AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Serious opinions only! [again >_>]

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Serious opinions only! [again >_>]

This is my first time on a vector styled wall.
    I can't make out if I've overdone a few things, so...

Extraction credits to Serated.

And I'll say it again::

DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE AND HELPFUL TO SAY TO ME.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vectory_veryberrywall.jpg‎
Views:	149
Size:	626.1 KB
ID:	23510  
    Last edited by Hautalken; 01-22-2009 at 04:05 AM.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ugly black border is ugly. Spice up the design (and perhaps extraction itself) with textures and patterns, because the scan is not clean enough to go well with the vector designs. Perhaps mess around with the scan colours too, since it kinda lacks pop.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

I usually love vector style, but the I don't like the colors you chose for this wallpaper sure they may blend it does look lovely, the colors also make it a tad boring. Again the black border shouldn't be there, or at least not that big. Bump up the saturation a bit...everywhere. Maybe adding a bit more effects behind the extraction, at least more than just the floral brushes. The lack of vivid color and the border it pretty much all I have to say here.

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Screw the black border and go for a widescreen resolution 1920x1200 is a good choice D:

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by MuZ0NaZ View Post
    Ugly black border is ugly. Spice up the design (and perhaps extraction itself) with textures and patterns, because the scan is not clean enough to go well with the vector designs. Perhaps mess around with the scan colours too, since it kinda lacks pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    I usually love vector style, but the I don't like the colors you chose for this wallpaper sure they may blend it does look lovely, the colors also make it a tad boring. Again the black border shouldn't be there, or at least not that big. Bump up the saturation a bit...everywhere. Maybe adding a bit more effects behind the extraction, at least more than just the floral brushes. The lack of vivid color and the border it pretty much all I have to say here.
    Follow what they said, especially Muzo's point at the extraction. Her eyes looks dead, and in anime-styled drawing, the eyes are pretty much everything. Keep it alive! Be sure to follow the "mood" of the eyes, it really helps in finding the right theme to fit the focus in

Also adding up, try adding some shine and shadows to the vectors here and there, makes it more realistic, y'know. Or try clip-masking some color gradients on the vectors to add some..."movement" into it

The colors, I see too much whites, and no "flair" in colors, as Jose stated. Maybe some completely different colors will make it more attractable

And lastly, not much emphasis of the focus =/ Pack up more stuff behind the character and MAKE her stand out of the props you've set up there

Keep it up Karuto ^_^

EDIT
    I just smiled at Wizzy's "screw the black border" comment
    Last edited by Famahama; 01-22-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    Over-saturating since '07

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The border isn't good??? That's surprising. I guess I should just be a good girl and lose the border.

Muzzy:: Textures and patterns? I'm scared to try those. I've never used them in a wall before and I don't know if I'll be able to use them right.

Jose:: So the colors are all wrong...Truth is, I just tried this gradient map and it just seemed to fit so well D: Initially anyway.

Wizzy:: OOOOOOHHH!!! That big? *sighs* I need to make my style a bit more flexible, don't I?

Unli:: I know about the eyes part. That's why I brushed them with a soft brush and set that blend-mode to vivid light. I guess it didn't work. I knew I should've just gone with the eye color instead of the hair and dress >_<
    And I should add more movement to the vectors using lighting?

I never noticed the fact that she doesn't stand out T_T

Bleh. Now I have to start all over again...
    Thanks everyone ^^

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Wizzy:: OOOOOOHHH!!! That big? *sighs* I need to make my style a bit more flexible, don't I?
    Well ... we are in the age of WS monitors. and 24'' aren't that expensive anymore. Personally I use a 22'' (with 1680x1050 res), but you mustn't exclude higher res D:
    My personal idea is to aim at highest res possible that you can make using your scans. Then you can always shrink it to any other lower size.
    Last edited by wizz-o-matic; 01-23-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

First of all...
    Great job on making the wallpaper.
    It's stunning only for a few seconds.
    Here's how to make it stunning for a few more minutes, hours, days, whatever.

I seriously suggest that you make the background a little less heavy. It really demands the viewer's attention rather than on the focus. So I suggest perhaps lowering the opacity on some of the vectors behind the extract. Maybe perhaps then it will look decent rather than demanding.

As Unli has already stated, the eyes should also be fixed a bit. There's no real vivid coloration in it. It's the eyes that really grabs people's attention, and that is the number one thing that you must focus on if you are going to have a character with such large and expressive eyes.

The overall color could perhaps change a bit, as they seem a bit clashing or too diverse. It's most likely just the contrast between random colors here and there. You can easily fix that.

TYPOGRAPHY. You really need to work on that. You can at least place it in a place better than that. I'll just let you handle that on your own. I'm sure you'll know what to do.

And yes, get rid of the large borders. It's good to have a full wallpaper.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Get rid of the black border, the wall doesn't look right with the border in mind. Try to make another version of the wall just wider and with some variety to the backgroun. It's a bit...plain...
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Junior Member pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander is infamous around these parts pandacommander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2009 11:48 PM
    Threads

I think the black border is alright because you have part of the character outside of the main background

Closed Thread

Thread Information