AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How was the Earth created???

Senior Member dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2010 12:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How was the Earth created???

I got a homework to do which is a 3 page essay on how the earth was created.. .things is i haven't got the slightest idea how to start the darn thing and it's due Thursday...so feel free to post your inisght on this topic...please put something useful that i can actually use...thank you

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

Interstellar matter clumped together over a long period of time, or something like that? What sort of class is this 'essay' for?

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Only thing I will say for you: Do your homework by yourself. Don't wait for people from an Anime Forum to feed you the ultimate answer.

You could of at least read a bit about the theme, and ask then AF members how they think Earth was created by posting some aspects of different theories. That would most likely help at finding arguments for or against each theory.

Kids, learn to do your homework by yourself. Learn to think and judge.
    Last edited by None of the above; 03-16-2009 at 02:21 PM.

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2017 10:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8 Steam ID: NorthOfTime

I can totally see this running down the wrong course. I dont know why you would be asked this question in school, but i know that its probably depending on you state laws illegale to ask this question in school cause of the fact that a school other then christian or religious schools have no right asking you your religion and this question pretty much does that for you.

But i bet you are in college or something of the like and the professor asked the question to see how some of you would approach it. Some will just flat out say "God snapped his fingers and poof" or others will say "there was this big bang wayyyyyyy back when.....". But i bet the prof. has heard all of this before and would like to hear something that yea will prolly fall under the same pretences, but brought to the stage differently then others would. Actually doing that would have to be done from your minds perspective.

What im trying to get at is the fact that this is not going to be graded on content but on its presentation or how you write it. Im saying that the begining will prolly have to state your direct opinion and fast. like for instence

If you were religious you could start out like so;
    Many speculate as to how the Earth was created, and most if not all, would believe in one of two theory's. Either A: god created earth in 7 days, or B: Earth was created in the Big Bang (I dont know much about this particular theory). I personally beilieve that God did create the earth in 7 days.

Your educated opinions follow.

The non religious person would or could write the same thing just the end of it switched to the big bang theory..

i dont know losing my train of thought. Pretty sure someone wont agree with me but that is ok because today is to good of a day tobe ruined by any of you.

Hawkatex:
    Really? You refer to everyone as kids when you yourself arent but 19.
    And dont try to tell me or anyone else that you have never asked for help on homework or the like. There is no ultimate answer. he is asking for advice on how to start an essay of this sort. i think coming to an anime forum were most people are good readers and thus good writers, is/was the smart thing to do. I think he thought and judged just fine.
    Last edited by NorthOfTime; 03-16-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Senior Member dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks has a reputation beyond repute dawnbreaks's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kojack View Post
    Interstellar matter clumped together over a long period of time, or something like that? What sort of class is this 'essay' for?
    the essay is for Geography...not sure but there are alot of other beliefs and well some are based on Christianity, evolution, and plain old stars that have ran out of evergy and the carbon...uumm..yeah something like you said but it goes more indepth...it is kind of a final grade that will get me through this last semester and i will need atleast a c+ to pass the class....

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is how you start your paper:

"In the beginning, back in nineteen fifty-five,
    Man didn't know 'bout a rock and roll show,
    And all that jive."

I can virtually guarentee you'd be the only person to start their essay off with AC/DC.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    This is how you start your paper:

"In the beginning, back in nineteen fifty-five,
    Man didn't know 'bout a rock and roll show,
    And all that jive."

I can virtually guarentee you'd be the only person to start their essay off with AC/DC.
    Beautiful. I would say this is the #1 best answer.
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it is a geography class...it's one of our last grade b4 the semester is over and well it can be related to christianity and evolution or which ever you guys think made the whole earth thing possible...

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

But its not about what we think happened its about what you think happened.
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the exact words my professor said was "Find out about how the Earth was created and on the end of your essay your references"..so i guess it really doesn't matter where i get the info from...as long as it's got to do with what he asked...mein honestly i wish i lived in a place where this was against the law for real..

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

Lol Big Bang is epic....no?

Junior Member Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2009 12:47 PM
    Threads

I wish that I got such easy coursework. I am forced to write 6-10 (or more) paged assignments on Aspects of the Legal System and Parliamentary issues within the United Kingdom.

I personally think that the "Big Bang" theory seems the most reasonable one of all. The fact that our universe is expanding still from years passed is quite interesting.

I would look more into such theories if I were you, especially if this is science coursework. Of course if it is Religious Education work then I recommend using God's name once or twice and how he created the Earth and Solar System in a week (7 days). Despite my saying this, doing your own research is inevitable. This is your coursework and not mine, after all.
    I am not the person I was this morning... But then who am I? I do not know who I am. But how can I not know who I am, or who me is, when I am me? How can I not be me? I can not be someone else... and someone else cannot be I, because I am I and they are they.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To all of you bringing up the big bang: What does the big bang have to do with the creation of the earth?

If someone asks me how laser pointers are created, I don't start by explaining how the big bang led to the creation of stars which created heavier elements through fusion, allowing the formation of planets like Earth, on which life spontaneously formed, and after billions of years of evolution, there was a bipedal species that after two thousand years of trying to figure out how the wold works, came to realizations about the nature of minuscule particles called atoms, and concepts they called pumping and stimulated emission of light, together with fifty years of research into integrated circuits led to the creation of laser pointers.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Junior Member Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam has a reputation beyond repute Madam's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2009 12:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by This name is a lie View Post
    To all of you bringing up the big bang: What does the big bang have to do with the creation of the earth?
    But there is some significants. You should keep in mind that the "Big Bang" is what created this entire universial plane as a whole, which is important when thinking about the more common and well known causes of the birth of the Earth.

You should probably also take into account that this is likely some little school revision scheme set by some simple lecturer. In which case the more "simple" and "obvious" known methods of the world's creation will be used and expected, no doubt.
    I am not the person I was this morning... But then who am I? I do not know who I am. But how can I not know who I am, or who me is, when I am me? How can I not be me? I can not be someone else... and someone else cannot be I, because I am I and they are they.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think that magical faries did it.
    Last edited by Baka; 03-16-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by dawnbreaks View Post
    I got a homework to do which is a 3 page essay on how the earth was created.. .things is i haven't got the slightest idea how to start the darn thing and it's due Thursday...so feel free to post your inisght on this topic...please put something useful that i can actually use...thank you
    Oh in other words do your work for you. No wait, thats not what you want right? You just want someone to say something you can "use" which is just you taking that and putting it on your essay... what's that called again? Oh yeah, plagiarism.

Sucks to be you kid. Just wait until you're in real life and have to get projects done for your employer - no one gonna bail you out for being lazy then. Your habits today are your habits tomorrow, and many tomorrows later.

Good luck. (note: I don't really wish you good luck, I meant it in a more sardonic way)

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
    Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
    The Earth began to cool,
    The autotrophs began to drool,
    Neanderthals developed tools,
    We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
    Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
    That all started with the big bang!

It's expanding ever outward but one day
    It will cause the stars to go the other way,
    Collapsing ever inward, we won't be here, it wont be hurt
    Our best and brightest figure that it'll make an even bigger bang!

And that's how it was made.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

Religion makes it simple. Just 3 lines.

1. In the beginning, there was nothing but God
    2. Poof
    3. Earth and Everything else was created

Senior Member Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2009 02:19 AM
    Threads

That's why religion was created. Basically making humans allowed to be stupid when thinking on how everything was created.

This topic will eventually go in a heated battle between Christians and Scientology.

Could care less how the earth was created. It's here now, that's all that matters. Do your homework yourself. Go to the library, search on the internet, it's called resources. Use them!

Everything has to be created somehow. So until Christianity can prove how god was created I refuse to believe in an entity.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

I say God flushed it down his celestial toilet.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| View Post
    Everything has to be created somehow. So until Christianity can prove how god was created I refuse to believe in an entity.
    To be fair, there is no universally accepted theory for how the earth was created. There are some hypotheses (most scientists think they are made in nebulae), but they are not proven. So by your logic, you should also refuse to believe in the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Diocletian View Post
    It's expanding ever outward but one day
    It will cause the stars to go the other way,
    Collapsing ever inward, we won't be here, it wont be hurt
    Our best and brightest figure that it'll make an even bigger bang!
    This is speculation at best.
    Last edited by Eris; 03-17-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Senior Member Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

At least there's theories on how it was created, believable theories. Whereas the other side has zero. Besides I don't need to believe HOW earth was created when I can see and touch and breathe it on a daily basis. THAT is my logic.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| View Post
    At least there's theories on how it was created, believable theories. Whereas the other side has zero. Besides I don't need to believe HOW earth was created when I can see and touch and breathe it on a daily basis. THAT is my logic.
    They are NOT theories, they are hypotheses! A theory in science is something that is proven and generally accepted as true (like the theory of gravity), a hypothesis is something that may or may not be true (more or less a guess.)

In the end, with your logic, the theists don't need to prove how god was created after all, only that he exists.

Senior Member Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts EVE Heart Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2012 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i say that you stick with the Big Bang Theory..
    since if you do your essay on the religious side..
    it may be simple but religion is complicated and that is something that you don't want explore with all its biases...

~Howl's Mistress Evil Twin from the Other Side here to save her from further humiliation...

avenge me!..
    kill kill kill

sig by .Elmer

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by This name is a lie View Post
    They are NOT theories, they are hypotheses! A theory in science is something that is proven and generally accepted as true (like the theory of gravity), a hypothesis is something that may or may not be true (more or less a guess.)

In the end, with your logic, the theists don't need to prove how god was created after all, only that he exists.
    Theory, hypothesis. Does it look like I care which one?

Then obviously you're completely misunderstanding my logic.

The earth is visible. We live on it. We touch it and breathe it every day. Obviously there was a way it was created.

God on the other hand, is a mere fairytale. Sure, his existence would have to be proven to me, but how something like 'it' would be created should be explained to me first before I decide for myself whether or not something like that would be able to exist.

They're two completely different things. One is visible at all times, the other, only people who have 'seen' him were most likely either sick one way or another or on something.

No offense to anyone, that's just what I think.

And I didn't want to be the one that started the religious debate. -_- Kinda hoping people would have read my original comment without responding some way. Oh well should have been expected. e.e;

Closed Thread

Thread Information