AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Monster

Member demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt is infamous around these parts demon-fayt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    the deepest reaches of hell.....aka my closet
    Threads

Default Monster

this is a great thriller anime/manga series that i found out about from my dad after we went to one of the monthly anime club meetings. its kinda like a throwback to the ol' hitchcock-era of mystery an suspense (though in the 1st volume, you learn who the killer is). so if you like your series bloody ( not just the murders; the main character is a neuro-surgeon), and your villains german, then Monster is the series for you. its really great.
    "it IS the key to the greatest treasure in all the land!"

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Monster is not bloody at all. No work of Urasawa has ever been bloody.

What it is, is a brilliant and intricate mystery thriller. I didn't like it as much as I did Urasawa's 20th Century Boys (Volume was released for the first time in the US, so go out and buy it), but it was once again enough to prove that the man is a manga genius.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2010 12:42 PM
    Threads

One of my favorite Anime/Manga ever. I loved 20th Century Boys (and am loving Pluto for that matter) but Monster is my favorite work by Urasawa.

Junior Member crys_blade is on a distinguished road crys_blade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2009 08:49 PM
    Threads

I only recently got into Urasawa. I'm REALLY into Pluto
    because I love Astro Boy. You need to see the last page of vol 1 .

Why do you recommend Monster over anything else?

And, if you're a Pluto fan (like moi) you should check out this contest for a signed "print"

Closed Thread

Thread Information