AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Japan loves Obama

Junior Member therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2009 04:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Japan loves Obama

It turns out many people in Japan are inspired in a somewhat surprising way.

In high school English classes in Tokyo they have this program where they play his speeches through a computer, as they also write stuff down in this Obama book or something. Their textbook is an obama book and CD set featuring his speeches. They mimick his speaking style and take grammar quizes on all of it.

The book isn't just a hit in high school either, it's a best seller all across Japan. The book has sold so well that they followed it up with a sequal, feating his his innaugral address. The first book is #1 on Japan's version of Amazon and the sequal is #2 based on book reservations alone.
    The publisher of the books said that many people were moved by the books and even cried, giving the japenese people hope.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Wow. Its amazing to see that one man can give so many people hope. I think its a good thing, perhaps it'll pull everyone out of this super-paranoid 'OMG, SOMEONES GONNA BOMB US' phase.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Yeah, the Obama craze is pretty...crazy. XD

If our Prime Minister had even half of his charisma, then we might actually support him. But alas! he does not. But I suppose that it is good that there is someone out there that can give us Japanese some hope. =P
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Senior Member Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2009 09:18 AM
    Threads

The reason Obama gives so much hope to so many people is because of (1) his character, which I must say has won me over and (2) because he's black. I mean, how long has America lived off of 40-50 year old White Chief Executives? It's a sign that other cultures are moving up on the scale.

I think it's funny. I read an article today. "Opinion of Obama is Subject to Change" and under that "Presidential Popularity Generally Improves Over Time". I laughed.
    Accepting simfile requests. E-mail me at [email protected].
    Generation: 15
    Whenever you see this signature, copy it into your own and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Junior Member therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime has a reputation beyond repute therewasatime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rubedo, the Crystal Blood View Post
    The reason Obama gives so much hope to so many people is because of (1) his character, which I must say has won me over and (2) because he's black. I mean, how long has America lived off of 40-50 year old White Chief Executives? It's a sign that other cultures are moving up on the scale.

I think it's funny. I read an article today. "Opinion of Obama is Subject to Change" and under that "Presidential Popularity Generally Improves Over Time". I laughed.
    Lol. Also his aproval rating right now is arguably 80% so it's funny he/she wrote that...

Junior Member pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2009 11:48 PM
    Threads

ok that's a bit over the top but yeh well I'm pretty sure the majority of Aussies where rootin for Obama in the us election

Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The publisher of the books said that many people were moved by the books and even cried, giving the japenese people hope.
    I think that's a little exaggerated. At least, nobody around me has been bursting into tears that I know of.

It's just the usual outbreak of the Japanese's inferiority complex to the West. I'm not surprised. Although it is annoying to see Democratic Party members nagging the Prime Minister for "Change" (i.e. a snap election) with every breath. For Godssakes, at least be creative enough to think of your own catchy phrase instead of stealing it from another country. Frankly I'm tired of the "the Americans had CHANGE, now it's our turn to say no to the current government" rhetoric used by politicians grubbing for power.
    Last edited by Datenshi; 01-31-2009 at 08:59 AM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    I think that's a little exaggerated. At least, nobody around me has been bursting into tears that I know of.

It's just the usual outbreak of the Japanese's inferiority complex to the West. I'm not surprised. Although it is annoying to see Democratic Party members nagging the Prime Minister for "Change" (i.e. a snap election) with every breath. For Godssakes, at least be creative enough to think of your own catchy phrase instead of stealing it from another country. Frankly I'm tired of the "the Americans had CHANGE, now it's our turn to say no to the current government" rhetoric used by politicians grubbing for power.
    Actually, the Americans didn't invent getting elected with vague promises of change and rebuilding the country to it's former glory. The Nazis did the exact same thing (and they probably copied it too). Obama is the right type to pull it off too, very charismatic and messianic. He has to be careful though, for if he starts to believe himself what he inspires his followers to believe about him, the world is in deep guano.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath has a reputation beyond repute october breath's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2010 01:51 AM
    Threads

Surprisingly many Japanese people are into American politics.
    Enough to put a guy that looks or is Obama in Air Gear.
    あなたとーしょに海で歩かせて下さい。

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Umm...President Obama's popularity in Japan is a little bit more simple than that.

He is popular in Japan because he shares the name of a Japanese city there.

Obama (小浜市, Obama-shi) is in the Fukui Prefecture of Japan. When Barack Obama traveled to Japan as senator, an airport official looked at his visa and said that he from Obama (instead of Obama being his name).

When he was beginning to run for president, the mayor of Obama found out about him and his popularity in Japan skyrocketed.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron has a reputation beyond repute Leleiron's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2009 07:40 PM
    Threads

I just hope that Obama can make a difference or else people will just use him as a scapegoat...

Will you be my butler from Hell?

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Umm...President Obama's popularity in Japan is a little bit more simple than that.
    That's just one aspect. He's incredibly popular all over Japan.

I can understand. After coming after Bush, almost anyone can looks like a messiah. I'm just worried people's expectations for him are way too high. However, he's an incredible speaker and I like what he's doing so far. I can see why he's loved.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Resident Japanese Girl
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Obama (小浜市, Obama-shi) is in the Fukui Prefecture of Japan. When Barack Obama traveled to Japan as senator, an airport official looked at his visa and said that he from Obama (instead of Obama being his name).

When he was beginning to run for president, the mayor of Obama found out about him and his popularity in Japan skyrocketed.
    Like P-san said, that's just one aspect.

There was also a Japanese comedian who imitated Obama, and that also added fuel to the fire.
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You can't just say Japan loves Obama.
    A lot of countries love Obama.
    I was amazed to see the people from Africa waving the American flag and not burning it. Waving it.
    A lot of these countries that have burned America and hated America are becoming all excited and everything.

And we shouldn't expect change right away.
    I do hope Obama is a good president.
    The way his speeches work, they have the mannerism of Abraham Lincoln and the power of Martin Luther King Junior.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No that can't be the only reason why. They wouldn't get emotional over his speeches just because there's a city with his name, lol.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pandacommander View Post
    ok that's a bit over the top but yeh well I'm pretty sure the majority of Aussies where rootin for Obama in the us election
    Yep. "An Australian poll conducted in August 2008 found that over 75% of Australians want Obama to win the presidential election"

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

The Obama fans are in for a sad realization. Obama is going to be like all the revolutionary change leaders in history, i.e. a disaster waiting to happen!
    The thing that bothers me the most, is the Obamania that's sweeping the globe!

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Pengin-san View Post
    That's just one aspect. He's incredibly popular all over Japan.

I can understand. After coming after Bush, almost anyone can looks like a messiah. I'm just worried people's expectations for him are way too high. However, he's an incredible speaker and I like what he's doing so far. I can see why he's loved.
    I know. I just find it funny that he first became popular in Japan because of his name before anything else. Once he started running for president, he became extremely popular in Japan. Everyone wanted to know more about him (his speeches, his books, etc) and they made a bunch of cool stuff for him. They even made a hamburger named after him!

This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Japan also likes monkies that make change like Obama.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Quote Originally Posted by october breath View Post
    Surprisingly many Japanese people are into American politics.
    Enough to put a guy that looks or is Obama in Air Gear.

For reference.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Junior Member Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo has a reputation beyond repute Qoo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2009 08:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post

For reference.
    Don't forget Obama's reference in Yatterman!

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And Obama-kun (and Hilary-chan)...

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

...Sharing a hint of love? ohdeargod

+
    O V E R D R I V E

Member Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato has a brilliant future Zanmato's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2009 04:48 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pandacommander View Post
    I don't think the East Coast on Aussie really cared, we kinda got our own problems, like The heatwave in VIC, and the Floods up north QLD, although after watchin the news updates, i guess it was a pretty darn big feat of history....

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Ninja from SPACE
    Actually, the Americans didn't invent getting elected with vague promises of change and rebuilding the country to it's former glory. The Nazis did the exact same thing (and they probably copied it too). Obama is the right type to pull it off too, very charismatic and messianic. He has to be careful though, for if he starts to believe himself what he inspires his followers to believe about him, the world is in deep guano.
    It's at least as old as Greece, which would make it about as old as democracy itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    The Obama fans are in for a sad realization. Obama is going to be like all the revolutionary change leaders in history, i.e. a disaster waiting to happen!
    I know, like that bastard George Washington, or that lying commie FDR. Either you're an idiot or you need to learn how to troll better.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Junior Member [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 08:25 AM
    Threads

Obama-Kun(小浜(オバマ)君) and Hillary-Chan(ヒラリちゃん)|O|

Closed Thread

Thread Information