AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: a slightly harsh question...

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2017 10:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8 Steam ID: NorthOfTime

Quote Originally Posted by rEikAbLeU View Post
    if you have a friend, a girl friend, who has a boyfriend that hurts her physically and emotionally what would you do?

would you just stay out of their business and mind your own stuff?
    or would you meddle with the mess and try to help your friend out...?

what if you see him hurting her in front of you?
    how would you react??
    Have you ever heard the phrase "For every action there is an equal and greater reaction."? Well anyone know what the reaction of a soldier, trained killer, would be if he witnessed a woman being abused or harmed by a male? Well lets just say the "Equal and greater reaction." is highly underestimated.

Ive been married Two months and as much as she has made me angry sometimes, ive never once thought about physically hurting her. If i ever see another male abusing a female or hurting her, there will be punishment. Some of you think that i would get into trouble. no i wouldnt. In the military things are treated a little differently. It is my duty to protect those around me. If i must use force i will. deadly force if absolutley necasary. Sorry for not being fickle with my words.
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

The Ramen Girl rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2010 12:52 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    I'd tell her to leave him, obviously. But in the end it's her choice. If she chose to be dumb and stay with him, it's on her shoulders. It's beyond me why girls choose to stay with guys like that, and it's something I don't really care to understand. Stupidity is, through and through, stupidity. There's no gray zone. It's a black and white issue. If you're getting abused, get the hell out.

If he hurt her in front of me, I'd intervene of course.
    she is intelligent, she already left him...
    we are just waiting if he'll make any move at all...
    she is still afraid, but she iddi her best and now, she is doing her best to move on...
    "When You have eliminated the IMPOSSIBLE, whatever remains, however IMPROBABLE, must be the TRUTH" -Detective Conan

"I'm not ready yet... It's been three years and I still can't greet him" -Hinata Hyuga

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2022 03:03 AM
    Threads

First I'd talk to her. Get his information; where he works, what time he works, what route he takes, and where he hangs out. Then I'd find him, threaten to make his life a living hell as long as he keeps up what he's doing. If I saw him beat her, then it looks like I'm doing jail time.

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

I'd stay out of it, its not my place to sort out the relationship problems of gullible idiots.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

If I saw him striking her and her not really putting up much of a defense, I'd pull him off like I would any other human being assaulting another human being. I would then tell her if it's a problem, leave the relationship. If you love him too much to leave then you obviously love being beaten OR it's a minor issue like what food he likes and doesn't like; If it's a serious issue for you and he is unrepentant and not attempting to change(both of those are necessary) then you leave. It's as simple as that. Call the cops if you fear for your life or safety, but I'd have to wonder about someone who continues to love someone they think is going to kill them.

If they refuse to follow my advice, I refuse to listen to their whining about how bad he is and I won't acknowledge any injuries they may sustain. Oh, he broke your leg? Well, I bought you lunch but I'm putting it at the top of this staircase. Go get it, since his abuse isn't a big enough deal for you to do something about it.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, i'll definitely help out, talk to the guy, if my friend won't take the reality.Love is blind they say,-maybe she just needs to open her eyes and face it, and when she's adjusting,i'll be there with her..
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

Senior Member Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:59 AM
    Threads

Kick the **** out of him obviously. That way he'll know not to mess with her.

Senior Member OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2009 06:20 PM
    Threads

I love all the self righteous replies to this thread.
    I am talking about of course, " I WOULD KICK HIS ***"

That's clearly not the best route. Your friend has her part in it too.
    Women who get hit tend to be repeat victims.
    They seek out that type of guy.

If it happens in front of you then yes, by all means step in.
    Otherwise, personally I'd tell her to break up with him and call the police if he's hitting her. I'd also suggest she file a restraining order against him.
    If she did not take my advice and kept getting abused after that I would no longer feel bad for her.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

I'd confront the guy. See what's up and go from there. I'm not gonna just ignore one of my friends getting hurt. Simple as that.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha has a reputation beyond repute OmegaAlpha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    I'd confront the guy. See what's up and go from there. I'm not gonna just ignore one of my friends getting hurt. Simple as that.
    And then what if he denies it. Then what ?

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaAlpha View Post
    And then what if he denies it. Then what ?
    There's bound to be bruises with physical abuse. I'd also tell him what would happen if he was lying.

But hell, I'll probably have seen the abuse myself or have the witness with me if anything. Usually, people who go through abuse never tell about. It's usually friend or family or neighbors who happen to stumble upon such.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There's bound to be bruises with physical abuse. I'd also tell him what would happen if he was lying.

But hell, I'll probably have seen the abuse myself or have the witness with me if anything. Usually, people who go through abuse never tell about. It's usually friend or family or neighbors who happen to stumble upon such.
    So assuming this guy could not destroy you, and you somehow beat him..
    then what?

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I didn't say that I would be the one to beat him, or even beat him.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I didn't say that I would be the one to beat him, or even beat him.
    Well then we go back to the start. You confront it, he denies it. Say she DOES have bruises..Then what do you do?

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How 'bout I make this easy and shoot him? That'll solve all the abuse problems and get me out of this silly hypothetical situation.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How 'bout I make this easy and shoot him? That'll solve all the abuse problems and get me out of this silly hypothetical situation.
    Yes. I agree. If you're going to confront a guy who you believe is abusing a friend and if he denies and you know it to be a lie.. I'd go ahead and shoot him too.

I just wanted to see how committed you were to this whole "I WOULD CONFRONT HIM" thing. A lot of people like to make claims that are silly. My hypothetical was just to see what you'd do once you confronted him. That's all.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaAlpha View Post
    My hypothetical was just to see what you'd do once you confronted him. That's all.
    Well, the thing is I'm only getting one detail at a time when someone online is asking me what ifs. That can continue endlessly. Irl, I'd know everything I'd need to know to make my decision at that moment in time.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, the thing is I'm only getting one detail at a time when someone online is asking me what ifs. That can continue endlessly. Irl, I'd know everything I'd need to know to make my decision at that moment in time.
    Yeah that's true. Just trying for some interesting conversation.
    Not trying to offend.

Senior Member Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2009 10:01 PM
    Threads

I'd watch him beat her. She probably deserves it.

Dx.
    Yeah, right.
    I would woop his sorry tookus. No one lays hands on my friends with some kind of intention to physically hurt them. And I mean this, only if I saw it happening.
    But if my friend told me he was hitting her, the only question I'd ask is, "Then why are you still with him?"
    Last edited by Anpan Hayase; 01-17-2009 at 07:00 AM.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

HAHAHAHA

I love this thread. Why? Well my ex best friend was physically abused and emotionally abused and nowadays enters certain situations she probably doesn't really want to be in but does so because she is convinced he will leave her.

I tried to make her understand he wasn't doing her any good. I think I succeeded. The outcome? She knows, acknowledge that he isn't 'perfect' [he sucks] and I am hated. I haven't spoken to Jess for almost 2 years and find out about her through the few links I have. There is a point where you must decide to be honest with yourself and lose a friend to win a point.

¤Ultimate Fear Inducer¤ Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2009 06:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would mind my own business and ignore it, for the most part. However, if I do catch an act of violence between them right there, then I would step in and try to calm them down and settle the dispute. If it's purely abuse, then I would call the police, if necessary, and let them handle it.

EDIT: If they abuse(emotional and/or physical) continued on and they couldn't seem to work it out, then I'd advise her to leave him for her own good.
    Last edited by Perpetual Specter; 01-17-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Senior Member Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Pink And Blue Ribbon Makeup Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2016 06:31 PM
    Threads

I'd try to convince her to leave him because it's not worth her getting hurt or killed over. If I saw him hurting her in front of me I'd call the police and have charges pressed against him. I'd also tell her parents.

My AF family:
    Cousins: Astral_Mage

Senior Member Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro has a reputation beyond repute Saikoro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2009 05:56 PM
    San Diego, CA, USA, EARTH. WE ARE ALL NEiGHBORS.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: psh **** the wii.

Well, I have already been in this situation. A good friend of mine's boyfriend hit her once when we were at a party, and I took him into the other room and beat his *** until he stopped moving. I left him there, and my friend and I went home. I like to think he didn't die, but I never spoke to, or saw him again.

open up your mind
    and let some
    thought inside

~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Try to help her or If you can't help her tell some one who can.

Bringer of Chaos ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 255 - Torchic Shuriken Gun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2012 10:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KadoxxArtchikito PSN ID: ZukaxxMimozu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    I would ignore it. It is men's god given right to beat women silly.
    No way, you are insane!!! my solutions are if he hurt her;

emotionally: I would do my best to console her. I'm known around everyone that knows me as someone who you can talk to if a problem surfaces. If any of my friends have a problem, I would be the first to know; "it's only when you do something stupid and embarrasing, turning your back against everyone or everything, that you see who your true friends are"

physically: I would try to hang around with her as much as possible, like, every time they go on a date, I would try to make it a double date, so I could keep an eye on things

Right in front of me: There's know way I'd ever let someone hurt my friends, especially a guy hurting a girl, I'd step in, and before I'd even realized it, I'd have a fight on my hands. I tend to be a very overprotective and irrational person when it comes to my friends
    Last edited by ZukaxxMimozu; 01-18-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information