soundtrack, during that time it had the best graphics, insane amount of side quests, card game=fun

the random rule just sucks, and good luck beating Ellone in space with luna rules fun you say! crazy more like no matter how good the cards you got and I had most of the player and GF cards! part from squall,Irvine,kiros and laguna. speaking which I'm just about to do the card CC's sidequest for the Gilgamesh (from Xu) card I need it to beat ultima weapon without a fuss

Senior Member yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts 006 - Charizard Gurren Dai Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2011 05:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: omega yakman

FF7 for me. 8 was just a little bit lacking in my eyes. The story was confusing and kind of redicualous at times, and the drawing system really pissed me off. But is was definately worth playing, both of them were.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

if you dont wanna draw then mod cards refine then up grade, but that just as long if not longer than drawing 100 of most powerful spells.

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

speaking which I'm just about to do the card CC's sidequest for the Gilgamesh (from Xu) card I need it to beat ultima weapon without a fuss 04-29-2009 04:47 PM
    I haven't played ff8 for years but if i remember correctly ur gittin the gilgamesh card for the 10 holy wars right? If so, u don't actually need them to beat ultima/omega weapon. I junctioned 100 hastes on speed and just used auras with zell, rinoa, n squall. They barely ever attacked me.

Also u can change the rules when u meet the card queen. Theres a very specific spot around cactaur island where shes chillin and later on at that 1 city that has the train station. cant remember but its not timber, i think its where u fight seifer's gang for the first time. or where zell lives.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

its just the way I always do it, I cant be asked to pish about and out skill him or the others.

the games cheap as it, so I'll be too.
    Last edited by JIMBO.; 05-02-2009 at 12:42 AM.

Senior Member Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2010 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the wii !

i would have to say i like them both equally but that's not a lot. there both not that great of rpg's i agree with every on likeing ff6

Junior Member liveinfear is on a distinguished road liveinfear's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads

what a diffucult ask .D i choosed viii,better than vii

Closed Thread

Thread Information