AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Searching for mecha anime title

Junior Member Mystic Twilight is on a distinguished road Mystic Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2009 04:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Searching for mecha anime title

Hi guys im looking for an anime i watched in south africa approximately nine years ago. Since we in SA get our stuff rather much later than when its released in the US or Japan, the anime im looking might have been in circulation much sooner. I remember quite a lot of detail and want to watch it again but i cant remember the bloody name lol.

Righty here we go. The setting is in a post apocyliptic world (which we find out in the anime is from a battle between earth and the moon/mars, so plenty of burnt stuff) on earth. The main character is a teen age guy who is the only person able to or learns how to pilot a huge mecha, extremely close to gundam mechanics with energy swords and guns etc. There are a TOTAL of 4 mechas in the whole anime, white one being the main guys mech, a black/darkish purple belonging to the bad guy and a red and a blue mecha that are only controlled by an AI. In this world there are two human factions trying to take this one big city that houses a royal family of some sort. As far as i can remember, a coup has already occured and the bad faction is holding the royal family hostage while the good faction tries to mobilise troops to rescue the royal family. Regarding the mechas, the good guys mecha retains the memory of the former pilot who is now deceased while the bad guys mecha still has the bad guy alive after like 500 hundred years or something like that, the bad guy has some metal tentacles on his back or head (maybe replacing hair). The two AI controlled mechas are guardians of a building in an area where no one has gone to investigate has ever come back. We find out at the end that this building allows the earth to be "reborn" into a new lush world, enabling the earth to progress from a "young" earth to a "middle aged" earth. Besides the two factions, there is a third neutral and only shown much later in the anime, human faction. This third faction are the survivors of some nuclear holocaust or fall out, they are all mutated in different extents, and ally themselves to the good guys much later in the anime. A strong card they posses is a rather large device that is housed in a totem of some sort (if i remember) and allows them direct control of all the satellites left over from the war orbiting the earth, the one satellite used in the anime was like a laser one that shoots down a nuclear missile. And finally one last plot thing in the anime is some sort of virus or plague that infects people and turns them into like fast moving zombies, but they arent human munching nor are they decayed in any way, they look like brown/yellow chameleon skinned vampires.

I hope this is enough, i can type a heck of a lot more which includes a general history of events in chronological order and i got a good memory of generally how the whole anime ended.

Junior Member Mystic Twilight is on a distinguished road Mystic Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2009 04:37 AM
    Threads

no one has an idea?

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Twilight View Post
    no one has an idea?
    Man it sounds like an old title I have seen...
    did you look up Five Star Stories? It actually does not sound the same per say I was just trying to recall a mecha titles with limited machines
    Last edited by Funkgun; 02-06-2009 at 02:47 AM.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Junior Member DustyBannister is on a distinguished road DustyBannister's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2009 07:22 AM
    Threads

HOLY CRAP!!! I know which one you are talking about, unfortunately I am in the same boat as you. I oringinally read this post a few hours ago or so, thought nothing of it. Then I was going over old anime's in my head that I never got to watch and would like to when some images in my head matched what you said. I totally would have forgotten about that anime had you not have brought it up. I never got to see it though because when I first seen an ad for it, it was 8 years ago I seen the add on my Ghost In The Shell VHS copy, the only copy I had stumbled across of it though was at some huge asain flea market when my dad was working in the St Paul MN area(I'm from a crap hole eastern Ontario town on the fringe of civilization), which when I was staying in that city, was my only real connection for anime. The problem... it was Jap. dub, no subs, most of the product in that flea market was like that, mostly collecter value. There was a montage of MANGA titles on that GITS tape, unfortuneatly I don't have a working VCR to just pop it in and look, though I am sure the dvd copy of GITS has that montage, but I am my parents place at the moment and can't tell you right away.

Till then I can't help ya unless I dig up something on the MANGA site
    Last edited by DustyBannister; 02-10-2009 at 07:28 AM.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation daisuke9 is on a distinguished road daisuke9's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2009 11:43 AM
    Threads

Default on your search for the mecha anime

Well im not sure if you have tried doing a proper search at aanime library for the series you are looking for. i do know of several to look thru. One in particular is ANiDb. here is alink to start your search from here. this link will give you all mecha anime from 1998 on just keep hitting next until you find the one your after. you can also change your search around as you like. For me.. This site has returned almost 100% of what i have looked for. Old or New anime.
    Good Luck.
    Daisuke Niwa
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl....13=100&page=6

Member Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2009 06:39 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Twilight View Post
    Hi guys im looking for an anime i watched in south africa approximately nine years ago. Since we in SA get our stuff rather much later than when its released in the US or Japan, the anime im looking might have been in circulation much sooner. I remember quite a lot of detail and want to watch it again but i cant remember the bloody name lol.

Righty here we go. The setting is in a post apocyliptic world (which we find out in the anime is from a battle between earth and the moon/mars, so plenty of burnt stuff) on earth. The main character is a teen age guy who is the only person able to or learns how to pilot a huge mecha, extremely close to gundam mechanics with energy swords and guns etc. There are a TOTAL of 4 mechas in the whole anime, white one being the main guys mech, a black/darkish purple belonging to the bad guy and a red and a blue mecha that are only controlled by an AI. In this world there are two human factions trying to take this one big city that houses a royal family of some sort. As far as i can remember, a coup has already occured and the bad faction is holding the royal family hostage while the good faction tries to mobilise troops to rescue the royal family. Regarding the mechas, the good guys mecha retains the memory of the former pilot who is now deceased while the bad guys mecha still has the bad guy alive after like 500 hundred years or something like that, the bad guy has some metal tentacles on his back or head (maybe replacing hair). The two AI controlled mechas are guardians of a building in an area where no one has gone to investigate has ever come back. We find out at the end that this building allows the earth to be "reborn" into a new lush world, enabling the earth to progress from a "young" earth to a "middle aged" earth. Besides the two factions, there is a third neutral and only shown much later in the anime, human faction. This third faction are the survivors of some nuclear holocaust or fall out, they are all mutated in different extents, and ally themselves to the good guys much later in the anime. A strong card they posses is a rather large device that is housed in a totem of some sort (if i remember) and allows them direct control of all the satellites left over from the war orbiting the earth, the one satellite used in the anime was like a laser one that shoots down a nuclear missile. And finally one last plot thing in the anime is some sort of virus or plague that infects people and turns them into like fast moving zombies, but they arent human munching nor are they decayed in any way, they look like brown/yellow chameleon skinned vampires.

I hope this is enough, i can type a heck of a lot more which includes a general history of events in chronological order and i got a good memory of generally how the whole anime ended.
    I think the closest you'll find about this is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teknoman

Banned Forum / Chat defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271 is infamous around these parts defg271's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 04:35 AM
    Threads

Talking puma CAT

puma CAT puma CAT http://www.pumafr.com puma CAT,chaussures puma,puma speed cat,puma basket

Junior Member Yakitori is a glorious beacon of light Yakitori is a glorious beacon of light Yakitori is a glorious beacon of light Yakitori is a glorious beacon of light Yakitori is a glorious beacon of light Yakitori's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2009 01:10 AM
    Threads

Wink Other titles

Hi Buddy,

Here's a list of other animes if you want to have a a look at them as well?

Gunhed
    AD-Police
    Bubblegum Crisis
    Silent Moebius
    Appleseed
    Madox-01
    Megazone 23
    Detonator Orgun

Meiou Project Zeorymer
    Gall Force
    Sonic Soldier Borgman.

Enjoy !!

Junior Member sainath901 is on a distinguished road sainath901's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2009 12:20 PM
    Threads

Thumbs up

hai guys i dod nt no but i do remember it but i was wondering if any one new the name of an old mecha anime it was first televised in axn in india
    its about a boy who finds three giant robo mechas gold siver and bronze which as a smaller mache to transform known the first few eps take place in mars so if anyone knows the name of this anime could u pls message me of it

Closed Thread

Thread Information