AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Keanu to Play Spike

GONESKIES AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS has a reputation beyond repute AF SUCKS's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2009 04:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    The thing is, with movies being based on Speed Racer and Dragonball, the original staff of the anime wasn't involved.

The Cowboy Bebop film has the original script writers and voiceactors providing assistance and tips, as well as Shinichiro Watanabe, the director of the anime, overseeing the project as a whole.
    You know, Stephen King was on as a technical director for Stanley Kubrick during the shoot for the Shining.

The first time King doubted Kubrick about essentially how his story was being changed Kubrick had him banned from the set.

Makes you wonder how they'll treat Wantanabe the first time he disagrees with a rewrite.

Candy ♥Pop in Love Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2009 09:34 AM
    Asleep in the backseat of the Akatsuki-mobile
    Threads

I might be willing to give this a try...

I mean, it can't be as bad as that Dragonball Evolution...with that...thing...Goku turns into...

Or that rumor about Will Smith trying to get his hands on Old Boy...

I mean, it's not as bad as that. I can sleep tonight.

Junior Member Akagami no Shankusu has a spectacular aura about Akagami no Shankusu has a spectacular aura about Akagami no Shankusu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2009 06:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Nandata!?!

Quote Originally Posted by loveyourfate View Post
    ..., but who else would you give the part to?...

Although I would expect better acting than my vision above, and a better costume, makeup artist crew.

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Akagami no Shankusu View Post

Although I would expect better acting than my vision above, and a better costume, makeup artist crew.
    Thats hot!!!

Junior Member arnold44 is on a distinguished road arnold44's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2009 09:55 PM
    Threads

Question How about adrian brody?

wont her make an okay Spike? I mean his eyes kinda match....I agree that Keanu shouldnt be spike...he makes an okay constantine..yknow the attitude

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dragofgravity

OMG NOOOOO
    I will not accept this
    Keanu as Spike
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    /core dump

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't see what everyone is freaking out about. For starters, the decision is by no means final, and really. Keanu Reeves is not THAT bad of an actor. You guys say that he is stiff, and I agree to an extent, but I think I'm going to argue that many of the roles he has played were characters that seemed to require a certain stiffness, anyway. Sure he's not perfect, but I respect him, in that, he seems to put everything he has into his acting career, and even if he's as AWFUL as you guys make him out to be, from what I've seen of him, he gives it his all.

I'm of no particularly large objection to any of it, so far.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

i say scrap the live action and make another series or ANIME movie.

duke of uberpwnage kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 12:18 PM
    Threads

hmm. reaves.......well i guess it kinda fits but i still dont think keanu can pull off spikes level of awsome. i wonder who could play ed well?

i also agree with Ryuuzaki HD. live action always sucks. just look at the dragonball movie. *shudders*
    Last edited by kyoichi; 05-26-2009 at 05:46 PM.

furries suck. plain and simple.

Also, kenshin pwns all other swordsmen
    "Brooklin Rage, in America!"

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 06:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    Would be nice wouldnt it? But I sincerely doubt thatll happen - I mean for all that cowboy bebop is well known - a live action movie has more mass market appeal. I still reckon it could work you know. I mean - batman begins/dark knight are comic book movies, and look how awesome they are. But then there was 'batman forever/and robin' in the 90's... Ooh, the agony of waiting
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

duke of uberpwnage kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi has much to be proud of kyoichi's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 12:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by tsujigiri15 View Post
    Would be nice wouldnt it? But I sincerely doubt thatll happen - I mean for all that cowboy bebop is well known - a live action movie has more mass market appeal. I still reckon it could work you know. I mean - batman begins/dark knight are comic book movies, and look how awesome they are. But then there was 'batman forever/and robin' in the 90's... Ooh, the agony of waiting
    hmmm. you've got a point about batman. and btw i've seen bill and ted and that was when reaves was still alive inside. have you seen him in the day the earth stood still? he basiclly played himself, an emotionless alien who is, for some reason, really annoying. but if he really tries he might pull it off. as for wether it should be a anime or live action movie, im still for anime movie, for the hardcore fans. for everyone else i'd go with live action.

furries suck. plain and simple.

Also, kenshin pwns all other swordsmen
    "Brooklin Rage, in America!"

Junior Member Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma has a reputation beyond repute Alma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2009 05:51 AM
    Threads

I've just found about this today. not just about Keanu, but about movie (and I call myself fan of bebop )

I don't mind keanu at all. I am fan of his as well of his looks, of course, not "acting"

will be interesting to see

Junior Member LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2009 11:48 AM
    Threads

Keanu doesn't seem right for the role. Maybe someone like Ryan Reynolds.

Junior Member CGFerreira is on a distinguished road CGFerreira's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2009 04:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    Seriously

I would love to see an animated Bebop movie which follows Spike while he was in the Red Dragons.

Senior Member Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2012 01:11 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

my god, give him an afro/spikey style and hes perfect, just look at him

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Seiya View Post

my god, give him an afro/spikey style and hes perfect, just look at him
    I'm glad someone else finally notices that.

I can think of one or two actors I'd like to see play the role a bit more than Reeves, but for this particular role he's an excellent choice.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Mrs. Matsumoto
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2011 09:43 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lttlpplkilppl

Not another live action!!!
    But seriously, he would be good. I don't mind it.
    I got a forum for random people. PM if you wanna check it out.

Junior Member Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete has a reputation beyond repute Concrete's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 06:24 AM
    Threads

Ugh, way to bring down a near perfect anime.
    You got a problem?

Junior Member Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 06:06 PM
    Threads

I'm not a fan of ol' Canoe, but I do agree with the fact that he could COSPLAY as Spike real well.

Acting like him? Well, mebbe if the Steve Blum dubbed over Keanu in post-production....

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2014 02:28 AM
    Threads

ha! oh my....this should, at the least, be a hilarious roller coaster ride of announcements and speculation until the project is dumped, leaving many sad and dejected film professionals in its wake

i'm not a bebop fan but i still wouldnt wish this kind of stuff on any distinguished series
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Senior Member Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart has a reputation beyond repute Zodiac_Hart's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2009 08:02 PM
    Threads

I just died a little inside...

Junior Member shroobs has a spectacular aura about shroobs has a spectacular aura about shroobs's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2009 11:21 PM
    Threads

I think he'll be decent, sure not perfect.. But give the guy a chance? =x

I'm Infected. Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection has a reputation beyond repute Genetic-Infection's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2009 08:13 PM
    Threads

I personally don't care much for Keanu. Buuuuuuut-- The personalities of him and Spike match, so I'm happy with the choice thus far.

Sig made by me. <3

Thriller Eve Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2010 08:43 PM
    Threads

this is good news to me. definitely a good fit

the truth is out there Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder has a reputation beyond repute Spooky Mulder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default at first I had my doubts, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    I'm glad someone else finally notices that.
    I also see it.

And based on everything else Xero's said, I can't wait. Keanu seems to be a fit choice for Spike, and I'm glad to hear that the original CBB staff and director will be helping out. At least we know it'll be relatively close to the anime.

I WANT TO
    BELIEVE

i'm here and i heart scully
    tumblr

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information