AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: SPOILER: Death Note Ending Question

Hybrid View

Member NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2009 09:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default SPOILER: Death Note Ending Question

Does anyone know if Light truly become a Shinigami after his death? I saw the director's cut, and it showed all his memories. AND at the END...they showed Ryuk talking to a fellow shinigami and saying "You were a great person", and that shinigami looked similar to Light. (After that quote, the camera goes to the shinigami realm sky and ends).

So, anyone think it's true?

Senior Member LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2010 02:30 AM
    Threads

I was under the impression that he went to Mu, or whatever it was called. Nothingness. I don't know who else that Shinigami could be, but Light. I hope it was Light...then maaaaybe there'll be more Death Note? Maybe. XD I can dream.
    Last edited by LittleGirl; 03-04-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 05:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGirl View Post
    I was under the impression that he went to Mu, or whatever it was called. Nothingness. I don't know who else that Shinigami could be, but Light. I hope it was Light...then maaaaybe there'll be more Death Note? Maybe. XD I can dream.
    Dreaming..........much?

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 05:35 PM
    Threads

No it isn't Light, humans can not become shinigami (this isn't bleach it's death note) you are either a human or a shinigami. "Every human eventually dies, and the place they go is nothingness". As quoted by the end of the 12th.

Do you really hope there will be more death note? I mean I'm upset it's over but if there would be a spinoff/sequel it would just ruin the whole thing because obviously nothing can match the original story (it would be even worse if Light as a shinigami in the sequel/spinoff).

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 09:57 PM
    Threads

In the manga, didnt Ryuk tell Light there was something better in store for him afterwards (referring to death)?

Also, I noticed after someone on a youtube video pointed it out when I watched the Death Note special, that the belt the new Shinigami wears and the one Light wears (shown in the intro when he is in that "wind tunnel" to face L) look very, very similar. Their personalities (although what little is shown by the new Shinigami) looks the same either.

The way Ryu says "Isn't that right ... Light?" makes me wonder if he is talking into the air .. or that new shinigami.

Who knows, perhaps its ambiguous on purpose. Yes they said humans who use the Note go to Mu .... but what is the Shinigami world exactly? Could it not be mu?

Member NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL is infamous around these parts NightL's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Hold your thoughts! >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_S View Post
    No it isn't Light, humans can not become shinigami (this isn't bleach it's death note) you are either a human or a shinigami. "Every human eventually dies, and the place they go is nothingness". As quoted by the end of the 12th.

Do you really hope there will be more death note? I mean I'm upset it's over but if there would be a spinoff/sequel it would just ruin the whole thing because obviously nothing can match the original story (it would be even worse if Light as a shinigami in the sequel/spinoff).
    You're the kind of person I hate the most.
    What's wrong with believe Light is alive? KEEP A FREAKIN POSITIVE THOUGHT. Anyways, everyone would hate death note sequel or spin off.
    BTW, WATCH THE FREAKIN DIRECTOR'S CUT TO KNOW what the heck I'm talking about.

And as for Nothingness, Mu(Nothingness) alludes to simplicity, ease,
    passivity, and Zen mind. <<<Read that on several sites. Many have asked: What is Nothingness like? It's in between existing and not existing. The Shinigami Realm vividly fits that description. Shinigami are existing, yet still not existing.

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 05:35 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by NightL View Post
    You're the kind of person I hate the most.
    What's wrong with believe Light is alive? KEEP A FREAKIN POSITIVE THOUGHT. Anyways, everyone would hate death note sequel or spin off.
    BTW, WATCH THE FREAKIN DIRECTOR'S CUT TO KNOW what the heck I'm talking about.

And as for Nothingness, Mu(Nothingness) alludes to simplicity, ease,
    passivity, and Zen mind. <<<Read that on several sites. Many have asked: What is Nothingness like? It's in between existing and not existing. The Shinigami Realm vividly fits that description. Shinigami are existing, yet still not existing.
    I am the kind of person you hate the most? You don't even know me.. so that was a bit harsh.

But think about it for a second, you're digging deep. I never said it was WRONG to believe Light is a shinigami just highly improbable. If you read the #13 then you know that the creator said that he wanted to make 100% sure that all the fans understood that after death there is nothing, no possible reincarnations or anything of the sort (I assume you know this since you obviously know ALL of the facts).

Another thing, when you start a thread like this you have to expect disagreement.. it's an opinion thread (in a way since no one can be sure). I wasn't trying to get you to change your mind, I think you overreacted a bit. I just prefer believing that when Light died it was the end, is there a problem with that?

PS. I did see the director's cut.

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If you read the #13 then you know that the creator said that he wanted to make 100% sure that all the fans understood that after death there is nothing, no possible reincarnations or anything of the sort.
    PS. I did see the director's cut.
    So, the Director/Creator was contradicting his own statemant, or show..?
    Unofficially quit Anime Forums on March 6th, 2009.
    "Live Life Happily..."

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 04:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by NightL View Post
    So, the Director/Creator was contradicting his own statemant, or show..?
    Not this again...

Light Yagami is dead. He is not a Shinigami. The creators killed him and he remains dead.

At the end of the "Director's Cut" (I honestly do not know why it is called this, as this special was not advertised as such), Ryuk is talking to another Shinigami who is thinking about going to the human world (the Shinigami is not Light). That is what the ENTIRE special was about. When he says the line "Isn't that right, Light?" and "You were a great person", he is talking to Light, but only really thinking about him, like how a person will talk to someone who is not there or is dead.

He is NOT talking to the Shinigami at that point.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 03-06-2009 at 10:33 AM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Captain No Pants Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2014 10:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*sigh* you can cut the tension in this thread with a knife. Anyways, you can believe that Light was the shinigami if you want, but he is not. As long as you accept that fact, then I, nor do anyone else, care about what you want to happen with Light. From what I heard, it sounded more like Ryuk was talking to Light about how if the shinigami goes down to the human world, then maybe Light's dream of a new world can come true in the hands of someone else (which won't happen). Anyways, maybe that's why the shinigami looked so much like Light . . . To give you a feeling of, what if. What if that shinigami that looks so much like Light were to drop the Deathnote and everything started again? It's all a matter of what if. It doesn't mean it will happen (which it won't) but it gives you more of a reason to think more about it. In my opinion, that was one of the major points of Deathnote. What if this happened? Could this really change the world? Well, it's all up to your imagination from there . . .

Junior Member Mika Miaka is on a distinguished road Mika Miaka's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2009 12:52 AM
    Threads

I don't think a sequel would in anyway drag down the original. It might not be as good, but it won't taint our love for the show! I mean, Godfather 3 sucked, but that bears no relevance on whether the first two were awesome.

Anyway, if Light became a Shinigami and there was a sequel, I would be first in line! (as long as they keep him looking un0-ugly) :P xd

So, yeah, probably not true, but it would be sooooo rad!

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 05:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

It would have been awesome if he did but i doubt it....

Closed Thread

Thread Information