AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Teen Pregnancy.

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

Generally speaking, people in that she group can't even take care of the kids they may have. Yes, you can get a job but not one that would support all of a babies needs, much less your own.

My best friend had her baby when she was 17 and she is just barely making it. Even then, my god daughter is going to grow up pretty shabby. People seem to think having a child makes you mature, but having a child when you ARE a child makes you nothing but stupid.

It's entirely possible to have a baby and raise it when you're young, but that child won't have the life it deserves or the chance it does, either. Not to mention that you won't have the future you deserve either.

In terms of keeping the baby, or whatever, the best possible solution is adoption. Should you be stupid enough to be having sex at that she and something does happen and you do get pregnant, there are at least five people who would want that baby and be able to take care of it better than you could.

Young people just don't have the mentality of life experience to properly take care of a baby. Not that you couldn't love it enough or WANT what's best for it, you just wouldn't be able to.

Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2010 05:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1234 5678 91011

Im not ganna make some long thread
    teen pregnancy should end because teens dont hvae enough maturity or money to look after a child.
    Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Wowzabunny

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Threads

Has anyone considered or think they know the initial causes of teenage pregnancy and even so th ereason why it keeps progressing so rapidly and what wer can do about it starting with just ourselves and our friends

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rein* View Post
    Has anyone considered or think they know the initial causes of teenage pregnancy and even so th ereason why it keeps progressing so rapidly and what wer can do about it starting with just ourselves and our friends
    The initial cause of teenage pregnancy = sex.

And, why should we do anymore than we have when most intelligent parents have taught their teens not to have sex early and most schools, especially in run-down areas, actually do cover that?

From then on, it is their problem until they turn to the government for hand-outs.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

hobo for hire realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 07:58 PM
    A drifting spec in the depths of the galaxy
    Threads

I think peoples especially in the youth have lost the meaning of responsibilities
    great anime torrent http://dattebayo.com/t/

Live to ride, ride to live.

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think you guys are getting what I am saying.
    It isn't they can't take responsibility of a baby and having a baby isn't not taking responsibility.
    They are only doing what is natural to us, what we have been bred to do. And that is to breed.
    [Only since we have implicated so many religious and ethical morals is it wrong for a teenager to get pregnant.]
    You think a teen tigress shouldn't get pregnant because she is teen?
    If you look at us, at what we are animal speaking, we are breeding and moving on.
    We are all just animals.
    We like to think we aren't but we are.
    As I have said before tribally a teenage boy takes a test of strength and he becomes a man and can marry and have children.
    When we were cavemen it was tribally that way as well.
    Do you think they cared if they were teenagers or not?
    It's all for the survival of the species.
    I see no problem with teenage pregnancy because I see beyond our moral and ethical thoughts.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Senior Member Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Kunai Katana
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2012 02:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For me, they should be kept under control. Whether they are responsible or not, having sex to whom you aren't married is also removing sex's sacredness. It's pleasure is a reward for a new responsibility.

Illusionists

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akira.yuki View Post
    For me, they should be kept under control. Whether they are responsible or not, having sex to whom you aren't married is also removing sex's sacredness. It's pleasure is a reward for a new responsibility.
    There is nothing sacred about sex. Once again it goes all back to what we are naturally. Primates....animals. In a Primate clan they have a harem of woman and when they are in heat the alpha takes over and impregnates them. And remember none of these females are truly married to these men. Cause they have those clan battles and the woman just follow whom they think is the stronger man.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Girevik and Iron Tyrant Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon has a reputation beyond repute Cannon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2009 03:34 AM
    Threads

Virginity means nothing these days you are correct, well it dose mean some thing...that it is the thing you should get rid of immediately if you want to become an "Adult". Least that is what teens think, if they are having sex then that is one of the blockades that is holding them back from being what they think is an adult gone. They THINK they know what having a baby means, but most don't have a clue and end up freaked and chained down even harder than they were by their virginity.

Virginity is a good thing, I am not sure weather it always was or weather it is now that it is a rarity. Is there a solution to this? I have none, and if I did it would do no good since people with ideas these day's aren't even given a second look let alone a first.

It is an odd and pretty bad situation really, I don't think parents do their job any where near correctly these day's.
    Battalion 316

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow has a reputation beyond repute The Lone Shadow's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2009 07:51 AM
    Threads

I think teens should do it, but use contraception UNLESS they know they can raise a child.

I, personally, would love a child. I may be 13 (i know, i'm young) but i stay up late and if he/she wakes up crying, i would whisper a lullaby until he/she falls asleep.

In all, teens, just so long as they aren't emo and have more heart then they like to show, should be allowed to do it.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Shadow View Post
    I think teens should do it, but use contraception UNLESS they know they can raise a child.

I, personally, would love a child. I may be 13 (i know, i'm young) but i stay up late and if he/she wakes up crying, i would whisper a lullaby until he/she falls asleep.

In all, teens, just so long as they aren't emo and have more heart then they like to show, should be allowed to do it.
    What about your education? Assuming you will quit school and get a job; and not receiving a high school degree will greatly affect the course of your future in terms of job skills.

And if you do choose to continue your education, who will pay for your child's education (assuming you want to get him/her through college, that's no sum of money to joke about), or his/her food, clothing, and toys; who's going to pay the hospital bills when the child gets hurt or sick? Who's going to take care of your child when you're at school? Your parents? Your partner?

Raising a child is more than about not "being emo" or having heart. I'm not saying that the choice is wrong; but there are a lot of very real material problems to think through, and someone so young shouldn't be forced into a situation where he or she has to deal with that kind of choices.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Senior Member Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2009 02:19 AM
    Threads

Honestly I don't think anyone should have children until they're at least in their twenties.. Have a stable job.. A proper home to be provided for the child.. And in a stable, functional relationship.. Preferably married..

Unfortunately.. These days if you're my age and still a virgin you're looked down upon as a freak.. Like you must have sex with someone by age 14 or there's something mentally or physically wrong with you.. I went to school with someone bragging cheerfully that her herpes came back.. And graduated with three pregnant women.. Along with went to school with a girl who decided to have sex with no protection, decided not to take birth control, then got angry when she got pregnant.. And started treating the poor boy like dirt.. Complaining that he is spending his money on himself and not fulfilling her spoiled needs and "the baby"'s needs even though she was barely a month pregnant..

Most of this is most likely going on while both sex's are still going through puberty and cant control their hormones.. Peer pressure also comes into play for the reason I stated in the above paragraph.. Chances are if a girl does not want to do it and/or has no plans of doing so like a smart young girl, there's a 50% chance she will either get raped by her boyfriend, eventually get convinced to do so by her boyfriend, or peer pressure by her other friends.. That's just my opinion.. Makes me glad I was born with zero sex drive..

My point is.. If you're young and going to have a child.. Finish school so you can get a higher paying job, therefore having more money to support the family which can make a happier family because you'll actually be able to tend for the childs needs more efficiently.. Starting a family isn't all about love.. You control the childs life for 17 years.. You'd better be able to give it a good one.. Because if you drop out of school and have a kid and possibly break up with your boyfriend.. Well, you're not giving the kid many choices on a future.. How will you give it an education? Home schooling won't be efficient if you're teaching the kid as a dropout.. And no education or a poor education means low job opportunities also meaning less money.. Possible less chances of getting into college, especially if the parent is paying for it.. and the higher the chance of the kid living at home for half of his life.. That's not fun at all..

Hopefully my point was made clear..
    Last edited by Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|; 03-10-2009 at 07:32 AM.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FallenBabyDoll View Post
    I don't think you guys are getting what I am saying.
    It isn't they can't take responsibility of a baby and having a baby isn't not taking responsibility.
    They are only doing what is natural to us, what we have been bred to do. And that is to breed.
    [Only since we have implicated so many religious and ethical morals is it wrong for a teenager to get pregnant.]
    You think a teen tigress shouldn't get pregnant because she is teen?
    If you look at us, at what we are animal speaking, we are breeding and moving on.
    We are all just animals.
    We like to think we aren't but we are.
    As I have said before tribally a teenage boy takes a test of strength and he becomes a man and can marry and have children.
    When we were cavemen it was tribally that way as well.
    Do you think they cared if they were teenagers or not?
    It's all for the survival of the species.
    I see no problem with teenage pregnancy because I see beyond our moral and ethical thoughts.
    Most animals do not have sex for pleasure. They have it to protect their species.

We are NOT tigers, do NOT compare us to tigers.

The reason we don't like teenagers getting pregnant is because, in most cases, they CANNOT raise them. It doesn't help our species when they can't raise them. And while it is natural to have sex, we have systems set up where their little mistake leads to us paying for them.

Why are you using things that don't relate to today's society for this thread? We have moved past cavemen.

In summary:

Unlike most animals, humans can have sex for pleasure. Today's teenagers are curious about this while ignoring the fact that they can get pregnant. It effects us when they have children, and I know from family experience that they will just turn to government hand-outs. I know that's my favorite thing to say now, but it's true.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2009 06:12 PM
    Threads

Personally, I believe in abstinence. Call me old fashioned but I just don't think sex should be used like the shiny new toy. I think sex is the ultimate way for a man to show how much he loves a woman and I don't think someone in the age group in question has the amount of maturity necessary to understand that.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    Most animals do not have sex for pleasure. They have it to protect their species.

We are NOT tigers, do NOT compare us to tigers.

The reason we don't like teenagers getting pregnant is because, in most cases, they CANNOT raise them. It doesn't help our species when they can't raise them. And while it is natural to have sex, we have systems set up where their little mistake leads to us paying for them.

Why are you using things that don't relate to today's society for this thread? We have moved past cavemen.
    You have to be joking me right.
    It may not relate to American Society, or Europe society, but there are some cultures who are still in that phase.
    African tribes is an example, they still believe in the rituals of becoming a man, claiming a wife, etc.
    And they are teenagers and they have sex, they have children too.
    I see it cultural fit that teenagers should have sex, if they truly believe they are mature enough let them make their own mistakes.
    Children learn from their mistakes.
    And if that is raising a child as a child and realizing that it was a mistake then so be it.

Anbu the Assassin chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2009 12:34 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
    You can't look after a child at that age, hell no.
    Absolutely agreed..

Once could be a fluke and twice a coincidence, but thrice proves it's a real ability.

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Solution:

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
    The Solution:

Reps! A kingdom for the ability to give reps!

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2019 11:16 AM
    Threads

What kind of idiot teen would have a baby that young? >:C Bugs me. ( That's why you don't have intercourse at a young age like that. Too many risks. Plus, condoms aren't always useful or helpful. Along with transmitting diseases and so on. )

Bread's Best Friend Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2010 02:12 PM
    Threads

*shakes head* After watching Secret Life of the American Teenager, I think I would want to wait till I'm married. Too much drama and stress.
    And Xemnas, I don't think it's that they want to have kids, it's that that chose to have sex and got pregnant on accident.
    "Up is Down"

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It may not relate to American Society, or Europe society, but there are some cultures who are still in that phase.
    African tribes is an example, they still believe in the rituals of becoming a man, claiming a wife, etc.
    I see it cultural fit that teenagers should have sex, if they truly believe they are mature enough let them make their own mistakes.
    And if that is raising a child as a child and realizing that it was a mistake then so be it.
    They are in that "phase" for a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with culture.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
    They are in that "phase" for a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with culture.
    Actually yes.
    Certain cultures, believe that they don't need the growth we do have.
    You need to learn up on more cultures.
    Certain countries believe they should stay the way they were.

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Satan's Child View Post
    i agree people learn from mistake no matter their age they are never to old or too young to learn from their mistake but that is no reason to sanction teen pregnancy. i also agree we are animals and as such have primal need but it is our so called humanity that distinguishes us in that it allows us the self-control to not behave as meer animals.

As for rituals and culture, it is not wise or fair to impart other persons culture on everyone. Cultures are unique and though other can learn of different culture they don not have to take them on. So by and large you are using th eincorrect means to strengthen an issue that doesnot benefit either parts(parent nor child benefits from your views outside of the respective cultures that already adhere to their beliefs)

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be massacred for saying this, but African tribes aren't the most civilized people. You can't use an African tribe as a reason as to how you can rationalize teen pregnancy.

This is one of those mistakes where you should stop them before they do it. There's going to be another person involved (while I don't have much of a problem with abortion). It's like stopping someone from commiting a murder, you're not letting them mature at all.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually yes.
    Certain cultures, believe that they don't need the growth we do have.
    You need to learn up on more cultures.
    Certain countries believe they should stay the way they were.
    Certain countries believe they should stay the way they are?
    Or you believing they think that?

You need to learn up on contemporary issues, politics and take culture in as a whole. Because back alley abortions don't happen, right? Even in countries that are so called culturally inclined to keep children, when in reality they do not have the financial means nor the facilities or infrastructure to have an abortion, even if they chose to, that would not sacrifice the safety of the mother? Okay. You picked the wrong person to debate this with.

In the Democratic Republic of Congo, rape and sexual violence are used as instruments of warfare. Rape is used in a systematic way, reproducing the mass scale conduct of genocide. It is used as a weapon to humiliate and terrorize the enemy that often results in death sentences. Whether it is from the violence inflicted during the rape itself, the infection of HIV/AIDs virus, or the psychological turmoil of forced pregnancy, rape is viewed as a serious crime against humanity in international and domestic warfare. Although sexual violence has been recognized internationally in the Geneva Conventions and in customary law as a war crime, actions to match this denouncement have been poorly pursued. There has been no political will to bring these violators to justice, indeed systematic rape and sexual violence has degenerated into a disturbing norm in the Democratic Republic of Congo because there is a lack of punishment. In order to begin apprehending those who commit these atrocities, an international awareness of rape as a weapon of war must be established. Many Americans today have no knowledge that the Congo is in a state of armed conflict and don't understand the complexity of the war and to what degree international involvement ties in. It is imperative to raise awareness of the issue, and to act on the global social outcry of sexual violence. Only when the international community collectively speaks out against rape as a weapon of war, will there be interest in the political will and abolishment of impunity, to bring justice to those committing these crimes.

The end of the conflict revealed the devastating consequences of the war. Thousands of women were raped, many infected with HIV/AIDs. "The nature of sexual violence in the DRC conflict is grotesque, completely abnormal," says Trevor Lowe, spokesperson for the UN World Food Program during the time of the conflict. Sexual violence continues as a form of aggression in the DRC today. Indeed, rape during the Second Congo War was on an entirely different level than rape in a stabilized country like the United States. No woman or child was spared. Any female from the age of two to the age of seventy was or could have been a victim. The act of the rape itself was excessively violent in nature. Soldiers often gang raped a victim and stuck foreign objects into vagina, mutilating the woman and leaving her to die in excruciating pain (if she was not captured as a sex slave). Systematic rape in the Congo proved to be effective and cheaper than arms weapons, as most of the soldiers who committed these crimes were already HIV positive. For soldiers, not only does the act of rape terrorize the enemy, but it also elevates the “morale” of men. In the documentary, “The Greatest Silence: Rape in the Congo”, rapists who were interviewed revealed they thought that raping women made the army “stronger”. This superstitious belief in the magical properties of the act encourages rape combined with long periods of isolation from women as a result of warfare itself.
    How's that for culture.

For more, please continue to read my essay here. Thanks and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Lola Granola; 03-21-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information