AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which is your favourite anime movie till date?

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Which is your favourite anime movie till date?

Well, you may have watch a lot a of anime series but you also surely must have watch many anime movies, some being just a side story while others being the sequel after ending of anime or games.

So, which is your fav anime movie till date? and, if possible try to give some details about it explaining why you like it.

My fav anime movie till date is Final Fantasy 7:Advent Children. Actually it is a sequel to the game Final Fantasy 7 back in the '97. The game is quite old, but the anime is superb. It is a 3D anime with superb fighting sequences. It is also one of the most famous anime movie out there which you all may have heard off or watched. It may be hard to understand the story without playing the game but the graphics and action sequences make it worthwhile to watch it. Because of the action-packed sequences and superb graphics it's my fav anime movie till date.
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 02-25-2009 at 08:12 AM.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

My favorite movie till date is Cowboy Bebop Tengoku no Tobira (Knockin' on Heaven's Door). Not surprising for me because i have been a fan of their series for a long time now , and i was expecting the same that as the series , the movie wont disappoint at all. And it didnt. In fact , after watching so many anime movies , and judging accroding to that , i have to choose this movie.

While watching this movie , as i expected the movie had that grip in it that i could let my eyes move , even though there was a break . The story line was great.
    The character named , Vincent Volaji , he is also described as the most evil guy in the cowboy bebop series. He was one of a kind character in the movie , and hes character design , hes style , hes whole story is just amazing. The main thing about cowboy bebop series and their movies , is there atmosphere . There is a strange atmosphere in the series which makes me want to stick to it more.

And after eating my fingers as well with chips , when the movie ended , the ending song "Gotta a knock a little harder" sung by Mai Yamane , was just a cherry on top of the cake. I mean from the starting till the end , the movie was great and a legendary movie for me of all time.
    It surely makes my Favorite movie till date without any doubt and its hard to think that any aother movie will be able to take the place of this one.
    Last edited by Necro'lic Enigma; 02-25-2009 at 08:38 AM.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Senior Member Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2009 07:40 PM
    Threads

I really liked the movie "Grave of the Fireflies."
    Its really old but I loved the story behind it and it was so good that I got teary-eyed towards the end. I would recommend watching it, It's very good!

Will you be my butler from Hell?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

My favorite is still Tekkon Kinkreet. A world pieced together beautifully, with older themes, that slowly breaks down from its concrete structure to a very fluid and symbolic state during the progression of the film.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

"Howl's Moving Castle:" there's this one scene where they pan across the mountains and the music is so gorgeous, the first time I watched this scene, I cried. Who am I kidding, I STILL cry at that part.

Basically, it's a beautiful movie with breath-taking animation and wonderful characters. The twist on the original story by Diane Wynne Jones is executed very well: it keeps the basic characters and concepts, but Miyazaki adds his own touch to the story and it's truly wonderful. And it doesn't hurt that it's an Academy Award nominated film, either.

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

Senior Member kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2011 03:26 AM
    Threads

howls moving castle and detective conan movies

Senior Member Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks has a reputation beyond repute Lenks's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2009 10:37 AM
    Threads

Grave of the Fireflies. Very moving.

Princess Mononoke comes next.

Senior Member Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2009 05:23 PM
    Well, I'm not a pirate on a ship, or a gardener in France..
    Threads

Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

I just learnt where the director derived this story from recently. XD Ah, I love Studio Ghibli movies, I own all that are released in English, some with two or three doubles. I love them so much. :3 Laputa was one of my first from the studio, which I received for my ninth birthday. Before I'd been a fan of Kiki's Delivery Service, which I've owned since I turned four. I recognized the style immediately and demanded having Laputa and Spirited Away. Adore all their movies to pieces, but it's Laputa I'll always love. (can't wait for Ponyo and Gedo Senki to be released, but I've watched the latter before and loved it)

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I still love the Lupin films. Great scenery, bad plot, but still great scenery.

Senior Member BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 11:29 AM
    Threads

End of Evangelion was pretty epic. Ending made me go insane for a couple days.

Junior Member Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor has a reputation beyond repute Vamvor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2009 11:04 PM
    Threads

Spirited Away. Overall, it is an outstanding film. It has a deep and intriguing plot with a great cast of characters. In particular, Chihiro is well written and undergoes excellent character development over the course of the film. The relationships between the characters are also well done, especially the one between Chihiro and Haku. Furthermore, both the film's animation and music are superb.
    Normal is not normal

~I'm yours~ yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin has a reputation beyond repute yilin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2010 06:23 AM
    Threads

I still love cardcaptor sakura the movie! ^_^
    I love sakura and syoaran!
    siggy by tsuki

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Patlabor: The Movie 2

Considering the fact that the movie was released in 1993 (8 years before 9/11) and the direction the world has been heading since, the themes that Oshii Mamoru engages in within the film is stunning, close to prophetic.

There's something almost lyrical about the scene where military tanks roam the streets of Tokyo that rings powerfully as time passes, and the director uses the strengths of the anime format (which places the fantastic alongside the realistic without losing the realism, something live-action films often have difficulty acheiving) to the fullest.

Patlabor: The Movie 2 is my favorite anime movie so far, hands down, and it stands watching again and again.

(There was an all-nighter mini-theatre in Shinjuku that was showing it a little while back; I wish they'd do that again so I could watch it on the big screen).
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Junior Member batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11 is infamous around these parts batistuta11's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2009 01:36 AM
    Threads

I'd like to say there are so many good animes so far.Everyone may have its own thoughts. For me , I like Rurouni Kenshin and Dragon Ball . Maybe and final fantasy.

Senior Member StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2010 12:42 PM
    Threads

End of Evangelion. Nothing else even comes close.

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dragofgravity

Quote Originally Posted by StabWound View Post
    End of Evangelion. Nothing else even comes close.
    I agree its still one of my fav epic movies

Senior Member mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2010 12:17 AM
    Threads

Tsubasa Chronicles Movie: The Princess of the Country of Birdcages has to be my favorite movie.

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mstrmnd48 View Post
    Tsubasa Chronicles Movie: The Princess of the Country of Birdcages has to be my favorite movie.
    wow i didn't know that they had a movie out for it

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I have to say that it's Karas: The Prophecy. Has anyone other than myself watched this movie?

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    I have to say that it's Karas: The Prophecy. Has anyone other than myself watched this movie?
    can't say i have sorry

Senior Member Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2009 11:59 PM
    Threads

For me its Princess Mononoke. Besides the fact that its beautiful to look at and has a fantastic plot, it was the first anime I can remember seeing (I saw it in the theatre with my dad) so it'll always have a special place in my heart and on my DVD shelf
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...

Junior Member diamondust13 has a spectacular aura about diamondust13 has a spectacular aura about diamondust13 has a spectacular aura about diamondust13's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2009 11:25 AM
    Massachusetts, currently at Umass Lowell; Talk to me if you're in the area =D
    Threads

I liked Whisper of the Heart, a Ghibli film of course lol
    A friend and I watched it and we were really able to identify with the characters so well. The art was wonderful and they had a way of capturing how the beautiful organized chaos of the cluttered streets and houses of Japan are, I love little details like that.
    Who wants to be awesome and make me a sig? =D
    ------------------------------------------------
    Reality Engineering since 10/17/2008

Member Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot has a reputation beyond repute Astarot's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2009 01:01 PM
    Threads

I don't really have a favorite, i just have a few that i really like.

Grave of the Fireflies
    Akira
    Paprika
    Whisper of the Heart
    Pom Poko
    Legend of the Overfiend (Not for the faint hearted).

That's it really.

Senior Member Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy has a reputation beyond repute Ezzy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2009 02:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1332-7412-2038

This is a tough one but but the first ones that come to mind would be Mononoke Hime, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, and Spirited away. The stories were absolutely amazing in all three of these as I can keep watching them again and again.

Senior Member mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2009 04:00 PM
    Threads

I have six:
    howl's moving castle ( i watch it almost every other weekend)
    grave of the fireflies (it really made me cry it was so sad but i loved it)
    the girl who lept through time (its just so funny but at the same time a little sad)
    whisper of the heart (it was sad and sweet)
    spirited away (just good and funny)
    earthsea (confusing but good)

Closed Thread

Thread Information