AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Foreign Subs?!

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Foreign Subs?!

I'm... irritated.

Only mainstream anime is subbed [ENG] fast, naruto, bleach, one piece, etc.
    (obviously)

For anime like, Soul eater, it takes about five days, but only about 1 day for spanish/french subs. Power to them.

Not to be taken the wrong way, I don't mind foreign subs, That isn't why I am irked.

Why do they have to use english websites? Youtube is understandable, but veoh? And especially Megavideo has mostly foreign subs! And they come out faster than english subs. But it's a free service. I'm not compaining. Not trying too anyhow.

Am I the only one who is frustrated about this kinda stuff? =\

Last edited by _Freddie_; 01-30-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Bring Trent The Horizon Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2009 01:25 PM
    Northampton,Massachusetts,Williston Boarding School
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    I'm... mad.

For anime like, Soul eater, it takes about five days, but only about 1 day for spanish/french subs.

I don't even know of any mexicans that watch anime.... Hmm.

That isn't why I am mad though...

Why do they have to use english websites? Youtube is understandable, but veoh? And especially Megavideo has mostly foreign subs! And they come out faster than english subs.

Am I the only one who is frustrated about this kinda stuff?

OMG I KNOW!!! Like today I was so excited to watch Soul Eater and then I go to veoh and its all spanish sub!!! I almost exploeded and since the whole subbing schedule is weird now like bleach is eng subbed on friday instead of thursday. Its all just banananas
    Oli Syckes=Sexy Beast

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Maybe it's time for you two to learn a different language.

But I understand what you mean. I couldn't find Chobits anywhere at all, so I had to watch it in Spanish, which didn't sound to good at all. Hideki had a thick Spanish accent, and Chi sounded too old for her age.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

[B][COLOR=DarkOrange]I'm... mad.
    Okay.

Well...duh. That's because they're popular. They have more people willing to subtitle them because they have a larger audience.

For anime like, Soul eater, it takes about five days, but only about 1 day for spanish/french subs.
    Ever consider that Soul Eater is more popular amongst spanish and french subbers? Or that there's more people willing to subtitle them because they aren't busy doing other anime? And who cares that it's just taking an extra 4 days? It's just four days. Have you no idea what it was like before fansubs were mainstream, and you'd have to wait for months for a handful of episodes?

Did you ever think that....you know...Spanish people speak Spanish too?

Why do they have to use english websites? Youtube is understandable, but veoh? And especially [SIZE=3]Megavideo [SIZE=2]has mostly foreign subs! And they come out faster than english subs.
    Those aren't english sites. They all have language options are are viewable all around the world. This is the internet. It's like a global community, and anyone, no matter what language they speak, can use it. And why are you getting pissed off about it? So you have to watch it a few days later than people on the other side of the world. At least you get to watch it, and pretty damn fast, too.

Am I the only one who is frustrated about this kinda stuff?
    For the sake of my outlook on humanity, I hope so.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Italian dubs come out the quickest. When I watched Naruto months ago the Italian subs came out hours, and hours above everyone else.

Who cares which came out first, you're watching them illegally, you shouldn't complain and shut up.

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    Did you ever think that....you know...Spanish people speak Spanish too?
    No, I'm an ignorant, ranting noob who is under the opinion Español is strictly a mexican language, and is different than Spanish.

Isn't the world such a better place when we all use sarcasm?

I'm sure there are people from Spain and Mexico who are anime fans. I just am stating that I've never met one, and you insinuate I'm stupid or something.

Those aren't english sites. They all have language options that are viewable all around the world. This is the internet. It's like a global community, and anyone, no matter what language they speak, can use it. And why are you getting pissed off about it? So you have to watch it a few days later than people on the other side of the world. At least you get to watch it, and pretty damn fast, too.
    I said frustrated, not pissed off, big difference. Am I not allowed to be irked slightly?

Second, just because it is translated into other languages doesn't mean it is not an English site.

Wikipedia: Veoh is a San Diego, California-based company

By all means, let other nations upload videos to their version of the website, but would it be difficult to keep the material on those separate versions? Maybe I can set it up that way, I'll see!

For the sake of my outlook on humanity, I hope so.
    Your outlook? I'll respect your opinions, but I don't appreciate your rudeness. Not necessary, good sir.
    Last edited by _Freddie_; 01-30-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Um... you know. Only all of my cousins in Mexico who are bilingual and prefer Spanish or only speak Spanish watch anime. Just... letting you know. Plus, my mom is Mexican, and she loves anime... yeah.

I'm sure there are people from Spain and Mexico who are anime fans. I just am stating that I've never met one, and you insinuate I'm stupid or something.
    That's like me saying Jews don't exist because I've never actually met a Jewish person, or no one has ever said to me they're Jewish.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    That's like me saying Jews don't exist because I've never actually met a Jewish person, or no one has ever said to me they're Jewish.
    No, you're just inferring that meaning yourself.

I really didn't think much of it, the "Hmm" indicated (or should have) that it was just an afterthought.

If you're that friggin' sensitive just tell me and I'll edit it, okay?

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, you're just inferring that meaning yourself.

I really didn't think much of it, the "Hmm" indicated (or should have) that it was just an afterthought.

If you're that friggin' sensitive just tell me and I'll edit it, okay?
    You worded the first comment, implying that there were no Mexicans who watch anime. That's how I read it the first, second, third, and fourth time. Still read it that way.

And you're the one being extra-sensitive about it. We're pointing out what's real, while you're giving most people rude responses and then telling everyone how rude they are for disagreeing.

I could have said it a little nicer, yeah, but the way Xero worded it, I wouldn't have been offended.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    You worded the first comment, implying that there were no Mexicans who watch anime. That's how I read it the first, second, third, and fourth time. Still read it that way.

And you're the one being extra-sensitive about it. We're pointing out what's real, while you're giving most people rude responses and then telling everyone how rude they are for disagreeing.

I could have said it a little nicer, yeah, but the way Xero worded it, I wouldn't have been offended.
    "I don't know" implies "There must not be" to you? Fine, it is gone.

Again, I'm not actually angry, or offended, Let's see....

Does smaller text make me sound calmer? =]

How about the smiley face? We all cool and happy now? =O Let's be civil, and respectful! ^o^

To sum up my topic in one sentence the way I mean it, would go;

"I always find foreign subs when I search for my anime, and it's kind of annoying, what'cha ya'll think?"

And apparently, everyone is reading it as;

"STUPID FRIGGIN FOREIGNERS AINT GOT NO RIGHT TO WATCH ANIME OR USE THE INTERNET [LENGTHY RAGE]"

But naw, I'm calmly sitting at my desk sipping a Root Beer, peaceful as can be.
    Last edited by _Freddie_; 01-30-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"I don't know" implies "There must not be" to you? Fine, it is gone.

Again, I'm not actually angry, or offended, Let's see....

Does smaller text make me sound calmer? =]

How about the smiley face? We all cool and happy now? =O Let's be civil, and respectful! ^o^

To sum up my topic in one sentence the way I mean it, would go;

"I always find foreign subs when I search for my anime, and it's kind of annoying, what'cha ya'll think?"

And apparently, everyone is reading it as;

"STUPID FRIGGIN FOREIGNERS AINT GOT NO RIGHT TO WATCH ANIME OR USE THE INTERNET [LENGTHY RAGE]"

But naw, I'm calming sitting at my desking sipping a Root Beer, peaceful as can be.
    Implying means you aren't blunt about it. The way you worded it, it made it sound as if you thought there were none. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have seen the same thing.

This whole thread is about how you're mad that there are basically foreign subs mixed with English subs that you want to watch. It's true, that's annoying, but then you get mad because the subs aren't coming fast enough and other languages are getting them first.

Wait in line.

And now you're just mocking everyone. You really are getting all pissed off about this. You're not frustrated, you're pissed off, plain and simple.

But, yes, let's try and calm down.

And also.

Thank you.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Uh, huh. Telling me how I feel. Classic.

Well since you do not believe me, I'll stop trying to reason with you.

I don't argue, I only like debates =\

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why get mad and get language involved? You're watching illegal subs. It's like fighting over who got to hit the blunt first.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Uh, huh. Telling me how I feel. Classic.

Well since you do not believe me, I'll stop trying to reason with you.

I don't argue, I only like debates =\

Really? Really?

I can't believe someone who wasn't proving that they are feeling what they're saying they're feeling. Before, you were mocking us with words.

But, you did remove the comment, and you are calming down in terms of words.

When I said calm down, I meant for everyone, not just you, too.

Now let's actually be civil about it.

Yes, I was frustrated back when I was an anime fan that my subs weren't appearing as often as foreign subs and that English subs came later, but I knew people can only sub so many languages at once.

So, I would wait until they came out.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Why get mad and get language involved? You're watching illegal subs. It's like fighting over who got to hit the blunt first.
    I believe it is only illegal when the anime had been licensed for North America? In which case, I often buy the anime from Best Buy.

And, re-re-re-re-stated: Other languages being available first, is fine, it just bums me out when I search for them and they're subbed in several languages besides English.

Bring Trent The Horizon Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon has a reputation beyond repute Bring Me The Horizon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2009 01:25 PM
    Northampton,Massachusetts,Williston Boarding School
    Threads

just bums me out when I search for them and they're subbed in several languages besides English.
    Look the point he is trying to make is its annoying that he cannot find the anime he wants in english no need to get all liberal and cross cause he "implied" something
    Oli Syckes=Sexy Beast

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Leche View Post
    Look the point he is trying to make is its annoying that he cannot find the anime he wants in english no need to get all liberal and cross cause he "implied" something
    We got past that.

Please stop bringing it up now.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

[B][COLOR=DarkOrange]I believe it is only illegal when the anime had been licensed for North America? In which case, I often buy the anime from Best Buy.
    It is always illegal, whether or not it has been licensed in your country. No matter what, it is still in violation of the copyright held by the producers of the anime.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Leche View Post
    Thanks, man.

I'll apologize to Xero, I intentionally was a little mocking towards him because I felt he did the same to me. Being a Mod and all, his response seemed even more rude than if it had come from a regular member.

However, Memento, I only tried explaining myself to you. You then told me, that what I said, meant something else than what I meant, as if I indeed meant it that way. Then you just plain denied my explanations.

It is always illegal, whether or not it has been licensed in your country. No matter what, it is still in violation of the copyright held by the producers of the anime.
    I stand corrected.
    Last edited by _Freddie_; 01-30-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

However, Memento, I only tried explaining myself to you. You then told me, that what I said, meant something else than what I meant, as if I indeed meant it that way. Then you just plain denied my explanations.
    I didn't deny them. I said I thought you were implying there were no Mexicans who watched anime.

I apologize if I made it seem as if I was accusing you of some 'hidden message' in your comment, but it's simply how I read it every time I did.

But, like I said:

We got past that.

Let's stop arguing.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-30-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

[B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Thanks, man.

I'll apologize to Xero, I intentionally was a little mocking towards him because I felt he did the same to me. Being a Mod and all, his response seemed even more rude than if it had come from a regular member.
    Eh. I apologize. I meant no offense by it, it's just how I am.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Memento: Agreed xP
    Xero: I understand. Accepted =]

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

(obviously)

For anime like, Soul eater, it takes about five days, but only about 1 day for spanish/french subs. Power to them.

Not to be taken the wrong way, I don't mind foreign subs, That isn't why I am irked.

Why do they have to use english websites? Youtube is understandable, but veoh? And especially Megavideo has mostly foreign subs! And they come out faster than english subs. But it's a free service. I'm not compaining. Not trying too anyhow.

Am I the only one who is frustrated about this kinda stuff? =\

Getting back on track (hopefully)...

No, I am not frustrated because I do not watch fansubs since (as Xero pointed out) they are illegal. Foreign subs are made faster since translating from Japanese to Spanish or French is not NEARLY as complicated as translating from Japanese to English. There are parts of the Japanese language (ie politeness) that are easier to convey and translate into Spanish and French than into English. Translating something is a lengthly process, so I hope you can apprecite waiting a few days for it to be done.

By the way, just because it is based in the United States does not mean that it is an "english website". YouTube has been an international website for years now. Veoh is based in California but it became international back in May.

And MegaVideo is not even an American website. Both it and MegaUpload are based in Hong Kong, so it is understandable that they have more videos in other languages besides English.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information